Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
marvel khan body ghoul boom Mask vault Superpele daryl hunk Call Ryse mandalorian gauss commonwealth boomers dead riot Overhaul wolfenstein NPCs money machine Gear power Reforged
Latest topics
» [FNV] Menu and cursor doesnt show up
Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game? - Page 2 Emptyby Anesthatic Today at 4:20 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game? - Page 2 Emptyby Allthis Yesterday at 2:20 pm

» Afterlife discord
Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game? - Page 2 Emptyby fil0000 Yesterday at 5:57 am

» The Next fallout
Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game? - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Thu May 09, 2024 11:13 pm

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game? - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Thu May 09, 2024 11:08 pm

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game? - Page 2 Emptyby Luke Priefer Thu May 09, 2024 5:16 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game? - Page 2 Emptyby Luke Priefer Thu May 09, 2024 2:43 pm

» Starfield
Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game? - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Wed May 08, 2024 10:34 pm

» Not new, but been a long time
Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Fri May 03, 2024 11:31 pm

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game? - Page 2 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 12:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game? - Page 2 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game? - Page 2 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:39 am

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game? - Page 2 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game? - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game? - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game? - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game? - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game? - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game? - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game? - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:06 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
SixShooter

SixShooter

Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game?   Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 4:28 pm

The thing with Fallout 4 is that it tried to be "other RPGs" It tried to be Mass Effect or The Witcher.

The thing about those games though is that the character is set. No matter what choices you make or appearances you change, you are playing as Shepard, or Geralt. That's fine, in the context of the series they're in.

Fallout was built on giving you a rough character outline, but letting the entire build of the character be up to you, the name, the general backstory, etc.

Fallout 3 was pretty bad for this too, but it was more excusable than Fallout 4. They changed the method of delivery for the character and the "type" of RPG the game is.

No matter what you do in Fallout 4, the character will never be yours, it will always be Bethesda's character, and that spits on what Fallout is about.

Ezio987

Character sheet
Name: Bruno
Faction: BoS, NCR
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game?   Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 4:40 pm

Lol you changed my way of thinking, because I always thought the game wanted to show how you are, you create your character, follow the path of good or evil, but always with a goal in each game:
3: You must find your father,
NV: You must find the person who shot you.
With this, either you become recognized by your kindness ... or bad

AReallyWeirdGuy

AReallyWeirdGuy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game?   Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 03, 2017 12:52 pm

SixShooter wrote:
The thing with Fallout 4 is that it tried to be "other RPGs" It tried to be Mass Effect or The Witcher.

This is exactly how I felt playing Fallout 4, especially it trying to be like Mass Effect. In previous Bethesda games (etc. Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim) and in previous Fallout games, your character was your avatar in the world. Your character was a blank slate because it was meant to be your story. Plus, it was fun to think up your characters backstory prior to the beginning of the game because they gave you no backstory so it was left up to you. Fallout 4 was a major step back in this regard and that is what ultimately urked me about the game. Like you said, your not playing your character, you are playing Bethesda's character, and that is sad.
Back to top Go down
guidethisonekalaheria

guidethisonekalaheria

Character sheet
Name: Leon
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game?   Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 11:51 am

I personally have enjoyed my time with Fallout 4. It is different from the past games but different is not always a bad thing imo. I can see why people hate it and why people love it. At the beginning I had a very love-hate relationship with it and I was not sure what to think but with time the game grew on me.

I personally tend to play as the "good" guy so the limited freedom with the personality of the sole survivor did not affect me as much as it might other players. I am also a big fan of ME & DA so the voiced protagonist was something I was used to (these games also have limited character personalities as you are either hard one way or the other or just meh).

I did miss a lot of elements from FNV. For example one main one I missed where it would show how you decisions affected the world immediately and/or in the future. That made it feel like you were making a larger impact on the world and you had more choice in said actions.

At the end of the day I am still playing it and having fun so I would say for me it is a good game.

http://guidethisonekalahira.tumblr.com/
Kenneth Cawaling Castillo

Kenneth Cawaling Castillo

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game?   Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 1:57 pm

