Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
vault khan mandalorian body Reforged power Mask boom Call ghoul money gauss Superpele boomers daryl dead marvel NPCs riot Gear machine Overhaul hunk commonwealth wolfenstein Ryse
Latest topics
» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 Emptyby SunRonin Today at 2:19 am

» Afterlife discord
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 Emptyby DionysusDreams Yesterday at 7:02 am

» How to change the UI sound fx placed by a mod?
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 Emptyby immortallegion Sun May 12, 2024 11:40 pm

» big red exclamation marks
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 Emptyby teslatest Sun May 12, 2024 5:02 pm

» [FNV] Menu and cursor doesnt show up
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 Emptyby Anesthatic Sat May 11, 2024 9:20 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 Emptyby Allthis Fri May 10, 2024 7:20 pm

» The Next fallout
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 4:13 am

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 4:08 am

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 Emptyby Luke Priefer Thu May 09, 2024 10:16 pm

» Starfield
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Thu May 09, 2024 3:34 am

» Not new, but been a long time
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 4:31 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 5:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:42 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

What keeps you playing Fallout?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
tgpomy

tgpomy

What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 12:59 am

How do you guys balance all of the weapon mods though? Many of them have conflicting/overwriting animations that make certain weapons look strange when firing, aiming, reloading, etc...I haven't figured out a way to manage that yet.
Back to top Go down
Chaosyn

Chaosyn

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 1:06 am

The mods keep me playing. VGU,mod creators and mod reviewers keep my interest going.
Also having the GECK back has made me consider making my own stuff someday...
Back to top Go down
MrKizer

MrKizer

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 1:25 am

the modding community.. 100% no dough. I have like 500+hours into NV and have yet to "beat the game" really.
Back to top Go down
noodles1976

noodles1976

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 2:04 am

tgpomy wrote:
How do you guys balance all of the weapon mods though?  Many of them have conflicting/overwriting animations that make certain weapons look strange when firing, aiming, reloading, etc...I haven't figured out a way to manage that yet.

Quite simply, just choose the weapon mods that use the animation replacer you prefer and stick with them. If a new weapon mod comes along and it requires a different one from the one you're using, do you really want to bork up all the mods that use your current one by installing it? Honestly, I just read the description and if it says I need something different from what I've got installed, I pass on it...no matter how cool it is. Besides, most weapon mods are just slightly varied versions of weapons I already have installed in the first place.

Unfortunately, you have to make some compromises due to there not being a 'standardized' replacer that all weapon mod makers use for their guns. Sorry for not being more helpful here, but ultimately it's up to you to decide what is a 'must have' and a 'must pass' when it comes to this stuff.

N~dles

CapnCurbStomp

CapnCurbStomp

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 2:59 pm

The mods and community.
I keep coming back with tons of different mods every now and then, but i always pick a little roleplay character to keep things exciting for me so i don't get too bored out with it, lol.

Cush

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 3:10 pm

The dream that one day, with enough mods, it might become an enjoyable game.

That day has never come.
Back to top Go down
donta1979

donta1979

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 5:35 pm

Mod, Community, no other game these days holds a candle to it in terms of an open world single player play style. The ability to change the game and see other peoples ideas, have over 800 hours in New Vegas and well over 1000 hours in FO3.

tgpomy

tgpomy

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 6:50 pm

donta1979 wrote:
Mod, Community, no other game these days holds a candle to it in terms of an open world single player play style. The ability to change the game and see other peoples ideas, have over 800 hours in New Vegas and well over 1000 hours in FO3.
Woah, that's pretty remarkable. I had around 300 in each before I stopped playing. If I get mod access/returned to Veteran status here, I plan on increasing each by around 300 more due to the sheer amount of good mods I assume are hidden here.
Back to top Go down
Milo80

Milo80

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 7:30 pm

I've been playing the franchise for like 15 years ,since I was a kid. they are my favourite games bar none. The bethesda games, even if they don't quite equal the first two on many points, are pretty damn good anyways, just different, and with modding , the sky is the limit. I don't really plan on stopping playing fallout anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
tgpomy

tgpomy

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 8:13 pm

I still don't have access to my PC as of now, but I just watched lots of recent gameplay videos that reminded me of why I miss the game so much. Shooting mutants in the middle of the wasteland with classic 40's and 50's music in the background. Absolutely epic to see such oxymoronic things. Happy music despite everything else being so harsh and brutal.
Back to top Go down
FoVet20

