Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
hunk dead NPCs boom machine khan Reforged Call Mask Superpele riot Ryse marvel daryl ghoul Gear money commonwealth body Overhaul boomers power vault mandalorian wolfenstein gauss
Latest topics
» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 Emptyby Velken Yesterday at 5:54 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 Emptyby SgtSpectre Sat May 04, 2024 7:21 pm

» Not new, but been a long time
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 5:31 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 6:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Fallout 4 a Disappointment?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 7:04 pm

I couldn't get over that the enclave were not in there and that around of weapons from previous fallouts were not there. Weapons from Fallout 1,2,3 New vegas. And New vegas and 3 were the same way if you look at the wiki Fallout 1 and 2 actually had some real world looking weapons. Another thing I very disliked was the ammo. You could use hollow points, Full metal jacket etc.
Back to top Go down
yoshi101

yoshi101

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 10:35 pm

I wouldn't say it's disappointing, I've not played through any of the story or quests, I'm just exploring and I love it. Don't forget that the Creation kit will multiply the amount of content so much more, and with it new quests and new places to go.

maybenexttime

Character sheet
Name: Nova
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 70

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 2:34 am

yoshi101 wrote:
I wouldn't say it's disappointing, I've not played through any of the story or quests, I'm just exploring and I love it. Don't forget that the Creation kit will multiply the amount of content so much more, and with it new quests and new places to go.

@yoshi101 I think for most people the story and dialogue killed FO4. Exploring was always pretty good. But the story? Man, that was just bad.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxYtkZcLsMZbIKBe6Z35liA
Player147proman

Player147proman

Character sheet
Name: A Literal God
Faction: Meme Page Admins
Level: 9000

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 2:55 am

So far what is killing it for me recently is the dlc for FO4. Bethesda, Really? The automation was average and the wasteland workshop is the horse armor dlc for oblivion all over again. WTF!!! The first two dlc's for NV was amazing along with FO3's but this, I felt insulted on how they didn't went full effort like they did on the other Fallout dlc's.

BallistaEd87

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 3:22 am

For those of you who feel a bit disappointed about beating the game in 100hrs or a little less, I can understand that some wished that there could of been a little more content or areas to explore or both. Some I am pretty sure expected to be similar style of exploration like Skyrim or FO3. Since they are both games made by Bethesda, we all (including myself) felt that it was going to be something like that but better. But the expectations were rather low when put in that amount of time into the game and beaten it.

I for one enjoyed the game regardless as do some of us here. One thing I will say that I am somewhat disappointed is that the graphics or engine kind of feels like the same one as the previous FO games but more improved. The story was ok but the dialogue was not that good as I thought. The other one is that the stability and performance of this game from launch was really buggy along with other things. In the end I like the game a lot and if I run out of things to do well, I can always do a new character and do an evil run to get more achievements/trophies. And if I am done with that well, I will play other video games lol. DLC wise, loved Automatron but really disliked the workshop.
Back to top Go down
Obdulio

Obdulio

Character sheet
Name: Obdulio
Faction: Dragunov
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 3:48 am

It was an incredible disappointment, aside from the combat everything else seems so dramatically dumbed...

Quests tend to have just 1 path .. kill everything. Exploration everything feels too close to together at the beginning and the early Power Armor and Minigun? I thought that was just for a demo to show off the new power armor system not the actual beginning of the game! While there are interesting places you encounter they're just wasted .. Combat Zone and The Racing areas come to mind. Dialogue system was such a let down from the 4 choice limit to all the options leading the the same conclusion the only difference is if you were an asshole about it or not.
Back to top Go down
IIHawkerII

IIHawkerII

Character sheet
Name: Conroy El Cadera
Faction: Independant
Level: 49

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 3:52 am

I think Fallout 4 was a... sufficient game in the Fallout series.
Am I impressed? Nope.
Will I continue to play it after I beat it? Nope. (Maybe, Depends on the Mods that come out with the GECK. =3 )
Did I enjoy playing it? Well, yeah. I suppose.

