Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Call Mask wolfenstein commonwealth Gear mandalorian boomers marvel machine power gauss money boom dead Ryse riot vault Reforged body daryl NPCs hunk Overhaul ghoul Superpele khan
Latest topics
» Afterlife discord
GECK after 2nd DLC? Emptyby fil0000 Today at 11:57 am

» The Next fallout
GECK after 2nd DLC? Emptyby Velken Today at 5:13 am

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
GECK after 2nd DLC? Emptyby Velken Today at 5:08 am

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
GECK after 2nd DLC? Emptyby Luke Priefer Yesterday at 11:16 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
GECK after 2nd DLC? Emptyby Luke Priefer Yesterday at 8:43 pm

» Starfield
GECK after 2nd DLC? Emptyby Velken Yesterday at 4:34 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
GECK after 2nd DLC? Emptyby scrab20 Wed May 08, 2024 4:18 pm

» Not new, but been a long time
GECK after 2nd DLC? Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 5:31 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
GECK after 2nd DLC? Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 6:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
GECK after 2nd DLC? Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
GECK after 2nd DLC? Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
GECK after 2nd DLC? Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
GECK after 2nd DLC? Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
GECK after 2nd DLC? Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
GECK after 2nd DLC? Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
GECK after 2nd DLC? Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
GECK after 2nd DLC? Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 am

» Hello from nexus
GECK after 2nd DLC? Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
GECK after 2nd DLC? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:06 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
GECK after 2nd DLC? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:55 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

GECK after 2nd DLC?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
HaxorusShiny

HaxorusShiny

GECK after 2nd DLC? Empty
PostSubject: GECK after 2nd DLC?   GECK after 2nd DLC? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 2:59 pm

https://twitter.com/DorianPillari/status/717508553481850881

Check that out. Kinda worrying.

Archangel470

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: GECK after 2nd DLC?   GECK after 2nd DLC? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 4:35 pm

Honestly, if they released it before the second DLC, nobody would've bought the DLC in the first place.

geminispark262

PostSubject: Re: GECK after 2nd DLC?   GECK after 2nd DLC? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 5:37 pm

Archangel470 wrote:
Honestly, if they released it before the second DLC, nobody would've bought the DLC in the first place.

And if you took a look at the Wasteland Workshop, they use some already existed mods and put into their so called "DLC" (Labeling container, plant placer, fusion core generator, fuse box generator, etc)
Back to top Go down
Lucianhector

Lucianhector

Character sheet
Name: Lucian
Faction: Outer Heaven
Level:

PostSubject: Re: GECK after 2nd DLC?   GECK after 2nd DLC? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 6:01 pm

I'm missing something here, why would releasing the Kit before/after the second DLC be a good/bad thing?

Back to top Go down
Havoc

Havoc

PostSubject: Re: GECK after 2nd DLC?   GECK after 2nd DLC? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 7:03 pm

You guys are aware that there are certain people on xbox one and PS4 that play this game? Right?

They dont have all the mods we do and the wasteland workshop would be a nice addition to their game. So please dont say that no one would buy anything just because of the GECK, its a tool that makes modding easier yes, not a magic wand that conjures everything you want Smile

brandonpotter0

brandonpotter0

Character sheet
Name: Brandon
Faction: Commonwealth Spartans
Level: 56

PostSubject: Re: GECK after 2nd DLC?   GECK after 2nd DLC? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 7:35 pm

The GECK for FO4 is currently in Beta, from what I have seen.

Ive seen a leaked image on Facebook, from the Bethesda site that shows that the GECK will be out soon, as well as it being in BETA.

Fidller

Fidller

Character sheet
Name: Edd
Faction: NCR
Level: -12

PostSubject: Re: GECK after 2nd DLC?   GECK after 2nd DLC? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 7:39 pm

@Havoc

If the GECK comes out people can start making mods for the consoles....this might take a while but im sure the few 'simple' things will roll out in a week or 2 for consoles.

I actually don't mind that we got to wait for the GECK. We've been fine without it since the release. Its not like we need it right away

geminispark262

PostSubject: Re: GECK after 2nd DLC?   GECK after 2nd DLC? EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 7:44 pm

Lucianhector wrote:
I'm missing something here, why would releasing the Kit before/after the second DLC be a good/bad thing?

If they released the GECK before the second DLC, then the sale would go down for sure since most are done by mods already, at least for PC in my opinion.

@Havoc True that GECK is not a miracle maker, but if what Bethesda promised is true, the mods will eventually come out on consoles which that is why they have to make the Wasteland Workshop roll out first. One phrase can conclude: Marketing done right.
Back to top Go down
BallistaEd87

BallistaEd87

PostSubject: Re: GECK after 2nd DLC?   GECK after 2nd DLC? EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 5:52 am

It is possible that Bethesda might release GECK the same time or on the day the second dlc comes out or maybe a week after. Never the less they did say this month. As far as the dlc goes, I find it to be disappointing. This dlc feels more like it should have been an update and not only that, but there are mods out here and seen some at the nexus about taxidermy and labeling stuff.

