Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Ryse power Gear body money hunk Reforged ghoul machine riot vault Call commonwealth dead marvel Mask Superpele NPCs wolfenstein boomers khan boom mandalorian daryl Overhaul gauss
Latest topics
» Afterlife discord
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 Emptyby DionysusDreams Yesterday at 2:34 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 Emptyby HunterWorld Yesterday at 4:57 am

» How to change the UI sound fx placed by a mod?
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 Emptyby immortallegion Mon May 13, 2024 1:40 am

» big red exclamation marks
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 Emptyby teslatest Sun May 12, 2024 7:02 pm

» [FNV] Menu and cursor doesnt show up
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 Emptyby Anesthatic Sat May 11, 2024 11:20 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 Emptyby Allthis Fri May 10, 2024 9:20 pm

» The Next fallout
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 6:13 am

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 6:08 am

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 Emptyby Luke Priefer Fri May 10, 2024 12:16 am

» Starfield
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Thu May 09, 2024 5:34 am

» Not new, but been a long time
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 6:31 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 7:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:42 am

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Haitch_Kay

Haitch_Kay

Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole?   Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 12:35 am

Haven't done much with the DLC (took a break from FO4 shortly after Automotron thanks to corrupted save files), but I'm about halfway through Far Harbor right now and am loving it. The atmosphere is fantastic and I love the Lever Action rifle, even if it's not holding up against the other gear I have.

It also gets a major bonus from me because it's very Valentine-centric which is always good.
Back to top Go down
gibons45

gibons45

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole?   Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2016 1:05 am

Haitch_Kay wrote:
Haven't done much with the DLC (took a break from FO4 shortly after Automotron thanks to corrupted save files), but I'm about halfway through Far Harbor right now and am loving it. The atmosphere is fantastic and I love the Lever Action rifle, even if it's not holding up against the other gear I have.

It also gets a major bonus from me because it's very Valentine-centric which is always good.
far harbor is definitely the best out of fallout 4s dlc.
Back to top Go down
ichigo350z

ichigo350z

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole?   Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 10:45 pm

Automatron - too Small, made up for it by providing robot workbench
Far Harbor - Enjoyed it, melancholy background music, new content, lots of new items, locations and characters.
NukaWorld - Enjoying it.... new items, weapons, locations and a companion to boot. Very glitchy and feels kind of rushed.

I dont consider 
Wasteland Workshop
or 
Contraptions Workshop
to be DLC
That should have been included in the game before it was released.
Back to top Go down
OverTheTop123

OverTheTop123

Character sheet
Name: Agent Ming
Faction: Chinese Remnants/The Shi
Level: 23

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole?   Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 12:49 am

Far Harbor was solid. It really sold to me that people still wanted to try for the game. I haven't played Nuka World yet, and Automatron was pretty decent for the mechanics it introduced.
Back to top Go down
ritualclarity

ritualclarity

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole?   Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 2:46 am

ichigo350z wrote:
Far Harbor - Enjoyed it, melancholy background music, new content, lots of new items, locations and characters.
NukaWorld - Enjoying it.... new items, weapons, locations and a companion to boot. Very glitchy and feels kind of rushed.

I dont consider 
Wasteland Workshop
or 
Contraptions Workshop
to be DLC

Far Harbor and NukaWorld pretty much is the same feelings you have. I believe they didn't complete NukaWorld. It seems to die when you decide to be good. However both were in my definition of what a DLC is. Equipment isn't one of those. Looking at you Wasteland Workshop and Contraptions Workshop.. yep.. looking right at you. got so board of the Vault one (forget the name) So I can't really comment.. however from the beginning.. it looks like something that should have been part of the crafting experience from the beginning. It is just like the MinuteMen quest lines in a way from what I read.

I got the Season Pass and feel a bit ripped off by the content given. I am only giving them the benefit of the doubt a bit this game considering they were also working with a new game and apparently working with a Port over of Skyrim to see how the engine works (If I understand it correctly and believe that statement.) It isn't as mature of a system setup (yes it is the same engine with changes) considering they made massive changes to the code to make it 64bit. IT has taken F4S3 team quite some time to do fixes and such. I assume this is both due to RL but also due to their dealing with a new engine as well. I am curious about what will happen with the next game they use if they use the same engine.

