Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
boomers Reforged Superpele boom machine commonwealth gauss Ryse money daryl mandalorian Gear NPCs Mask marvel khan power hunk wolfenstein ghoul body riot dead Overhaul Call vault
Latest topics
» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR - Page 2 Emptyby hunter1828 Yesterday at 8:50 pm

» How to change the UI sound fx placed by a mod?
The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR - Page 2 Emptyby immortallegion Yesterday at 12:40 am

» big red exclamation marks
The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR - Page 2 Emptyby teslatest Sun May 12, 2024 6:02 pm

» [FNV] Menu and cursor doesnt show up
The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR - Page 2 Emptyby Anesthatic Sat May 11, 2024 10:20 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR - Page 2 Emptyby Allthis Fri May 10, 2024 8:20 pm

» Afterlife discord
The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR - Page 2 Emptyby fil0000 Fri May 10, 2024 11:57 am

» The Next fallout
The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 5:13 am

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 5:08 am

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR - Page 2 Emptyby Luke Priefer Thu May 09, 2024 11:16 pm

» Starfield
The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Thu May 09, 2024 4:34 am

» Not new, but been a long time
The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 5:31 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR - Page 2 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 6:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR - Page 2 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR - Page 2 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR - Page 2 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 am

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

NCR vs FOTA
NCR
The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR - Page 2 I_vote_lcap45%The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 45% [ 15 ]
Followers of the Apocalypse
The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR - Page 2 I_vote_lcap55%The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 55% [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 33

AuthorMessage
Noblesse-

Noblesse-

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR   The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 04, 2017 7:59 pm

Followers of the Apocalypse, for certain.

I feel that Marcus has told us exactly why.

[What makes the NCR too ambitious?]
"They expand, fast. If you've got land they want, they'll take it, eventually. Did it out West, they'll do it here. They keep rolling over people, they'll regret it. That's how revolutions start."

While the NCR is trying, they are an example of "Those who don't learn from the past, are doomed to repeat it". And though ironically he said this about the Legion about what will happen to the Legion when Caesar's gone, it does feel as proper for the driving force behind the NCR's government and the sense of imminent revolution tied to the quote above.

"Might not happen overnight. Might take a few decades. But it'll happen. Basic human nature - greed, ambition, jealousy - will see to it."

In the same way that Legion absorbs other tribes into itself, who's to say that NCR>FoA would not result in the same? FoA absorbed and it's identity lost into the NCR as the traces of what the FoA stood for are slowly but surely an inevitable fleeting memory, further accelerating the imminent countdown of another apocalypse.

IRORIEH

Character sheet
Name: Booker
Faction: The highest bidder
Level: 21

PostSubject: Re: The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR   The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 04, 2017 9:46 pm

Ideologically, the Followers, though they severely lack the means or funds, and while NCR possesses them, the Followers undermine the NCR's authority numerous times, and funding them would be counterintuitive. That's not to say the NCR can't find common ground, however as the NCR has shown numerous times, their government aren't fans of things they can't directly control, or at least, tax.

The Followers are kind of already being treated like fringe rebels by the NCR, and based on one of the possible endings of New Vegas, the NCR seem pretty opposed to there presence in the mojave, viewing them as inciting, or contributing to anti-NCR elements within the local populace. Add to that the fact that the Followers are already fairly actively opposing the NCR, Ignacio Rivas in Helios One and Tom Anderson in Freeside. They are ideologically opposed, with the Followers favouring lending aid to all people as opposed to just those under the NCR's banner. Ideologically, the Followers have a cleaner conscience, however, the NCR is far more equipped to maintain scoieties and safety than the Followers, as well as raising the standard of living.
I think it's likely that one day the Followers will find themselves on opposing sides in a war with the republic, if only due to ideology, and it would kind of make a cool plot for a future game (think a combo of the Railroad from Fallout 4 and Zombie's group from the WarTrash mod), acting as a terrorist organisation against the NCR, with all the moral quandries that accompany it, as a more militant FOTA emerges. I'd honestly love that in a Fallout game, to show how little society has truly learned from the Great War and how they are doomed to repeat it. The set up is kind of building in New Vegas, particularly in Outer Vegas, where people are fiercely independant.

Back to top Go down
xxitsapotatoxx

xxitsapotatoxx

Character sheet
Name: Noah
Faction: NCR
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR   The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 02, 2017 2:18 am

GamerRaizen wrote:
Morning/Evening Gunners! cowboy

While I browse through my screenshots folder for my entry into the Assassin's Creed Contest I wanted to spark a discussion as to which of these two factions you all would choose and why.

I personally identify more with the FOTA simply b/c it seems to me as if they truly have the interests of the people at heart, while seeking nothing in return. If you've played through NV enough you'll see what I mean. The NCR, however aren't that bad when compared to the Legion, but when I look at how they handle things....I find myself at odds with their methods.

For instance, when handling the situation in Primm:

Do NOT read if you don't want to spoil the Primm Quests.:

And don't even get me started on the Great Kahn situation...

Anyway, I'd love to hear what everyone thinks...

Gimme details too  The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR - Page 2 1f601

If I could I wold pick both. While The NCR is protecting the followers could suppor

Luckystone

PostSubject: Re: The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR   The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 04, 2017 7:19 am

I like the follwers just a little more than the ncr
Back to top Go down
ChuBBies1

ChuBBies1

Character sheet
Name: I'll think of one later
Faction: Uh, myself?
Level: Level? I don't need no stinking level!

PostSubject: Re: The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR   The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 05, 2017 1:49 am

I would go for the NCR mainly due to the fact that they have a fighting chance to stabilize the chaotic wasteland. FOTA are a really interesting faction that are true and noble with their goals. Sadly, humanitarian efforts will not stop wars( or at least the fighting part). They are without a doubt an invaluable asset and should not b taken for granted, but I'd much rather prefer a stable gov't.

PostSubject: Re: The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR   The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Followers of the Apocalypse or The NCR

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2