Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
money hunk khan Overhaul power Gear NPCs mandalorian vault Ryse daryl Call Mask Reforged boomers boom dead Superpele body riot machine ghoul commonwealth marvel gauss wolfenstein
Latest topics
» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
Views on the Institute [FO4] - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Yesterday at 10:54 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Views on the Institute [FO4] - Page 2 Emptyby SgtSpectre Sat May 04, 2024 12:21 pm

» Not new, but been a long time
Views on the Institute [FO4] - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Fri May 03, 2024 10:31 pm

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Views on the Institute [FO4] - Page 2 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 11:33 am

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Views on the Institute [FO4] - Page 2 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Views on the Institute [FO4] - Page 2 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:39 am

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Views on the Institute [FO4] - Page 2 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Views on the Institute [FO4] - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Views on the Institute [FO4] - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Views on the Institute [FO4] - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Views on the Institute [FO4] - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Views on the Institute [FO4] - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
Views on the Institute [FO4] - Page 2 Emptyby noacctname1 Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:54 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Views on the Institute [FO4] - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Views on the Institute [FO4] - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Views on the Institute [FO4] - Page 2 Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Views on the Institute [FO4] - Page 2 Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Views on the Institute [FO4] - Page 2 Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Views on the Institute [FO4] - Page 2 Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Views on the Institute [FO4] - Page 2 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:27 am

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Views on the Institute [FO4]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Woox

Woox

Character sheet
Name: Jed Turner
Faction: Survivalist
Level: 30

Views on the Institute [FO4] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Views on the Institute [FO4]   Views on the Institute [FO4] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 01, 2017 11:50 pm

I honestly was not expecting the Institute to be who they were. All of the factions seemed to have their own sense of uniqueness to them, but the Institute did stand out a bit as the boogeyman of the Commonwealth as they say in my opinion. They want to institutionalize synths and replace humans in many different ways which I found to be arbitrary. The people of the Institute are all very smart and organized individuals seeking personal gain, just like everyone else in the Commonwealth, but I believe the way they go about solving what they believe to be "problems" as no different than two groups of raiders fighting over some turf. Also, the fact that Father is who he is, I was severely disappointed.

"My Favorite drinking buddy! Lets get some mead!"

Views on the Institute [FO4] - Page 2 Surviv11Views on the Institute [FO4] - Page 2 The_ci12
Back to top Go down
jimmywhistles

jimmywhistles

Location : Birmingham, Alabama, United States, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster, The Observable Universe

Character sheet
Name: Daemon Drexle
Faction: Imperium of Vegas
Level: 125

PostSubject: Re: Views on the Institute [FO4]   Views on the Institute [FO4] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 02, 2017 1:07 pm

@"Woox" Yeah, I was severely underwhelmed with what Bethesda had managed to come up with in the factions department.

It's like the Institute was supposed to be this grandiose puppetmaster faction, but all Bethesda managed to create was a time-machine; because it felt like Mass Effect: Andromeda two years before it actually came out, complete with the white plastic aesthetics! Lifeless characters with almost no relatability.

3/10 characterization. 5.5/10 characterization with rice.
Back to top Go down
Kaiser Atlas

Kaiser Atlas

Character sheet
Name: Anthony
Faction: Highlanders
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Views on the Institute [FO4]   Views on the Institute [FO4] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 15, 2017 9:15 pm

I think it's entirely up to who ever was running the institute at a certain point in it's history to judge what the institute is like, for example Shaun was brought up within the institute and was most likely groomed for role, he'd have the view that'd forward the institutes goals in the safest and most successful and safe way for the people within the institute even it'd involved kidnapping and replacing wastelanders with synths, i personally don't know much about the institutes history but i'd assume it'd be pretty linear and similar pre-shaun, however, the institute could completely change after the events of fallout 4 because it's up to the player, let's say they canonically were nuked by any of the other factions and they survived we could potentially see a very vengeful institute bent on killing ''the sole survivor'' rather than further their projects, or if the 'SS' became director well the institute would become what ever the player made it, so ima go with the institute is evil simply because i made it that way, and as director i'd probably go with something like ''The Ends Justify the Means'' as a slogan... much like the current institute actually

Back to top Go down
bddog99

bddog99

PostSubject: Re: Views on the Institute [FO4]   Views on the Institute [FO4] - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 1:22 pm

They aren't in whole evil. THey are however incredibly stupid for how smart they are. Think about it, they make the gen 1 and 2 synths perfectly. They follow orders, they carry out tasks; they are tools. Then they decided to put something in the gen 3 synths that make them feel and give them emotions. Of course this will lead to rebellion! What they need to do is take the part that lets them feel emotion and take it out. What makes this worse is that we saw in far harbor that coursers can end up feeling emotion as well its just far more rare for it to happen. Going back to what you are shown in the base game; we see a rogue synth became a viscous raider after he was freed. Now imagine if a courser, synths said to be better than humans in every way, got emotions and did the same thing. Absolutely no one, save for a protagonist with plot armor could beat him especially if he remembered his time as a courser. So no the institute isnt evil they are just stupid and could cause a terminator class end of the world scenario.
Back to top Go down
Uptoon

Uptoon

Character sheet
Name: Atom
Faction: Royal Armoured Corps
Level: Probably high

PostSubject: Re: Views on the Institute [FO4]   Views on the Institute [FO4] - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 1:36 pm

I personally hated the institute, the fact that they literally kidnap people and indirectly turn families against each other is just sickening. I also found that the institute were just quite bland, as in, the armour for example just looked like pyjamas, whereas the BOS, Railroad, and even minutemen had bad ass clothing which reflected on their goals. Bethesda really messed up the institute, especially when it was firstly announced as this mysterious and secret organisation in fallout 3 on board rivet city with the Doctor and his Synth bodyguard. I don't know why, but Bethesda seems to have this constant feel of underwhelming factions in most of their video games. Overall, the institute just isn't my cup of tea, and I'm quite frankly annoyed at how Bethesda portrayed them.

Jorilo

PostSubject: Re: Views on the Institute [FO4]   Views on the Institute [FO4] - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 4:14 pm

You can't remove what makes mark 3 synth's feel because they're literally artificially created carbon based lifeforms in other words there organic artificial humans.
Synthetic means a material not based an biochemistry carbon based but when they confess to using humans for synth production its clear that these are organic androids controlled by chips in their brain. Much like the xylons from battlestar Galactica
Mark 1s are robot s with rudimentary AI and most are insane.

Mark 2 's are true sapient  AI but aren't carbon based lifeforms.

Nick is a prototype between extremely advanced AI and some sort of artificial skin grafted onto its body like the terminator only smart.

Mark 3s are apparently carbon based copy's of humans with all functioning organs glands pheromones and brain.
In other words youd have to lobotomize one to erase its base urges and animal instincs or"emotions".

Coursers are psychologically conditioned recovery agents mark 3's with superior muscles and physical therapy than the infiltration units. They are also controlled via courser chips and as said before extremely brainwashed being the guardians of the institute they follow orders without question they make me remember blade runner or the Smith's from the Matrix.

The question is why aren't all synth's brainwashed and if you're just gonna use artificial humans why not kidnap lobotomize and release victim's rather than build copy's of them its faster cheaper and safer since synth's will rebel anyway because you've made them carbon copy's of humans in other words able to rebel. If you're gonna be an evil villan who wants everyone to serve him be a smart one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Views on the Institute [FO4]   Views on the Institute [FO4] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Views on the Institute [FO4]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2