Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Mask riot wolfenstein Superpele money boom ghoul hunk NPCs machine vault Reforged boomers Gear body Ryse mandalorian Overhaul marvel dead daryl power commonwealth khan Call gauss
Latest topics
» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Would you like an Old Republic film? Emptyby SunRonin Today at 11:19 am

» Afterlife discord
Would you like an Old Republic film? Emptyby DionysusDreams Yesterday at 4:02 pm

» How to change the UI sound fx placed by a mod?
Would you like an Old Republic film? Emptyby immortallegion Mon May 13, 2024 8:40 am

» big red exclamation marks
Would you like an Old Republic film? Emptyby teslatest Mon May 13, 2024 2:02 am

» [FNV] Menu and cursor doesnt show up
Would you like an Old Republic film? Emptyby Anesthatic Sat May 11, 2024 6:20 pm

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
Would you like an Old Republic film? Emptyby Allthis Sat May 11, 2024 4:20 am

» The Next fallout
Would you like an Old Republic film? Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 1:13 pm

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
Would you like an Old Republic film? Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 1:08 pm

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
Would you like an Old Republic film? Emptyby Luke Priefer Fri May 10, 2024 7:16 am

» Starfield
Would you like an Old Republic film? Emptyby Velken Thu May 09, 2024 12:34 pm

» Not new, but been a long time
Would you like an Old Republic film? Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 1:31 pm

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Would you like an Old Republic film? Emptyby Xehonort Thu May 02, 2024 2:33 am

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Would you like an Old Republic film? Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
Would you like an Old Republic film? Emptyby SilverInc Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:39 am

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Would you like an Old Republic film? Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:56 pm

» A long overdue introduction
Would you like an Old Republic film? Emptyby Athallah Akbar Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Would you like an Old Republic film? Emptyby Nicward Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:50 am

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Would you like an Old Republic film? Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Would you like an Old Republic film? Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Would you like an Old Republic film? Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:42 am

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Would you like an Old Republic film?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
acostsan

acostsan

Character sheet
Name: Cross
Faction: Brotherhood Of Steel
Level: 22

Would you like an Old Republic film? Empty
PostSubject: Would you like an Old Republic film?   Would you like an Old Republic film? EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 1:31 am

If this had to happen Disney would have to make the Old Republic canon ofcourse.But i think this era has so much potential for a film.
What do you think?

Back to top Go down
Chinpoko117

Chinpoko117

PostSubject: Re: Would you like an Old Republic film?   Would you like an Old Republic film? EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 1:49 am

If it's done right I'd certainly watch it. I just hope if such a film were to exist they don't shat on Revan more than he already has been by novels and the SWTOR mmo. That Revan DLC was completely unnecessary imo.

I think for the era, I'm torn between the Kotor games and the MMO's 'True Sith' Empire. The war with the Republic that lasted 30+ years before the peace treaty was signed has some story telling potential.

WAREZ

PostSubject: Re: Would you like an Old Republic film?   Would you like an Old Republic film? EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 3:57 am

A tv show of the Knights of the Old Republic comic would be awesome. Is one of my favorite comics on Star Wars. Zayne Carrick development through the entire comic is the best, and how he grows up. Is full of action, mistery, romance, ect.
I didnt really understand why Disney decided to remove the pre-movies content out of the canon, It didnt touch their future work.

Specs: Intel Core i5 2500K | MSI B3 | Corsair 4x4GB DDR3-1600 | ASUS GTX 1060 6GB VRAM | Antec Kuhler H2O 920 | SSD Corsair Neutron - 256GB + V-NAND SSD 850 EVO 500GB + HDD 500GB Barracuda | CoolerMaster GX-Series 750W | CM Storm Enforcer | Tt Challenger Pro | Steelseries Sensei | Logitech MX518 | MS XBOX 360 Wireless | Windows 10 Pro x64 | OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone Black
Back to top Go down
acostsan

acostsan

Character sheet
Name: Cross
Faction: Brotherhood Of Steel
Level: 22

PostSubject: Re: Would you like an Old Republic film?   Would you like an Old Republic film? EmptyWed Feb 07, 2018 5:31 am

@"Chinpoko117" @"WAREZ" Lets hope that we can see disney actually doing something right and bringing back the Old Republic back to life.
Back to top Go down
Riddell26

Riddell26

Character sheet
Name: Commander Doom
Faction: Grand Army of The Republic
Level: 0-3

PostSubject: Re: Would you like an Old Republic film?   Would you like an Old Republic film? EmptyThu Feb 22, 2018 12:32 am

I believe there are so many different stories from that era that would make a killing at the box office. To bad Disney won't ever do that since their modus operandi is to distance the new material as far away as possible from what star wars once was while still being "star wars". The only thing that makes these new products star wars is the setting and some names, aside from that it all reads like a bad fan fic. I'm sad at the direction star wars is being taken, its a crying shame.

