Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Call daryl mandalorian hunk machine Overhaul wolfenstein gauss Ryse boom ghoul NPCs commonwealth money khan Superpele vault power body Mask boomers dead marvel Reforged Gear riot
Latest topics
» big red exclamation marks
Does Horror Work In Star Wars? - Page 2 Emptyby teslatest Today at 1:02 pm

» [FNV] Menu and cursor doesnt show up
Does Horror Work In Star Wars? - Page 2 Emptyby Anesthatic Yesterday at 5:20 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
Does Horror Work In Star Wars? - Page 2 Emptyby Allthis Fri May 10, 2024 3:20 pm

» Afterlife discord
Does Horror Work In Star Wars? - Page 2 Emptyby fil0000 Fri May 10, 2024 6:57 am

» The Next fallout
Does Horror Work In Star Wars? - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 12:13 am

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
Does Horror Work In Star Wars? - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 12:08 am

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
Does Horror Work In Star Wars? - Page 2 Emptyby Luke Priefer Thu May 09, 2024 6:16 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Does Horror Work In Star Wars? - Page 2 Emptyby Luke Priefer Thu May 09, 2024 3:43 pm

» Starfield
Does Horror Work In Star Wars? - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Wed May 08, 2024 11:34 pm

» Not new, but been a long time
Does Horror Work In Star Wars? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 12:31 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Does Horror Work In Star Wars? - Page 2 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 1:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Does Horror Work In Star Wars? - Page 2 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Does Horror Work In Star Wars? - Page 2 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Does Horror Work In Star Wars? - Page 2 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Does Horror Work In Star Wars? - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Does Horror Work In Star Wars? - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Does Horror Work In Star Wars? - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Does Horror Work In Star Wars? - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Does Horror Work In Star Wars? - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
Does Horror Work In Star Wars? - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:54 am

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Does Horror Work In Star Wars?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Judge Redd

Judge Redd

Does Horror Work In Star Wars? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does Horror Work In Star Wars?   Does Horror Work In Star Wars? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 03, 2017 7:45 pm

I would argue that Horror can work in Star Wars, due to the fact that it isnt anything new to add horror to sci-fi, and star wars isnt a stranger to using horror either. The Clone Wars had that battle of Geonosis and the Brain Worms. Like that crap was scary man. But thats not all either. You also had Mauls faith in the Clone Wars (before he's found), that was pretty scary. And then there was the Night Sisters.
Rebels has those spider things as well.
In the movies, Vader himself can be considered a horror-esque character (they give off the whole slasher feeling in Rogue One).
So yea, I believe horror can work in star wars in small doses, but dont try to make a whole Horror movie in the Star Wars Universe unless its done really right.
Back to top Go down
Wertologist

Wertologist

PostSubject: Re: Does Horror Work In Star Wars?   Does Horror Work In Star Wars? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 7:32 am

Horror has been done is Star Wars before. While it's mostly about heroic endeavors and all that jazz, there was a story about zombies. They were called Death Troopers. I haven't read it, but I know it was about some zombie virus that infected Imperial soldiers aboard a ship.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Troopers
Back to top Go down
guan12

guan12

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Does Horror Work In Star Wars?   Does Horror Work In Star Wars? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 11:24 am

Ah yes Death Troopers, I recall browsing that book before. Chewbacca and good old Han are in it. I won't spoil it but there is a good ending to it. There was even a trailer to promote the book on YouTube:

I seem to have lost a Penny.
Back to top Go down
bobbadan

bobbadan

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Does Horror Work In Star Wars?   Does Horror Work In Star Wars? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 12:54 pm

@guan12 i didn't know that made a youtube video to promote the book, that was awesome, makes me now want to read the book, thanks for sharing that!!
Back to top Go down
Darkflowgermany

Darkflowgermany

PostSubject: Re: Does Horror Work In Star Wars?   Does Horror Work In Star Wars? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 31, 2017 9:57 am

visit the sewers of Corucant and you have your answere

but a lot of lore regarding fearindusing creatures or sights
Back to top Go down
kylorenismat

kylorenismat

Character sheet
Name: Kylo ren
Faction: Knights of Ren
Level: Supreme leader

PostSubject: star wars horror    Does Horror Work In Star Wars? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 27, 2018 12:57 pm

I think star wars and horror can defiantly work well a good example of this is star wars clones wars tv show when they go back on geonosis and find a cave filled with undead geonosians who are controlled by bugs. that episode had major horror elements and inspirations that of alien mixed in with some claustrophobic scenes. If they were to adapt horror on star wars movies i think it would be fantastic.
Back to top Go down
William Lionheart

William Lionheart

Character sheet
Name: William Lionheart
Faction:
Level: 56

PostSubject: Re: Does Horror Work In Star Wars?   Does Horror Work In Star Wars? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 20, 2018 11:27 am

So I've read Death Troopers (loved it) and did some digging.
While Death Troopers from the novel aren't canon they're recycled into Rogue One's Death Troopers.
The novel is non canon but they changed those Death Troopers into Undead Troopers (Zombie Stormies) who are actually canon.

https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Project_Blackwing
https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Undead_Trooper

So while we won't be seeing it on the big screen anytime soon, horror is present in numerous forms in the Star Wars verse and frankly it works perfectly:

• Geonosian Brain Worms
  • Undead Nightsisters
  • Undead Sith Warriors
  • Zombie Troopers

As it has been stated Vader is pretty much the essence of horror Galactic Empire era, even in some cases comic artists drew his helm to be more skull shaped.
Back to top Go down
MWguitarist

MWguitarist

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Does Horror Work In Star Wars?   Does Horror Work In Star Wars? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 20, 2018 11:50 am

Of COURSE horror can exist in Star Wars, I mean have you seen The Last Jedi? Truly a horrific sight...

I'm kidding, personal preference and joking aside, I'm a huge fan of horror in media. I think horror could work incredibly well in star wars. Space is a fantastic place to put someone in such a vast infinite world, but also make them feel a complete sense of solitude and hopelessness at the same time.

Just because the overall idea of star wars now is family friendly (Especially with Disney holding the cards which is..meh imo.) doesn't mean you can't master an atmosphere of horror within the lore.

It could be as simple as a psychological horror dealing with the mind manipulative ways of a sith lord to a struggling and singled out padawan in the dark emptiness of space. Psychological horror is one often skipped over because most just want the general "ah spoopy stuff splashed on screen all time" method. Or as has been mentioned, Death Troopers, would work fantastically.

I can see the argument for the fact that Star Wars is a bit Epic Fantasy Space Opera, and one of the main reasons a space horror works, is the grounded aspects of technology and the universe. Like Alien, Dead Space, etc. However, if done well, could mirror a Alien/Jason/Halloween vibe. A group of traders or smugglers lost on a derelict scrap job now being hunted by an old ancient sith. I always remember that one moment in KotoR 2, Darth Sion's first introduction. The power failure on the ship, the dead crew around him, and his slow walk towards you down the blinking corridor. Now of course the way it was presented was a mix of tension and "holy crap this guy is bad ass" feeling, but that's sort of my point. He's practically a zombie anyway, holding his body together with the sheer will of the force.

All just my opinion though.

PostSubject: Re: Does Horror Work In Star Wars?   Does Horror Work In Star Wars? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Does Horror Work In Star Wars?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2