Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Call wolfenstein khan vault Gear boomers commonwealth ghoul body marvel gauss hunk Overhaul mandalorian machine money dead Ryse riot power Mask Reforged daryl NPCs boom Superpele
Latest topics
» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 Emptyby HunterWorld Yesterday at 10:57 pm

» Afterlife discord
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 Emptyby brivonu Yesterday at 7:38 pm

» How to change the UI sound fx placed by a mod?
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 Emptyby immortallegion Sun May 12, 2024 7:40 pm

» big red exclamation marks
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 Emptyby teslatest Sun May 12, 2024 1:02 pm

» [FNV] Menu and cursor doesnt show up
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 Emptyby Anesthatic Sat May 11, 2024 5:20 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 Emptyby Allthis Fri May 10, 2024 3:20 pm

» The Next fallout
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 12:13 am

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 12:08 am

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 Emptyby Luke Priefer Thu May 09, 2024 6:16 pm

» Starfield
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 Emptyby Velken Wed May 08, 2024 11:34 pm

» Not new, but been a long time
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 12:31 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 1:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:42 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
thelocusteffect

thelocusteffect

What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 3:16 pm

i prefered new vegas as even when the NCR , Legion and house want you dead you still had places to go like goodsprings or the brotherhood of steel or the great khans and etc while in fallout 3 once you blow up megaton and take pot shots at the brotherhood there is literally fuck all to do beyond dlc and crying in DC as super mutants chase you with minguns
Back to top Go down
kalitx

kalitx

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 3:56 pm

I preferred the Atmosphere and overall wasteland in Fallout 3, it seemed more of an unforgiving post-apocalyptic world with guns in worser condition and scarce ammo/food. I just felt like it lacked in faction development, like we don't get to learn much about the Brotherhood of Steel until later into the game and when you reach that point the game closes to a closing soon after.

The story of FNV was better imo, you really get to see the struggle the NCR faces with the Legion especially on their turf (Nelson, Searchlight, etc). Also the uniqueness of The Strip really gives you a feeling of "hope of a better world". I just felt this wasteland was far too tame (understandably) for my liking. I missed the eerie feeling I got crossing through the DC ruins each time and feeling the need to sneak around in case of an ambush from raiders or super mutants.

Tl;Dr Both games are good, but for different reasons. FO3 for the unforgiving Atmosphere and FNV for the more in depth story development
Back to top Go down
kn5002

kn5002

PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 10:28 am

I prefer Fallout NV more for its mechanics, theme and freedom.

OfficerDornanFett

Character sheet
Name: Ace Howard
Faction: Mercenary/Bounty Hunter
Level: 84

PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 11:39 am

I prefer Fallout New Vegas IMO, It has better mechanics, freedom, and it stays with the original, also NV has more factions, more choices and more interesting dialogue,  Fallout 3 has the unforgiving dark wasteland theme, but NV has the same theme with Fallout 2 and Fallout 1.
Back to top Go down
Archangel470

Archangel470

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 EmptyThu Dec 31, 2015 3:40 pm

Haven't really played much of Fallout 3, but I'd definitely say New Vegas.

Wertologist

PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 01, 2016 2:47 am

Fallout 3 for vanilla playthrough, but New Vegas for a modded playthrough. New Vegas had better gameplay features like hardcore mode and iron sights, but vanilla Vegas was honestly very boring and very small. Don't believe me? Take a picture of the map and color in the areas that you can't access and then take another color and fill in the areas that have absolutely nothing in them(the dried up lakebeds and the river). After that, the whole map is very small and linear.
Back to top Go down
SoujiMonaru

SoujiMonaru

PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 7:08 pm

I love that in 3 you can play after the main story with the Broken Steel DLC, but I like the NV world better. 3 was dark and drab, whereas NV is colourful and bright. Also the mechanics were tweaked and the companion wheel addition was welcome. And just for the modding capabilities alone, with MCM and NVSE along with other aspects. When I first started 3 I wasn't at all interested in playing NV.....but I am forever grateful I gave NV a shot!

