Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Gear vault khan boom gauss Ryse boomers hunk body Call machine Superpele mandalorian Mask daryl marvel ghoul wolfenstein Reforged dead commonwealth Overhaul NPCs money riot power
Latest topics
» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 Emptyby fgjc Today at 5:42 pm

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 Emptyby Velken Yesterday at 5:54 am

» Not new, but been a long time
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 5:31 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 6:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Fallout 4 a Disappointment?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
gabet347

gabet347

Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 5:03 am

Can we talk about the ending for a sec?

Spoiler:

Last edited by gabet347 on Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chaldeanz

chaldeanz

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 5:29 am

ive put over four days and got the platinum trophy on ps4 (100% achievements) and i give it a solid 8 out of 10... reasons being for that was the all the endings were rather bland, those repetitive "another settlement needs your help general" were i think a good 60% of the side quests, and it felt like a FPS then a fallout rpg... but other then that the gunplay was brilliant and the weapon crafting was also pretty amazing IMO

Distortion

Character sheet
Name: Distortion
Faction: of none of your damn business
Level: two fitty

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 6:11 am

Honestly I enjoyed playing it. I put about 250 hours of game play time. Fallout 4 has some high points to it like the overall gun customization, Graphics are good but, could have been much better. The story was decent and the overall combat was way more improved. Building settlements was exhilarating but, felt like minecraft with better graphics. The only real excitement of fallout 4. Downsides, the story never really felt like my story. It just seemed like whatever i made a decision on always provided the same results. The dialogue was shit, same result no matter what i said. Only giving me four options as well? Wtf. The repetitive fucking quests for the minutemen and every other faction was fucking boring. Hopefully Weapon mods and quest mods make the game fun again but, until then it kinda stinks right now.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Havoc

Havoc

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 4:28 pm

@veteranAlpha96

the game has not been in development for 7 years there was this little tiny thing called skyrim in between TongueTril

Anchev

Anchev

Character sheet
Name: Anchev
Faction: Enclave
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 4:45 pm

The only disappointment for me is the lack of good writing, Bethesda need to new writers ASAP.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
castlesintheair

castlesintheair

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 6:25 pm

My main complaint is the lack of content and quests. It feels like, to me they just said "here's a half ass story and a huge open world with Sh*t loads of raiders and buildings with nothing in them. We'll leave the rest to the modders." I like the weapon modding, but there isn't enough different model guns for me to really care. I also hate how you can only wear 3 different clothes under armor. Not that customisable like they made it out to be. Power armor is pointless once I got up to 8000 stimpaks and eventually started selling them. Fusion Cores are cool and are realistic, but I'm not about to spend hours looking for more when I run out. I also don't like the lack of dialogue in characters with names, some of which don't even do anything.

Last edited by castlesintheair on Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://tenfiftysix.tumblr.com
MrComplex

MrComplex

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 6:45 pm

id say it was pretty good as far as games go, sure it seems the game was designed more by a marketing team than a group of gamers but its still good and fun to play

i reckon ill play it through maybe 5 or 6 times then mod it a bit before i get bored and never pick it up it again, i doubt it will have the same long lasting charm as fnv and f3 did

patrikfroman

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 7:09 pm

Yeah for sure. Doesn't come close to NV in terms of story. Gameplay is great and all but RPG feeling is missing badly. GECK cant come sooner.

EVGA GTX 980 Classified 1.5GHz OC
Samsung 840 pro 120gb SSD
Samsung 840 EVO 500gb SSD
Seagate 1tb HDD
Corsair RM850 PSU
2x ASUS 24" 1080p monitor
1x DELL 27" 1440p monitor
Back to top Go down
castlesintheair

castlesintheair

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 10:24 pm

I already know my PC can't run it otherwise I'd have it modded and use commands, but I did a play through of it on PS4 and I was honestly tired of it before finishing. I do agree in feeling like it was designed by a marketing team and the lack of RPG elements are disappointing, but it does have some awesome pros, it's not all cons. The combat and animations were quite enjoyable as well as the prewar beginning and some aspects of settlement building, but that was more frustrating than it was worth putting time into.

Regardless, I look forward to the DLCs and hopefully they won't be disappointing as well.
Back to top Go down
http://tenfiftysix.tumblr.com
Keevs

Keevs

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 11:08 pm

I felt that it was a little bit of a let down, it felt very strange to play, I can't describe it, but it felt more like bioshock than fallout for some reason. I guess it's the looting, that was very similar. I was also disappointed by the map size, it felt pretty small compared to the others to me for some reason.

Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 7MakDJW
Back to top Go down
AdayDr1en

AdayDr1en

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 8:03 am

Though there is disappointment in terms of RPG features and mechanics, I haven't found a reason to call the game bad or disappointing at all. I am mostly excited to move on to modding it. The New Vegas scene was interesting, but I could never get real depth with my mods in it due to the engine. I'm glad to see Bethesda take the features Obsidian implemented and better them, as well as the mod-inspired features.

