Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
daryl money riot dead NPCs mandalorian body Superpele Call khan commonwealth vault power hunk boomers Overhaul Ryse boom ghoul gauss Mask Gear Reforged machine wolfenstein marvel
Latest topics
» [FNV] Menu and cursor doesnt show up
New CC breaks F4SE again - Page 2 Emptyby Anesthatic Yesterday at 4:20 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
New CC breaks F4SE again - Page 2 Emptyby Allthis Fri May 10, 2024 2:20 pm

» Afterlife discord
New CC breaks F4SE again - Page 2 Emptyby fil0000 Fri May 10, 2024 5:57 am

» The Next fallout
New CC breaks F4SE again - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Thu May 09, 2024 11:13 pm

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
New CC breaks F4SE again - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Thu May 09, 2024 11:08 pm

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
New CC breaks F4SE again - Page 2 Emptyby Luke Priefer Thu May 09, 2024 5:16 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
New CC breaks F4SE again - Page 2 Emptyby Luke Priefer Thu May 09, 2024 2:43 pm

» Starfield
New CC breaks F4SE again - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Wed May 08, 2024 10:34 pm

» Not new, but been a long time
New CC breaks F4SE again - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Fri May 03, 2024 11:31 pm

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
New CC breaks F4SE again - Page 2 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 12:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
New CC breaks F4SE again - Page 2 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
New CC breaks F4SE again - Page 2 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:39 am

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
New CC breaks F4SE again - Page 2 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
New CC breaks F4SE again - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
New CC breaks F4SE again - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
New CC breaks F4SE again - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
New CC breaks F4SE again - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
New CC breaks F4SE again - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
New CC breaks F4SE again - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
New CC breaks F4SE again - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:06 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

New CC breaks F4SE again

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
IRORIEH

IRORIEH

Character sheet
Name: Booker
Faction: The highest bidder
Level: 21

New CC breaks F4SE again - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New CC breaks F4SE again   New CC breaks F4SE again - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2017 8:56 pm

I'm not getting your point because you're flip flopping and not being clear. You complained about people complaining then said it was justified.

I'm complaining about over complaining. That is my point, was my point and remains my point, I'm not flip flopping. If anything, you've been worse at that than me. You saying you don't get my point is a defence because you're attempting to self validate. It's not flip flopping for me to say you're justified in being annoyed, but should probably reel it back. I'd also believe you're justified in shooting someone who attacks you with intent, but if you unload a clip into him, I think you've took things way too far. Same concept.

Deleting them won't break the game. They are BSA files you have no esp for. There's a solution. If you don't wanna take it, that's fine. All i'm saying is there's a way to circumvent the files which is a huge source of complaints. You don't wanna do it? Fine, but that also means that complaining about the forced file download isn't an issue you can't solve. If you just want to complain, that's fine, but don't attack me for calling you out on it.

Back to top Go down
Wertologist

Wertologist

PostSubject: Re: New CC breaks F4SE again   New CC breaks F4SE again - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2017 9:08 pm

@IRORIEH But nobody here was over complaining so you're just berating us for something we didn't do. You actually did flip flop a bit. First you complained about it and then said it was justified that people complained. That's flip flopping.

>If anything, you've been worse at that than me. You saying you don't get my point is a defence because you're attempting to self validate.

No, I didn't get your point because you were complaining to people for something they didn't do. I did not flip flop so I don't get why you're saying I am.

>I'd also believe you're justified in shooting someone who attacks you with intent, but if you unload a clip into him, I think you've took things way too far. Same concept.

But again, nobody here was "going too far" or over exaggerating so berating us for it is uncalled for.

>There's a solution. If you don't wanna take it, that's fine.

Again, I never asked for a solution. I was voicing my frustration and how I want them to just not have CC.

>If you just want to complain, that's fine, but don't attack me for calling you out on it.

Except you weren't "calling me out". You were actually complaining about people complaining in a rather hostile way. Nor was I "attacking you" for it. I never even attempted to hide that I was complaining so "calling me out" is redundant. It wasn't a secret. I'm complaining about CC and how they keep forcing downloads on me which breaks my mods. No need to tell me that's what I'm doing.
Back to top Go down
TheRatDragon

TheRatDragon

Character sheet
Name: Matthew
Faction: USMC
Level: Applicant

PostSubject: Re: New CC breaks F4SE again   New CC breaks F4SE again - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2017 9:41 pm

Of course it breaks F4SE again.