Pretty much everything this so called dlc has, the people already made mods for even before they announced the upcoming dlc. I understand that consoles cant have the good stuff pc players have (I know this because I play on console) but really feel like we are getting screwed regardless. That's why I feel like Bethesda could have come up with something better rather than this and count it as part of the season pass.
Back to top Go down
dazzerfong

dazzerfong

PostSubject: Re: GECK after 2nd DLC?   GECK after 2nd DLC? EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 6:07 am

@BallistaEd87: if the mod was only labels and taxidermy, you'd have a point. That's not the case at all.

Season pass includes everything, so unless you want me to pay on top of the season pass, I'd prefer this implementation.

BallistaEd87

PostSubject: Re: GECK after 2nd DLC?   GECK after 2nd DLC? EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 6:41 am

@"dazzerfong" I understand what you are saying but what I said was based on my thoughts and opinion. This dlc like I said, doesn't feel like it should not be a dlc rather feels more like it should have been an update and not just part of a season pass dlc. There are mods out there that are similar to this if not better. If you are playing on console like I am and do not have access to mods (yet), then yes I would prefer this implementation as well. Maybe I am speaking too soon about this dlc and may not be as bad as I thought but only time will tell.
Back to top Go down
dazzerfong

dazzerfong

PostSubject: Re: GECK after 2nd DLC?   GECK after 2nd DLC? EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 9:24 am

@BallistaEd87: People said the same thing about Automatron, about how the robot modding mod was exactly the same thing. Those same people became silent after Automatron was actually released.

What people might not realise is that while modders do a good job given what they have, they're severely restricted and will more often than not do a much inferior rendition than Bethesda. If not, well, why would people pay for DLC's?

Thus why I'm extremely skeptical of people who say 'modders did it so why bother'.

IIHawkerII

Character sheet
Name: Conroy El Cadera
Faction: Independant
Level: 49

PostSubject: Re: GECK after 2nd DLC?   GECK after 2nd DLC? EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 9:57 am

Well... That is very troubling indeed.
I'm not really all too worried about 'DLC sales dropping because of the the Creation Kit's release'.
And if I were, It'd be Bethesda's fault. 
It was their decision to opt into this new sort of DLC with the Wasteland workshop.
Usually Bethesda DLC is Story-driven. With new locations and content added along that story-driven path. If they choose to do a 'Filler DLC' such as wasteland workshop, they shouldn't be surprised if it sells less. It doesn't measure up to their previous standards at all. (Well, unless you count that god-awful Horse Armor pack waaaay back in Oblivion. )
A modder can add Taxidermy Creatures, Cages, things of that nature, they can't add to the Fallout Cannon, but Official DLC can, that should be their driving point for sales. Not 'Ooooh, Now you can Taxidermy things'.

And I find, on my way to death and happiness,
that my heroes, my heroes dress in black.
Back to top Go down
ElderFreak

ElderFreak

PostSubject: Re: GECK after 2nd DLC?   GECK after 2nd DLC? EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 3:33 pm

I'm pretty sure they said it was coming out in June or May because console mods are coming around the same time. They said they are coming for Xbox One in may and PS4 in June.

beardofsocrates

beardofsocrates

PostSubject: Re: GECK after 2nd DLC?   GECK after 2nd DLC? EmptySun Apr 10, 2016 8:29 pm

Lets not rush things. If they need more time, they need more time. Compared to the Geck for FNV and F3, I would hope it has an easier interface, more reliable, and stop crashing over random events.

Though I wish Pete Hines would have outright admitted this, instead of trying argue that they never gave a release estimate. -_-
Back to top Go down
Grimmex

Grimmex

PostSubject: Re: GECK after 2nd DLC?   GECK after 2nd DLC? EmptyWed Apr 13, 2016 9:13 pm

I still think it is going to come out before Far Harbor. It should come out before then anyways, it'll be ridiculous if they don't. It's a really important tool to have for the entire community. I can see why they would have waited until after wasteland workshop, but everyone will be purchasing Far Harbor, so they shouldn't have to worry about sales.

as a side note: i have never liked Pete Hines, he always seems a little bit aggressive towards anyone who asks him anything. He just doesn't seem like a very nice person, but at the same time i can understand that he probably gets bombarded with questions on a daily basis and can only take so much before he gets annoyed. But he should have just admitted that there were delays with the geck. Everyone knows what was said about the release so hiding it or denying it is pointless.

dazzerfong

PostSubject: Re: GECK after 2nd DLC?   GECK after 2nd DLC? EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 3:16 am

You guys know it's in beta right now, right? We know it exists right now: that's enough to give me some rest of peace.

thegreataimbottio

PostSubject: Re: GECK after 2nd DLC?   GECK after 2nd DLC? EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 3:18 am

Bethesda strikes again!

Back to top Go down
geminispark262

geminispark262

PostSubject: Re: GECK after 2nd DLC?   GECK after 2nd DLC? EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 3:28 am

thegreataimbottio wrote:
Bethesda strikes again!

LMAO, CAN'T-STOP-WATCHING
Back to top Go down
BITBUT

BITBUT

PostSubject: Re: GECK after 2nd DLC?   GECK after 2nd DLC? EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 6:15 am

thegreataimbottio wrote:
Bethesda strikes again!

Spot on, TODD BABY WHY DID YOU LIE TO ME??

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GECK after 2nd DLC?   GECK after 2nd DLC? Empty

Back to top Go down

GECK after 2nd DLC?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next