"They grow up loyal to the Republic, or they don't grow up at all."
―Alpha-17
Back to top Go down
Calder_Wren

Calder_Wren

PostSubject: Re: Would you like an Old Republic film?   Would you like an Old Republic film? EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 2:35 am

Absolutely. I’m hoping that one of the two new trilogies that are being teased will be placed in the old republic era.
Back to top Go down
x1VASH1x

x1VASH1x

PostSubject: Re: Would you like an Old Republic film?   Would you like an Old Republic film? EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 4:25 am

Been saying this for years. Even people who don't know a lot about Star Wars, they come mainly because lightsabers are a automatic fascination with people. Some of the WORST Star Wars films were actually a great success financially due to large action sequences. So with those two things:
1.Lightsabers
+
2.Large action sequences
=
Huge seller.
Why?
Old Republic consisted at one point of thousands of Jedi and Sith duking it out. Especially in the Mandolorian wars.
So when you put even 100 Jedi VS 100 Sith battling on a field with both Republic troops and Mandalorian troops, we will inevitably see one of the best action sequences in Star Wars history.

CrossDesigNate

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Would you like an Old Republic film?   Would you like an Old Republic film? EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 4:34 am

A film? That would be too rushed. Lets get a Serial with maybe the same tone as 2003 battlestar Galactica and band of Brothers and boom you got yourself an award winning show... Well as long as Disney keeps their tropes and politics out of it.

Calder_Wren

PostSubject: Re: Would you like an Old Republic film?   Would you like an Old Republic film? EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 5:51 am

CrossDressiNate wrote:
A film? That would be too rushed. Lets get a Serial with maybe the same tone as 2003 battlestar Galactica and band of Brothers and boom you got yourself an award winning show... Well as long as Disney keeps their tropes and politics out of it.

I’d even watch animation along the lines of clone wars and rebels. Might even be more cost effective for them as they test out people’s interest.
Back to top Go down
CrossDesigNate

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Would you like an Old Republic film?   Would you like an Old Republic film? EmptyTue Feb 27, 2018 5:56 am

With the quality of Rebels, I think it would be a good idea to do liveCtuon for the first time. Though an 03 clone wars on adult swim would be really ducking awesome!

TBK7

PostSubject: Re: Would you like an Old Republic film?   Would you like an Old Republic film? EmptyThu Mar 01, 2018 6:42 am

I would love one. If they were to do it, I think they could probably do what they have done with Thrawn in Rebels: keep the essence the same, while changing the specifics of the original story. A new, slightly different take on the Mandolorian Wars would work great as a live-action TV show I think.

I mostly just want to see them break away from making everything so closely related to the OT. Even though I've enjoyed each of the Disney movies to some degree, I don't want to see an origin story for every single character in the OT. I'd much rather see them hire young, talented directors to come up with completely new stories and characters.
Back to top Go down
Calder_Wren

Calder_Wren

PostSubject: Re: Would you like an Old Republic film?   Would you like an Old Republic film? EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 12:51 am

I agree. I’m not against having original trilogy content but it would be great if there was at least some variety thrown in there from different eras. Hopefully the two new trilogies that were announced will deliver in that regard.
Back to top Go down
praising

praising

Character sheet
Name: Elmos Preisley
Faction: Randall & Associates
Level: 42

PostSubject: Re: Would you like an Old Republic film?   Would you like an Old Republic film? EmptyFri Mar 02, 2018 3:52 am

Well, there's literally a shit ton of material for Star Wars movies, be it one set during the Old Republic or not. And I'd honestly like to have some great movies set in the Star Wars universe. But since Lucas sold the "universe" to Disney, I highly doubt that there will ever be any good Star Wars movie ever again, in my opinion. I really didn't like the 7th, and I haven't even seen the 8th cause I know I won't like it either. My point is, Disney is in it for the money, and only for the money, and they will probably try to milk the cow as much as they can before people gets tired of seeing a new Star Wars related movie every year, kinda like Marvel (it can only go so far before people get tired at seeing pretty much the same movies over and over again). So an Old Republic movie is entirely possible, like I said, Disney will milk the cow dry, so why not a movie set in that era, if it brings back money. But if it happens I will most likely not like it. In my opinion the people producing the Star Wars at disney, have no idea what makes a good movie (and just because the 7th broke some box office records doesn't necessarily mean it's a good movie, I mean the latest Fast and Furious movies made a lot of money too, but they are certainly not unforgettable and legendary movies). So, as much as I's like to see new movies set in the SW universe, as long as Disney is behind it, I will not like them, because I truly believe they have no idea how to make a good movie. Which is a damn shame, cause SW is really an incredible universe in itself, with lots and lots of material for good movies.
Hope I didn't hurt anyone feelings with this rant, but yea, for me Disney has definitely killed SW and my hopes for an incredibly good SW movie in the future are close to none.

