Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Reforged Superpele marvel machine gauss boomers commonwealth daryl mandalorian money Call body Overhaul khan dead Ryse boom vault hunk riot ghoul Mask wolfenstein NPCs power Gear
Latest topics
» Afterlife discord
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 Emptyby DionysusDreams Today at 1:34 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 Emptyby HunterWorld Today at 3:57 am

» How to change the UI sound fx placed by a mod?
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 Emptyby immortallegion Mon May 13, 2024 12:40 am

» big red exclamation marks
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 Emptyby teslatest Sun May 12, 2024 6:02 pm

» [FNV] Menu and cursor doesnt show up
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 Emptyby Anesthatic Sat May 11, 2024 10:20 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 Emptyby Allthis Fri May 10, 2024 8:20 pm

» The Next fallout
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 5:13 am

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 5:08 am

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 Emptyby Luke Priefer Thu May 09, 2024 11:16 pm

» Starfield
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 Emptyby Velken Thu May 09, 2024 4:34 am

» Not new, but been a long time
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 5:31 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 6:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 am

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

What type of overhaul would you like to see for the NCR?
Traditional, WW2 themed
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap48%[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 48% [ 163 ]
Tactical-Modern, Battlefield 3 style-themed
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap19%[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 64 ]
Apocalyptic-Modern, Special Ops: The Line style-themed
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap33%[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 112 ]
Total Votes : 339

AuthorMessage
keatit71

keatit71

Character sheet
Name: Tristan
Faction: Null
Level: Error value too high

[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:31 pm

Maybe you could have it varied between the factions

Back to top Go down
http://ansaartgb.wixsite.com/beyond-vanilla
FafnirEtherion

FafnirEtherion

Character sheet
Name: Julien
Faction: New California Republic
Level: 29

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:35 pm

@keatit71 Yeah ! I think that's the point of the project

My mods :

Fallout New Vegas:

Skyrim:
Back to top Go down
PROROOK363

PROROOK363

Character sheet
Name: Shiromara
Faction: Headhunters
Level: 7

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:37 pm

@"keatit71" I think I'm just a sucker for the NCR insignia

FafnirEtherion

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:56 pm

EDIT ! I intended to post my message on a completely different topic ! XD
Sorry guys X)

My mods :

Fallout New Vegas:

Skyrim:
Back to top Go down
Lucianhector

Lucianhector

Character sheet
Name: Lucian
Faction: Outer Heaven
Level:

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 6:53 pm

@FafnirEtherion I'm not saying everything has to be apocalyptic. I'm saying it would go well with other faction overhauls that use apocalyptic style armors (Drag mentioned his interest in overhauling a minor faction with survarium models in a previous post)

Back to top Go down
FafnirEtherion

FafnirEtherion

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 7:08 pm

@Lucianhector Alright, mate ! I understand your point of view, even though I disagree with you, I can understand why you would prefer the 3rd option ^^

We should be all glad that Drag is gonna make both options anyway, nah ? That's cool, for me ^^

My mods :

Fallout New Vegas:

Skyrim:
Back to top Go down
Tactical308

Tactical308

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 7:11 pm

I think the tradition ww2 is the most fallouty of them all. The 3rd is pretty cool though

thegreataimbottio

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 9:05 pm

I'm going to argue in favor for the WW2 overhaul right now, hope to convince some of y'all

The first reason is that the NCR is a recreation of the pre-war American government and as such it's military should reflect that system. As the game's universe takes place in an alternate future where the United States never got over the 1950's, that aesthetic fits the NCR the best, as in the 1950's, our military was still issuing equipment from the 1950's if you look at examples such as the Korean war. Having what is essentially modern, tactical equipment that just happens to be torn up doesn't fit into the universe the best.

Second, at it's core, Fallout (Especially New Vegas) has never really been a post-apocalyptic game. It's always been more of a "post-post Apocalyptic game" or as Fallout 1 called it "Post-Nuclear. The exception to this is Fallout 3 where the game made it seem like the bombs dropped 30 years ago. There is no more nuclear fire, the world has been stabilized except for the radiation. The NCR is in fact, a prospering country. Much like many kingdoms rose after the Roman empire fell, the NCR and other city-states took the place of the USA. As a prospering country created in the image of the pre-war world, they clearly have the industrial capability to outfit their own soldiers. They have their own currency and they make their own weapons so there is clearly an industrial presence in the NCR so having them all look ragged and battle-torn, doesn't make sense. However, when you talk to certain people in NV they say that the NCR is at it's limits in the Mojave and logistically cannot support all troops stationed in the Mojave and the proof is in talking to the NCR veteran arms dealer at the 188 Trading post as well as the entirety of Camp Forlorn Hope. So that rugged aesthetic in Option 3 could make sense in some cases but not in troops stationed at Camp McCarran and Camp Golf.

tl;dr, the WW2 aesthetic fits the Fallout aesthetic the best and makes the most sense within the confines of the lore, though the rugged option also works in some places.
Back to top Go down
FafnirEtherion

FafnirEtherion

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 9:11 pm

@thegreataimbottio You have said it all, friend ^^

This is EXACTLY what I think, and why I voted for the WW2 option !