I have the odd feeling Bethesda really doesn't want us to experience free mods. They want us all under the banner of paid mods.

F*ck that. Until they get their sh*t together, I don't think I'll be playing Fallout 4. The Script Extender for every game since Oblivion has been an absolute must and a requirement for most mods in Bethesda games. While I have no doubt Bethesda supports mods, can't they somehow work with the F4SE guys? I thought they said they would coordinate with them.

I guess that never happened.

New CC breaks F4SE again - Page 2 Tenor
Back to top Go down
SentinelHunter

SentinelHunter

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: New CC breaks F4SE again   New CC breaks F4SE again - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2017 10:26 pm

I would be somewhat okay and just not update my game until F4SE and all the mods I use with it were updated, but I'm afraid that because of this, the SE team will stop updating F4SE and mod authors will stop updating their mods to work with the new versions of FO4. Like, why can't it just be an optional thing? Like, make it so you get CC like you would any DLC, by going to the store. Thankfully I've made it a habit to check my downloads every time I open steam so I can stop it from updating.

My Mods:
Back to top Go down
Wertologist

Wertologist

PostSubject: Re: New CC breaks F4SE again   New CC breaks F4SE again - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 1:35 am

@SentinelHunter How do you even stop the updates? I tried to go into the options for Steam and it doesn't let me prevent updates for FO4. I can stop ALL updates for all games or none.
Back to top Go down
piet33

piet33

PostSubject: Re: New CC breaks F4SE again   New CC breaks F4SE again - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 8:05 am

Right click in the steam library, click on properties. In the update section choose " only update at start". This prevents the automatic update, and as long as you start your Fallout through the F4SE.exe it will be fine. I think this is the only way to keep your Fallout 4 from auto-updating without the use of backups (except being offline i guess).
Back to top Go down
SentinelHunter

SentinelHunter

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: New CC breaks F4SE again   New CC breaks F4SE again - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 10:57 am

@Wertologist Just in the downloads page you pause it, then there should be an X to just cancel it. It'll stay there, but your game shouldn't update.

EDIT: Also make sure to run the game in F4SE. This should help just in case FO4 tries to launch through steam: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/24995/?

My Mods:
Back to top Go down
Eikeegi

Eikeegi

PostSubject: Re: New CC breaks F4SE again   New CC breaks F4SE again - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 23, 2017 10:27 pm

Wertologist wrote:
@SentinelHunter How do you even stop the updates? I tried to go into the options for Steam and it doesn't let me prevent updates for FO4. I can stop ALL updates for all games or none.

That's how  it is for me   - Copying my post from different forums.  And apologies about my English skills, or rather lack of it.

1. Tell Steam update only, when you launch the game. the exact option looks like this (its skyrim screen, but same thing anyway) :
Screen of steam settings:

Then depending of your mod manager  your UI should look like this

I.e. NMM :
screen of NMM:

or MO2
screen of MO2:

Then just (I always don't, but some say you must, so lets play safe) launch your mod manager as admin, press your "start custom" or "start F4se"  and enjoy Smile   Steam would have this showing :
Tiny Steam screen:

But since you technically never launch the game via launcher, or steam - steam  does not update.

And if you accidentally muck something up, just pause the update manually on steam UI. In this case it would not proceed ever again either. It's not something I've done, but I saw posts and screens of people doing it.

For me personally has never been moment, when F4se  doesn't work for me,  I do steam updates when I see fit (i.e. 1.10 I did because of curiosity and after F4se was updated to it as well). Sometimes  I  skip even several patches at time. Like I did not know whatever happened between 1.4 and 1.7. (I think it was 1.4, dont recall, ups!) F4SE always blocked updates for me while my steam has always been online.

Now people, who do not use F4SE, there's a trick too. Replace fo4 launcher with something else ... i.e. with Fallout 4 Configuration Tool, would have same effect and stop Steam  updating.Updates are not stopped because of particular F4SE functions, but because F4ES bypassing FO launcher and game launchers are what Steam uses to detect if you and when you started game. So any method that stops this little .exe from starting and goes directly to game works.

I do know about 4-5 other methods to stop Steam updating from tricking Steam to think game is not installed to other small tidbits, but I've found that F4se/launcher method is simplest and  quickest.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New CC breaks F4SE again   New CC breaks F4SE again - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New CC breaks F4SE again

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2