Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Overhaul mandalorian Call commonwealth Reforged wolfenstein Superpele money power body gauss Gear boomers vault khan Ryse Mask dead NPCs daryl hunk ghoul boom marvel machine riot
Latest topics
» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 Emptyby gavin gold Today at 4:00 pm

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 Emptyby Velken Sun May 05, 2024 11:54 pm

» Not new, but been a long time
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 Emptyby john96 Fri May 03, 2024 11:31 pm

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 12:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:39 am

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:27 am

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Fallout 4 a Disappointment?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
vandenburger

vandenburger

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 7:20 am

I'll add into this discussion too.

Short answer: Not necessarily a disappointment but not as great as it could be.

Long answer: as @HeathenYeti has stated above FO4 has lost alot of the humor of previous fallout games. Yes the shroud questline was fun and there are moments with Strong that make you chuckle but ultimately the fun dialogue and kookyness has gone.

Poorly optimized oh so very poorly even with a 6gb 980 ti graphics card i get horrific frame drops in certain areas. Now this can be attributed to the face that its a console port of a game. Hopefully Bethesda actually sort this out at some point.

Storyline: Well I liked it. Some good points and bad along the way the multi faction endings made the replay factor great. However bit tired of the father son/son father run around. New vegas went in a totally different direction and that was great. Didn't like you just left your wife in the cryo chamber. Surely you would bury her back in sanctuary next to the old house maybe?

Game world: Loved the setting. Didn't like the uber clean institute though. Not because of the story I liked that just the appearance of everything pristine. bad bad bad. Loved the downtown sections (despite the frame drops)

Gameplay: No degredation on weapons... bad. Although the arguement could be made that as a former soldier you would know how to properly maintain your weapons (I play male characters) doesn't apply to Mrs Lawyer lady. I liked the tweaks to combat. The new vats is a step in the right direction even though as a sniper with death's sprint or whatever its called chances are i can take out rooms full of mobs with quick taps in and out of vats. The non vats combat is alot better. Melee still needs some work. Would love to do a full melee play through but with decent animations it still looks like melee was an after thought. Who knows once GECK is out we may see some major improvements.

DLC: Well now this is where bethesda can claw things back. My personal hopes for DLC.

1. Underwater Vault/Institute splinter group. As the name suggests something totally under water walking through glass roofed tunnels seeing aquatic hediously mutated fishy types swimming past.

2. Return to Alaska/Brotherhood of Steel: Recon to China. A return to Anchorage where a new faction has arisen or a little jaunt into china where a Ghoul Dictator has been amassing an army to complete the Commie plan to take the USA (I know doesnt necessarily need to BoS but I thought it would be better.

3. Canadian Trail: North of the boarder into the wild lands of what was Canada. Furry death claws. deep snowy environments and alot of crazy going on in the Yukon

4. Outside chance this but Moon base Alpha: Using institue relocation tech and the deep range transmitter. you make contact with Moon Base Alpha. the final pure human settlement anywhere. there would be other settlements up there too but some have fought and wiped each other out. Others pulled a Vault style horrific experiment dealio. You meet the extremely Xenophobic Pure Humans. Untouched by the radiation of war down on the surface. You deal with schemes and plots. Slavery and evil. Will you join the Pure Humans or wipe out the last surviving healthy human colony left in the galaxy. Could even feature Aliens too
Back to top Go down
Finnisher

Finnisher

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 10:25 am

All depends on what you were expecting really. I'm sure there's a lot of positive as well as negative things you can find from the game. I personally believe it was way overhyped. I was eagerly waiting for it, I have been for years already, but I never hyped it up. Lots of people did to great extend and I feel that was very unnecessary.

TehJoninator5

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 2:33 pm

Diddles wrote:
If somebody were to ask me for a recommendation, i would offer them fallout 4, as i personally loved the main quest line but it just seemed to be fallout 3's plot kind of swapped over.

I mean, all the game's plots really revolve around finding a thing or person. Fallout 1: Water Chip, Fallout 2: GECK, Fallout 3: Dad, Fallout New Vegas: Platinum Chip. I didn't play Brotherhood of Steel and like 3 minutes of Tactics so I am unsure of the plot for those two.

castlesintheair

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 3:02 pm

@"HeathenYeti" I agree with you, I, personally didn't find any humor in 4 and it felt out of place. Even without wild wasteland, I found humor in NV even if it wasn't personally funny to me. As far as art goes, I have to agree with that as well, but more specifically, I don't like how big and bulky Deathcalws/ Sentry Bots are for example. It just seems a little cartoon-ish to me. I don't know why though. I also loved the setting, but for me I lost interest in the storyline as well as the lack of side quests after about 2 hours.