Old Republic movie made by passionate people who know what cinema is, 10/10 I would like to see it.
Old Republic movie made by greedy Disney, 10/10 I will never like it.

Calder_Wren

PostSubject: Re: Would you like an Old Republic film?   Would you like an Old Republic film? EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 1:53 am

I think the reason 7 did so well was purely because it was the first Star Wars movie since episode 3. I saw it but didn’t really enjoy the story as it felt strangely similar to A New Hope. From what I hear, episode 8 didn’t do as well as the last one. I think that’s because when some people gave the last one a chance they came away disappointed. I haven’t even seen the last one yet. I didn’t get the urge to like with the Lucas films.
Back to top Go down
WAREZ

WAREZ

PostSubject: Re: Would you like an Old Republic film?   Would you like an Old Republic film? EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 3:06 am

It wasnt strangely similiar, it was exactly the same. Just check the Honest Trailer of Episode 7.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs3sVrm_W4o

Specs: Intel Core i5 2500K | MSI B3 | Corsair 4x4GB DDR3-1600 | ASUS GTX 1060 6GB VRAM | Antec Kuhler H2O 920 | SSD Corsair Neutron - 256GB + V-NAND SSD 850 EVO 500GB + HDD 500GB Barracuda | CoolerMaster GX-Series 750W | CM Storm Enforcer | Tt Challenger Pro | Steelseries Sensei | Logitech MX518 | MS XBOX 360 Wireless | Windows 10 Pro x64 | OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone Black
Back to top Go down
Calder_Wren

Calder_Wren

PostSubject: Re: Would you like an Old Republic film?   Would you like an Old Republic film? EmptySat Mar 03, 2018 5:29 am

WAREZ wrote:
It wasnt strangely similiar, it was exactly the same.

I won’t argue with you, I was just trying not to sound too critical  Would you like an Old Republic film? 1f604
Back to top Go down
Reece Field

Reece Field

Character sheet
Name: Reece Field
Faction: NCR
Level: 34

PostSubject: Re: Would you like an Old Republic film?   Would you like an Old Republic film? EmptyThu Mar 08, 2018 6:34 am

While yes I would like to see an Old Republic film, however, I would rather see a live-action TV series for a change. The when and where within the time wouldn't bother me but something I would like to pitch would be at the start of the MMO time frame. This would allow for the viewers to get acquainted with the time period and the political climate as well as seeing the transition of an uneasy peace to a full-scale war. The Protagonist could be a plethora of things however I wouldn't like to see it be a force user. A member of a special forces unit would be a good pick for me, you could even call them "Havok Squad". This would allow the show to have action sequences on a smaller scale as well as have said action sequences during the "peace" between the Republic and the Empire. The tone could also be darker which is what the fan base has been crying out for years to have. Deep Space Nine is a good example of transitioning from peace to wartime and allows you to grow attached to the characters and their plight which could be the same for this TV show. This is just what I would like to see because it allows smaller character moments as well as the big set pieces. I would also like to see what kind of aesthetic Disney would go for because I am not a lover of the KOTOR design of both factions.

As for the new films which you have been discussing I am also mixed. The Force Awakens for me was a great Star Wars film, however, the Last Jedi was disappointing for me. The Last Jedi main issue for people I believe is
Spoiler:

Last edited by Reece Field on Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXeGf-wgDNpgTpsd8zeUiSw?view_as
Calder_Wren

Calder_Wren

PostSubject: Re: Would you like an Old Republic film?   Would you like an Old Republic film? EmptySat Mar 10, 2018 7:50 am

Reece Field wrote:
I would also like to see what kind of aesthetic Disney would go for because I am not a lover of the KOTOR design of both factions

I agree in regards to swtor, but I do think the kotor I-II designs were prettt cool. If they do something different I’d like them to base it off of the first two games at least. The sith triumvirate Armor and mandalorian Armor from the first game are among my favorite in all of Star Wars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you like an Old Republic film?   Would you like an Old Republic film? Empty

Back to top Go down

Would you like an Old Republic film?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1