Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
power daryl boom money mandalorian NPCs gauss machine ghoul khan boomers commonwealth body riot Call Reforged wolfenstein Gear Mask vault hunk Ryse marvel Overhaul dead Superpele
Latest topics
» Afterlife discord
The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout? Emptyby VenomOfGod Today at 5:30 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout? Emptyby HunterWorld Yesterday at 3:57 am

» How to change the UI sound fx placed by a mod?
The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout? Emptyby immortallegion Mon May 13, 2024 12:40 am

» big red exclamation marks
The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout? Emptyby teslatest Sun May 12, 2024 6:02 pm

» [FNV] Menu and cursor doesnt show up
The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout? Emptyby Anesthatic Sat May 11, 2024 10:20 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout? Emptyby Allthis Fri May 10, 2024 8:20 pm

» The Next fallout
The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout? Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 5:13 am

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout? Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 5:08 am

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout? Emptyby Luke Priefer Thu May 09, 2024 11:16 pm

» Starfield
The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout? Emptyby Velken Thu May 09, 2024 4:34 am

» Not new, but been a long time
The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout? Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 5:31 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout? Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 6:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout? Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout? Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout? Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout? Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout? Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout? Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout? Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout? Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 am

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JarJarSlayer

JarJarSlayer

The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout? Empty
PostSubject: The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout?   The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout? EmptyFri Jun 30, 2017 11:01 am

What’s the most surreal, out there and downright inexplicable glitch you’ve ever encountered in any of the Fallout games, old or new? Not something mundane like clipping issues but times where the game starts to act up in such kooky, bizarre and downright nonsensical ways that it defies any reasonable explanation?

My latest play through of Tale of Two Wastelands took a turn into David Lynch-land when I woke up in Doc Mitchel’s office. Old Mole-Butt was there as usual. All two of him. One Doc was sat on his seat while the other hovered ominously behind him, asking the usual questions.

Part of what baffles me is how isolated this moment was. The rest of my game’s been bug free so I have no idea why whatever this glitch was only affected Mitchell. And the most surreal aspect of all is how well the game continued to function despite it. Normally I’d expect a bug that spawned two of the same NPC’s would create a right cluster **** as they both tried awkwardly to perform the same script. But instead Michell2 patiently waited for his clone to help me to my feet. Mitchell 1 remained silent as the other one did the dialogue duties. The whole incident felt more like something the scene had been thought out and preprogramed before rather than just a scripting mess up. Sadly I will likely take this mystery to me grave (Perhaps Mitch paid a visit to Vault 108 during his travels).

Another time I assasinated Mr Burke and proceeded to defuse the Megaton bomb. 20 levels later I took out an Talon Company ambush only to find them carrying an order for my elimination signed by a ghostly Burke.
Back to top Go down
xxitsapotatoxx

xxitsapotatoxx

Character sheet
Name: Noah
Faction: NCR
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout?   The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout? EmptyWed Aug 02, 2017 2:14 am

JarJarSlayer wrote:
What’s the most surreal, out there and downright inexplicable glitch you’ve ever encountered in any of the Fallout games, old or new? Not something mundane like clipping issues but times where the game starts to act up in such kooky, bizarre and downright nonsensical ways that it defies any reasonable explanation?

My latest play through of Tale of Two Wastelands took a turn into David Lynch-land when I woke up in Doc Mitchel’s office. Old Mole-Butt was there as usual. All two of him. One Doc was sat on his seat while the other hovered ominously behind him, asking the usual questions.

Part of what baffles me is how isolated this moment was. The rest of my game’s been bug free so I have no idea why whatever this glitch was only affected Mitchell. And the most surreal aspect of all is how well the game continued to function despite it. Normally I’d expect a bug that spawned two of the same NPC’s would create a right cluster **** as they both tried awkwardly to perform the same script. But instead Michell2 patiently waited for his clone to help me to my feet. Mitchell 1 remained silent as the other one did the dialogue duties. The whole incident felt more like something the scene had been thought out and preprogramed before rather than just a scripting mess up. Sadly I will likely take this mystery to me grave (Perhaps Mitch paid a visit to Vault 108 during his travels).

Another time I assasinated Mr Burke and proceeded to defuse the Megaton bomb. 20 levels later I took out an Talon Company ambush only to find them carrying an order for my elimination signed by a ghostly Burke.

