Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
body upgrades dead Mask mandalorian hunk Superpele commonwealth Ryse wolfenstein Gear space machine FCOM ghoul vault boom marvel money khan Reforged Call daryl riot NPCs boomers
Latest topics
» Modder looking for gun mods
Fallout 4 building system Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Fallout 4 building system Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Fallout 4 building system Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:29 am

» Late Introduction
Fallout 4 building system Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:29 pm

» Greetings!
Fallout 4 building system Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Fallout 4 building system Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Fallout 4 building system Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Fallout 4 building system Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Fallout 4 building system Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:01 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Fallout 4 building system Emptyby DoxxxBoxx Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:33 pm

» hi i'm new person
Fallout 4 building system Emptyby Jackfishproductions Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Fallout 4 building system Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:15 am

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Fallout 4 building system Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Fallout 4 building system Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:37 pm

» Fallout Screenshots XIV
Fallout 4 building system Emptyby Smellen D'generes Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:06 pm

» New person
Fallout 4 building system Emptyby W0NDER0FY0U Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:29 pm

» Howdy pardners.
Fallout 4 building system Emptyby DVAted Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:06 am

» Suggestions for a Halo Themed TTW Playthrough
Fallout 4 building system Emptyby apatheticman Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:44 am

» who here is a mandalorian??
Fallout 4 building system Emptyby chazmister Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:13 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Fallout 4 building system Emptyby Ndf Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:29 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Fallout 4 building system

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mrcina67

mrcina67

Fallout 4 building system Empty
PostSubject: Fallout 4 building system   Fallout 4 building system EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 8:21 pm

When I saw in the trailer that we will be able to make our own settlements and/or forts I was really excited. But now after spending 24h in game I'm kinda dissapointed.
The system is badly done (in my oppinion) walls are floating and can connect only in certain way and it takes a lot of time to make it the way you like. Do you agree? And do you have some tips and tricks to make it easier and less time consuming Beer
Back to top Go down
farts30

farts30

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 building system   Fallout 4 building system EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 12:59 pm

If you could just mash the walls together(no red) like the GECK it would be better experience; the snap grid is annoying.

All the parties are formed. All the gangs are born. The Beast has been chosen. Who is going to win in the end? We'll set fire to the shore. We'll set fire to the sea. We'll set fire to the meadow. We'll bring this whole world to it's knees.
Back to top Go down
gabet347

gabet347

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 building system   Fallout 4 building system EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 1:38 pm

I would agree, but with the unlimited size mod and also using console commands to obtain unlimited resources (tgm), I love it. I think it's so fun. I spend hours building settlements. I also learned, although it doesn't work for me for some reason, you can use the console command 'tcl' to turn off object collision. All these things together make it a much funner experience IMO. I agree it needs work, like the snap feature should be toggable and so should object collision ( without console command).

Evmeister

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 building system   Fallout 4 building system EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 3:26 pm

Some things could have been done better. Like a settler management menu. That way I don't have to wait for a supply line person to come into a settlement so I can reassign them. And if course the height limit and building limit. However it's still entertaining. Try hangmans alley and fugue out the best way to maximize the space. I spent a lot of time on that one and still done with it. Also the tcl works for putting up junk walls right next to each other with no gaps. God mode helps. I agree though it could have been better. Such as being able to choose your settlement locations. However I'm sure someone will mod that in eventually.

mrcina67

mrcina67

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 building system   Fallout 4 building system EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 4:27 pm

Oh didnt know that tgm and tcl help but since I dont want to ruin the first playtrough but will try it on the second playtrough. Thanks guys Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mindstormer

mindstormer

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 building system   Fallout 4 building system EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 4:36 pm

I agree with this1 I was building like crrazy at Sanctuary and not soon after I reached the limit... Also I think it's strange that you can only have 10 + your charisma settlers max.. I mean you would expect more for a decent settlement..

I know that there already mods to get a unlimited source of settlers and space, but spawning settlers out of the blue feels like cheating to me.

SmokeyPeanutRic

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 building system   Fallout 4 building system EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 4:56 pm

I really hope someone makes a mod that gets rid of the "snap" of objects. It is soooo annoying

drphibbs

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 building system   Fallout 4 building system EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 7:01 pm

I'm loving that this feature exists, but its implementation needs some work. I'd like the option to be able to build over terrain the game doesn't let you edit, like bushes. It's still better than none at all. My biggest problem so far is that in some cases I don't want to 'ruin' the existing structures in the settlements. On a similar note, sometimes a settlement will give me too many ideas and I'm just paralyzed.
Back to top Go down
Pickpox111

Pickpox111

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 building system   Fallout 4 building system EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 10:20 am

I think it's great that they made the building system an option. Especially for people that don't really want to learn about modding or are on console and can't. It's pretty detailed considering this wasn't an option at all in earlier games.

