Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Ryse boom daryl Mask Call dead marvel Gear khan mandalorian money Reforged riot ghoul Overhaul Superpele hunk body NPCs gauss vault boomers machine wolfenstein commonwealth power
Latest topics
» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Fallout Screenshot Contest - Page 4 Emptyby gavin gold Today at 1:00 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
Fallout Screenshot Contest - Page 4 Emptyby Velken Mon May 06, 2024 8:54 am

» Not new, but been a long time
Fallout Screenshot Contest - Page 4 Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 8:31 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Fallout Screenshot Contest - Page 4 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 9:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Fallout Screenshot Contest - Page 4 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
Fallout Screenshot Contest - Page 4 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Fallout Screenshot Contest - Page 4 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Fallout Screenshot Contest - Page 4 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Fallout Screenshot Contest - Page 4 Emptyby Nicward Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:50 am

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Fallout Screenshot Contest - Page 4 Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Fallout Screenshot Contest - Page 4 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Fallout Screenshot Contest - Page 4 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Fallout Screenshot Contest - Page 4 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Fallout Screenshot Contest - Page 4 Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:06 am

» The Next fallout
Fallout Screenshot Contest - Page 4 Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:01 am

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Fallout Screenshot Contest - Page 4 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Fallout Screenshot Contest - Page 4 Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Fallout Screenshot Contest - Page 4 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Fallout Screenshot Contest - Page 4 Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Fallout Screenshot Contest - Page 4 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:27 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Fallout Screenshot Contest

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
stormer361

stormer361

Fallout Screenshot Contest - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout Screenshot Contest   Fallout Screenshot Contest - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 24, 2018 10:42 pm

Even thought you stated it in the rules YOURSELF to not use ANYTHING outside of a game now you double down on the rule breaking. Yep, saw this comming... I mean nobody asked you to do a contest, or do anything, but when you DO something dont HALF ASS IT. Do it right. As to the rules, you stated if something changes (like ALLOWING contestants to use 3 SCREENSHOTS and FUSE them together in an EXTERNAL PROGRAM bypassing the 3 screenshots per post rule) youll do a NOTIFICATION. Nothing happened so yea, dont HALF ASS it next time (not like people will care anymore). Now it looks like it has been scripted, influenced by winners, cheated or manipulated in other way. Cheating is the way to go guys, when you look around yourself youll see it everywhere.

-(Fusing MANY screenshots can REALLY improve screenshots in a way that you can create panoramas etc.... YET nobody said it was allowed since it was clearly stated that you CANT USE EXTERNAL SOFTWARE thats not part of a game and that you CANT post more than 3 screenshots) Those are my 5 cents on this issue and yes, it looks like this contest has been in a favour to some people, but hey your site, your "rules". Breaking 2 rules and still winning, wow.
Back to top Go down
matticus4205

matticus4205

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Screenshot Contest   Fallout Screenshot Contest - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 12:02 am

Dude you do realize that in the rules that you so quote as scripture, in the details it says not to use a program that GRAPHICLY enhances the image. It doesn't take a college degree to read in between the lines and realize that you can use a external program to merge images together as it doesn't GRAPHICLY enhances them, it's literally taking 3 photos that are already enhanced by the mods used within the game and literally taping them together. that's it. Now I advise you calm down, learn to use some common sense and critical thinking, maybe actually read into the situation instead of just spouting off whatever bullshit you happen to think off at the time and have yourself a fantastic day. Smile

DVAted

DVAted

Character sheet
Name: DeViAted
Faction: GUNners
Level: 55

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Screenshot Contest   Fallout Screenshot Contest - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 12:25 am

I don't know which part of
"it's been approved by staff beforehand"
you're having difficulty grasping.
Skeptic

He asked permission BEFORE posting his submissions, and even AFTER posting he stated:
"Im using a program that makes 3 images into a panorama (Bigger FOV) In no way i have edited the pics in a graphic way."

If it was against the rules, the contest committee would have 1. not given him the go-ahead for it and 2. disqualified his submission.
The purpose of the "no photoshop" rule is to avoid graphical improvements (such as those I've exemplified in my previous post). Extending the field of view does not fall under that category. Period.

We've been doing contests for the past 4 years and we'll keep running them, thank you very much.
If we were to favor anyone, I'd at least be in the top 5 this time around Very Happy and Rex would've probably won 1st place a whole lot more often. There would be no new members in the top 5 either, yet we have 2 here because the votes are cast on the best pictures, regardless of whom submitted them. Fidller is not "in cahoots" with any of the contest team members. We've not favored him in any way because we'd have had no reason to place him above others and/or above ourselves.

If you think you can help with future contests, ANY of you, volunteer for the organizing team and be the change you want to see in here Thumbs Up But if you're just gonna jib and jabber for the sake of being anti-authority, pipe down.

