Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
body wolfenstein NPCs vault Call hunk machine Ryse mandalorian marvel power money Mask riot gauss daryl Overhaul boomers boom ghoul Superpele dead khan Gear commonwealth Reforged
Latest topics
» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine - Page 2 Emptyby SunRonin Today at 9:19 pm

» Afterlife discord
Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine - Page 2 Emptyby DionysusDreams Today at 2:02 am

» How to change the UI sound fx placed by a mod?
Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine - Page 2 Emptyby immortallegion Sun May 12, 2024 6:40 pm

» big red exclamation marks
Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine - Page 2 Emptyby teslatest Sun May 12, 2024 12:02 pm

» [FNV] Menu and cursor doesnt show up
Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine - Page 2 Emptyby Anesthatic Sat May 11, 2024 4:20 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine - Page 2 Emptyby Allthis Fri May 10, 2024 2:20 pm

» The Next fallout
Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Thu May 09, 2024 11:13 pm

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Thu May 09, 2024 11:08 pm

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine - Page 2 Emptyby Luke Priefer Thu May 09, 2024 5:16 pm

» Starfield
Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Wed May 08, 2024 10:34 pm

» Not new, but been a long time
Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Fri May 03, 2024 11:31 pm

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine - Page 2 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 12:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine - Page 2 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine - Page 2 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:39 am

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine - Page 2 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:42 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Anchev

Anchev

Character sheet
Name: Anchev
Faction: Enclave
Level:

Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine   Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 01, 2015 11:06 pm

I prefer inXile to make a new Fallout.
Back to top Go down
rkelly

PostSubject: Re: Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine   Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 1:08 am

Havoc wrote:
well it would be cool if obsidian also worked  on another fallout game, cant really ever get enough of  it. If they continue with bethesda making games for the east coast and obsidian for the west coast then we would get a nice change between games.

yep. its like how call of duty is made by 2 different teams but only one team is the good one.
Back to top Go down
stfdmn

stfdmn

PostSubject: Re: Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine   Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 1:41 am

"yep. its like how call of duty is made by 2 different teams but only one team is the good one." Yes, and surprisingly it's not the parent company that does the better job, it's the hired one (Obsidian and Treyarch). I'm not even saying that Bethesda failed with FO4 but they should look back on Morrowind and start crying because they obviously lost their focus.

Also, as FoVet20 said, Creation engine is really good for modding and console commands. Hell they even have a npc editor ingame now. I'd hate to see future games on a different (more shiny) engine that doesn't allow for this amount of customisation.

Back to top Go down
Juzkin590

Juzkin590

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine   Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2015 11:58 pm

I 100% agree, they did good w/ new vegas and i would like to see the NCR/Legion/Khans/Enclave return. I prefer returning factions rather then creating new ones.

rgordonjr

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine   Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 2:58 pm

Personally I'd like to see what Obsidian can do as well.. Bethesda has really moved away from the RPG side of things and have produced a FO style shooter... (reminds me of tactics actually..). They concentrated on the consoles (and that age bracket) and really castrated the PC users who remember what a real RPG is...

FO4 is - in many ways - a blank slate. They have the base components in there for the various factions and have the mechanics down but from a story perspective its kinda lame. Its something that modders can get get in there (hopefully.. we'll see what happens when the geck arrives) and really bring life to the game in the way of quests and a general RPG overhaul.

PostSubject: Re: Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine   Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 4:08 pm

rgordonjr wrote:
Personally I'd like to see what Obsidian can do as well..  Bethesda has really moved away from the RPG side of things and have produced a FO style shooter... (reminds me of tactics actually..).  They concentrated on the consoles (and that age bracket) and really castrated the PC users who remember what a real RPG is...

There are plenty of PC gamers who enjoy the game, myself among them.  Fallout 4 has its flaws -as does any game - but to suggest that it is somehow an insult to PC gamers as a whole is absolutely absurd.

I find the 'lolFPS' criticisms especially curious since both Fallout 3 and NV were routinely bashed for having sub-par shooting mechanics.  So Bethesda made a conscious effort to give Fallout 4 genuinely good FPS gameplay, and now people are trashing it for that.  Stuff like this makes me glad I'm just a modder, not a game developer.  

And despite being a modder, it frustrates me to see people talking about how much better the game will supposedly be with mods... when there would be no mods without their games, without their engine, without their GECK... or without their courtesy, in building these games in such an incredibly flexible/mod-able manner.  It would be very, very easy for them to make a close-ended, what-you-see-is-what-you-get series of games with zero mod support (like you see on consoles).  Instead they go out of their way to make sure we can turn these games into practically anything we can imagine.  People constantly seem to forget, or underestimate, that.
Back to top Go down
rgordonjr

rgordonjr

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine   Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2015 4:55 pm

Perhaps I could have worded my previous comment a bit differently. I am not saying that I don't enjoy the game as I do (currently have a L70 character) and I am currently playing on a PC.

