Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
ghoul machine vault khan Reforged wolfenstein body upgrades dead NPCs boom money commonwealth Superpele hunk Ryse space mandalorian daryl FCOM riot Gear boomers marvel Mask Call
Latest topics
» Modder looking for gun mods
Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:13 pm

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:29 am

» Late Introduction
Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:29 pm

» Greetings!
Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons? Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:52 pm

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons? Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:01 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons? Emptyby DoxxxBoxx Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:33 am

» hi i'm new person
Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons? Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons? Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons? Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons? Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:37 am

» Fallout Screenshots XIV
Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons? Emptyby Smellen D'generes Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:06 am

» New person
Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons? Emptyby W0NDER0FY0U Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:29 am

» Howdy pardners.
Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons? Emptyby DVAted Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:06 pm

» Suggestions for a Halo Themed TTW Playthrough
Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons? Emptyby apatheticman Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:44 pm

» who here is a mandalorian??
Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons? Emptyby chazmister Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:13 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons? Emptyby Ndf Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:29 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wanderer101

Wanderer101

Character sheet
Name: Wanderer
Faction: Reformer Enclave
Level: 24

Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons? Empty
PostSubject: Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons?   Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 8:25 pm

There's been this theory going around about that the Outcasts and their supporters in the Brotherhood assassinated Sarah Lyons and supporters of the Lyon's Doctrine to install Maxson as Elder and return to the traditional brotherhood values.

Does anyone else think this theory has any weight?
Back to top Go down
okinabe

okinabe

PostSubject: Re: Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons?   Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 8:30 pm

Where do you get that theory sir? It came up from the fallout 4 BOS story? Didnt follow their quest because im with institute in my first play

Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons? Giphy10
Back to top Go down
Wanderer101

Wanderer101

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons?   Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 8:35 pm

If you haven't played the Brotherhood's questline then there might be some spoilers in this thread. Just a warning.

I can't recall where I first heard this theory but I believe the Shoddycast did a video on it. It intrigued me since I wasn't a fan of the brotherhood's complete 180 in terms of how they acted in Fallout 3. Though looking back now the signs were always there.
Back to top Go down
okinabe

okinabe

PostSubject: Re: Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons?   Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 8:41 pm

Thanks for the spoiler warning sir Very Happy

Woaa the shoddycast did it, gonna check that sir, im not done the story so i cant go back to change side to the BOS, maybe ill check the video first

Interesting story to follow btw Very Happy

Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons? Giphy10
Back to top Go down
FafnirEtherion

FafnirEtherion

Character sheet
Name: Julien
Faction: New California Republic
Level: 29

PostSubject: Re: Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons?   Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 8:48 pm

For me, they did XD

There're no ways the Western Brotherhood could have made a transition this important from a selfless, all-loving boy-scoutish faction to a Totalitarian faction which hates all but itself...

I knew something was fishy with FO4's Brotherhood anyway... I pretty sure that some high rank Paladins Teamed-up with some Outcasts to kill the Lyons in order for the Western Brotherhood to be re-united again with the rest of the Outcasts and the other Brotherhood chapters all across America...

Seeing Maxson's Speech about how the synths were abominations that must be destroyed made me really sad :/

I really HATE how the Brotherhood was depicted in FO4... Hell, even in New Vegas, the Mojave chapter was willing to team up with the NCR, they literal worst ennemies !!

My mods :

Fallout New Vegas:

Skyrim:
Back to top Go down
2pacDre

2pacDre

PostSubject: Re: Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons?   Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 9:00 pm

I would agree with the theory, cause the report of Sarah Lyons death was really shady on details. It doesnt make sense though since the Lyons Pride were loyal as all hell, but it seems pretty convincing that its what happened.

I agree with FafnirEtherion that I hate what they did to the BoS in F4. I loved the Fallout 3 depiction, away from the tech hording sociopaths in Fallout 1/2. It humanised them in my eyes. Then with Fallout 4, there was a complete 180 in their position. It made no sense

But alas I do agree that the report of Lyons' death eludes to foul play
Back to top Go down
Wanderer101

Wanderer101

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons?   Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 9:11 pm

Not to mention if Sarah died then next in line will most likely be Star Paladin Cross who was a firm supporter of Lyons and his ideals, but she isn't mentioned at all. More foul play?

It wouldn't surprise me. Veronica in New Vegas mentioned that infighting like this was common and that no one really wouldn't bat an eyelash if someone met a grisly unexplained end.
Back to top Go down
TheThompsonBoss

PostSubject: Re: Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons?   Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 10:52 pm

I'd honestly...would have to say so. Even in FO3, Elder Lyons said that alot of the BoS members were not happy with how he was running things. I think even one of the Paladins say they are supposed to be gathering technology, not protecting the people of the Capital Wasteland.