I wish they didn't make looting work like in Bioshock, like Keevs said, 'cause that was obviously done for casual gamers who have the FPS disease who usually also have short attention spans. Not that we won't get use to it, nor is it bad 'cause we still have the inventory. It's a placebo feature, luckily.

As for everything else, I'm glad I've found mods to correct Beth's oversights(like unwanted/unintended interaction outcomes due to the inadequately-informing dialogue choices), and I'm hoping we get more RPG'ish mods.

Overall, I don't think I could be disappointed by it.

Hey, you don't die or are unable to play the game at the end(?). They did right, there !

Ehlengast

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 5:10 pm

Yeah, well I think, the F4 is nothing compared to Fnv or F3. I like the settlement system (especially with Mods) and the new Crafting System, that makes searching for weapons unnecessary, cause crafting is waaaay better. Like many people said before, the roleplay aspect is pretty non-existing imo (e.g. I can't play the bad guy anymore). I'm hoping for Modders to fix some things in that game with the Geck, and that they do new quests. I have like 150hours in this game and did every sidequest and all the main quest, it's not that big. I played over 200hours ttw and still have some unfinished (non-mod) quests

Back to top Go down
rest_in_pepperoni

rest_in_pepperoni

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 7:59 pm

I feel that Fallout 4 is definitely a good game, Bethedsa have always geared their Fallout games more on the FPS side of the fence than the RPG side, Lets hope that if they let Obsidian make another game they'll give them more than 1 year Dev time.

castlesintheair

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 10:37 pm

@"Keevs" I agree with you. The whole time I kept telling myself I feel like it's missing something very important. It also lacked excitement for me after about 2 hours.

@"AdayDr1en" When it comes to modding, it is definitely more intriguing than NV and 3 with the new engine, but I don't think I'd honestly do another vanilla play through. With modding, the settlement building is amazing, I can't even imagine all the things you could make, but Bethesda should't have to rely on Modders to get me excited about that. I didn't feel like I needed mods for years when NV came out with the exception of bug fixing and textures etc.

It's definitely isn't a "bad game" it's just not what Fallout should be in my opinion.

Mordraal

Mordraal

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 1:47 am

Fallout 4 isn't a bad game at all. I think there were a few things that they missed the mark on, but overall it's a fun game. Though I have to say, the lack of originality in faction quests was a bit disappointing. That and (as dark as it is) the lack of slavery and slavers in the Commonwealth is a bit odd in my opinion. Raiders and generic douches of the Wasteland are still around so how is it that this issue wasn't addressed? I'm not saying I endorse it or want it, I'm just saying that it's odd that there wasn't any inclusion whatsoever. I mean, it is a staple of Fallout's wasteland after all...
Back to top Go down
HeathenYeti

HeathenYeti

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 7:40 am

I'll air an opinion that is a bit more on the subjective side and that I haven't seen brought up yet.

Art Style
I really think with the loss of Adam Adamowicz, the artistic lead behind fallout 3, that Bethesda lost some creative inspiration. I loved the concept art for fallout 3, its grungy, dystopian, David Lynch film aesthetic.(If you feel inclined google the art it's really wonderful) . So many of the weapons feel out of place, such as the upgraded sniper rifle with a Recoil Compensated stock. The recoil compensating stocks all look ridiculously out of place as well. I find the institutes aesthetic off putting as well.

Humor
Fallout 4 has very little humor. I can't remember a decently funny quest or random encounter besides Hancock's actions. I can easily bring up a great example of humor in Fallout:NV. Wand Dang Atomic Wrangler, I'm 90% certain anyone who completed the quest can remember it. You find prostitutes for the Atomic Wrangler, like Beatrix a BDSM loving cowboy ghoul, and Fisto, a sec robot. After you get Fisto you get the option to test his functions, and if you have Wild Wild Wasteland, you get attacked by a gang of old women after you leave the building you found him in. Once you turn the quest in to Garret you get a terrific bit of dialogue where he tries to hide his excitement about finding a pre-war sex robot. That's just one small quest. I would mention OWB but it would hardly be far since Fallout 4 has no dlc yet, and comedy was a large theme in that dlc. There are no quests as funny or as memorable as the ones in NV.

Feel free to argue with me about the aesthetic changes and or humor of the game, these are just my opinions after all.
Back to top Go down
deathcast

deathcast

Character sheet
Name: deathcast
Faction: Brotherhood Of Steel , New York Chapter
Level: 78

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 11:14 am

Not worth the wait, simply

Diddles

Diddles

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 12:52 pm

If somebody were to ask me for a recommendation, i would offer them fallout 4, as i personally loved the main quest line but it just seemed to be fallout 3's plot kind of swapped over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 a Disappointment?   Fallout 4 a Disappointment? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout 4 a Disappointment?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next