@"Finnisher" I let myself down by hyping it up too much. I started to feel skeptical as well though as it seemed too good to be true.

All in all I think the animations, atmosphere and combat with F04 + the RPG/ Faction elements of NV would make the perfect game and I think the majority of people can agree.

Savage55

Savage55

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 8:51 am

2 words, DLC and MODS
These are what keeps us/make us come back to Playing Fallout. Could you imagine just having to play the base game of Fallout 3 over and over, the game itself would grow stale, Have you played Vanilla Fallout 3?! I can't play it for more than 10 minutes without being Bored because I'm so used to the extra content provided by DLC and Mods. Same goes with New Vegas, although it has a "Variety" of Endings the base game would just be as stale after several hundred hours. My point is we need mods and DLC to make things interesting again. Who knows, maybe in 5 years time we might even say Fallout 4 was the best Fallout due to added content By Bethesda and The modding community. All I know is that Bethesda needs to hurry the hell up and release the GECK already.

Tehdpfan1

PostSubject: Thoughts on Fallout 4   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 8:51 am

Honestly I really enjoyed F4, I think overall it was a pretty good Fallout game maybe not the best but it was pretty good. The one big problem I had was the overall lack of content. I feel that if it had more content it would have been my favorite Fallout game. What do You guys think about it and how it holds up to previous titles and do you think DlC will be enough to fix it?
Back to top Go down
http://gamebanana.com/members/1421232
ndnuzik

ndnuzik

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 9:11 am

Personaly, I dont think the dlc could fix the lacks of content.
In all of the previous Fallout games, the main character has no voice for him/herself. Fallout 4 put the voices in game for both male and female, that require alots of working hours. That is the reason why Fallout 4 is short of content, each quest require loads of scripts need to be voiced.
The DLS(s) will only add some more stories to be tell, but i doubt that they would provide extra gameplay hours of side quests like all the previous games, maybe just more thing to do, a little bit here and there.
And yes indeed, Bethesda did a good job with Fallout 4, very similar to what Ubisoft did with Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. Pirates

Tehdpfan1

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 11:11 am

Thats a great point about the dlc, I agree that while it will add content it wasnt enough from the games start to make a diffrence.

Abazor

Abazor

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 11:58 am

The game was ok, but the lack of side quests and how most quests mostly came down to killing things really dragged the game down. For example in New Vegas it seemed like almost NPC you talked to led to a side quest with a variety of ways to finish it.
Back to top Go down
Tehdpfan1

Tehdpfan1

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 12:12 pm

yeah I think the focus on killing enemies killed the content most of the quests felt very empty.

NewVegasMerc

NewVegasMerc

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 12:17 pm

I absolutely love fallout in every way and aspect. I mean it's my favorite game/gaming franchise for a reason, and I do love love love fallout 4. It just felt like there was no roleplay elements. So I mean I love this game I just wish Bethesda didn't try as many new things as they did. It is key for a gaming company to progress it just felt forced in some ways to me.

JoeyLock

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 12:24 pm

I think it's a great game but oddly for me, I haven't played it anywhere near as much as I thought I would. I bought it the day before it came out and played it all night when it was released and for a few days after that but oddly I haven't played it in a good few weeks.

I think my problem is, is I love modding, I like to make a unique armour with a unique weapon etc but because Bethesda have massively dragged out releasing the Creation Kit, most likely because whatever DLC they're planning they didn't want anyone to create before they release theres, so its likely not going to be anything too massive in that case. But yeah I think I'm "saving myself" for when the modding of Fallout really picks up and I can implement my own stuff into Fallout without using coding etc so I think once the Creation Kit comes out and Nifscripts and such are all fixed for Fallout 4, I think its popularity will pick up again.

It's that same way with all Bethesda games, the Vanilla game lasts people a month or two before they start getting a bit bored so along comes the modding community and revitalises the game, I mean look at Oblivion, that came out in 2006 but the modding community has kept it a game many people still play often.

Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 U7NfwUa
Back to top Go down
http://joeylock.deviantart.com/
Tehdpfan1

Tehdpfan1

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 12:26 pm

Yeah I think modding is a huge thing especially for fallout and I would say that with dlc and mods people will start to come back to the game.

alexacireale

alexacireale

Character sheet
Name: Gio
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 12:38 pm

I actually enjoy the content that's available, though I would like to make some changes here and there. The only complaints I have are that the NPC's are pretty boring except for one or two, the endgame's pretty underwhelming, and IDGAF about Shawn! The idea that everything I am going to do is a lead up to getting together with my kid really puts a leash on my choices due to the fact that I feel obligated to go find this kid, not because I want too but because this character I am controlling wants me too. Plus, You can't really make an "Evil" character when looking for your son, he can be ruthless but like, it always comes down to:
Game: "what's your end goal?"
Me: "Become known as the baddest mofo in the commonwealth."
Game: " I heard save your son."
Me: "But I..."
Game: "Want to save Shawn"
Me: "NO!"
Game: "yes."
Me: "Ugh!"
Game: "Now that's the spirit!"
But it's a good game, would recommend, everything but that is good. 5/7

Tehdpfan1

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 12:43 pm

I understand what your saying I kind of feel like no matter what choices you make it will end up the same and all the monotony for mediocre endings that feel the same.

zirr0m

zirr0m

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 1:44 pm

It's such a weird phenomenon. There's a ton wrong with fallout 4, lack of content, mediocre ending, few choices or variety. Despite all of that I absolutely loved fallout 4 and it's still a great game. I loved settlement building and have poured over a hundred hours in that alone. Power armor is really fricken cool and really satisfying to run around in. And the story, despite having a mediocre ending, I thoroughly enjoyed. Fallout 4, despite it's many flaws, still manages to be a unique and fun game, definitely worth it's sixty dollars.
Back to top Go down
ndnuzik

ndnuzik

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 3:39 pm

I'm gonna make it short and simple
A great game indeed! but it terribly lacks of content BrickWall Headbutt

ritualclarity

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 14, 2016 10:00 pm

I really like that the modding community has embraced this new game and has loads of new content to explore and use for furthering the play ability of the game and yes.. even fix some of the bugs and issues and all this is even before the CK has been released for this. I am going to have to go back and get some of these new mods and such and do another run when I get the time. I have only done one ending and still have a few more to do!

blueylucky38

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 3:22 am

yeah I didnt feel it was much like a fallout game sure the shooting and stuff is fun but the role play seems to be gone I guess next game they need to look at vegas and 3 to see the things we liked not take away and dumb it down.

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 8:34 am

AussieShepherd117 wrote:
BITBUT wrote:
The only thing the game is lacking for me is the number of quest,interesting dialogue, and of course the karma system which badly damages the rpg element (or is there any?)of the game.

there was no karma in elder scrolls yet they master pieces

The Elder Scrolls Oblivion had the Fame/Infamy system which was like Karma, and THAT was a master piece  except for the horse armor DLC =/

castlesintheair wrote:
@Keevs I agree with you. The whole time I kept telling myself I feel like it's missing something very important. It also lacked excitement for me after about 2 hours.

@AdayDr1en When it comes to modding, it is definitely more intriguing than NV and 3 with the new engine, but I don't think I'd honestly do another vanilla play through. With modding, the settlement building is amazing, I can't even imagine all the things you could make, but Bethesda should't have to rely on Modders to get me excited about that. I didn't feel like I needed mods for years when NV came out with the exception of bug fixing and textures etc.

It's definitely isn't a "bad game" it's just not what Fallout should be in my opinion.

I have zero desire to play the game WITH mods after the CK is released, I fell asleep half way through the game and wasn't glued to my seat fighting off insomnia with caffeine like I was with FO3/FNV, instead I just said, heck with it I am going to bed.

HeathenYeti wrote:
I'll air an opinion that is a bit more on the subjective side and that I haven't seen brought up yet.

Art Style
I really think with the loss of Adam Adamowicz, the artistic lead behind fallout 3, that Bethesda lost some creative inspiration. I loved the concept art for fallout 3, its grungy, dystopian, David Lynch film aesthetic.(If you feel inclined google the art it's really wonderful) . So many of the weapons feel out of place, such as the upgraded sniper rifle with a Recoil Compensated stock. The recoil compensating stocks all look ridiculously out of place as well. I find the institutes aesthetic off putting as well.