FoVet20

Character sheet
Name: Cain Reaver
Faction: none
Level: 167

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 27, 2014 11:57 pm

the nostalgic feeling it gives me remembering playing fallout 1 for the first time in 1999 on a computer powered by hopes because the thing would shut itself down if you moved the mouse to fast closed eyes smile i only began modding fallout 3 and NV around 2 years ago and i have to say i always play it because of my fellow modders such as the great people on this website Smile lets all go celebrate over a decade of the Bethesda modding community Party Car Smile
Back to top Go down
tgpomy

tgpomy

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 12:30 am

falloutveteran20 wrote:
the nostalgic feeling it gives me remembering playing fallout 1 for the first time in 1999 on a computer powered by hopes because the thing would shut itself down if you moved the mouse to fast closed eyes smile i only began modding fallout 3 and NV around 2 years ago and i have to say i always play it because of my fellow modders such as the great people on this website Smile lets all go celebrate over a decade of the Bethesda modding community  Party Car Smile

Lol without the modding community, Bethesda games would be buggy messes.
Back to top Go down
Hoppyhead

Hoppyhead

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 5:39 am

I keep playing to try the story as different characters in similar situations. They just have different personalities and make different choices. One character is a psychopath that looks out for himself, another wants to be rich and famous so he helps write a certain book and takes over the lucky 38 and other business adventures, another one is a Bounty Hunter version of Deathstroke, ect.
Some are male some are female this keeps me playing as well as all the different and new mods.
Really if it weren't for mods the game would probably get old.

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 6:07 am

Fallout 3 for me is just a big modding sandbox and I'm at a point of being able to add just about anything I want to it.  No other game (save for Oblivion perhaps) really offers me that.
Back to top Go down
pizzamonster94

pizzamonster94

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 2:05 pm

Tesvixen wrote:
Fallout 3 for me is just a big modding sandbox and I'm at a point of being able to add just about anything I want to it.  No other game (save for Oblivion perhaps) really offers me that.

And Garry's Mod Wink

I agree with your point, the only limits are GECK mastery and Script programming knowledge and our own Imagination Vault boy Smile

Back to top Go down
axShifty

axShifty

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 2:15 pm

Just the vast amount of things I can do, build, kill, etc.

Fallout 3 was the spark that got me In to New Vegas,
Oblivion was a long time love of mine as well.

It's just sometimes nice playing alone rather than
those who just live to annoy you.

- Omar Bradley
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 2:22 pm

pizzamonster94 wrote:
Tesvixen wrote:

And Garry's Mod Wink

I agree with your point, the only limits are GECK mastery and Script programming knowledge and our own Imagination Vault boy Smile

Personally I couldn't care less about GM. It has no story, context or atmosphere (at all)... and spawning a bunch of random Mario/Half-Life/Halo models into a bland, disassociated level is about as far from proper modding as it gets in my eyes.

Great tool for screenshots and things, sure, but otherwise? I'll pass.
Back to top Go down
donta1979

donta1979

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 2:36 pm

Tesvixen wrote:
pizzamonster94 wrote:
Tesvixen wrote:

And Garry's Mod Wink

Personally I couldn't care less about GM.  It has no story, context or atmosphere (at all)... and spawning a bunch of random Mario/Half-Life/Halo models into a bland, disassociated level is about as far from proper modding as it gets in my eyes.

Great tool for screenshots and things, sure, but otherwise?  I'll pass.

+1

FoVet20

FoVet20

Character sheet
Name: Cain Reaver
Faction: none
Level: 167

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 3:15 pm

Tesvixen wrote:
pizzamonster94 wrote:
Tesvixen wrote:

And Garry's Mod Wink

Personally I couldn't care less about GM.  It has no story, context or atmosphere (at all)... and spawning a bunch of random Mario/Half-Life/Halo models into a bland, disassociated level is about as far from proper modding as it gets in my eyes.

i couldn't agree with you more vixen GM will always just be a boring "sandbox" ( i quote from a description it was given )it has absolutely no benefit over fallout modding its way to confined and has such a narrow path of entertainment which to me is Zero
Back to top Go down
pizzamonster94

pizzamonster94

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 5:16 pm

falloutveteran20 wrote:
Tesvixen wrote:
pizzamonster94 wrote:
Tesvixen wrote:

And Garry's Mod Wink

i couldn't agree with you more vixen GM will always just be a boring "sandbox" ( i quote from a description it was given )it has absolutely no benefit over fallout modding its way to confined and has such a narrow path of entertainment which to me is Zero

in fact i talked about GM as a big sandbox, that's it.
but you can do some interesting stuff in it if you know how to use it...or so i guess ( i don't have it so i am not completely sure ), at least there's no plot or atmosphere (style or whatever) boundaries and you can do pratically anything in it with ease, instead in fallout it's more difficult but more satisfying.
My thoughts about GM
Spoiler:
But enough with GM closed eyes smile let's talk about fallout:
I just entered the modding world and the concept of asctually masking things like i want with unlimited potential is what keeps me in this game now and forever (or at least a very long time Wink )

Last edited by pizzamonster94 on Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What keeps you playing Fallout?   What keeps you playing Fallout? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What keeps you playing Fallout?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next