My mods :

Fallout New Vegas:

Skyrim:
Back to top Go down
SandViper1217

SandViper1217

Character sheet
Name: Project: Alvarus
Faction: SCP Foundation MTF Epsilon - 11
Level: O5

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 7:04 am

Maybe it fits SOTL theme, since SOTL has desert setting, and the Mojave is almost just the same...
Back to top Go down
Doko7

Doko7

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 12:30 pm

From my point of view 3th is the best one (not too old and not too modern) May be you can use uniform of WW2 and gear from 3th type for more lore-friendly look . But whatever wat you gonna do it will be awesome and high quality. BigGrin
Sorry for language.
Back to top Go down
TheHermit

TheHermit

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level: 33

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 1:23 pm

Great idea to get the community involved, mate.
I've cast my vote and it was for the WW2 themed one as I feel this closely matches the vanilla aesthetic. The other two seem out of place in my opinion and don't really have the traditional Fallout character. WW2 themed one reminds me a lot of the one you made some years back for the Nexus as well.

MY MODS & MODS I'VE CONTRIBUTED TO:

Back to top Go down
https://thehermit.bio.link/
gloomor

gloomor

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 12:00 pm

Well my vote is for the ww2 themed as i think it fits better with the aesthetic of the game.

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 12:20 pm

Personally I'd go with all three but have the standard grunts have a combined Vietnam war and WW2 sort of aesthetic, the rangers with a combined spec ops: the line and battlefield 3 aesthetic and the ranger vets should just keep their western aesthetic.
Back to top Go down
Moonlightbae

Moonlightbae

Character sheet
Name: Litney Houston
Faction: Heartbreak Kids
Level: BadKenzClub aka FRESHER THAN YOU

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 6:11 pm

Well, it looks like the community has chosen. Personally I'm not a fan of the choices everyone else voted for considering I don't really care for the vintage, lore-friendly old time look or the beat-up SOTL look but I respect all of y'all's decisions. Like, drag knows me and he knows my style of super-tactical modern military armors. Even though I voted for option two's tactical look and I know it's last I hope there's a consolation prize.
Honestly I don't really see how the WW2 look fits in for the NCR, at least the modern look fits in better. That's just my two cents but I'd rather see a modern-day looking NCR. [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 1f609

https://www.taylorswift.com/
Abazor

Abazor

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 6:30 pm

THE SOTL armor fits the best IMO, wouldn't make much sense to have armor that would look too modern or too dated.
Back to top Go down
2pacDre

2pacDre

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 6:41 pm

I voted for the post-apocalyptic spec ops one cause it kinda feels like its been built from scraps found in the wastes, yet still has a sort of refinement, since the NCR is over 100 years old, they wouldnt exactly be fighting in slacks. The think is the SOTL armor is the most universal of the three, since it remains the closest to the vanilla combat armor (pre-war) so they it can be thought that they developed their uniforms along those lines.

Anyway thanks dragbody. Looks like really great and I hope to see this develop. Keep it up dude Thumbs Up

dragbody

dragbody

Character sheet
Name: Riddick
Faction: I bow to no man.
Level: Animal

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 6:04 am

Hey everyone, I've been posting in-game shots in the screenshots section but I want to post this here to show progress all in one place:

Spoiler:

The SOTL-themed NCR won the poll and I will make another overhaul after this WW2-ish theme. After all, new themes can make for interesting plays.

Anyway, I am working on new races for most of the main NCR characters and quest givers and will have several unique armors for important NPCs. Also expanded leveled lists and area-specific armors.
Back to top Go down
IIHawkerII

IIHawkerII

Character sheet
Name: Conroy El Cadera
Faction: Independant
Level: 49

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 6:06 am

Good lord, Drag!
You've outdone yourself yet again! =D

And I find, on my way to death and happiness,
that my heroes, my heroes dress in black.
Back to top Go down
michefio9

michefio9

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 6:29 am

AnsaarTGB wrote:
This is a hard choice to make because I like 1 & 3 Thinking

i feel the same but ended up picking 1

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next