Personally, I thought the writing / world design in fallout 4 was a drastic step down from previous fallout titles. I really wish Bethesda would have taken a page from obsidian's book and re-imagined Fallout in a similar way F:NV did to FO:3.
Sure, It was different. But it still felt... Bland to me. Nothing too fantastic or Memorable.

Other than that... I don't really have much to say about Fallout 4.
I liked it. Didn't love it.

And I find, on my way to death and happiness,
that my heroes, my heroes dress in black.
Back to top Go down
yoshi101

yoshi101

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 8:27 am

@"maybenexttime" I can't speak for the story but I will give an opinion on it when I have gotten round to playing through it, I'm just hoping that randomly generated mission mods are possible that there is always something to do.

beardofsocrates

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 8:31 am

I wouldn't go as far to call the story complete rubbish. The twist in the plot actually surprised me, and left me thinking about it for a few days, which I haven't done for a video game since MGS4. But that's about it. After finishing the plot, I felt the entire build-up was just for that one big surprise, and then the writers suddenly hit a writer's block. Everything else felt like filler, with an unfulfilling ending to reward you.

Second was the lack of RPG elements. The combat zone being the best example, considering there are unused audio files, suggesting it was meant to an actual fight you could participate in. The files reminded me of what SomeGuy did with his mod King of the Ring. Instead it's kill everyone, grab drunk companion and leave. This is reflected throughout most of the game... (minus the drunk companion part).

Onto a more positive note.

Exploration is, as any Bethesda game, rewarding. Not just for loot, but the hidden stories scattered everywhere. I found it very fun trying to piece together scenarios, to the point where I was staring to feel more like a detective than anything else. The contrast of the glowing sea, to a mostly intact Boston was awesome. I hope Bethesda adds further surprises to it in the future.

Gun-play: Feels good, and weapons were satisfying to upgrade. I wish however sounds were improved somewhat. To give a better response every time you pull the trigger.

Voiced Protagonist: Overall I would prefer to play without it, but the actors themselves did a fantastic job. It feels... very neutral, for someone can convey their own personality onto the character.

Stormlord

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 10:24 am

I'll explain what i think about F4 with a single phrase: it's a good game but not a good Fallout
Back to top Go down
RikugunTaisaDancho

RikugunTaisaDancho

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 11:18 am

It's a good game, but as mentioned it is NOT a good fallout game, however there are things to enjoy from the game, now for me i didn't encounter much bandits in FNV but in F4 they are more common than the commonwealth traders, i like that and i love the map setting the graphic and the gunplay the game certainly has a lot of good things in it, and some improved visuals like Pipboys and Animations for stimpaks etc

however the game does have flaws

for me, my biggest complain in terms of gameplay was Power Armor, for me Power Armor felt very weak and their stats does not justify how Power Armor won Operation Anchorage as in F4 it is not as strong as it's supposed to be, and the map is quite good but it's lacking several interesting settlements mainly cause alot of settlements are under your control, which for me is also a pain now i don't like the Dialogue system and S.P.E.C.I.A.L and not to mention the fact that your character has a son and the story itself, and how the game cuts several contents that could'v been added. sometimes if you compare this F4 to the previous Fallout the lore it self was different by slight, some U.S Army gear in FNV or FO3 wasn't present in F4 and there was not much story to it however i still do enjoy the game, i just hate several aspects or flaws of it. the game needs more improvement, yes. i highly agree however those fix aren't present as of now, so all we can do is wait. features of F4 some of them are very interesting to try out and i love the fact they used Skyrim's engine the game definitely felt more immersive than FNV for me.
Back to top Go down
loness

loness

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 9:42 pm

Definitely not alone with this opinion. I think what somewhat killed FO4 for me was actually me being to hyped up about it. I was kind of hoping to maybe relive the time when I discovered FO3 and when F:NV was just around the corner. But that didn't really happen as I basically did everything in it including all endings and all bobbleheads withing around 200 hours. It just doesn't have that Fallout feel to it anymore like FO3 and NV once did at least thats how I feel about it. Most ofg the points I also was annoyed by were already described before so I am not going to write them down.

