Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
dead Gear machine vault ghoul power Overhaul commonwealth khan Ryse Reforged riot hunk money Mask marvel wolfenstein body mandalorian boomers NPCs Superpele gauss boom Call daryl
Latest topics
» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Blender Niftools Exports Shaders and Data Wrong Emptyby monke gaming Today at 8:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Blender Niftools Exports Shaders and Data Wrong Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Blender Niftools Exports Shaders and Data Wrong Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Blender Niftools Exports Shaders and Data Wrong Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Blender Niftools Exports Shaders and Data Wrong Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Blender Niftools Exports Shaders and Data Wrong Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Blender Niftools Exports Shaders and Data Wrong Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Blender Niftools Exports Shaders and Data Wrong Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Blender Niftools Exports Shaders and Data Wrong Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Blender Niftools Exports Shaders and Data Wrong Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Blender Niftools Exports Shaders and Data Wrong Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Blender Niftools Exports Shaders and Data Wrong Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Blender Niftools Exports Shaders and Data Wrong Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Blender Niftools Exports Shaders and Data Wrong Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Blender Niftools Exports Shaders and Data Wrong Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Blender Niftools Exports Shaders and Data Wrong Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Blender Niftools Exports Shaders and Data Wrong Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
Blender Niftools Exports Shaders and Data Wrong Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Blender Niftools Exports Shaders and Data Wrong Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:29 am

» Late Introduction
Blender Niftools Exports Shaders and Data Wrong Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:29 pm

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Blender Niftools Exports Shaders and Data Wrong

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DruCart3456

DruCart3456

Blender Niftools Exports Shaders and Data Wrong Empty
PostSubject: Blender Niftools Exports Shaders and Data Wrong   Blender Niftools Exports Shaders and Data Wrong EmptyFri Jun 30, 2023 5:04 am

I've never posted on this forum before, but I've been trying to get into some very, very basic modding NV thus far, and I'm starting with armors, and am need of help.

The xNVSE discord hasn't been able to help me thus far, and I'm not sure if its intended, but extremely difficult, or not intended and this isn't meant to be agony. Tutorials for this are far and few between, and a lot of them outdated...

On import, everything seems to function fine, but exporting with the same tool, the nifs don't use BSShaderPPLightingProperty automatically, even though there's a setting for it. All my nifs export with NiTexturingProperty. It also uses NiSkinInstance, not BSDismemberSkinInstance. I don't know how big a difference it is, and I know I could just manually add the blocks in and change it out myself, but, I would rather spend the however many days it'll take me to fix this addon to automate it then spend 30 minutes doing it myself every time I want to make a model from now on. It bothers me its not done automatically.

I'm doing a very, very basic NV armor model replacer, and if anyone has a workflow using Niftools, or knows how to fix this, lmk. I've never really been on a forum before, so sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, or if its a bit of a random ask.
Back to top Go down
Abyssfer

Abyssfer

Character sheet
Name: Lucifer
Faction: Hell
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Blender Niftools Exports Shaders and Data Wrong   Blender Niftools Exports Shaders and Data Wrong EmptyFri Jun 30, 2023 5:27 pm

I found this one in tuxek signature place, maybe it helps:
https://www.gunetwork.org/t17137-tuxek-s-maybe-help-with-rigging-something#300223

You also may check similar topics, i believe people answered similar questions or made guides about that (unfortunately many videos are unavailable now tho).

Also website gives some similar topics to check automatically, you find this list exactly above new comment section

Blender Niftools Exports Shaders and Data Wrong A977db10
Back to top Go down
Acies

Acies

PostSubject: Re: Blender Niftools Exports Shaders and Data Wrong   Blender Niftools Exports Shaders and Data Wrong EmptySat Jul 01, 2023 12:21 am

I tried so much but I was never able to export anything from Blender that worked right.
But I still get some meshes with NiSkinInstance instead of BSDismemberSkinInstance. Sniff has an option to convert this though, and it can be done in bulk. Not sure about BSShaderPPLightingProperty, if you find a better way than removing the wrong block and adding the BSShaderPPLightingProperty block then let me know, because I do it manually for now, although I might look into it and write a script to solve this issue

DruCart3456

DruCart3456

PostSubject: Re: Blender Niftools Exports Shaders and Data Wrong   Blender Niftools Exports Shaders and Data Wrong EmptySun Jul 02, 2023 6:54 am

Acies wrote:
I tried so much but I was never able to export anything from Blender that worked right.
But I still get some meshes with NiSkinInstance instead of BSDismemberSkinInstance. Sniff has an option to convert this though, and it can be done in bulk. Not sure about BSShaderPPLightingProperty, if you find a better way than removing the wrong block and adding the BSShaderPPLightingProperty block then let me know, because I do it manually for now, although I might look into it and write a script to solve this issue

I did figure this out with some fucking around and finding out, and I cried about it and did the BSShader manually. If you do write a script for it, bless.

I'm having issues now with Skin Partitions and making my armor actually... work, cause wow, Fallout modding is the worst thing I've ever tried to learn. I thought L4D2 mods were tough, this sucks. But, at least those specific issues aren't just me. I just have to deal...

As far as I've gotten... hopefully i get a workflow and working model within the next month.
Blender Niftools Exports Shaders and Data Wrong ZnedwQe
Back to top Go down
Acies

Acies

PostSubject: Re: Blender Niftools Exports Shaders and Data Wrong   Blender Niftools Exports Shaders and Data Wrong EmptyMon Jul 03, 2023 12:12 am

Modding this game is a nightmare, and it took me years to learn. I don't know about blender but I could help you out if you're willing to use Outfit Studio, which is what I use for my stuff, and I think there are a few tutorials out there that also use OS to port stuff.
Posing the model would be done in Blender/3dsmax , and then the .obj file gets imported into OS to rig and add textures/materials. Works much better that trying to get a .nif that works from any 3d software

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blender Niftools Exports Shaders and Data Wrong   Blender Niftools Exports Shaders and Data Wrong Empty

Back to top Go down

Blender Niftools Exports Shaders and Data Wrong

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1