Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
daryl gauss hunk khan body ghoul Superpele Gear money machine power boom Ryse riot Overhaul marvel mandalorian Reforged Mask wolfenstein boomers dead Call NPCs commonwealth vault
Latest topics
» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. Emptyby professorlicme8 Today at 10:32 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. Emptyby Xehonort Today at 12:33 am

» Not new, but been a long time
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. Emptyby CrossDressiNate Yesterday at 4:20 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:56 pm

» A long overdue introduction
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. Emptyby Nicward Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:50 am

» Howdy from grandmastoes
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:42 am

» Hello from nexus
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:54 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:06 am

» The Next fallout
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:01 am

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:55 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:14 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gavin gold

gavin gold

Character sheet
Name: Gavin Gold
Faction: Mr. House
Level: 50

The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. Empty
PostSubject: The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.   The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 1:24 am

You've heard of the Fallout TV show, right?

I was doing my best to ignore it. I knew that being an Amazon TV show it was going to be terrible. But I thought it was going to be terrible because it was going to be some SJW nonsense. I wasn't prepared for what they were going to do.

I've been one of the most positive people when it comes to the Bethesda Fallout games. Sure, 4 isn't as good story wise as NV, but it's a lot of fun and I like it a lot. We have two different studios with different visions and there's no point getting worked up about it.

I always thought it was weird that Todd wanted to pretend as if NV never existed instead of just copying what made it good. Fallout isn't even Todd's creation. But whatever, we can have OG Fallout and Beth Fallout, no big deal.

They decided to nuke the NCR.

The nation that two separate protagonists built? The area that for a while was the entire wasteland? The faction that plays a pivotal role in NV?

Nuked. Destroyed. Bandit-ified. Some 4 years or something after the events of FNV.

Originally it was believed, due to a misunderstanding that they were directly making the game non-canon. Turns out it's worse. They made it irrelevant. All that time fans speculated about what the aftermath would be? There's no aftermath. California gets nuked. Those 3 games are erased. And from the rubble emerges the hobo-core, BoS dominated, perpetually-frozen-in-time world that Todd adores so much.

Oh, and Mr. House. Remember Mr. House? The guy that spent a huge part of his fortune and decades of his life trying to preserve humanity from annihilation? Yeah, he was one of the people BEHIND the nuclear war.

I'm done with Todd and his bs. That miserable, petty, small-dick psychopath.
Back to top Go down
TheHermit

TheHermit

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level: 33

PostSubject: Re: The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.   The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. EmptyTue Apr 16, 2024 2:09 am

Who hasn't heard of the show?

Look, I enjoy Fallout: New Vegas as much as the next person. It's by far my favourite Fallout game. Occasionally, I'm even very protective of it, but...
I've watched the TV show in its entirety - several times now. For the most part, I very much enjoyed it. However, it does seem to have some continuity problems that I hope are cleared up in the next season.
Still, I need to push back on a few of the things you've said - play the Devil's advocate for a moment. Particularly where you said "They made it irrelevant".

The story of New Vegas from 2281-2282 is still relevant. It doesn't magically disappear. That path was walked. It happened.
It doesn't diminish the impact or significance of events that occurred during that time period.
And Bethesda consider it canon - they've said as much on multiple occasions.

If you really think about it, how is the destruction of Shady Sands - the first capital of the NCR - any different to real-world historical examples?
There have been countless instances where great civilizations, victories, or achievements have been overshadowed or undone by subsequent events or changes.
The rise and fall of empires, the aftermath of wars, and shifts in political, social, or environmental landscapes have been a reoccurring thing throughout human history.
Progress and accomplishments can appear fragile and fleeting, especially when viewed from a long-term perspective i.e. decades, centuries, etc.

Think of the Fall of Rome, the Industrial Revolution (and its consequences), WW1 and the Treaty of Versailles - they certainly never expected it to, in part, pave the way to WW2...
The fall of Rhodesia - they probably thought they had something good too until it crumbled and became Zimbabwe.
None of those things that happened were irrelevant. We can wax lyrical in hindsight as to whether these moments in history were nothing but pyrrhic victories or futile sacrifices,
but the universe, much like the Fallout universe, speaks to us in irony. The show encapsulates the theme of "war, war never changes".
And I think the show writers did a pretty good job to remind us of that. Change and upheaval are inherent to the universe.
Imagine all of the existing civilisations we know today. Most if not all will not be here in 500-1000 years.
Some are likely to disappear much sooner than that. Names and places will be forgotten and some will make the history books.
Does that make us irrelevant? No. Not unless you take black pill suppositories on the regular.