For the last time:
Nobody was favored
Nobody cheated
Nobody should cheat

Move on
Beer

Back to top Go down
stormer361

stormer361

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Screenshot Contest   Fallout Screenshot Contest - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 12:32 am

K. If you feel this is the right way, then go for it. Dont expect people to bother next time some shady "contest" comes up and somebody will go ahead and try to bypass the rules in their favor by going around asking admins "Is this alowed? How about this? Can I do this?". And feel free to ban everybody that feels cheated because they followed the rules to the POINT without twisting them.

Once again you list the rules and when you change them you dont bother to alert people (you said you WILL when something changes it is written there in your rules). Also you dont have to call me an "idiot" in a fancy way just because Iam listing what I feel like is wrong and Iam NOT the only one who feels cheated.
Back to top Go down
tuxek

tuxek

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Screenshot Contest   Fallout Screenshot Contest - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 1:14 am

I do kind of agree with Stormer here. Fiddler may not have edited them in a graphical way but I think it should have taken more effort to create a wider fov shot. Its cheap.

I feel the screenshot you post must be captured by yourself and should not have been edited in any way after capturing it whatsoever.
External programs like, Ansel, Sweetfx, ENB, Freestyle, camera tool and ini tweaking is a means to aquire shots but I think using something to combine 3 screenshots into one in "Post" would be just as bad as lets say. this screenshot:
Spoiler:
This is a screenshot I didn't post in the Frostfall contest due to the fps cap being edited out.

Here's other argument taken from the definition of a screenshot:
Quote :
A screenshot is an image of what is currently on your screen. You can use a screenshot if you want to show exactly what is shown on your screen. The image of the screen can then be sent to your interlocutor to clarify a few things.15 Jul. 2013
-This is the definition when talking about tech support though.

I really don't care enough about the screenshot contests to go demand the disqualification of Fiddler's shot and I feel that even if he didn't combine the 3 screenshots its still a nice capture to show off his enb but I do think its a bit odd you can use the argument "Fiddler asked us if it was allowed and we said its okay" and don't admit its even slightly breaking the rules. Because yeah that tool he used did "Visually" improve the image by a long shot.

This is the first post edited screenshot (I know of) we've seen win the contest so I'm just gonna expect everyone now will need to use tools such as those to stand a chance in the future.
These belong in the artwork contests. Hell, put a cheap GUNETWORK in the corner and you can make it the banner.

-Julius Caesar

Q: Can you teach me how to rig? - A: Perhaps this will help:
Back to top Go down
Hauki is a kala

Hauki is a kala

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Screenshot Contest   Fallout Screenshot Contest - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 1:36 am

@"stormer361" Ok so from what I gathered is that the rule is that you can use external software for taking a screenshot, as long as it's used before the screenshot is actually taken. An example of this would be Nvidia's Ansel tools which don't work for every game but im sure there are similar tools for other games aswell, which changes the way the GAME looks like and not the screenshot. While software used to change the screenshot after it's taken. Now this is in line with what I had asked the admins myself in a contest that was held earlier and I was allowed to use this type of software.

For example these 3 screenshots are taken in battlefront 2 from the exact same location with different settings in the Ansel tools and are not edited after they are taken.

Normal FOV:
max FOV:
360 Panorama:

Now the 360 Panorama shot would probably need several normal FOV screenshots to cover the entire are in the panorama shot so thats what im assuming what Fidller meant by saying that he merged 3 screenshots into one. If he did go into photoshop or something similar after taking 3 separate screenshots and merged them together then that would be different story however, but if it was allowed by admins then its fine.

While I do agree that the rules could probably be better worded I don't really understand the point of going on a rant about it.

Edit: Also congratulations to the winners.
Back to top Go down
William Lionheart

William Lionheart

Character sheet
Name: William Lionheart
Faction:
Level: 56

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Screenshot Contest   Fallout Screenshot Contest - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 25, 2018 1:45 am

Well this has gone on long enough. You've said your piece, we listened, we gave feedback but you don't agree which is fine. NOBODY needs to agree with everything we said. So stop accusing people and leave it as it is: the contest isn't rigged, nobody cheated. Should we have made the statement as soon as we agreed with Fiddler? Yes we should've have, we forgot about it ,people where busy. In short WE AREN'T PERFECT. This contest had a LOT of great entries, I was starring at 18 shots I liked and picking 5 was a pain enough. Each judge has their own way of thinking on what they like and these 5 where the unanimous decision.

If you don't want to enter next contest then that's your choice, we're not forcing you.
As DVAted basically said: If you think something is wrong or don't agree with something. Come help out and fix what you think is wrong. Rather than trying to tear down the entire system.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Screenshot Contest   Fallout Screenshot Contest - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout Screenshot Contest

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4