Also .. they get a few points now that it is 64bit and I am not running into that dam memory limits. Looking at you Skyrim.. Looking at you.

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole?   Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 2:53 am

ritualclarity wrote:
I believe they didn't complete NukaWorld. It seems to die when you decide to be good.

I see this thrown around a lot. If I play a good, non-raiding character, will I miss out on some of Nuka World's content?
Back to top Go down
gibons45

gibons45

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole?   Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 3:14 am

@ritualclarity Yeah like many things in Fallout 4 nuka world just sort of... stops without any form of satisfying conclusion Neutral

vahn65

vahn65

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole?   Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 5:14 am

ichigo350z wrote:

I dont consider 
Wasteland Workshop
or 
Contraptions Workshop
to be DLC

Pretty Much this You'll really like far harbor it is the only DLC that really feels like a DLC and not jsut a small add on automatron adds some neat things like robot companions and defense for your settlements but not much past that. As for Nukaworld Adds loads of new content so its second best hoooowever if you are playing a good character you miss out on a lot of it and companion just as a warning. But if your evil youll enjoy it just fine.

wurm45

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole?   Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 9:39 am

I personally think that they are dropping the ball with their DLCs. Most DLCs, besides Far Harbour and Nuka World, feel like they should have been in game from the beginning. Also raising the season pass price isn't okay either in my opinion, especially not for when you get something like Wasteland Workshop out of it.
Furthermore the DLCs are lacking polish, I think pushing them back maybe one or two months would have done them good.
The whole Fallout 4 game and the DLCs just feel like Bethesda is trying out with that they can get away. They seem to be on decline since a while :/
Back to top Go down
ichigo350z

ichigo350z

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole?   Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 6:19 pm

I still have not built one single conveyor belt or machine, no rube goldberg (whatever) I just walked away from the Vaultec building crap like "yeah ok". I also never built more than one Arena during one playthrough after seeing how bugged raiders and gunners were by attacking me and my settlers regardless of the devices powered on to calm them. After a good battle now I have all these bodies I have to take 30 minutes to cleanup and clear the arena? some can be scrapped and others are as impervious as those round pylons at Starlight drive in? um no

Two gimmicks that amounted to a pile of stink
Back to top Go down
linkin79

linkin79

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole?   Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 8:44 pm

My 2 cents.
Loved Automatron.It was short,but I enjoyed building my own robot companion.Thought the story was lighthearted fun.Really liked it.
Far harbor.Loved it.By far my favorite fallout 4 dlc.Really interesting story and characters.Loved the environment.Gave me a Silent hill type vibe with the fog.And the choices you made actually mattered.
Nuka world.Was really looking toward to it as I loved the setting.But it felt like a a step back after Far harbor.I enjoyed it for what it was.
Didn't bother with any of the workshop nonsense.
Back to top Go down
ritualclarity

ritualclarity

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole?   Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2016 10:31 pm

ichigo350z wrote:
I still have not built one single conveyor belt or machine, no rube goldberg (whatever) I just walked away from the Vaultec building crap like "yeah ok". I also never built more than one Arena during one playthrough after seeing how bugged raiders and gunners were by attacking me and my settlers regardless of the devices powered on to calm them. After a good battle now I have all these bodies I have to take 30 minutes to cleanup and clear the arena? some can be scrapped and others are as impervious as those round pylons at Starlight drive in? um no

Two gimmicks that amounted to a pile of stink

You went farther with the Vault DLC than I did. I just made a small room some stairs etc after cleaning out the vault and talking to the Overseer. Then went nope.. boring and left never to come back. I have been to Far Harbor like 3 times now and Nuka world about twice.

dobrien114

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole?   Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 12:11 am

Nuka world could have been so much more better than it is. For example with the raider settlements. there could have been something of like a war with the minutemen, where you battle and can conquer all of the commonwealth, plus you get to kill Preston and never have to deal with his settlements that ALWAYS need help as well...