I would be a horrible example of the possibilities because I am not good at design. I can point out what looks good, no problem, but to create my own little home or settlement, forget it. It will look like a toddler's set up. I still enjoy it and spend far too much time on it.

There are other games out there that have a more in depth system or design, but I'm sure they are specifically set up for that and are not anything like Fallout.

Evmeister

Evmeister

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 building system   Fallout 4 building system EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 4:03 pm

Just came across this on Nexus. It's a cheat engine table that allows you to place things even if red. It's a stop gap till somebody fixes it in modding. I wouldn't consider it cheating either because it's just allowing something in game that should have been allowed before.

I will give it a try this weekend. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1267/?

TheThompsonBoss

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 building system   Fallout 4 building system EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 3:12 am

I thought it was a fun edition to the game, but not really needed. Also it looks like there wan't alot of focus on the building mechanic. Like you said there are alot of problems with it. I think it's alright and fun to do on the side, but nothing to get invested in.
Back to top Go down
Legend

Legend

Character sheet
Name: Legend
Faction: Brotherhood of Plastic
Level: Windows 10

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 building system   Fallout 4 building system EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 12:11 pm

I feel it's an okay system honestly.... but rather broken down by bugs, and not the humorous kind. The first problem comes in when you plant down... well... plants. If you try to pull them up again, you'll run into a problem where you can't even target it, though your reticule is dead-center on the thing. You either have to reload, or fast-travel elsewhere and then back to your settlement to fix it. Second problem comes in with the limitations of building things... primarily in the landscape if not the limit on placeable objects; Sanctuary for example is rife with overcrowding... what with the damaged houses and such that can't be removed, but used as interiors.

I feel the modding scene is going to implement on this heavily though. My temporary solution is to use concrete blocks (Structures > Wood > Floor) to create an elevated floor-space which you can build upon without worrying about wonky ground placement. Secondly, I'd figure out a way to keep those Settlers from popping into your house.... because that is simply irritating when they sit by the door and block your only way out...

Soju

Character sheet
Name: ----------------------
Faction: ---------------------
Level: ----------------------

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 building system   Fallout 4 building system EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 6:37 pm

If they could introduce an overhaul system, or a feature that let you turn off auto snapping, that would solve a lotta issues. And let you destroy some indestructible objects in the way too (poles, etc).

William Lionheart

Character sheet
Name: William Lionheart
Faction:
Level: 56

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 building system   Fallout 4 building system EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 6:49 pm

I have to say it's a fun feature, but I agree it has it's issue's.

I tried fixing a destroyed house by adding walls but it only lets me in some places which makes it pointless in my book.

As far as I can tell I find it a shame i can't seem to make a staircase to the red rocket station roof.

I haven't really tried manipulating the building system to allow me to have access on it, so I'm not entirely sure.

It would have been nice indeed if you also could build anywhere you want. I mean mods could do it why couldn't they just add it?

A major problem for me with the building system is I can't walk forward or move left when in workshop mode.

Makes building a lot harder for me to only use back and right to try and place it where I want.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
William Lionheart

William Lionheart

Character sheet
Name: William Lionheart
Faction:
Level: 56

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 building system   Fallout 4 building system EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 5:18 am

@Veteran Well shit that's the Red Rocket station where you find Dogmeat?

Maybe I should spend more time messing around with it :p
Back to top Go down
Soju

Soju

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 building system   Fallout 4 building system EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 11:24 am

For anyone having problems with building stuff but encounters ridiculous limitations (such as the system won't let you build anyhting close to another thing even when they don't touch each other), this is for you:

Though you might have to resort to console command, but it works.

Evmeister

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 building system   Fallout 4 building system EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 10:00 pm

Glad somebody finally made a video of that. I was thinking of doing one myself, tcl really helps! Also god mode too if. May be cheating but it would take forever to build a huge settlement otherwise.

Soju

Soju

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 building system   Fallout 4 building system EmptySun Nov 22, 2015 1:10 am

There's also that mod on nexus calls Place in Red, but isn't really a mod, just a cheat (it utilizes Cheat Engine) to somehow let you build in clipping spots.

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 building system   Fallout 4 building system Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout 4 building system

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next