Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Overhaul power Superpele dead Mask wolfenstein body daryl money marvel machine khan riot commonwealth Ryse NPCs boomers hunk Reforged ghoul vault gauss Call boom mandalorian Gear
Latest topics
» Hey guys!!!
Does scripted companion deaths make you mad? - Page 2 Emptyby SilverInc Yesterday at 11:39 am

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Does scripted companion deaths make you mad? - Page 2 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Does scripted companion deaths make you mad? - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Does scripted companion deaths make you mad? - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Does scripted companion deaths make you mad? - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Does scripted companion deaths make you mad? - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Does scripted companion deaths make you mad? - Page 2 Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Does scripted companion deaths make you mad? - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
Does scripted companion deaths make you mad? - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Does scripted companion deaths make you mad? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Does scripted companion deaths make you mad? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Does scripted companion deaths make you mad? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Does scripted companion deaths make you mad? - Page 2 Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Does scripted companion deaths make you mad? - Page 2 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Does scripted companion deaths make you mad? - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Does scripted companion deaths make you mad? - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Does scripted companion deaths make you mad? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Does scripted companion deaths make you mad? - Page 2 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Does scripted companion deaths make you mad? - Page 2 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Does scripted companion deaths make you mad? - Page 2 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:29 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Does scripted companion deaths make you mad?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SuperDuperMutant

SuperDuperMutant

Does scripted companion deaths make you mad? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does scripted companion deaths make you mad?   Does scripted companion deaths make you mad? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 4:24 pm

Like the others have said, if the death is meaningful and makes sense I'm more OK with the death. That said, I prefer it when there's an option to keep the companion alive, if through an extra quest or something.

joebenz

PostSubject: Re: Does scripted companion deaths make you mad?   Does scripted companion deaths make you mad? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 4:22 am

There are other ways to make the story dramatic. Companions are suppose to be there so that we can call on them anytime we want to. If one of them dies with a script it's one less option to think about.
If the story requires someone to be killed, it rather be a named npc instead of a fully interactive character so to speak.
A scripted death for a companion is a waste.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does scripted companion deaths make you mad?   Does scripted companion deaths make you mad? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 8:25 am

I play in hardcore mode only when companion stay in safe place. Because in most of cases his death is not because of strong enemies of something, and just because of imperfect gameplay. Almost in all cases he dies (actually, just faints because, as I said, I don't use hardcore mode when he is with me) when he is like idiot step on a mine or when his ass is straight on the way of my bullets. >_>

If companions death caused by their storyline - that is another story. x)
Back to top Go down
John Henry Eden

John Henry Eden

PostSubject: Re: Does scripted companion deaths make you mad?   Does scripted companion deaths make you mad? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 10:34 am

Allnarta wrote:

I know what you mean. For me its challenge, to keep my frends alive. But i don´t use "load" if one of them is dead, if one is dead i get a other one and try to keep him alife. Can remember my first loss. Cass was headshoted by a Protectron..... what a shame. >_<
Back to top Go down
DesertStorm01

DesertStorm01

PostSubject: Re: Does scripted companion deaths make you mad?   Does scripted companion deaths make you mad? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 11:10 am

If the character has a full, well rounded story arc, their deaths are sad, but understandable. I'm okay with that. I can accept it. If I really love the character, I may still look for alternative ways to keep them alive, even if it's not canonical. But I will respect the canon.

If it's something like the way Arcade abandons you after you complete his quest, then no. That has always bugged me about Arcade's story. "I'm sorry, but I have to go now, and never return until 5 mins before the end of the game". Seriously? WHY?

It's kinda like Legion's death. "I'm sorry Shepard, my people need me for some reason. *dies*"

It is cheap. A well constructed character death will make you sad and mad. A bad one will just make you mad and roll your eyes.
Back to top Go down
kent1100

kent1100

PostSubject: Re: Does scripted companion deaths make you mad?   Does scripted companion deaths make you mad? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 1:28 pm

I am in favor of realism. Especially since I sometimes get bored companions, so if anyone of them die, I will not mind) I usually collect them all in 38 lakes and visit sometimes, change clothes. They have me as a walking Manica) But the big battle could take them all and we like tough guys blow up all in a row)

http://modgames.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does scripted companion deaths make you mad?   Does scripted companion deaths make you mad? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Does scripted companion deaths make you mad?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2