Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
commonwealth body hunk money machine Overhaul khan marvel Mask Gear mandalorian power Reforged boomers daryl Call Superpele ghoul vault gauss NPCs dead wolfenstein Ryse riot boom
Latest topics
» Afterlife discord
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 Emptyby DionysusDreams Today at 1:34 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 Emptyby HunterWorld Today at 3:57 am

» How to change the UI sound fx placed by a mod?
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 Emptyby immortallegion Mon May 13, 2024 12:40 am

» big red exclamation marks
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 Emptyby teslatest Sun May 12, 2024 6:02 pm

» [FNV] Menu and cursor doesnt show up
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 Emptyby Anesthatic Sat May 11, 2024 10:20 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 Emptyby Allthis Fri May 10, 2024 8:20 pm

» The Next fallout
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 5:13 am

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 5:08 am

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 Emptyby Luke Priefer Thu May 09, 2024 11:16 pm

» Starfield
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Thu May 09, 2024 4:34 am

» Not new, but been a long time
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 5:31 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 6:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 am

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

What type of overhaul would you like to see for the NCR?
Traditional, WW2 themed
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap48%[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 48% [ 163 ]
Tactical-Modern, Battlefield 3 style-themed
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap19%[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 64 ]
Apocalyptic-Modern, Special Ops: The Line style-themed
[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap33%[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 112 ]
Total Votes : 339

AuthorMessage
Neo-Rex

Neo-Rex

[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 10:59 pm

Definitely #3 it looks pretty lore-friendly with the "improvised, apocalyptic style" but still has some hint's of it being modern and makes the NCR look stronger.

rojok2

rojok2

Character sheet
Name: Johan
Faction: New California Republic
Level: 25

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 11:52 pm

I like the world war 2 style but option 3 works better with the ncr style. It might work if ww2 for grunts and option 3 for rangers, either way it looks great.
Back to top Go down
GenericRifleman

GenericRifleman

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 1:24 am

Drag, what camo pattern were you going to give the NCR in the Modern / SOTL type? I've got alot of ones I've done custom if you want to take a look at them. All real world based, so Kryptek, Multicam, Multicam Arid, etc.

Saves time and provides uniqueness, IMO, then the standard MARPAT / AOR1.
Back to top Go down
Limitlessness

Limitlessness

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 1:37 am

I'm definitely leaning towards option three. I think it blends in with the post apocalyptic feeling of the Mojave looks like it fits into the game nicely. My next choice would be the WWII era uniform since it also parallels into narrative that the NCR follows. Hell, I think that both options would be a fantastic fit (aesthetically) for Camp Forlorn Hope's quest line.

FieldPyro

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 2:17 am

My choice would be 3, but I like the design of number 2 as well.

IIHawkerII

Character sheet
Name: Conroy El Cadera
Faction: Independant
Level: 49

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 4:52 am

Option one definitely.
I much prefer standard bucket helmets and padded cloth armor over Backwards hats, Headsets and Kevlar.

And I find, on my way to death and happiness,
that my heroes, my heroes dress in black.
Back to top Go down
BITBUT

BITBUT

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 5:06 am

Option 3 is the best one for me, its because it looks badass and fits nicely into the world of Fallout not too modern,not too old(ww2 style. I didn't pick the modern era cause we already have a NCR modern overhaul so no point in making another one.
Back to top Go down
keatit71

keatit71

Character sheet
Name: Tristan
Faction: Null
Level: Error value too high

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 11:26 am

yeah option 3 would be the best choice as it would be more realistic to me

Back to top Go down
http://ansaartgb.wixsite.com/beyond-vanilla
broccolimonster

broccolimonster

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 11:36 am

I'm conflicted between option 1 & 3 but I'm leaning a bit more towards option 1 because it blends more to the over-all aesthetic of the game. Aesthetic is important Okay

SixShooter

SixShooter

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 11:50 am

I voted for the WW2 version, but i'd be almost as happy with option 3 instead. Either way, as long as it fits lore wise. I do agree that there isn't as many accurate style NCR overhauls as there is modern ones, but whichever you feel like doing should turn out great.

FafnirEtherion

Character sheet
Name: Julien
Level: 29

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 12:36 pm

Damn ! Back to an equality between the 1st and the 3rd option Surprised !

Uncle Sam has a message for you :
XD

My mods :

Fallout New Vegas:

Skyrim:
Back to top Go down
dragbody

dragbody

Character sheet
Name: Riddick
Faction: I bow to no man.
Level: Animal

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 3:25 pm

I'll keep the poll open, but I believe the community has spoken. There is only one thing to do...

I will finish the work I am doing for the WW2 style overhaul, and then do the #3 option separately. This can even allow for different themes playthroughs Smile

I will probably do some minor factions work between these though (boomers, khans, etc)
Back to top Go down
FafnirEtherion

FafnirEtherion

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 3:43 pm

Superb Very Happy !

