Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Call NPCs riot dead Reforged boom Gear mandalorian vault boomers marvel khan money ghoul Ryse Mask hunk Superpele Overhaul commonwealth power daryl body wolfenstein gauss machine
Latest topics
» Afterlife discord
Textures randomly wig out and disappear.  Emptyby fil0000 Today at 11:57 am

» The Next fallout
Textures randomly wig out and disappear.  Emptyby Velken Today at 5:13 am

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
Textures randomly wig out and disappear.  Emptyby Velken Today at 5:08 am

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
Textures randomly wig out and disappear.  Emptyby Luke Priefer Yesterday at 11:16 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Textures randomly wig out and disappear.  Emptyby Luke Priefer Yesterday at 8:43 pm

» Starfield
Textures randomly wig out and disappear.  Emptyby Velken Yesterday at 4:34 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
Textures randomly wig out and disappear.  Emptyby scrab20 Wed May 08, 2024 4:18 pm

» Not new, but been a long time
Textures randomly wig out and disappear.  Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 5:31 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Textures randomly wig out and disappear.  Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 6:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Textures randomly wig out and disappear.  Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
Textures randomly wig out and disappear.  Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Textures randomly wig out and disappear.  Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Textures randomly wig out and disappear.  Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Textures randomly wig out and disappear.  Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Textures randomly wig out and disappear.  Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Textures randomly wig out and disappear.  Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Textures randomly wig out and disappear.  Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Textures randomly wig out and disappear.  Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Textures randomly wig out and disappear.  Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:06 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Textures randomly wig out and disappear.  Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:55 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Textures randomly wig out and disappear.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
yarknot

yarknot

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

Textures randomly wig out and disappear.  Empty
PostSubject: Textures randomly wig out and disappear.    Textures randomly wig out and disappear.  EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 12:33 am

Hey guys, so for the most part I still consider myself uneducated when it comes to modding really, so it may be a simple fix. However whenever I start the game I can play for a little while, maybe 2 minutes then the gun textures and meshs just disappear and the big red ! appears and the terrain and buildings go awry as well. I'm then able to save and quit, then mess with the archive invalidation in NMM and as usual I restart the game and the cycle continues. I don't understand what caused it, it was fine then I had to stop playing for a few days and came back and the game just started this. I didn't change anything in the time between. does anyone have any ideas for a more permanent fix. Oh and also going between cells automatically just messes up the textures. Any help would be appreciated guys!
Back to top Go down
FoVet20

FoVet20

Character sheet
Name: Cain Reaver
Faction: none
Level: 167

PostSubject: Re: Textures randomly wig out and disappear.    Textures randomly wig out and disappear.  EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 12:40 am

this usually happens to me when i have run out of memory on my gpu for example id walk into a shack and see my characters face texture on the roof and my weapon textures on the walls and everything else is pure black and my meshes flicker and disappear to fix that issue i just uninstalled a few large mod packs i had installed
Back to top Go down
ritualclarity

ritualclarity

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Textures randomly wig out and disappear.    Textures randomly wig out and disappear.  EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 3:12 am

FoV is correct. Most of the time the cause of your issue and issues like this is you have ran out of Vram or system ram or you have installed to many texture based mods. Sometimes it only happens in certan locations (which have large amounts of textures) or after a brief amount of play time (when the buffer on your gfx card/ ram has been filled and can't switch out the graphics quick enough.

The fix is the same. Upgrade the graphics card (to a larger more powerful one with better vram/etc) or lower the textures by removing a few mods. Some go the route of optimizing the textures. I haven't had much experience with this so I can't speak to the effectiveness of this but worth a try if you can't to the upgrade or just can't live without those textures.

The key is "random" and non specific (which is random TongueTril). If one texture or a group of textures constantly give issues and they are the same issues it is possible that it is those textures that are messed up or gotten corrupted. This is only for specific textures. Your issue don't sound like this.

yarknot

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Textures randomly wig out and disappear.    Textures randomly wig out and disappear.  EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 4:19 am

oh okay that all makes sense thanks guys! however the only weird part that confuses me about that is I have 32GB Vram and everything, but I'll check into optimizing, and if that doesn't work I'll just disable stuff. Thanks guys I appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
FoVet20

FoVet20

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Textures randomly wig out and disappear.    Textures randomly wig out and disappear.  EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 4:25 am

@yarknot

i think you mean you have 32GB system ram im pretty certain there is no 32GB graphics cards yet most i have was an amd afterburner grahics card with 12GB vram and it was 2,600 euro and i think its not meant for gaming lol but if its not your system ram it may be your Vram if your unsure of your vram google your graphics card model and that should get you the result the most common sizes are 2GB to 4GB but the higher end cards can go to 6GB and 8GB Smile
Back to top Go down
yarknot

yarknot

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Textures randomly wig out and disappear.    Textures randomly wig out and disappear.  EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 4:41 am

oh right, sorry idk what I was thinking lol, long day. yeah I have a 6GB, I just got them confused sorry. I did however solve my problem thanks to you guys so thank you!
Back to top Go down
gav07Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Textures randomly wig out and disappear.    Textures randomly wig out and disappear.  EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 4:43 am

yarknot wrote:
oh right, sorry idk what I was thinking lol, long day. yeah I have a 6GB, I just got them confused sorry. I did however solve my problem thanks to you guys so thank you!

Just out of curiosity, do you have the 980ti? just wondering TongueTril
Back to top Go down
http://twitch.tv/gavinmurphy
FoVet20

FoVet20

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Textures randomly wig out and disappear.    Textures randomly wig out and disappear.  EmptySun Oct 18, 2015 4:44 am

@yarknot

hey dont be sorry buddy we all make mistakes you'll see how bad my grammar can be sometimes lol and 6GB is really good i must say i only use an Nvidia 820m 2GB anyhow im glad you got it working and im happy if i helped in any way Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Textures randomly wig out and disappear.    Textures randomly wig out and disappear.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Textures randomly wig out and disappear.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1