Anyway have a nice day fellas!

Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 20160411
Back to top Go down
Colelapointe

Colelapointe

PostSubject: Fallout 4 opinion   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 1:59 am

So i wwas wondering peoples opinion about fallout 4 alot of people say it was a HUGE let down but i loved almost lol every moment of it so yeah.
Back to top Go down
AussieShepherd117

AussieShepherd117

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 7:22 am

Colelapointe wrote:
So i wwas wondering peoples opinion about fallout 4 alot of people say it was a HUGE let down but i loved almost lol every moment of it so yeah.

this is a link on another topic same to what you describing
https://www.gunetwork.org/t8620-fallout-4-a-disappointment?highlight=fallout+4

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
theoldwise

theoldwise

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 12:19 pm

for me the game was awesome, than went from awesome to pretty okay. It became too easy way too fast and i played the game on very hard (after a couples of hours) That's where i stopped playing and bought my self a PC to play Fallout NV all over again with as many mods as possible. I am sure as soon as GECK is out and the "real" mods come to FO4 it will be awesome again. Imagine playing New Vegas without any mods and i am pretty sure we wouldnt love it as much as we do now. Storywise i don't really care - honestly i play most games for the looting and shooting. I don't really care for factions etc. i think Final Fantasy 7, Grandia and Lunar or old point and click adventures is stopped caring for story (okay Mass Effect was awesome or Dragon Age or spec ops the line) Fallouts Story never got me hooked (i have no clue why i am helping Cass killing the Van Graffs or the old Caravan Lady) So for me all FO4 needs is more guns, more quests, more companions, harder difficulty, more monsters and more crafting:) in a comment i saw that someone said Bethesda just offers the playground and modders will fill it with awesomeness - i think that's the best way to put it. Modders will make FO4 great and i am looking forward to wandering the Commonwealth again. Maybe with one of the greatest mods - Roleplayers Alternative Start

Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 Doom10
Back to top Go down
Keevs

Keevs

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 12:25 pm

- Merged Fallout 4 Opinion with this topic - 
-Keevs

Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 7MakDJW
Back to top Go down
yoshi101

yoshi101

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 12:43 pm

The only issue I have is that the game makes it too easy to achieve things, weather it's armor, weapons, resources, levels. I feel the player progresses to quickly and that there isn't any real challenge to obtain rare things, When I properly play this game I will be playing on survival and making sure I have mods that limit the effect of stimpaks, increase the the level of the AI and general make the game a challenge.

ritualclarity

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 2:09 am

yoshi101 wrote:
The only issue I have is that the game makes it too easy to achieve things, weather it's armor, weapons, resources, levels. I feel the player progresses to quickly and that there isn't any real challenge to obtain rare things, When I properly play this game I will be playing on survival and making sure I have mods that limit the effect of stimpaks, increase the the level of the AI and general make the game a challenge.

There will be a mod for that TongueTril

Well I am pretty sure of that once the CK for FO4comes out..

I could start getting back into FO4 however what is disappointing is the mod managers. I prefer Mod Organizer and haven't heard thatMO2it is up to the level of quality of the MO (32bit) version. Functional but not complete. I am pretty sure once the new Mod Content Creator (I believe CK) is released (currently in Beta for select few) we will start having some serious rapid fire fixes for various issues like what @yoshi101 has stated making it more "our" game instead of what Bethesda has released. More persona. I am so amazed at the content that has been released so far without the public having access to the CK. It is a testament to the modding community.

What Are U Casul?

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 2:39 am

the thing that fallout 4 need to be a good fallout game are quests it becomes repetitive when you make a second character

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout 4 a Disappointment?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next