Far harbor was great, if Nuka had been done as well as FH it would have been well worth the money.
Back to top Go down
SuperChunkChief

SuperChunkChief

Character sheet
Name: Chief
Faction: NCR: First Reconnaissance
Level: 65

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole?   Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 12:48 am

To me the DLC as whole felt like a good team of modders could have made them, excluding some parts of the big DLCs that took you to new areas but even then most of the things in the DLCs are re used assets. I feel like the DLCs were rushed and could have had more depth if they had more time. I mean all of the DLCs came out in a span of less than a year so it's no wonder that everything feels rushed, to me at least. Most of these DLCs don't even come close the ones in previous games though which sucks.

I really did enjoy Far Harbor though. From the very beginning of that DLC I felt like it was going to be great. The others not so much. From the start of Nuka World and Automatron I didn't get the same feeling as Far Harbor they honestly felt like mods to me. But overall for 30$ they are still worth the money. I still spent the time and I still enjoyed it my first times through just wished they didn't feel so rushed.

Last edited by SuperChunkChief on Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
farlas816

farlas816

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole?   Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 12:54 am

I haven't played any of the dlc, but I'm somewhat annoyed with Wasteland workshop,, I feel like most of what it has are assets already in the game, you know?

brandonpotter0

Character sheet
Name: Brandon
Faction: Commonwealth Spartans
Level: 56

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole?   Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 12:59 am

I played the DLC for a while, but I got bored of it fairly quickly actually.

Im back to skyrim now until teh Special Edition is out. lol.

Bgazz97

Bgazz97

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole?   Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 3:31 am

i was very disappointed the only two dlc i cared about was nuka world and far harbor. These two actually added new quests and a new worldspace. i didnt care for the those settlement addons but automatron was alright too i guess.
Back to top Go down
gibons45

gibons45

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole?   Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 30, 2016 3:55 am

@Bgazz97 i personally think they should have scrapped all the settlement DLC and added another new location DLC like far harbor and nuka world.

rgordonjr

rgordonjr

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole?   Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2016 3:16 am

Overall they weren't bad. The workshop ones (Vault-tec is included here) should really have been in one dlc and not spread across three. Fall Harbour was a lot of fun and has a lot of side quests if you look for them. Nuka World is pretty good so far but I am really not liking that you can't proceed past a certain point without capturing commonwealth settlements. (There should have been a "Back off" option in there..).

Worth the price? Original price, yes. Updated price.. Not so sure... I have a lot of hours in the game already but most of them are due to the modding community in general - not Bethesda's dlcs...

Rkocour

Rkocour

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole?   Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 7:09 pm

If you got the season pass at the original price, it was worth it for Far Harbor by itself. Otherwise i'd probably wait to try and pick it up on sale after the price raise. Wouldn't pay more than $35 for the content provided.

Overall i think the DLC is just more fodder for the bethesda doesn't want to pay for writers anymore criticism. A lot of the new systems in Fallout 4 are there for an emergent story telling system. We build settlements because Lego's are cool, lets give em more pieces. Settlement attacks give you a reason to build settlements with defenses other than a cool factor, let's give you more options on the attack or even the option to attack your self. It's all just more fodder for the grind if that's not your thing.

The reason I love fallout in the past was the quests which provided an amazing ability to interact with the world. Finding a cool hidden story in a building is neat, but it doesn't beat actually interacting with people (NPC's).

And honestly i get it. Writing is hard, like really hard. And while the initial programming of stuff like radiant quest systems, and settlements is probably more expensive than writing and programing a couple of quest chains, it's a one time cost that adds a lot of replayable elements to the game.

However it making the pond slightly wider without making it deeper. And fallout fans are demanding. We want it wide and deep. We want our actions to have more meaning than cleaning out a dungeon that's just gonna respawn. We want cleaning that dungeon to have meaning. The DLC doesn't help that very much.

Anyway's i've wandered off point. The DLC is nice, but not $50 nice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole?   Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on the FO4 DLC as a whole?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next