I don't really mind. fallout 4 is a good game but has a mediocre story compared to NV and fo3 but i was quite satisfied with far harbor. On the other hand, Bethesda rejected scrapped some ideas that makes the fallout franchise popular before. Also, the game is quite linear in pace and story unlike NV and fo3 with branching consequences on thhat will define the end of the story. Also, i was quite irked by the fact that you can join every faction without getting any bad rep. If i am a brotherhood and there are rumors that the lone survivor that he joined the railroad or institute, i will start to question his integrity to the faction, and that's why NV is quite more realistic than fo4. Sure, you can unite most of them but a wrong dialogue choice could end up you destroying a faction. In fo4, only minutemen can go on a dual faction and side with whomever you want in expense of destroying the 2 other faction, or if you want to resolve the game more peaceful, only siding with the minutemen to spare the other 2 faction. In NV, you can choose to play with the 2 major faction, and unite them with other minor faction, or go to the 3rd party faction or heck you can go on your own newly reformed faction and that's why NV is is more off a great game than 4.
Back to top Go down
Caged_Onion

Caged_Onion

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game?   Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 4:07 pm

Fallout 4 is a fantastic game, however, my biggest qualm with it comes from the story. The main story lead you to believe that certain outcomes were possible, and then told you that no, it was all or nothing with regard to the faction endings. For example, why can't I bring peace between all the factions? I play a diplomatic character. A core element of a diplomatic build is ending conflict without violence. Why is it that in New Vegas I can talk down the fiercest Legate to have ever lived, but in FO4 I can't even tell
Spoiler:
to take a chill pill?
Back to top Go down
Napara

Napara

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game?   Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 10:01 pm

(Edit: Looking back on it now, this post was stupid, nonetheless my less insulting and more accurate opinion on the Fallout series is below.)

I don't understand why Bethesda even bought the Fallout license to begin with, Fallout 3 was a rehash of of Fallout & Fallout 2, and Fallout 4 is so fundamentally different from the originals that you could have altered a few things and slapped a new name on and it would work. It's the same thing with Prey.

"(The enclave is back, the brotherhood of steel is back, the hobologists are back, the super mutants are back) Hey, come up with something NEW!!!!!!
(Morjia Brown) Oh wait, no… no I take it back!
(Point Lookout DLC) DON’T come up with something new!
(People's Republic of America) Wait STOP!
(Preston Garvey) Stop coming up with things that are new!
(Mothership Zeta DLC) Stop!
(Mama Murphy) Please no!". - Mr. Harry S. Plinkett

Last edited by Napara on Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Heisenberg

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game?   Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 10:48 pm

Napara wrote:

lol Point Lookout is considered by many Fallout players one of the best, if not the best Fallout DLC ever.

Napara wrote:
"(The enclave is back, the brotherhood of steel is back, the hobologists are back, the super mutants are back) Hey, come up with something NEW!!!!!!

Being the first 3D Fallout game, Bethesda wanted to reuse old factions because:
- (A) Old fans would feel their franchise had been changed if they added totally different factions.
- (B) The Enclave and BoS are huge factions in the Fallout universe.
- (C) Because the Enclave and the BoS are cool.

Bethesda aren't the best writers or best storytellers in the world but at least they try their best at it. The problem is, they will get hate for anything they do for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Napara

Napara

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game?   Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 11, 2017 12:22 am

Corvo wrote:
Bethesda aren't the best writers or best storytellers in the world but at least they try their best at it. The problem is, they will get hate for anything they do for some reason.

I wouldn't identify what I said as hate, I would say criticism. But I did come off as antagonistic so I get why you thought it was just a bethesda hate-train shitpost. I'd also consider the post below a work in progress, so it doesn't contain my exact opinion on the series.

In my first post the words in bold were quoted from the Mr Plinkett Star Wars prequel reviews, they weren't meant to be taken seriously, and in retrospect it wasn't funny.

I believe there's a difference between the Fallout games Bethesda has released, and the earlier interplay games, the tones just don't match. It'd be one thing if Bethesda just rebooted the series entirely, but they decided to do a "soft reboot".

Napara wrote:

Corvo wrote:
Being the first 3D Fallout game, Bethesda wanted to reuse old factions because:
- (A) Old fans would feel their franchise had been changed if they added totally different factions.
- (B) The Enclave and BoS are huge factions in the Fallout universe.
- (C) Because the Enclave and the BoS are cool.

The factions didn't need to be the same exact ones in the originals for people to like them, they could literally be anything but Bethesda ended up normalizing those elements, now a fallout game isn't a fallout game if it doesn't have Super Mutants or the Brotherhood or Power Armor.

Fallout 3 had people behind the scenes who lacked the creativity to create something completely new. It didn't help that the voice acting was abysmal which in turn made the characters unlikable and if I don't care about the characters who inhabit a world then why should care about that world to begin with? Especially when most of it's just the same buildings placed differently over and over again.

