Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
boomers gauss riot ghoul Call Mask wolfenstein Overhaul body Ryse boom machine khan power NPCs dead hunk Reforged marvel Gear vault commonwealth daryl money Superpele mandalorian
Latest topics
» big red exclamation marks
I would like an explanation about animations Emptyby teslatest Today at 1:02 pm

» [FNV] Menu and cursor doesnt show up
I would like an explanation about animations Emptyby Anesthatic Yesterday at 5:20 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
I would like an explanation about animations Emptyby Allthis Fri May 10, 2024 3:20 pm

» Afterlife discord
I would like an explanation about animations Emptyby fil0000 Fri May 10, 2024 6:57 am

» The Next fallout
I would like an explanation about animations Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 12:13 am

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
I would like an explanation about animations Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 12:08 am

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
I would like an explanation about animations Emptyby Luke Priefer Thu May 09, 2024 6:16 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
I would like an explanation about animations Emptyby Luke Priefer Thu May 09, 2024 3:43 pm

» Starfield
I would like an explanation about animations Emptyby Velken Wed May 08, 2024 11:34 pm

» Not new, but been a long time
I would like an explanation about animations Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 12:31 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
I would like an explanation about animations Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 1:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
I would like an explanation about animations Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
I would like an explanation about animations Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
I would like an explanation about animations Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
I would like an explanation about animations Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
I would like an explanation about animations Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
I would like an explanation about animations Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
I would like an explanation about animations Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
I would like an explanation about animations Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
I would like an explanation about animations Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:54 am

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

I would like an explanation about animations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mikeee1111

mikeee1111

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

I would like an explanation about animations Empty
PostSubject: I would like an explanation about animations   I would like an explanation about animations EmptyMon Apr 03, 2017 4:45 pm

Hello, i always was wondering, how does animations and reloading works in fallout new vegas.

Let me explain my question in details.

When you download mods that adds new weapons or even the 1st person animation mod.

Some animations needed to be replace, they are conflicting with each other.
So my first question is, what should i do? how does it works? should i go with the bigger file?
What should i do? Also, how does that work, are there more than 1 animation and reloading inside the kf file?
If so, is it possible to merge it with other animations? (the same file but conflicting because different size)

Second question, would it be possible to have animations working for every single mods? (if i do some changes to some things of course).

Third question, using the 1st person animation mod, i would like to know if it was possible to add the stances you can find from the mod to the other weapon mods.

I would like a detailed tutorial on how to do so if possible, thanks a lot.

I hope you get what i mean, if not, let me know, i will try to go into details.

- Gandalf the Bla- I mean the white.
I would like an explanation about animations Source
Back to top Go down
tuxek

tuxek

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: I would like an explanation about animations   I would like an explanation about animations EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 3:47 pm

Well I find it a bit vague what the question exactly is but I will try to help you by describing how I put together my weapon animation setup.

First of all the ones im currently using:
Hitman's first person animations
Hitman's sneak animations
Weapon animations replacer by joe fox
And im including the animation project aswell even though I don't think it does anything with guns.

So I also really recommend using a mod manager.
I'm just using the nexus mod manager even though a friend told me he preferred fomm
Nexus mod manager tells you exactly what you are replacing and what files conflict.

Another thing you should do is look into detail what all the animations mods do.
This will probably give you an image of what the conflicting files do if the mod manager isn't obvious enough.
The usefull thing nexus mod manager also does is tell you what mod the the file belongs to.

Sometimes it is hard to say which files are more important than the other.

My advice would just be to uninstall them all and install them again in an order you think is best.

A usefull thing to look out for is that if you have multiple mods by the same author to install them in the order of when the mods came out.

I have no clue if this comment was usefull whatsoever but I felt I had to comment anyway because just an hour before I was trying to get those four animation mods to work together without any problems and it seemed to have worked so far.

-Julius Caesar

Q: Can you teach me how to rig? - A: Perhaps this will help:
Back to top Go down
quicksilver500

PostSubject: Re: I would like an explanation about animations   I would like an explanation about animations EmptyWed Apr 05, 2017 5:52 pm

@mikeee1111 Animations work like any other type of file, if two animation files have the same name and are being put(installed) in the same folder, the new one will replace the old one, you cannot merge two animations together, just like you can't merge two image files together, one must replace the other. There are programs you can use (Blender) to try to 'merge' animations, but I have never done something like that so I wouldn't know how to help you.

"would it be possible to have animations working for every single mods?"
I'm not quite sure what you mean here to be honest, do you mean with all weapon mods or with all other animation mods? If it's the latter then in general animation mods should all play relativley nicely together, as long as you are careful with installation and which mods/files you overwrite.

The 1st person animation mod only effects just that, 1st person animations, I don't know if it is possible to edit the 1st person files to be used for 3rd person stances, but again I think you would probably have to edit the files through a 3d modelling program. Hope this helps in some way Smile
Back to top Go down
mikeee1111

mikeee1111

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: I would like an explanation about animations   I would like an explanation about animations EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 2:45 am

@quicksilver500 @tuxek

I will try to go into details.

Let's say, you have animation01.kf from mod 1 which adds an AUG.
Then once again, you have animation01.kf but this time from another mod, it adds an SIG 553.
By using the one from the AUG mod, it will all mess up the animations the SIG 553 is using.
If you use the animations from the SIG 553 mod then your animations for the AUG will be messed up.

So what should I do to make them both work together?
That is what I want to know, even if i'd have to go through programs such as blender, it does not bother me, but thing is, do i really need to? If yes, a tutorial would be great.

I already use the FOMM (Fallout New Vegas mod manager).
Are you telling me that the Nexus manager actually tells you what files is needed for what mods? Even if you create yourself a mod, or download a mod that is not on the Nexus at all?
So if let's say, i replace animations from a mod with some other animations from another mod, then it would let me know about it? Correct me if i am wrong, thanks.

- Gandalf the Bla- I mean the white.
I would like an explanation about animations Source
Back to top Go down
gentledamnspy

gentledamnspy

Character sheet
Name: Sharpshooter
Faction: Freelance
Level: 35

PostSubject: Re: I would like an explanation about animations   I would like an explanation about animations EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 7:19 am

Hello, @mikeee1111. Good questions! I've already find my answers for them in Shiny Haxours Youtube Tutorials, check 'em all!

Shiny Video Tutorials:

You can also check his thread about animations and stuff, i've find it very helpful.
https://www.gunetwork.org/t7052-fnvshinyhax-s-animation-release-thread

Happy Modding.

PostSubject: Re: I would like an explanation about animations   I would like an explanation about animations EmptyThu Apr 06, 2017 7:28 am

The way animations work in New Vegas you cannot assign new animations for individual weapons, only replace animations for a group of weapons. Weapons are split into categories that denote their animation type, such as '2handautomatic', '2handrifle', '1handpistol', etc. And there is a drop down list of animations for each category. They are named 'Reload "X"' where"X" is a letter or word. Each one of these options points the weapon file to an animation in the animations folder. So 'Reload B" under the '2handautomatic' categorie would point to the file '2hareloadb.kf' animation files. To do what you're asking for the scar-h and Aug you would have to rename one of the animations to cover a different animation letter, and then reassign the animation in the weapon entry in the geck. However, this will replace the animation of every wagon that uses that animation, so you have to be careful Smile I hope I was clear enough, if you don't understand something ask me to elaborate Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I would like an explanation about animations   I would like an explanation about animations Empty

Back to top Go down

I would like an explanation about animations

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1