If you take the last few comparable games released by Bethesda (skyrim for instance) you will see that the controls - and the gameplay - have been designed with consoles in mind. It wasn't until a mod (SkyUI) was released to address the "consolification" that the UI really became usable.

In FO4 the rpg "limitations" has been exacerbated by the Mass Effect style dialog system. So far (and without seeing if anything can be done via the geck) it works for what is currently in the game however when the one doing quest mods get to that point though I can see it becoming a problem real quick. The biggest issues at that point will be voice work for the main protagonist and the limitation of four responses...

My blank slate comment stays as is. The factions in the game are as broad as an ocean but have the depth of a puddle. There's nothing really in there to endear yourself to a particular faction. There are also no real penalties to being good or evil. (heck.. Karma or reputation is not even counted anymore). You can play as a complete psychopath and there are no consequences.

All in all the game still has potential. I am hoping that Bethesda adds to the RPG aspect of the game with the DLC's but until that happens, it will fall on the modders to really bring FO4 alive...

SoujiMonaru

SoujiMonaru

PostSubject: Re: Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine   Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2015 2:20 pm

Just having another Fallout period would be awesome! The more the merrier, I say! ^_~

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine   Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 2:56 am

To be honest, I don't think it will happen.
But by the gods it would be glorious.
Back to top Go down
usiel

usiel

PostSubject: Re: Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine   Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 1:05 am

I would love for it to happen honestly. Like Bethesda makes a Fallout for the East Coast, while Obsidian makes a Fallout for the West Coast. Fallout Los Angeles maybe? Lol Anyways I like the Atmosphere of 3, but love the gameplay and RP value of New Vegas. 4 for me feels like Taken 2 for Fallout 3. I feel incredibly limited in many ways so it would be nice if brought back the faceless hero. But hey we wont find out in a couple of years, so who knows.
Back to top Go down
AussieShepherd117

AussieShepherd117

PostSubject: Re: Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine   Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 8:20 pm

more fallout would be really awesome but a New Vegas 2 wouldnt really be good i found the mojave pretty repetitive they should do one in LA or Sanfrancisco

PostSubject: Re: Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine   Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 9:24 pm

Personally, i like the idea of Obsidian focusing on the West coast while Bethesda stays on the east coast.
I'd also really like for either one of them to focus on the central and northern parts of the US, like Washington, Oregon, and parts of Canada and Alaska even.

We don't know much going on in central america (as far as i know) and Van Buren was going to at least touch on the subject
which would've been nice.
i'd really like to see Salt lake city and the rest of Utah.
After all its been confirmed that Salt lake city was destroyed by THIRTEEN nuclear warheads over the course of seven minutes.

Back to top Go down
Voivre

Voivre

PostSubject: Re: Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine   Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 10:16 pm

I'd kill to have Fallout New Vegas 2.. I want to go play in my real life location without leaving my place..lol

Mercy

Character sheet
Name: Slan
Faction: Futadroids
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine   Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 10:27 pm

It would be cool to explore the northern parts of the US, Illinois, Montana, ect, and if it were under Obsidians wing then it would be cool to see if they went back to Fallout 2 for a frame of reference in terms of Atmosphere and Dialogue. What i love about Fallout 2 was that it felt real when people actually talked to you, and its pretty sad to see how many games have digressed in this department over the years. I don't really see the appeal of revisiting New Vegas, like at all, but hey to each their own.

Back to top Go down
NotJonSena

NotJonSena

PostSubject: Re: Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine   Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 6:33 pm

I doubt very much that a petition would work, though trying is better than nothing. It shows what people really think of their game, especially their fans. But at the moment it seems Bethesda just want to sell, and in terms of marketing if the sales are better than the last games they will believe the game is heading towards a "better direction". Sad unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Anchev

Anchev

Character sheet
Name: Anchev
Faction: Enclave
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine   Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 6:36 pm

And they have that much of content for NV because of Van Buren.
Back to top Go down
Grimmex

Grimmex

PostSubject: Re: Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine   Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 1:15 pm

I think this would be a great idea, even if it was Bethesda who whipped it up in a couple years.

I would really just love to go back to Chicago and have another game based around the Midwestern Brotherhood of Steel. They have some of the more interesting ideals and equipment and not having any real major water source such as an ocean surrounding us on one side would certainly change the atmosphere. Since we really only saw them in Fallout: Tactics, it would be a refresher instead of going East Coast, West Coast, East Coast over and over.

PostSubject: Re: Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine   Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Let Obsidian make new Fallout on the current engine

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2