Humor
Fallout 4 has very little humor. I can't remember a decently funny quest or random encounter besides Hancock's actions. I can easily bring up a great example of humor in Fallout:NV. Wand Dang Atomic Wrangler, I'm 90% certain anyone who completed the quest can remember it. You find prostitutes for the Atomic Wrangler, like Beatrix a BDSM loving cowboy ghoul, and Fisto, a sec robot. After you get Fisto you get the option to test his functions, and if you have Wild Wild Wasteland, you get attacked by a gang of old women after you leave the building you found him in. Once you turn the quest in to Garret you get a terrific bit of dialogue where he tries to hide his excitement about finding a pre-war sex robot. That's just one small quest. I would mention OWB but it would hardly be far since Fallout 4 has no dlc yet, and comedy was a large theme in that dlc. There are no quests as funny or as memorable as the ones in NV.

Feel free to argue with me about the aesthetic changes and or humor of the game, these are just my opinions after all.

I greatly missed the humor as well

deathcast wrote:
Not worth the wait, simply

+1

ndnuzik wrote:
Personaly, I dont think the dlc could fix the lacks of content.
In all of the previous Fallout games, the main character has no voice for him/herself. Fallout 4 put the voices in game for both male and female, that require alots of working hours. That is the reason why Fallout 4 is short of content, each quest require loads of scripts need to be voiced.
The DLS(s) will only add some more stories to be tell, but i doubt that they would provide extra gameplay hours of side quests like all the previous games, maybe just more thing to do, a little bit here and there.
And yes indeed, Bethesda did a good job with Fallout 4, very similar to what Ubisoft did with Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. Pirates

I am not sure if it can, I thought Bioshock Infinite was complete garbage without DLC, once it went back to Rapture the game got better but was still hard to swallow. Rapture was much more interesting to explore though than Columbia.

Tehdpfan1 wrote:
yeah I think the focus on killing enemies killed the content most of the quests felt very empty.

I agree, this is something that Bethesda has been pushing since Skyrim it seems. Atleast Oblivion and Morrowind had many options to complete quests.

JoeyLock wrote:
I think it's a great game but oddly for me, I haven't played it anywhere near as much as I thought I would. I bought it the day before it came out and played it all night when it was released and for a few days after that but oddly I haven't played it in a good few weeks.

I think my problem is, is I love modding, I like to make a unique armour with a unique weapon etc but because Bethesda have massively dragged out releasing the Creation Kit, most likely because whatever DLC they're planning they didn't want anyone to create before they release theres, so its likely not going to be anything too massive in that case. But yeah I think I'm "saving myself" for when the modding of Fallout really picks up and I can implement my own stuff into Fallout without using coding etc so I think once the Creation Kit comes out and Nifscripts and such are all fixed for Fallout 4, I think its popularity will pick up again.

It's that same way with all Bethesda games, the Vanilla game lasts people a month or two before they start getting a bit bored so along comes the modding community and revitalizes the game, I mean look at Oblivion, that came out in 2006 but the modding community has kept it a game many people still play often.

True, and people still mod Morrowind and even ported Morrowind into Oblivion for those players that can't stand dice roll combat, and want 'real time' combat.

Tehdpfan1 wrote:
I understand what your saying I kind of feel like no matter what choices you make it will end up the same and all the monotony for mediocre endings that feel the same.

I felt the same way as well, also the problem with NV was, once the main story ended you never got to see the fruits of your labor, at least in FO3 you got a glimpse of your accomplishment and the effects of your accomplishment on the main story line once DLC was added.

ndnuzik wrote:
I'm gonna make it short and simple
A great game indeed! but it terribly lacks of content BrickWall Headbutt

Indeed =/

blueylucky38 wrote:
yeah I didn't feel it was much like a fallout game sure the shooting and stuff is fun but the role play seems to be gone I guess next game they need to look at vegas and 3 to see the things we liked not take away and dumb it down.

I think dumbing down games is quickly becoming the new standard, the days are gone when people will spend hours in front of the screen to solve one puzzle in a dungeon like they did in Ocarina of Time etc. The gaming world is much more fast paced, and gamers as a whole demand instant gratification.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout 4 a Disappointment?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next