As for another remark, "Oh, and Mr. House. Remember Mr. House? The guy that spent a huge part of his fortune and decades of his life trying to preserve humanity from annihilation? Yeah, he was one of the people BEHIND the nuclear war."

We don't know that yet. You're speculating. It could be that we unravel more about the discussion between Mr House and the other groups. Perhaps we has a change of heart further down the line.
House saw people as money and he needed people to keep him afloat. He needed the NCR and the families on the Strip.
We don't know that it was Mr House that provided Hank MacLean with the nukes to destroy Shady Sands.
All we know is that Hank is headed to what looks like a ransacked, dilapidated New Vegas 15 years after 2281.
The fact that we saw Mr House and the other CEOs in the Dr. Strangelove-esque "War Room", doesn't necessarily mean that he'll be the one we meet in New Vegas.
It could well be a red herring, It would all depend on what FNV ending is being canonized.
I'm personally not worried about them canonizing a particular ending in NV. I have no problems with Vault-Tec being potentially being responsible for kicking off the Great War.
I don't have any problems with NCR (at least with what little we've seen) being a shadow of what they once were.
It could well be the Yes Man ending that's been canonized and that it's the COURIER Hank is on his way to see. And THAT would be very interesting.

I'm reminded of General Oliver's words to the Courier during the Yes Man ending:

"Do you know what you're doing? Making a nation - like you think you're doing, ain't like chowing down on a pile of Fancy Lad Snack Cakes."
"Don't expect to hold this place for very long, however. The NCR will be back."

And perhaps the NCR did come back - in full force. The Courier's Independent New Vegas vs the NCR. And the Courier is the one that nuked Shady Sands in retaliation.
I really do think Mr House or the Courier could be responsible, but most likely the Courier. Perhaps that explains how MacLean got the nuke in the first place - he went to Vegas to get help.
The Enclave may also exist because of the Courier. If they canonize the Courier helping the Remnants in FNV, have them assist during the 2nd battle of Hoover Dam, and subsequent to that, they recruited new blood into their ranks.

Have a think about it. Share your thoughts. I get your frustrations, but try to calm down.

MY MODS & MODS I'VE CONTRIBUTED TO:

Last edited by TheHermit on Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistakes)
Back to top Go down
https://thehermit.bio.link/
MajorLeagueFister

MajorLeagueFister

PostSubject: Re: The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.   The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. EmptyTue Apr 16, 2024 4:15 am

Dude, by your logic, almost every game has been invalidated and discarded by the previous one, because most of them end with the Enclave getting destroyed, and then they always pop back up. The timeline is allowed to advance and new things are allowed to occur, otherwise what's the point. Even Warhammer 40k, the most stagnant franchise in the universe, advances the storyline and tries to keep things moving along to explore new stories and create new drama. They didn't "nuke the NCR". One person nuked one city. That city happened to be the capital, and so the consequences of that are going to be bigger, but it's not like the entire state of California was annihilated for a second time. Player Characters have done more damage in a casual side quest.

I understand Todd has pretty much just ignored New Vegas since it came out, but the only way to reach the conclusion you reached about the TV show is by going out of your way to look for it. You decided this was the case before it came out, and you found any opportunity to prove yourself right.

The entire premise of Fallout, since the beginning, has been on the futility of war, the darkness of human nature, and the inevitability of human failure. Reducing the NCR is an excellent way to take the existing lore and reintroduce that message. We also have ZERO idea what the current state of the NCR is in the show. It might be destroyed, but it's entirely plausible that there are remnants scattered all around, trying to bring things back together (like many factions have done over and over and over again throughout the series).

You're angry because, what, you wanted the ending of New Vegas to be frozen in time, never changing again, so that you could feel validated about what happened (in universe) 18 years prior? Things happen. I'm sure the second season will shed more light on it, as this whole thing was just a mystery that was revealed towards the end of the first season, but it's entirely rational to see this all as the consequences or (pardon the pun) fallout of events in New Vegas. The NCR pushed. The Wasteland pushed back. The wasteland ALWAYS pushes back.

It's also entirely cannon that House decided YEARS before the great war that it was inevitable. It's a perfectly rational action, once you reach that conclusion, to decide that your best outcome can be achieved by controlling how and when that war happens so that you can have better influence over the consequences.
Back to top Go down
gavin gold

gavin gold

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.   The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. EmptyTue Apr 16, 2024 4:20 am

@TheHermit Man, I appreciate the attempt to make things better but please don't be so naive. Todd didn't nuke the NCR so that they would "return later and rebuild". He nuked it because, in his eyes, the old Fallout has to die. It's not enough for them to pretend it never existed, it needs to be erased because its very existence conflicts with Todd's vision for Fallout, which is a world frozen in time (just like the Elder Scrolls) where no matter how many hundreds of years go by you'll still get the BoS fighting mutants and wastelanders digging through trash.

