Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Mask money body commonwealth vault machine riot boomers power daryl marvel dead boom mandalorian Gear Reforged Ryse wolfenstein Overhaul Call NPCs khan gauss Superpele ghoul hunk
Latest topics
» Announcement: The Winds of Change
What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ? Emptyby Luke Priefer Yesterday at 11:16 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ? Emptyby Luke Priefer Yesterday at 8:43 pm

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ? Emptyby RockstarAC16 Yesterday at 10:12 am

» Starfield
What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ? Emptyby Velken Yesterday at 4:34 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ? Emptyby scrab20 Wed May 08, 2024 4:18 pm

» Not new, but been a long time
What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ? Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 5:31 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ? Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 6:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ? Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ? Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ? Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ? Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ? Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ? Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ? Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ? Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 am

» Hello from nexus
What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ? Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:06 pm

» The Next fallout
What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ? Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:52 am

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Schwarzbart

Schwarzbart

What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ? Empty
PostSubject: What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ?   What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ? EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 10:02 am

Hello GUN community,

I am a big fan of the Fallout franchise, especially FO NV and I love mods that make the game more hardcore/survivallike.

I wonder what are your opinions about the DUST mod, if you have any experience with it.

For me personal, I love this mod, it turn NV into a deadly trap with a deep immersion in the game. I really like the fact, that tunnlers are roaming the mojave dessert, it makes sense lore and gameplay wise ^^.

Yeah thats my opinion/thoughts about the mod, let me tell yours Smile

With kind regards

Schwarzbart
Back to top Go down
Modbrah

Modbrah

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ?   What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ? EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 12:29 pm

Dust started off cool, but felt cheap and annoying after a while. The hostile humans were good, but they made the sleep,eat,drink "needs" system unrealistic to point of artificial difficulty. Tunnelers and their godlike senses weren't implemented well. The conflicts with alot of other mods was a problem. Modding New Vegas to be more hardcore without the depressing atmosphere of Dust was a better choose than getting the mod IMO.
Back to top Go down
The Rabid Dog

The Rabid Dog

Character sheet
Name: Niko
Faction: Myself
Level: Over 9000 Chromosomes

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ?   What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ? EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 1:55 pm

Once i tried a DUST playtrough, i created my character and stuff, but.. 

When i got out of the start shack and after a few steps forward i noticed, not too far away (on the right from the shack) a group of like.. 3 or 5 deathclaws(? more or less, and i tried to sneak out of they sight  B U T . . .

Before i notice, i was being attacked by fucking Cazadores that were on the other side (left from the shack) i tried to run or at least cripple their wings but it was useless, after that i tried like one or two times to play with DUST but then i said "Fuck this". Too much hardcore for me lol.

I know that if i set my mind into that, i could play it, but it'll be too much effort with a LOT of game-saves, and too little enjoyment.

Schwarzbart

Schwarzbart

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ?   What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ? EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 2:59 pm

@"ElMaldito" Well that does not sound to nice What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ? 1f605
The game balane feels really off sometimes, thats true...
Back to top Go down
Posterize4VC

Posterize4VC

Character sheet
Name: Chef Vortivask
Faction: N/A
Level: 999

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ?   What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ? EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 6:58 pm

I think the lore and the little bits of story that are sprinkled throughout are awesome. Very creepy atmosphere as well.

Azreg

Character sheet
Name: Cole Phelps
Faction: LAPD
Level: 14

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ?   What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ? EmptySun Jan 14, 2018 7:57 pm

I finished a DUST playthrough just a few days ago and it's been great. I love how it captures the essence of surviving, struggling and being the prey instead of the hunter. However there are a few things I wish it expanded on.

First of all, I wish there was a few more traders or settlements instead of running around from town to town mowing hostile people down. I wish there were a few quests here and there, with some that explain what happened to NPCs and familiar people, maybe even encounter a few of them.
I really hoped there would be companions, new unique ones with their own stories.
I was also a little bit disappointed with the lack of unique textures, especially in Honest Hearts, no spoilers :p
And finally, the endings. Adding a few more possible ways to escape the mojave wouldn't hurt.
Anyway, it's still a fantastic mod and people should give it a try.
Me, I started Obscurum Pandemic. So far so good. Cheers everyone!

Last Cascade

Last Cascade

Character sheet
Name: Watkins
Faction: Brotherhood Of Steel
Level: 13

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ?   What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ? EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 12:13 am

Oh, DUST. Where to start?
It's a great experience, but might drive you to the edge of rage quit if you don't adapt quickly.
The difficulty is well balanced, you can't just burst into a town guns blazing like you'd do in vanilla, but on the other hand, enemies have so much exploitable weak points it's hilarious... As long you don't forget: so do you.

The lore, well... What can I say that hasn't been said already?
Well written, not so well thought if I may say so.
I, personally, feel it's a bit too much Pro-NCR. Now, don't get me wrong, the NCR in DUST seems to have done a lot of really, really messed up stuff within the Mojave, and definitely left it's (their?) footprint.

But, I find it a bit unrealistic that everyone crumbled around them, while they kept their ground. Maybe it was necessary for the story, seeing how vicious they've become, I certainly don't know.

But anyway, hell'u'va mod, challenging as hell and incredibly well put.

pecos1

pecos1

Character sheet
Name: Mean Sonofagun
Faction: Caesar's Legion
Level: Super Mutant Legionary

PostSubject: Very interesting concept   What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ? EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 7:09 am

I havn't played Dust in too long, but I can say I enjoyed the aspect of "everything in the Mojave going to crap" (Which seems to be a common option for the endings to fnv)

The mod gives New Vegas an essence of real life survival in a torn apart wasteland (though I did end up downloading the fast travel option for this mod because walking was too inconvenient for me XD)

Though I wish the mod offered some dialogue options to really contribute to the story essence, because talking to small bands of faction remnants would be really interesting rather then them just attacking you. Like if you could go assist the Brotherhood in Camp Searchlight or the NCR in one of their strongholds.

I personally LOVED the endings that you could achieve. (well maybe the plane one was ok) *Spoiler about ending here* The way they implemented the factions and dlc into the 20 year later Mojave was very interesting to see.

My only complaint would be the tad lack of guidance for what to do other than survive, as well as the lack of any interaction with other people or factions. Other than that, I would give this mod an 8/10 for succeeding in giving a true survival, dark, withered Mojave experience that is very interesting to play for FNV veterans. Thumbs Up

Also Hi I'm new here Big Hello Smiley
Back to top Go down
Furente7

Furente7

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ?   What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ? EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 9:06 am

I think Obscurum is better (despite the lag).

But since this is about Dust, I won't compare it. But Dust feels kind of empty to me, just as empty as vanilla FNV. I get that it's meant to be a "lonesome survivor"-type scenario, but I'd prefer if things other than hunger/thirst were trying to kill me at most points.

The tunnelers were great, but there should have been more of them. Way more of them. Maybe even a script that spawns 20 around you when you encounter one in the wasteland (so you don't degrade performance with spawn point spam)

But the one thing I do love is that everyone is hostile. We need more mods/games like this. You rely on yourself, and yourself alone. No vendors, no doctors, no friendly NPCs to help you fight. The way it should have been (from a sandbox perspective ofc. RIP quests)
Back to top Go down
Redmaus

Redmaus

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ?   What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ? EmptyWed Jan 31, 2018 6:42 pm

Wow I had no idea Dust or Obscurum even existed until I came to this site. Great that my eyes are now open to more mods Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ?   What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is your opinion/experience about FNV Dust MOD ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1