Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
gauss power money Reforged daryl ghoul Mask mandalorian body Overhaul Gear boom dead hunk wolfenstein Superpele vault NPCs khan marvel commonwealth boomers machine Ryse riot Call
Latest topics
» big red exclamation marks
Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 Emptyby teslatest Today at 7:02 pm

» [FNV] Menu and cursor doesnt show up
Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 Emptyby Anesthatic Yesterday at 11:20 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 Emptyby Allthis Fri May 10, 2024 9:20 pm

» Afterlife discord
Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 Emptyby fil0000 Fri May 10, 2024 12:57 pm

» The Next fallout
Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 6:13 am

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 6:08 am

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 Emptyby Luke Priefer Fri May 10, 2024 12:16 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 Emptyby Luke Priefer Thu May 09, 2024 9:43 pm

» Starfield
Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Thu May 09, 2024 5:34 am

» Not new, but been a long time
Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 6:31 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 7:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:54 am

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Gunners vs Talon Company

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Evmeister

Evmeister

Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gunners vs Talon Company    Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 4:06 am

KageGrimm wrote:
Keep in mind Talon only accepted top best soldiers to join, much like Marines or Special Forces in real life. Where as Gunners accept anyone willing to pull trigger, they might have more numbers but Talon as tougher, and highly more trained soldiers in the end.

Which is kind of comical seeing how the Gunners like to play Army with all their ranks. I love killing Gunners as much I loved killing the Talons.

SadisticWizard

SadisticWizard

PostSubject: Re: Gunners vs Talon Company    Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 5:12 am

Talons, just liked the feature of being hunted down, although to be fair im a bit dissapointed with both factions
Back to top Go down
fancydoctor

fancydoctor

PostSubject: Re: Gunners vs Talon Company    Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 5:25 am

The gunners seem more organized than Talon Company, while from what I have heard from 3, Talon company is more brutal than the Gunners. They are both different and pretty neat in their own ways. Although, with Gunners, they don't track you down, you just cross paths with them. But with Talon company, you actually get their attention and they go after you. Talon company seems slightly better, but that's just me.

LightTofu

Character sheet
Name: Haruka
Faction: Raider
Level: 56

PostSubject: Re: Gunners vs Talon Company    Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 5:34 am

They both seem the same to me. The same agendas, with different attires.
I literally thought the Gunners was a military faction in the Commonwealth, but I was mistaken. They were just lame mercs in green.
I'm biased towards both of them, they're not that interesting to get to know or fight.

But If I will pick between the two, I will probably choose Talon Company. Because I think they're more organized and "shadowy" than the Gunners.
Back to top Go down
Lil'T

PostSubject: Re: Gunners vs Talon Company    Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 1:08 pm

The gunners for sure because they are more aggressive than the Talon Company and there are probably more numerous. Rambo Shooting

Peace.
Back to top Go down
geminispark262

geminispark262

PostSubject: Re: Gunners vs Talon Company    Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 6:15 am

Its hard to debate though. Gunners were more like a military while Talon company remains third-party mercenary. They both got high technology weapons (not considering Bethesda decide adding assultron to Fallout 4) and security robots. Yes, high rank gunner also has power armor but that is because back in Fallout 3, Bethesda decided power armors are exclusive for BoS and Enclave (except Arthur).
Back to top Go down
SgtSpectre

SgtSpectre

PostSubject: Re: Gunners vs Talon Company    Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 7:54 am

I would have to say the Gunners are better. Talon Company pursue you for good karma, in vague attempts at ambushing me and hounding me based off rumor.. but it always ends the same with me killing them all atleast inflicting 80% casualties on them before they even know what to do or where to fire.

Gunners would split up and change position depending on their weapons, more often firing from cover. More often than not, the Talon would just mindlessly run at me with weapons like missile launchers...instead of really trying to provide fire support... the Talons also killed a lot of their own with grenades trying to get me as their melee try to close and their buddies throw grenades. While Gunners stop tossing grenades when their friends are moving to melee.

Now I know what people are saying, that the engine is more advanced and what not.. but im taking the approach that not that the engine is more advanced, that just the Gunners and the Talons tactics are different. The gunners use cover, the Talon do not. The Gunners higher themselves out as body guards, they train, equip, and even set up medical to identify treatment and blood types. Meaning their ability to survive engagements and earn veterancy is a lot higher. It also means that they can exercise self control and restraint.. alittle.. as a mercenary.

The Talon seem more like a group of psycho killers who organized. Psycho's are dangerous as singles, especially when able to blend into society and engage in their less savory activities and get away with it by putting on a face. Now Groups of Psycho killers don't often work well together, so I am more inclined to think the Gunners would be more tactically and technically proficient. The Talon would be more brutal to prisoners with more violent interrogation/ entertainment. The Gunners don't care about your alignment, it is literally business for them.. the Talon.. are on a hunt for people who help other people...very cookie cutter bad guy.

Using small arms against both enemies (rifles, SMGs and pistols) with them all using the same against me, the Gunners are more effective than Talon. The Talon adopted a zerg rush tactic, while even the Enclave flanked me...

So I would say Hands down Gunners over Talon Company.
Back to top Go down
darkjak94

darkjak94

PostSubject: Re: Gunners vs Talon Company    Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 3:47 pm

I think SgtSpectre said everything, the gunner seems better trained not only in combat but in support like medical treatment of their troops, as seen in the game (spoiler for fallout 4)
But the talon just seems like a group of better equipped raiders, their behaviour is "kill on sight and kill friendlies if needed".