I'm soooo happy right now ^^ Both options are cool, yeah, but ( as you may have guessed ) It was the WW2 Overhaul I wanted to play with Smile

I will also keep an eye out for the Minor Factions overhauls too ( Even If I highly doubt that it will be a public release but... Who knows ?! Maybe I shall be a colonial by now Wink ) ! As I said on my " Best(s) Faction Overhaul(s) " topic, I've grown tired of the vanilla faction's appeal... Your NCR trooper Overhaul and ( especially ) your Caesar's New Regime mods helped me overgrow my tiredness of the Vanilla's game outfits, but... I you manage to overhaul every minor faction of the game, well, you will prove once more that you can really do anything, mister @dragbody !

My mods :

Fallout New Vegas:

Skyrim:
Back to top Go down
loki090

loki090

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 7:13 am

It'd be nice to have the 3rd option as a separate overhaul. Allows people to choose between the two for varied playthroughs and for immersion purposes. Very Happy Option 3 has that rugged, post-apocalyptic look to it without being too modern looking.

aarius

Character sheet
Name: -
Faction: -
Level: -

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 7:22 am

@dragbody If you use ww2 one you should use some of the guns from call of duty 2 to really give it that ww2 feel and If you get your hands on the models and textures I can help you put them in game I would really like to help with this Smile
Back to top Go down
FafnirEtherion

FafnirEtherion

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 12:21 pm

@AnsaarTGB Yeah ! Defenetly want to see the NCR using some Thompsons, 1911 and M1 Garand !

I know these weapons are in the vanilla ( or in the DLCs ) game, so it would be easy to add them to the leveled list... However, finding for some M1 Carabine, Webley Mk VI or my personnal favorite : the M1897 Trench Gun will more difficult to find...

Or, Drag can leave the weapon list alone and just overhaul the outfits... That'd be great too Very Happy !

My mods :

Fallout New Vegas:

Skyrim:
Back to top Go down
Lucianhector

Lucianhector

Character sheet
Name: Lucian
Faction: Outer Heaven
Level:

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:07 pm

@dragbody BOOM

Plus if your overhauling smaller factions such as khans and boomers, presumably your going to use apocalyptic attire (suvarium etc), option 3 armors would match the other factions in terms of style

Back to top Go down
PROROOK363

PROROOK363

Character sheet
Name: Shiromara
Faction: Headhunters
Level: 7

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:26 pm

Man I voted for the apocalyptic look, but after looking at the modern tactical I'm itching to change it...

keatit71

Character sheet
Name: Tristan
Faction: Null
Level: Error value too high

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:28 pm

@PROROOK363 yeah i actually agree with you now the modern one definitely sounds nicer although the other one would still be pretty good

Back to top Go down
http://ansaartgb.wixsite.com/beyond-vanilla
FafnirEtherion

FafnirEtherion

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:30 pm

@Lucianhector
Why everything has to apocalyptic ? The Boomers for example had access to vault's 34 armory so, there're a decent amount of military gear they could have kept ( Some boomers even wear combat armors in the game )... And, if everyone dress with apocalyptic clothing, every faction would be too similar to each other

The Khan could make more sense if they had a more post-apocalyptic armor, yeah... But they would be too similar to the Tox or the regular raiders !

Speaking of which : ( I know you probably don't take requests Drag, but here is the factions that bugs me and why ) :

Boomers : Not unique enough and definitely not military/ aviator enough !

Followers of the Apocalypse : They only have one outfit !! More diversity would be welcomed

Tops Chairmen, Omertas, White Glove Society and the Gamblers : Same here... A little more diversity on their suits/dress would be great ! Like, more mafia-like for the Omertas, with trench-coats, fedoras and Prohibition-era suits while the Tops' Chairmen would adopt a more casual style... The White glove society would wear more kind of dresses and tuxedos... ( The Masks are Ok, but I personally replaced them with a Guy fawkes mask Wink )

Gun Runners : Even though they are not a lot of members, a basic shirt with their logo on it would be enough ^^

Fiends : Not very original as a faction... They are just wearing raiders armors ! And they chiefs definitely need a makeover... I mean, Cook-cook looks nothing like a crazy rapist/cook... Motor Runner is not looking like a chief ( His helmet is supposed to be unique too during the quest where you have to bring it back to Hsu ) etc, etc...

Jackals, Vipers, Scorpions : These 3 are exactly the same ! What would be great would be that they wear their logo on the back of their outfits... A bit like a post-apocalyptic version of biker gangs Very Happy !

Kings : They only have like, 3 outfits top ! What would be great would be giving them more famous Elvis outfits...

Powder Gangers : The worst of the bunch, I think -_- ! Their outfits are just plain ugly... They don't really look like escaped convicts too !

Anyway... That was a looooong ( and probably useless ) message ! Have fun doing your overhaul, and thanks for reading and possibly considering my request... See ya' !

My mods :

Fallout New Vegas:

Skyrim:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?   [POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

[POLL] NCR Overhaul - What do you want to see?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next