Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
daryl body Gear dead wolfenstein ghoul machine Overhaul Call Reforged Mask marvel boom hunk NPCs vault power commonwealth riot Ryse money gauss khan boomers mandalorian Superpele
Latest topics
» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Yesterday at 11:54 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 Emptyby SgtSpectre Sat May 04, 2024 1:21 pm

» Not new, but been a long time
Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Fri May 03, 2024 11:31 pm

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 12:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:39 am

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:27 am

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Vault 111's demise.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Vexillarious

Vexillarious

Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vault 111's demise.   Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 5:43 pm

Dio Brando wrote:
Pretty sure that the kid might survive and become a ghoul. Todd Howard-level of drama.
Spoiler:

Dude how eerie would that be? You find you're son and he's a 200 year old ghoul.

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Vault 111's demise.   Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 5:48 pm

Vexillarious wrote:
Dio Brando wrote:
Pretty sure that the kid might survive and become a ghoul. Todd Howard-level of drama.
Spoiler:

Dude how eerie would that be? You find you're son and he's a 200 year old ghoul.
It's either this way or none. Because all that big talk about baby's appearance and the actual intro just doesn't make any sense. I would prefer to wake up somewhere with a bullet in my head and with a kind doctor by my side who's patching me up rather than this unnecessary "make-me-cry-for-those-who-i-don't-care-about" thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vault 111's demise.   Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 5:49 pm

Archangel470 wrote:
Maybe there's a reason WHY you're the Sole Survivor...

I'm sure there is. Its way too significant, emotionally, for there not to be.
Back to top Go down
Archangel470

Archangel470

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Vault 111's demise.   Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 5:52 pm

Tesvixen wrote:
Archangel470 wrote:
Maybe there's a reason WHY you're the Sole Survivor...

I'm sure there is.  Its way too significant, emotionally, for there not to be.

There has to be. There wouldn't be a great story if there wasn't.
Back to top Go down
Vexillarious

Vexillarious

PostSubject: Re: Vault 111's demise.   Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 5:53 pm

Dio Brando wrote:
Vexillarious wrote:
Dio Brando wrote:
Spoiler:

It's either this way or none. Because all that big talk about baby's appearance and the actual intro just doesn't make any sense. I would prefer to wake up somewhere with a bullet in my head and with a kind doctor by my side who's patching me up rather than this unnecessary "make-me-cry-for-those-who-i-don't-care-about" thing.
Yeah I feel ya man. The father and son relationship worked in Fallout 3 but the whole entire family just doesn't do it for me. They give you a wife, but majority of players will romance other characters without even thinking about the wife. You'll just feel no emotion towards this family you have. I as well prefer the lone wolf start.

Andrees92

PostSubject: Re: Vault 111's demise.   Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 5:58 pm

Vexillarious wrote:
Dio Brando wrote:
Spoiler:

That'd be awesome, really awesome.
And plus, if nothing else happened to your family, its probable Bethesda will go that way.

A man can only be beaten in two ways: if he quits, or if he dies.

Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 Untitl10

The same boiling water that softens potatoes, hardens eggs. It's all about what you're made of, not your circumstances.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vault 111's demise.   Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 5:58 pm

Vexillarious wrote:
Yeah I feel ya man. The father and son relationship worked in Fallout 3 but the whole entire family just doesn't do it for me. They give you a wife, but majority of players will romance other characters without even thinking about the wife. You'll just feel no emotion towards this family you have. I as well prefer the lone wolf start.

Ahem, not everyone wants to play as a cynical, male douchebag who loves nothing and no one. TongueTril
Back to top Go down
Vexillarious

Vexillarious

PostSubject: Re: Vault 111's demise.   Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 6:02 pm

Tesvixen wrote:
Vexillarious wrote:

Ahem, not everyone wants to play as a cynical, male douchebag who loves nothing and no one. TongueTril
I did not mean to sound cynical, I apologize. I was just saying how I personally won't have an emotional connection towards the family in general, not just the wife. I prefer to start off a game as a lone wolf and then build relationships from there to get a genuine emotional connection instead of a forced interaction.

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Vault 111's demise.   Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 6:11 pm

Tesvixen wrote:
Vexillarious wrote:

That's what the Fallout about mostly. A post-apocalyptic game about survival and egocentricity (and maybe good quests, if Bethesda won't screw everything up like in FO3). There are games like Sims or Mass Effect, or Dragon Age where people can make love to their waifus/husbands. And even there (Sheesh, I'm actually about to note a positive side of those games): you have a choice if you want to have family or not. Here Todd decides to throw the tragedy right into the face and just make us feel for those who we don't care about (which only kills the diversity of roleplaying). And then they let us romance pretty much everyone else, except dog (still not confirmed though, but Todd nods), which just destroys the whole intro and "I-cant-hold-all-these-feels-but-not-really" moment.
Back to top Go down
Vexillarious

Vexillarious

PostSubject: Re: Vault 111's demise.   Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 6:13 pm

Like i said, I just prefer to start off alone and then build a genuine connection to companions I meet along the way. It creates a much more immersive game.