I had one glitch where I got stuck in the floor and not even tcl got me out of it... Had to restart from level 30...

stoobygacks

Character sheet
Name: Stooby of the Gacks
Faction: New California Republic
Level: FL360

PostSubject: Re: The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout?   The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout? EmptyWed Aug 02, 2017 3:09 am

@JarJarSlayer I had a strange glitch with ol' Doc Mitchel as well. I was playing on the PC and I had just loaded up a brand new game and I was ready to conquer the Mojave. I had just come to after taking a bullet to the head and I look up and a saw the kindly old doctor. But his head...it was doing this 360 around his chest to the top again. His face was calm and collected but his neck was long and rubbery, and his head moved around and around. All while this was happening, his eyes where fixated on me. Not only me, but who I really was. Deep down at the center of my soul. This went on and on and on. A run on the vigor tester, the Rorschach test and medical history. It was strange. And as a travel the Mojave, I still remember that old man with the neck and piercing eyes.

tl;dr Doc Mitchel might not be human...

Back to top Go down
joshwist55

joshwist55

Character sheet
Name: Andrew M. Rockefeller
Faction: NCR
Level: 37

PostSubject: Re: The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout?   The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout? EmptyWed Aug 02, 2017 3:20 am

My first and most weirdest glitch is when you kill an enemy then have a random chance that it will spasm out and start stretching and flying and ughhhhhh man gives me the shakes on the spine on how it tries to follow and attack you. However, it did make me rage to death due to taking my unique weapon with it so its a win lose situation.

zombaslaya360

PostSubject: Re: The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout?   The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout? EmptyWed Aug 02, 2017 3:27 am

In new vegas during the Ultra Lux Quest. The hostage would randomly crouch down and not move at all unless if you pushed him to his father.
Back to top Go down
PresidentWalru5

PresidentWalru5

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout?   The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout? EmptyWed Aug 02, 2017 11:40 pm

I had a weird one today actually, I was in the REPCONN HQ and I reached the third floor and the security alarm went off releasing the sentry bots, I knew this was pretty normal and all I had to do was kill them and carry on…..apart from I couldn’t, every shot and projectile passed straight through them and all the time I was trying to get at least one hit on them they were firing away taking most of my health away also. In the end i went into god mode and went up to one seeing if point blank attacks could do anything, nothing happened so I just killed them in the console. Not entirely sure what caused it.
Back to top Go down
Spazcakes

Spazcakes

Character sheet
Name: Spaz
Faction: The one with nice people
Level: Twilight Harbor

PostSubject: Re: The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout?   The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout? EmptyThu Aug 03, 2017 12:52 am

In New Vegas, every time I visit the Goodsprings Cemetery, most of the Bark Scorpions I kill there fall into the ground, one half of the body is stuck somewhere in the void, while the rest of the poor bugger flails about wildly across the land, eventually the rest of its body returns from its vacation to the undiscovered country and I'm met with the lovely sight of a scorpion cartwheeling out of the ground and soaring towards the horizon. Good times!
Back to top Go down
ChuBBies1

ChuBBies1

Character sheet
Name: I'll think of one later
Faction: Uh, myself?
Level: Level? I don't need no stinking level!

PostSubject: Re: The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout?   The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout? EmptyThu Aug 03, 2017 2:02 am

When I was younger and was a console pleb( tis but a joke), I would play FNV into the wee hours of the morning. My poor PS3 could not handle the hundreds of hours I poured into the game( and still do lol). The system would often start making some god awful noises, which would often mean that bad times had befallen me. I would occasionally get a solid black sky or a the floor would just noclip sending me flying through the cosmos. The funniest glitch, however was when I was fast traveling to the GunRunners Vender, the game decided that I should take some flight lessons. I was LAUNCHED INTO THE SKY WITH SO MUCH FORCE. I was so shocked I just stared at my screen in disbelief as my character was reaching heights only Icarurs could achieve. Then came my descent... I remember looking at the ground and asking myself if I or the ground was moving. Then it hit me...It being the ground.

It was safe to say that I turned off my system and went to bed after that.

erebamagi_10

PostSubject: Re: The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout?   The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout? EmptyThu Aug 03, 2017 2:44 am

the ENB dissplacment water ditortion glitch i mean geez WTF is happening there!?

OSOK

Character sheet
Name: Jack
Faction: none
Level: 56

PostSubject: Re: The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout?   The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout? EmptyThu Aug 03, 2017 2:45 am

One time, I launched FO4 from the steam shortcut instead of the F4SE shortcut...man did that game suck for the 9 seconds I played ((((shudders at the memory))))

Kaiser Atlas

Character sheet
Name: Anthony
Faction: Highlanders
Level:

PostSubject: Re: The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout?   The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout? EmptyThu Aug 03, 2017 8:26 pm

not so much a weird glitch but a fucking game destroying one, i had no options for ''goodbye'' (exiting the conversation) in any conversation, meaning i had to type ''closeallmenus'' in the console everytime i entered a conversation, very game breaking, had to start a new save as every single one of my old saves had this glitch, the problem ended after i started a new game, still dunno what it was caused by. Sad

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout?   The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout? Empty

Back to top Go down

The weirdest Glitch you’ve encountered in Fallout?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1