MickyJim

MickyJim

PostSubject: Re: Gunners vs Talon Company    Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 6:41 pm

Plus, the Gunners have vertibirds. That's like 90% of a battle won right there (air support and mobility).

Back to top Go down
Distortion

Distortion

Character sheet
Name: Distortion
Faction: of none of your damn business
Level: two fitty

PostSubject: Re: Gunners vs Talon Company    Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2016 4:25 am

Gunners seemed to have a lot more firepower in the commonwealth and a stronger presents than what the talon company had in the capital wastes. Even the numbers seem to favor gunners, could be because when you kill a gunner camp they respawn after like a few hours. The gunners seemed more of a threat to the lands then the talon company was.
Back to top Go down
romanfall47

romanfall47

PostSubject: Re: Gunners vs Talon Company    Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 12:34 pm

yup ill go with the Gunners the Talon Mercenaries like a kids near them

Tr3ach3ry

PostSubject: Re: Gunners vs Talon Company    Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2016 5:40 pm

I dunno ,both of them are a local mercenary group .Talons are more zealous and will bash you in the head till it looks like a rotten tomato .Gunners look like a your typical mercs with some high tech equipment .Also Boston is not so devastated as DC but it has some nasty surpises .
Perahps we will know in the future if bethesda puts some of them in FO4 .Also it feels like the Talons are hiding something ,idunno just its that feeling .Anyway for now its a stalemate.
Nobody wins ,everyone looses .
Back to top Go down
The killer_rifle18

The killer_rifle18

PostSubject: Re: Gunners vs Talon Company    Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 12:18 am

If I had to hire one over the other I'd probably go with the Gunners because they're more organized based off what we've seen and I'd take a slightly above average paramilitary group over a three man team of psycho killers any day. I just get the feeling Talon Company would do my job, then kill me for even more caps while the Gunners probably wouldn't backstab me like that.
Back to top Go down
SpartaRanger

SpartaRanger

PostSubject: Re: Gunners vs Talon Company    Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 12:24 am

the gunners seem to be abit more well equipped when it comes to weapons and also they utilise assultrons so id have to go with the gunners on this one

imaybewin

PostSubject: Re: Gunners vs Talon Company    Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2016 7:59 am

I would definitely say Gunners, while they don't have standard issue combat armor for all of their soldiers, they do have access to vertibirds and tanks.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/0boHJQUz2xs/maxresdefault.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/zNTy6Ly9e2A/maxresdefault.jpg

It doesn't matter if Talon co. is more savage or better equips it's soldiers, the fact that the Gunners have Combined Arms makes them one of the most dangerous armies in the wasteland.
Back to top Go down
mrhaos500

mrhaos500

PostSubject: Re: Gunners vs Talon Company    Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 4:26 am

Talon company, they seem more organized more ruthless and in fo3 they actually hunt you. by the time of fo4 providing a certain vault dweller and a 8ft gatling laser wielding super mutant didnt completely obliterate them. they would pose a challenge for the gunners who are fractured and scattered across the commonwealth with a few officers holding them together. Talon company operates out of Fort Bannon if i remmeber correctly.

eleanorlamb [G]

PostSubject: Re: Gunners vs Talon Company    Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 4:31 am

mrhaos500 wrote:
Talon company, they seem more organized more ruthless and in fo3 they actually hunt you. by the time of fo4 providing a certain vault dweller and a 8ft gatling laser wielding super mutant  didnt completely obliterate them. they would pose a challenge for the gunners who are fractured and scattered across the commonwealth with a few officers holding them together. Talon company operates out of Fort Bannon if i remmeber correctly.

I feel like if they had a little bit more advanced AI (I know it's gamebyro F3, bear with me here) and actually appeared in greater frequency, then I think they would be much more interesting.

Either way, Talon is much more fear mongering than Gunners.

MGSV Themed Equipment Sounds: https://www.gunetwork.org/t8626-rel-mgsv-themed-equipment-sounds
Back to top Go down
CodyA042

CodyA042

Character sheet
Name: TwoTimesThree
Faction: The Ciphers
Level: 1

PostSubject: Re: Gunners vs Talon Company    Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 18, 2016 2:25 pm

While I feel Talon Company may be a bit more vicious the Gunners are undoubtedly superior. They're better armed, with every soldier nearly packing energy weaponry and combat armor (though Talon is about equal in this regard), but also have some limited air power as well as Assaultrona, Sentry Bots, etc. Not to mention there seem to be a good bit more of them
Back to top Go down
obsidian929

obsidian929

PostSubject: Re: Gunners vs Talon Company    Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 03, 2016 9:57 pm

Id go for Talon Company, guys or kill for anything, no mercy, no sympathy. Shoot first, ask questions later. Shots fired Rambo Shooting Tommy Gun

"You brought 2 too many.."

Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 Hero_o10
Back to top Go down
kazeem

kazeem

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Gunners vs Talon Company    Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 12:43 am

I'd say Talon Company because they really look like mercs or real soldiers, not just like raiders disguised...

Splatter, splatter, splatter, gnnnniihhh and....SPLATTER!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gunners vs Talon Company    Gunners vs Talon Company  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gunners vs Talon Company

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next