TehJoninator5

PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2016 7:42 pm

Fallout 3 was my first Fallout game and holds a special place in my heart. I love that game, I really truly do. Fallout New Vegas is my choice for a modded Fallout experience, 3 is just for exploring the Wasteland and taking it all back in and experience it all like it was my first time again.

praising

Character sheet
Name: Elmos Preisley
Faction: Randall & Associates
Level: 42

PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 4:56 am

I prefer New Vegas. The revenge driven story, the factions, the gameplay mechanics, the ability to play in hardcore with thirst and hunger, the settlements, the westernish atmosphere, and the mods of course. That being said, I think NV has some major flaws compared to FO3 (which in itself is a pretty much complete game). Something that always bothered me in NV was the map. It always seemed to me that the NV map is way smaller than in FO3, and that there is more unforgettable location in F03 than in NV. And the supposed war between the NCR and the Legion is more than ridiculous ( kinda like the civil war in skyrim).
Back to top Go down
Decer

Decer

Character sheet
Name: Asurah
Faction: Rapists of New World
Level: 15

PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 7:49 am

Well, there a many sides that NV and FO3 better.
FO3 have better story in my opinion, better ambience and music, and i love Capital Wasteland more than Mojave Desert.
NV have better engine, more from FO1 and FO2.

So if you like both of them, i highly reccomend Tale of Two Wastelands, and story of 101st.

Sonogu

PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 5:46 pm

I like FO3's story & game world and Fallout NV's better gun play & game engine. So I decided to try TTW and now I am playing FO3 with FO4's gun play & game engine...
Back to top Go down
Spazcakes

Spazcakes

Character sheet
Name: Spaz
Faction: The one with nice people
Level: Twilight Harbor

PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 6:03 pm

FO3 seemed to have a lot more locations, which I love exploring, especially the metro, I get spooked when heading down there alone XD It's hard for me to pick which is better!
Back to top Go down
Bnutzz112

Bnutzz112

PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2016 6:37 pm

i dont know i have to play fallout 3 again to say
Back to top Go down
Doggo

Doggo

PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 1:51 am

I've got this really narrowed down actually, and it comes down to how you play and what aspects of a game you like best:
New Vegas: Heavy replayability due to massive branching endings/quests, and sheer number of quests. The world was dead, somewhat dull, and lifeless, it was wacky but everything was in the realm of possibility (no aliens) and it also had many statements about different forms of government that was very interesting, as none were the right choice. And the writing was superb. The branching DLC's were done well and well received.

3: Not much replay value, not many quests, two endings. But the world felt good, it was fun to explore, and the main quests were very straightforward and took itself seriously. There wasn't much replay value due to streamlined dialogue (Inquire, Asshole answer, Polite answer, neutral answer) The writing was not THAT great but it had its moments, quests were pretty memorable despite being fewer than new vegas. The DLC's were all received neutrally.

All and all it comes down to: Story or Atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
crojas909

crojas909

PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 2:41 am

It's been a while since I've played Fallout 3 [Vanilla or Modded]
I played New Vegas more recently
I love Fallout 3 for the Atmosphere and setting
I love New Vegas for the choices and story
If I had to pick one, it would be New Vegas

Distortion

Character sheet
Name: Distortion
Faction: of none of your damn business
Level: two fitty

PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 1:50 am

NV for me, Fallout 3 just felt like the main story was way too quick and you had to go all the way across the capital wastes to get to rivet city which was annoying. Just couldn't get myself close to the fallout 3 lore plus not having true iron sights really bugged me. NV just felt like i can get involved in the story where as going so far away to find daddy was what killed it for me.
Back to top Go down
Lil'T

PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 11:06 am

I think fallout 3 is better to the story and the apocalyptic world but it's a little bit more limited for the modding. Fallout New Vegas let us have more possibilities for modding , adventure and fun.
So I think Fallout New Vegas is funnier than Fallout 3.
(That's a personnal opinion)

Peace.
Back to top Go down
Ehlengast

Ehlengast

PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 29, 2016 12:22 pm

New Vegas was the first Fallout game I played, and I had lots of fun with it. Later i bought F3, played it like 2 hours, but I didn't like it somehow. Maybe it's the atmosphere, missing NV-Mods, or something like that. Now I'm playing Tale of Two Wastelands (Fnv+F3) and I absolutely looove Fallout 3. The landscape is muuch better made than that empty worldspace in New Vegas and the story is imo better, too. Fallout 3 with NV aspects is pretty much heaven for me

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?   What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you like better, FalloutNV or Fallout 3?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5