Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
boom wolfenstein power Mask Call daryl Reforged ghoul commonwealth hunk riot Overhaul Gear Ryse body boomers Superpele money NPCs machine mandalorian gauss khan marvel vault dead
Latest topics
» Afterlife discord
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 3 Emptyby DionysusDreams Yesterday at 1:34 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 3 Emptyby HunterWorld Yesterday at 3:57 am

» How to change the UI sound fx placed by a mod?
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 3 Emptyby immortallegion Mon May 13, 2024 12:40 am

» big red exclamation marks
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 3 Emptyby teslatest Sun May 12, 2024 6:02 pm

» [FNV] Menu and cursor doesnt show up
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 3 Emptyby Anesthatic Sat May 11, 2024 10:20 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 3 Emptyby Allthis Fri May 10, 2024 8:20 pm

» The Next fallout
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 3 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 5:13 am

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 3 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 5:08 am

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 3 Emptyby Luke Priefer Thu May 09, 2024 11:16 pm

» Starfield
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 3 Emptyby Velken Thu May 09, 2024 4:34 am

» Not new, but been a long time
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 3 Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 5:31 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 3 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 6:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 3 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 3 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 3 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 3 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 3 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 3 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 3 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 3 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 am

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
geminispark262

geminispark262

Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole?   Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 9:30 pm

I guess they are OKEY. Could use some improvement on story developing. New Vegas' DLC has higher level of depth compare to Fallout 4's.
Back to top Go down
augtastic

augtastic

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole?   Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2016 10:17 pm

Underwhelming.

Automatron was a good stepping off point, and Far Harbor has a great vibe in an "oh my god, what was that, I think I crapped myself" sense. Nuka World just seems like a poor attempt to appease the "why can't we be bad guys" crowd.

The rest were just mediocre addons that mods like Homemaker and SSEX had already done. I liked the vault stuff though.

Like @"geminispark262" though, there's no way they could compare to New Vegas' DLCs. OWB and HH were some of the best expansions for that game.
Back to top Go down
wotan

wotan

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole?   Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2016 9:50 pm

In one word, the dlc is - overpriced!

Back to top Go down
http://www.ladymoiraine.com/forum/index.php?board=334.0
Mercy

Mercy

Character sheet
Name: Slan
Faction: Futadroids
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole?   Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 4:13 am

Nuka World and Far Harbor are the only reasons to even buy DLC for FO4, the other workshop DLC's and Automatron are just mediocre and only serve to further the whole "BUILD STUFF XD" business model Bethesda wants Fallout to be now. lmao
Back to top Go down
The Red Shoe

The Red Shoe

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole?   Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 5:07 am

Far harbor adds a lot of new things to the game allowing you to choose multiple story lines where you can be the bad guy or the good guy.

Nuka world has lots to do but you almost always have to be the bad guy to get any story out of it.

Much like @Kira Yoshikage said the others just add more building stuff to the game.

Aside from the last two I actually really enjoy the dlcs, mainly because I usually am the bad guy, but I'd say Far Harbor and Nuka are worth their money. They still got work to do though as Fallout Nv's were still far better than anything they have made for FO4 in my opinion.

My Achievements:
Back to top Go down
SpartaRanger

SpartaRanger

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole?   Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 12:02 pm

Personally i was kinda disappointing with the fallout 4 dlc that came out

Far harbor was very good and definatley the best of all the dlc as the location was a nice and welcome change from the base game and the story was also interesting and engaging with good moral choices that made me think really hard about what i should do

Nuka World for me felt like abit of a gimmick with the whole raider thing and while the dlc is well made i wasnt really interested in being a straight up bad guy as i like to usually play a character who likes blood, bullets and caps but who also isnt a complete scumbag and still generally goes for the good moral choices so becoming a raider wouldnt fit in a normal playthrough for me and so i created a separate character to be a raider and got never really used that character after i completed nuka world and i just killed all the raiders on my main character so to summarise a good dlc but didnt really fit what i like to play

Automatron also wasn't really all that great for me as i thought that the story was pretty weak and while i did find the robot creator cool and enjoyed making some fairly unique and badass robots it lost its appeal after as i barely used them for the rest of the game as i prefer not using companions and travelling on my own

workshop packs were alright as they added in some items that should of been in the game from the beginning and i have certainly used a few of these items in my bunker home to make the place look abit better but alot of the items i have never used as i am pretty terrible at making settlements so tend to stick to making small personal bases and the vault tec workshop dlc was not my cup of tea at all as i attempted that and could not make anything good at all and felt like it would take a hell of alot to make a functional vault which i had no interest in doing anyway and i would have preferred a premade vault that i can decorate and customise

and thats my thought on all the DLC that has been released, shame it didnt compare to the new vegas dlc and most of the fallout 3 dlc (hated mothership zeta) Smile

igniter55

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole?   Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 2:46 pm