PostSubject: Re: Vault 111's demise.   Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 6:43 pm

Dio Brando wrote:
Tesvixen wrote:
Vexillarious wrote:

That's what the Fallout about mostly. A post-apocalyptic game about survival and egocentricity (and maybe good quests, if Bethesda won't screw everything up like in FO3). There are games like Sims or Mass Effect, or Dragon Age where people can make love to their waifus/husbands. And even there (Sheesh, I'm actually about to note a positive side of those games): you have a choice if you want to have family or not. Here Todd decides to throw the tragedy right into the face and just make us feel for those who we don't care about (which only kills the diversity of roleplaying). And then they let us romance pretty much everyone else, except dog (still not confirmed though, but Todd nods), which just destroys the whole intro and "I-cant-hold-all-these-feels-but-not-really" moment.

Yes, I've heard this speech from you before.

What irks me about it is that you seem to think that the way *you* want things to be, is the way they should be.  You're one player out of millions and your opinion (key word, that one) is no more valid than mine, or anyone else's.  Just because you don't like the game starting off with a family, does not factually make Bethesda wrong for starting the game off with a family.  It is their game to design as they please, not yours.  If it eats at you to such a degree that you just can't stand it, feel free to not buy the game and go play Hatred.

If Fallout 4 had been announced and we got the 'cynical dickhead' character that you seem to want so very badly, I wouldn't make post after post after post whining about it, or trashing the developers for it.  I'd give the game a chance and see what I could do within the context of that setup.

Oh no, for 10 minutes you have a spouse and a kid!  The horror!  From the sounds of it, you'll have another 400 hours+ to roleplay as a jerk.  FFS.
Back to top Go down
Pharah

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Vault 111's demise.   Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 6:50 pm

Tesvixen wrote:
Dio Brando wrote:
Tesvixen wrote:
Vexillarious wrote:

Yes, I've heard this speech from you before.

What irks me about it is that you seem to think that the way *you* want things to be, is the way they should be.  You're one player out of millions and your opinion (key word, that one) is no more valid than mine, or anyone else's.  Just because you don't like the game starting off with a family, does not factually make Bethesda wrong for starting the game off with a family.  It is their game to design as they please, not yours.  If it eats at you to such a degree that you just can't stand it, feel free to not buy the game and go play Hatred.

If Fallout 4 had been announced and we got the 'cynical dickhead' character that you seem to want so very badly, I wouldn't make post after post after post whining about it, or trashing the developers for it.  I'd give the game a chance and see what I could do within the context of that setup.

Oh no, for 10 minutes you have a spouse and a kid!  The horror!  From the sounds of it, you'll have another 400 hours+ to roleplay as a jerk.  FFS.
Okay, as you say.
Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 Hugh-Laurie-Getty
Back to top Go down
Vexillarious

Vexillarious

PostSubject: Re: Vault 111's demise.   Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 7:07 pm

Hey now. Let's all be civil here. We're all just stating our opinions. In the end, we're all Fallout lovers and we're gonna play the shit out of Fallout 4 regardless of family ties or not and we'll love every second of it because HEY! Who doesn't love Fallout? Big-Hug

jldoner

PostSubject: Re: Vault 111's demise.   Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 11:15 am

Whatever the reason for its demise I cant help but feel really bad for the character. Guy just lost his family and becomes the lone survivor just to be alone (except we know codsworth and the dog accompany him). I hope that maybe the children were at least saved and maybe he finds some family out in his travels.

Vexillarious

PostSubject: Re: Vault 111's demise.   Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 12:14 pm

I have a strong feeling that we will definitely find the baby all grown up. Making him a 200 year old ghoul would be an even crazier twist.

Skarus

PostSubject: Re: Vault 111's demise.   Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 12:36 pm

Vexillarious wrote:
I have a strong feeling that we will definitely find the baby all grown up. Making him a 200 year old ghoul would be an even crazier twist.

Man at this rate I don't even care what they do as long as the story is amazing and has some crazy twists. I've been playing Fallout 3 and Fallout NV for so many years that I'm almost going mad because I legitimately know almost every location and everything in the game. I need something brand spankin' new. TTW alleviated some of my nostalgia for FO3 and I'm learning a bit more since being in the community, but still, I need something fresh and that something comes out in early november.

Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 76561198000264406
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vault 111's demise.   Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 1:17 pm

What makes this especially intriguing for me is that you've above ground when the bomb hits. They've yet to show the casualties of that. So I'm wondering if your family even makes it into the vault.
Back to top Go down
Lorem ipsum

PostSubject: Re: Vault 111's demise.   Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 4:20 pm

I am going to take a wild gander here. I will try not to ramble haha. This is like a giant theory in my head. I am going to say that the protagonist and his/her family made it into the vault. They get lowered through the vault elevator. They make it to the vault door and the rest is history.

-Through the PA System-
Welcome to Vault 111!
"Here at Vault-Tec, your safety is our number one priority"

Both the Protagonist and the family make it safe inside. The three of them all enter the vault, while seeing that the vault was suprisingly still intact. They go inside and they notice something particularly wrong. Vault 111 had only three people in it. It seems as though the vault is made up of three scientists. However, there were only two scientists that showed up at entrance. The scientists introduced themselves and took the group of people including the Protagonist and his family on the tour of the vault. Vault 111 was made up of a couple of rooms with computer terminals and tubes filled with the mutants of the wasteland. They were in a blue like gel that seemed to glow within the transparent tube. The scientists explained to the new vault dwellers that they were not randomly selected but chosen for the task of making a better future for man kind. One scientist in peticular, most likely the leader, asked the new dwellers if one of them would provide assistance. The Protagonist voluntered his hand for the scientist. The other scientist took the rest of the vault dwellers to their rooms in the bottom level of the vault. The leader told the protagonist that his job was of utmost importance. The scientist's experiement was to cyrogenically freeze him/her. The protagonist asks the scientist how long he plans to keep him in for. The scientist tells him/her that the plan is to keep him/her frozen for one week. Now the experiment wasn't getting someone to be cryogenically frozen. The experiment was to figure out how to unfreeze someone who has been frozen. The protagonist agrees to the scientists experiment and gets put into the chamber.

Now, after everything was said and done. The scientists had failed to acknowledge that they conducted the experiment on one of their very own. However, the experiment had failed.

The protagonist's family and the group of people that had entered the vault had no idea what has been going on. The people that were lowered into the vault had actually contracted severe radiation poisoning due to the partial hit from the fallout.

The radiation was spread inside the vaults water supply and and food. Everyone inside the vault had contracted acute radiation syndrome. Everyone inside the vault began to have severe pain and by the end of the week everyone accept one had passed away. The last one was slowing dying as well. The scientist went to the chamber that held the Protagonist and he set the chamber to administer a serum and wake the protagonist in a set date of two hundred years. The last scientist walked to the vault entrance and entered the password to open the vault before collapsing on the floor.

Two hundred years later, the cyro chamber began the thawing process and administered the serum to the Protagonist. He/She than awakes to the quiet emptiness and the lights flickering. He/she walks around to find everyone as only bone. He/She finds the remnants of his/her once love and child and begins to cry. After several hours begins to leave the vault. He/She spots a scientist on the ground with a familiar device, the pipboy, and puts it on his/her arm. He/She walks up too the door panel and clicks it. A message plays from the pipboy:
You are the Sole Survivor of Vault 111....
Back to top Go down
Andrees92

Andrees92

PostSubject: Re: Vault 111's demise.   Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 7:11 pm

Spoiler:

How great it'd be if this was actually the story Laugh Out Loud

What if you get to the Vault, and get cryo'd, only to find out that your family made it inside another Vault and also got cryo'd, and they're still alive! Surprised

A man can only be beaten in two ways: if he quits, or if he dies.

Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 Untitl10

The same boiling water that softens potatoes, hardens eggs. It's all about what you're made of, not your circumstances.
Back to top Go down
AceGoober

AceGoober

PostSubject: Re: Vault 111's demise.   Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 10:13 pm

I was contemplating agreeing with you until this sentence:

ProvingJester wrote:
The last scientist walked to the vault entrance and entered the password to open the vault before collapsing on the floor.

How can that be when the protagonist opened Vault 111?

Patriot 16 GB (4 x 8 GB) 2133 @ 11-11-11-27
eVGA GTX Titan X @ Stock
Samsung EVO 1 TB SSD - O/S
Samsung EVO 1 TB SSD - Storage
Seasonic X-1250 Power Supply
Thermaltake Core X9 Chassis
Samsung UD590 3840 x 2160
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vault 111's demise.   Vault 111's demise. - Page 2 Empty