If you can play and enjoy NV and get invested knowing that it is all pointless because a decade or so later it will all get nuked to rubble and we will we be back to square one, sure go ahead. For me, this is a crime, as serious as what they did to Star Wars.
Back to top Go down
TheHermit

TheHermit

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level: 33

PostSubject: Re: The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.   The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. EmptyTue Apr 16, 2024 5:43 am

gavin gold wrote:
@TheHermit Man, I appreciate the attempt to make things better but please don't be so naive. Todd didn't nuke the NCR so that they would "return later and rebuild". He nuked it because, in his eyes, the old Fallout has to die. It's not enough for them to pretend it never existed, it needs to be erased because its very existence conflicts with Todd's vision for Fallout, which is a world frozen in time (just like the Elder Scrolls) where no matter how many hundreds of years go by you'll still get the BoS fighting mutants and wastelanders digging through trash.
I'm not being naïve, but I'm also choosing not to be overly cynical because it does nothing for me. I could create all theories in my head about Bethesda being salty about this and that and that their decisions seem suspicious or out of spite. Believe me, the thought crossed my mind for a brief moment, but there was so much homage to New Vegas and the old games that I'm going to reserve judgement until season 2. What's more, we don't know for a fact that Bethesda actually feel salty about New Vegas. There's no proof. We'll never know for sure. Fans simply make little stories in their head.

gavin gold wrote:
If you can play and enjoy NV and get invested knowing that it is all pointless because a decade or so later it will all get nuked to rubble and we will we be back to square one, sure go ahead. For me, this is a crime, as serious as what they did to Star Wars.
That's like saying "if you live life, get invested in it, be content in it, achieve things, find meaning KNOWING that it's all pointless because in 7 billion years the sun will explode and in trillions of trillions of trillions of years the universe and all matter and energy will fizzle out, sure go ahead" The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. 1f60f

MY MODS & MODS I'VE CONTRIBUTED TO:

Back to top Go down
https://thehermit.bio.link/
gavin gold

gavin gold

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.   The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. EmptyTue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 pm

@TheHermit

Quote :
What's more, we don't know for a fact that Bethesda actually feel salty about New Vegas. There's no proof. We'll never know for sure. Fans simply make little stories in their head.

But we do, man. We do. You can see how they act. You can see the fact that they pretended for years that it never even existed and that every time they do bring it up it's always to damage its legacy. You can see the fact that Obsidian offered to continue to make spinoffs for both Fallout and the Elder Scrolls and Bethesda refused. By the way, when asked about it, Chris Avellone himself said his impression was that Bethesda never liked NV. You can see that they denied royalties to Obsidian over ONE point which almost destroyed the studio. That's all fact. The only thing they haven't done is come out and say that NV is non-canon trash, but the only reason they don't is because of corporate niceties. I'm convinced one day he's just going to do it. 

Quote :
That's like saying "if you live life, get invested in it, be content in it, achieve things, find meaning KNOWING that it's all pointless because in 7 billion years the sun will explode and in trillions of trillions of trillions of years the universe and all matter and energy will fizzle out, sure go ahead"

You'll find that there's a very significant difference between 7 billion years and a couple of years. There's no damn point in thinking about the wasteland and what faction is better because none of them will leave a lasting legacy. You might as well only do "kill everything" runs from now on like you're playing Doom because who the hell cares anyway? Mr. House will never reach the stars. The NCR will never rebuild America. Vegas will just be a ruin like everything else. Nothing remains but Todd's stupid fucking face grinning at you and going: "Oh, you thought you won and built a better world? Enjoy the 5 minutes you get, bozo!"

This is exactly the same they did with Star Wars. There's no point in watching anything Star Wars related anymore because it all just leads to Jake Skywalker. And the only way for me to not have the experience completely ruined is to simply treat Beth like I treat Disney. I just flatly don't accept anything they make as canon. At this point the writers of Fallout Equestria probably care more about the franchise than Todd.
Back to top Go down
PresidentPasta

PresidentPasta

PostSubject: It hurts but I still enjoyed it.   The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 9:17 am

Seeing my beloved NCR mishandled and underrepresented hurt me a lot, but I think the show and the writing were amazing, and I'm excited for more, and on the bright side its boosted the player count on every fallout game drastically.
Back to top Go down
snuffles

snuffles

PostSubject: Re: The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.   The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 12:52 pm

This fallout shit serious
Back to top Go down
professorlicme8

professorlicme8

PostSubject: Re: The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.   The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. EmptyToday at 10:32 am

Least over dramatic toxic fallout fan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.   The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd. Empty

Back to top Go down

The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1