Napara wrote:

Corvo wrote:
lol Point Lookout is considered by many Fallout players one of the best, if not the best Fallout DLC ever.

I thought about excluding Point Lookout from the list, I know the new fanbase liked the DLC overall but to me it did not feel like it would fit in the same world as Fallout 1.

I would also argue Fallout has never had great DLC, of course it's good content for your money if that's all your looking for, but most of them did not feel like it could exist in the same world as Fallout 1, that aside I did really like the idea of The Pitt, I think it would have been better had it been fully fleshed out game and not just a hastily made DLC, I also liked the characters and most of the dialogue in Honest Hearts but the overall story was quite dull.

Bottom line I liked Fallout 3 & Fallout 4, I just don't understand why they had to have the Fallout name.
Love, kisses, and perhaps an arousing glance,
Napara

Last edited by Napara on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nukacide

Nukacide

Character sheet
Name: ʜᴀᴡᴋ
Faction: ᴍᴇʀᴄᴇɴᴀʀʏ
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game?   Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game? - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 1:38 am

I felt like Fallout 4 was a GREAT game, but a BAD Fallout game. It's just not the same for me when I compare Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 4. The main story line was just a reversed Fallout 3 story line where the father finds the son instead of the son finding the father. The quest design wasn't good either, it wasn't really clear where I should go for side quests and I felt like I'm just getting myself lost. For example in New Vegas you can't go straight to New Vegas because of deathclaws on the highway, so you go around and while you make your way around, you run into Primm, do sidequests there, you run into Mojave Outpost, do sidequests there, you run into Novac, do sidequests there aswell. So yeah overall it's decent but not really up to Fallout NV standards.

AReallyWeirdGuy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game?   Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 9:24 pm

[quote="(The enclave is back, the brotherhood of steel is back, the hobologists are back, the super mutants are back) Hey, come up with something NEW!!!!!!
(Mama Murphy) Please no!". - Mr. Harry S. Plinkett[/quote]

That is so true and hilarious, especially the part with Preston Garvey and Mama Murphy since everyone thinks they're annoying, especially Preston.
Back to top Go down
AReallyWeirdGuy

AReallyWeirdGuy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game?   Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 9:25 pm

[quote="(The enclave is back, the brotherhood of steel is back, the hobologists are back, the super mutants are back) Hey, come up with something NEW!!!!!!
(Mama Murphy) Please no!". - Mr. Harry S. Plinkett[/quote]

That is so true and hilarious, especially the part with Preston Garvey and Mama Murphy since everyone thinks they're annoying, especially Preston.
Back to top Go down
roflcopter117
Admin
roflcopter117

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game?   Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 26, 2017 10:51 pm

I personally put around 600 hundred hours into the game. Overall I enjoyed it despite the flaws. There are some things it did wrong and things it did well. I have compiled a list of some of the good and bad I could think of off the top of my head.

Pros:
Good gunplay
Weapon mod system
New power armour system
Builds upon the BOS very well
Better VATS
Improved animations
Better, more stable engine
Dense world
Vertibirds are not just scripted flying objects anymore, they behave as a real combatant
Interesting companions
Great enemies with destruction physics (amour plating coming off from damage)

Cons:
Dialog wheel (should have used the KOTOR dialogue system instead)
Unique weapons are underwhelming
Less diverse weaponry
Lack of customization in survival mode
Skill system dummied down
Underwhelming DLC and season pass aside from Far Harbour
Lack of interesting settlements that FO3 and FNV had
"Another settlement needs your help"

A point to note about the dummied skill system: they have been doing this since the launch of Oblivion. It's pretty noticeable when you compare Skyrim to Morrowind. Not to say that Skyrim was bad. I thoroughly enjoyed it on the 360 and PC. I hope that they keep these critiques from the community in mind when making their next Fallout game. If so then I anticipate a very amazing game.
Back to top Go down
gentledamnspy

gentledamnspy

Character sheet
Name: Sharpshooter
Faction: Freelance
Level: 35

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game?   Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game? - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 27, 2017 3:19 am

FO4 not a bad game at all. It's really fun to play shooter in Fallout world and that's it. It's Fallout theme shooter which have boring quests most of the time, 90% of game is shooting to something or someone. FO4 has less interesting places that New Vegas has and many more. This may sounds like i dislike FO4 very much but no, i like this game in some different way. I have about 250 hours in FO4 and it was interesting experience. And yeah, new power armor system is badass and one of the most strong aspects of the FO4.

PostSubject: Re: Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game?   Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone feel Fallout 4 was a great Fallout game?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2