In my honest opinion the fallout 4 DLC pales in comparison to new Vegas, Let me explain . So lets compare the first DLC pack for both of them Automatron vs Dead Money, I think its rather clear who wins in this one While Dead money didn't have the best story or game play in my opinion it still is better then Automatron Dead Money offers a whole new expansive world space with new companions and characters and while Automatron Did do some of this it didn't do it as well as Dead Money. Now lets move on to Honest Hearts vs all the crafting and workshops dlcs, Now while all three of the crafting dlcs did add quit a bit of content all of the content was filler while Honest Hearts add a new world space while having a very good story and a BA character known as Joshua graham Honest Hearts win this one. Now lets look at Far Harbor vs Old World Blues, This is the closest one i feel dude to them both being very good but the edge i feel goes to Old World Blues because its story and just overall feel beat Far Harbor. And now the grand finally Nuka world vs Lonesome road, This one was tough but in the end lonesome road is what i had to choose it came down to choice and lonesome road has many choices in it.

So to conclude fallout 4 dlc is good don't get me wrong but compared to fallout nv i feel its not worth it in the end , and rember this is my opinion

igniter55

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole?   Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2016 2:47 pm

In my honest opinion the fallout 4 DLC pales in comparison to new Vegas, Let me explain . So lets compare the first DLC pack for both of them Automatron vs Dead Money, I think its rather clear who wins in this one While Dead money didn't have the best story or game play in my opinion it still is better then Automatron Dead Money offers a whole new expansive world space with new companions and characters and while Automatron Did do some of this it didn't do it as well as Dead Money. Now lets move on to Honest Hearts vs all the crafting and workshops dlcs, Now while all three of the crafting dlcs did add quit a bit of content all of the content was filler while Honest Hearts add a new world space while having a very good story and a BA character known as Joshua graham Honest Hearts win this one. Now lets look at Far Harbor vs Old World Blues, This is the closest one i feel dude to them both being very good but the edge i feel goes to Old World Blues because its story and just overall feel beat Far Harbor. And now the grand finally Nuka world vs Lonesome road, This one was tough but in the end lonesome road is what i had to choose it came down to choice and lonesome road has many choices in it.

So to conclude fallout 4 dlc is good don't get me wrong but compared to fallout nv i feel its not worth it in the end , and rember this is my opinion

Sixswitch

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole?   Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2016 12:48 am

Honestly hated the F04 DLC, i thought New Vegas killed it with Old World Blues and Honest hearts and I thought for sure Bethesda would see the success and in some way try to emulate it. Unfortunately that wasn't the case and what resulted was filler content that really disappointed me. Now, Far Harbor was a fantastic DLC, but having only one DLC worthy of payment for the content received seems pretty pathetic. I mean really, you can download some quest mods with more substance.

All in all Bethesda really dropped the ball here in my opinion. I mean come on, they had all the queues for a great game - look at NV and take some pointers

Buuuut thats just my opinion, Ive heard some people absolutely love the Nuka World DLC but like SpartaRanger said, I like to play the badass but not a total psychopath! lmao
Back to top Go down
Ryumera

Ryumera

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole?   Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2016 8:05 am

I found the DLC to be lack luster and really didn't bring me back into the game. I was hoping for something with the enclave, or some other really big faction, and instead we got some niche stories with underwhelming plot lines.

RafftheSweetling

Character sheet
Name: Invisible Hands
Faction: Emerald Enclave
Level: Lvl 7 - Ranger

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole?   Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2016 9:43 am

Having spent countless hours playing the Fallout 3 DLC, and the Skyrim DLC, I was utterly underwhelmed by the Fallout 4 DLC. Only Far Harbor impressed me, but even that was completely lacking in things to do. The rest were lame, and rushed, and with the exception of Nuka-World, they were all clearly content cut from the main release in order to further profit later. Very disappointing.
That said - I bought my Season Pass on STEAM in December, paid via Paypal, and was never debited for it. So I literally got all DLC for free. Not sure why, but I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole?   Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3