It's a strong possibility that most of the members wanted to return to their more traditional roots (Putting technology first instead of protecting wastelanders) so they devised a plan with the Outcasts to kill off Elder Lyons, Sarah Lyons, and Lyons Pride all together. How they accomplished this is of course, unknown.

As for how the Brotherhood was depicted in FO4, I'm....mixed. On one hand, I agree. I hate how they have become more cold in FO4. My first exposure to them was in New Vegas. I liked how they were like a community and worked together and would listen to reason. Then I played FO3 and I really liked how they were helping people and combating against both the Enclave and the Super Mutants. However now they just want to wipe out synths without a second thought? Seems harsh.

However on the other hand, I felt FO4 is more realistic. The BoS is not like the Minutemen. They're not some group of people who teamed up to combat the dangers of the Wasteland. Their a military organization. FO3 and NV is a nice representation of them, but I wouldn't say it's too realistic. Besides they're not as bad in FO4 as everyone says. They won't go in shooting innocent people and while I don't agree with them on some things they are right. If left unchecked synths can be dangerous. Perhaps wiping them all out is a bit harsh, but letting synth run around freely is also a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
PROROOK363

PROROOK363

Character sheet
Name: Shiromara
Faction: Headhunters
Level: 7

PostSubject: Re: Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons?   Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 11:02 pm

Oh yeah, without a doubt. The logs are beyond propogandic, and Elder Maxson being so young a leader can obviously go by oblivious to the dirty deeds of his own faction. Being young, his views of the Brotherhood are extreme, but at so young an age theu are still considered ideal to the overall faction, one that integrated both the Citadel chapter and Outcasts who had been at each others throats for the longest.

LukaTheJawa

Character sheet
Name: Jawa Thief
Faction: Anti stormtrooper fedaration
Level: 15

PostSubject: Re: Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons?   Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 11:12 pm

Or the lone wanderer did in fact kill the brotherhood in fnv ..... and maybe that's the canon ?
Back to top Go down
2pacDre

2pacDre

PostSubject: Re: Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons?   Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 11:15 pm

lukaboot wrote:
Or the lone wanderer did in fact kill the brotherhood in fnv ..... and maybe that's the canon ?

Heres a question. What happens to the lone wanderer?

I mean we are told he leaves the Capital 10 years after project purity (Cannon - 2288) and Fallout 4 is in 2287, so wouldnt he have a say in what happens, since the cannon ending is that he joined the BoS in 2277. Maybe they killed him too.
Back to top Go down
PROROOK363

PROROOK363

Character sheet
Name: Shiromara
Faction: Headhunters
Level: 7

PostSubject: Re: Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons?   Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons? EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 12:31 am

@2pacDre Given the Wanderer's personal confrontation of the Enclave, I like to think that the Wanderer created a separate chapter, or ultimately left altogether. Still, age and experience takes a toll on one in the Wasteland.

Tactical308

PostSubject: Re: Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons?   Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons? EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 12:46 am

I feel like bethesda's portrayal of the brotherhood in fallout 3 gets too much crap. It's very clearly explained why they became these saintly knights and even addressed with the outcast situation, and completely reasonable, including them trekking all the way to D.C. Anyways, I totally believe that both Elder Lyons and Sarah Lyons were assassinated, which is a shame because I really liked sarah's character even though it was poorly handeled and could have had more to it.

Wanderer101

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons?   Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons? EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 10:14 pm

The FO4 Brotherhood has been described by many as a Nazi-esque organization with their goal to purge those they believe to be 'impure' (Synths, ghouls, super mutants). They remind me a lot of an organization that also had the same goals and locked horns with the Brotherhood on more than one occasion. Guess they weren't so different after all...
Back to top Go down
Tactical308

Tactical308

PostSubject: Re: Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons?   Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons? EmptyFri Jun 17, 2016 3:12 am

Wanderer101 wrote:
The FO4 Brotherhood has been described by many as a Nazi-esque organization with their goal to purge those they believe to be 'impure' (Synths, ghouls, super mutants). They remind me a lot of an organization that also had the same goals and locked horns with the Brotherhood on more than one occasion. Guess they weren't so different after all...
To be fair, they both originated from the same corrupt pre war military and have always been jerks to outsiders, excluding lyons.

PostSubject: Re: Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons?   Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons? Empty

Back to top Go down

Did the East Coast Brotherhood assassinate Lyons?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1