Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
gauss Mask dead mandalorian vault boomers NPCs Call daryl marvel commonwealth machine Overhaul money Superpele power body hunk Gear boom khan wolfenstein ghoul Ryse riot Reforged
Latest topics
» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
[SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4 Emptyby gavin gold Yesterday at 11:00 pm

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
[SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4 Emptyby Velken Mon May 06, 2024 6:54 am

» Not new, but been a long time
[SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4 Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 6:31 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
[SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 7:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
[SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
[SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
[SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
[SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
[SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
[SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4 Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
[SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
[SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:42 am

» Hello from nexus
[SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
[SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:06 pm

» The Next fallout
[SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
[SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
[SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
[SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
[SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
[SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:27 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

[SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
stfdmn

stfdmn

[SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4 Empty
PostSubject: [SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4   [SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 9:58 am

DISCLAIMER: Those of you who have not played the game and don't want to experience significant spoilers regarding a specific side quest, stop reading now. - stole this disclaimer from another post, gg me Smile

TL;DR
So, I was wondering the Commonwealth, killing raiders, doing good deeds, dieing every 5 minutes (hardcore mods are hardcore) when I stumbled upon a particular area of the map. Heard a kid's voice, calling out for help. Killed the last raiders around me and started looking for the kid that was clearly in trouble.

Found a fridge and it seemed that the voice was coming from inside it. I was just a bit surprised but remembering the Indiana Jones in the fridge easter egg from New Vegas I let it slide, in Fallout anything is possible and it's usually a funny thing to experience. I thought the kid hid in the fridge to escape from the raiders I killed a bit earlier.

So I opened the fridge door and found the kid crawling inside it and OMFG! he was a ghoul kid! At that point things turned into some cringy mindblowing experience because I found out that Billy the ghoul kid was trapped in that fridge for more than 200 years! I was literally talking out loud in my room, saying things like "Oh my god, that's messed up, that cannot be." I was listening to poor Billy and couldn't belive my eyes/ears.

After coming back to my senses a few minutes later I told the kid I would take him back to his parents, a house not far from there. Soon after some douchebag named Bullet offered to buy the kid as a slave and let me tell you, I never felt so good about killing someone in a video game. The freaking kid was locked in a fridge for 200 years and you want me to sell him to you? So I used my most powerful weapon that I had at that time, an automated shotgun, to splatter Bullet all over the road. The nerve on that guy! Ofc, Billy's parents were also ghouls, and the story had a happy ending.

But man, this sidequest hit me hard. Not because it was complex in scripting, or character design, or lenght or anything like that. It was just the thought of being trapped in a tight dark box for over TWO HUNDRED years that messed me up. Being aware and not being able to do anything. It reminded me of a short novel "I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream" by Harlan Ellison, except Billy could scream, but obviously nobody heard him all that time he was trapped there in that fridge.

So yea, this was my best experience with Fallout4 so far, it was something much different from "go there, kill that" type of quests that the game is full of.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4   [SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 4:10 pm

That's exactly how I handled it... by helping Bullet live up to his name.
Back to top Go down
Pickpox111

Pickpox111

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4   [SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 4:47 pm

I haven't experienced that one, but that's pretty cool. Not the kid being locked up like that, but that there is a happy ending. I can't believe a ghoul could last that long like that without food or water. I don't know much about the Fallout history obviously.

I love that the game has a lot of stuff that is interesting to find. I've seen other quests online that I haven't come across, but when I do come across something I've seen it's fun to see how it unfolds from my own perspective. I hope to see a lot of little quests like this as time goes on.

Havoc

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4   [SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 6:15 pm

you know if you dont shoot bullet at once he will return when you get billy home. then you have an even bigger fight on your hands

Tiberiumkyle

Tiberiumkyle

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4   [SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 6:26 pm

My concern is for the mental health of that 'kid'. Experience like that would cause all sorts of trauma, least of which would be claustrophobia.
Back to top Go down
stfdmn

stfdmn

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4   [SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 8:15 pm

@Havoc I really didnt give it much thought, I just wasted that douchebag slaver, I dont think I even finished the conversation with him, just saw he wanted to buy Billy, backed up a few steps and killed him on the spot.

@Tiberiumkyle Well, he's a ghoul after all, I don't think they are so easily affected by things in general. But yea, he's a kid, that was some serious trauma for him, ghoul or not. But he did find his parents so he should be fine.

Back to top Go down
Soju

Soju

Character sheet
Name: ----------------------
Faction: ---------------------
Level: ----------------------

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4   [SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 8:23 pm

I kinda guessed he was a ghoul when I met him and I definitely called it when I opened the fridge. I told him his parents are more than likely dead and he should join me (and despite there are some options to keep convincing him that his parents are dead, I chose the option to at least deliver him to his house, expect that he'd see the reality and join me), butttttt nope. That was definitely something I was not expecting. Especially when in front of their house was a bunch of Gunners, I had to shot my ass off to finally clear the area of Gunners and get into his house only to be greeted by 2 ghouls, untouched, safe.

>_>

I'm not sure what would have happened if he joins me though, maybe I'd get to choose where to send him to in one of my settlements. Otherwise, I can't imagine Beth let us have a ghoul kid companion closed eyes smile.

And also, would someone mind explain to me how the kid survives in the fridge for 200 years without food or water? Do ghouls even need food and water?

Tiberiumkyle

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4   [SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 8:26 pm

Iirc, ghouls basically feed on the same radiation that made them ghouls, just as radiation heals them.
Back to top Go down
Soju

Soju

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4   [SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 8:45 pm

Tiberiumkyle wrote:
Iirc, ghouls basically feed on the same radiation that made them ghouls, just as radiation heals them.

Well yeah it heals them, but it doesn't feed them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcp-Q7gbd7k&feature=youtu.be&t=1m26s

Something I've stumbled upon, skip to 1:26 .

Tiberiumkyle

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4   [SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 9:02 pm

Eh... I'd chalk it up to writers not expecting it to be taken all that seriously, like much of what went into the game. Too many holes, otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Pharah

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4   [SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 9:31 pm

I felt bad for Cait personally. She's been through a very harsh life and yet she has some guts to be smug. Being sold to slave traders by your own parents and being raped for 5 years in a row so you could only grab some money to buy your freedom, where you can finally finish off your father and mother sounds both tough and sad to me. I've decided to leave her at the settlement with a regular food and drink as she had enough problems in her life. Let's give her some rest.
Back to top Go down
Soju

Soju

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4   [SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4 EmptyFri Nov 27, 2015 11:02 pm

I think you can feel bad for just about every companions. Except for Curie I guess, and X6-88(maybe you can still feel bad for him? For being a product? I don't know closed eyes smile).

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4   [SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4 Empty

Back to top Go down

[SPOILERS] A particular side-quest in FO4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1