Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
boom daryl body Reforged hunk power vault ghoul money Gear Call riot dead Mask Ryse gauss NPCs khan wolfenstein marvel Overhaul commonwealth boomers mandalorian Superpele machine
Latest topics
» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  Emptyby RockstarAC16 Today at 7:12 pm

» Starfield
Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  Emptyby Velken Today at 1:34 pm

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  Emptyby scrab20 Today at 1:18 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  Emptyby gavin gold Yesterday at 7:00 am

» Not new, but been a long time
Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 2:31 pm

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  Emptyby Xehonort Thu May 02, 2024 3:33 am

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  Emptyby SilverInc Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:39 am

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:56 pm

» A long overdue introduction
Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  Emptyby Athallah Akbar Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  Emptyby Nicward Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:50 am

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:54 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:06 am

» The Next fallout
Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:01 am

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  Emptyby BellToadTall Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:55 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  Emptyby Evmeister Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:11 am

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Fallout Console Modding Fiasco

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Crash244

Crash244

Character sheet
Name: Barrabus The Grey
Faction: D.D.D.
Level:

Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  Empty
PostSubject: Fallout Console Modding Fiasco    Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 4:46 am

Apparently lots of stolen are being uploaded to bethesda.net and mod authors are setting their mods to private, which I understand due to them not being able to wait for them to be released. A warning to console users some mods will detect if you are playing on pc and will corrupt your save games or damage your consoles gpu. What is your opinion on this? Do you believe other games will try to adopt console modding or will this be a titanic due to the frequent stealing of mods?

FafnirEtherion

Character sheet
Name: Julien
Faction: New California Republic
Level: 29

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Console Modding Fiasco    Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 4:57 am

I'm sad that this is happening :/
I've been a console player for a looooong time, now. Oblivion and Fallout 3 brought me to PC gaming but, I've never owned a very powerful computer... I kinda always had the bare minimum...

As I knew that my PC wouldn't be able to handle Fallout 4, I bought it on my PS4. I was super happy to hear that Bethesda was planning on adding console mods Very Happy ! As everybody else, I did not thought of the downsides... But now, mods are being stollen, taken down and Authors are really pissed off ( The only time I've seen that, it was with the paid mod scandal )...

Bethesda should make " private " mods I think... Like : You see a mod you really like on the Nexus, but you upload it on Beth.Net ONLY for YOUR system... That way, Modders' Work are not being redistributed and Mod Users will be able to enjoy the mods they want !

What do you think ?

My mods :

Fallout New Vegas:

Skyrim:
Back to top Go down
thegreataimbottio

thegreataimbottio

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Console Modding Fiasco    Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 5:44 am

I think that this whole console modding thing has gone completely out of control. I knew from the start that console mods would be only retextures of certain items and new weapons. None of the mods would be anything too crazy or require scripts on the level like something like Project Nevada or graphically intensive mods like ENBs or texture packs. Right now on both Bethesda.net and the Fallout 4 nexus comment sections are full of kids literally spamming "XBOX?" and begging for mods to be put on console. Like the OP said, people are taking mods that will only work on PC and releasing them for console which will pretty much brick the console. I think modders are now adding in the Script Extender as a form of DRM to make sure console users can't use their mods because of how pissed they are right now. I'm not trying to make this into a console vs. PC pissing contest but this just shows how some people on console just don't know how mods work and the effects they have on the game. I hope this all gets resolved soon but I can honestly see the next Bethesda RPG not getting console mods at all.
Back to top Go down
FafnirEtherion

FafnirEtherion

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Console Modding Fiasco    Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 5:56 am

Yeah ! You definitely are right ! We, PC Gamers, know how mods works while ( most ) of the console players don't... I can see the issue if you are telling me that they are trying to put Script-heavy mods like Project Nevada was on their consoles... Their systems will have issues sooner or later !

It's a shame though Sad It could have been wonderful to have some basic mods on consoles... *Sigh* Let's hope this crisis will be over soon and that a middle-ground will be found !

Right now; it's the Modding Civil War between the Nexus and Beth.net ! What I found unfair is that some modders say that it's all Bethesda's fault ! I think it's not ( not entirely at least )...

Beth.net may be the source of this fiasco, but it's certainly not their fault...

My mods :

Fallout New Vegas:

Skyrim:
Back to top Go down
rebillion76

rebillion76

Character sheet
Name:
Faction: BOS
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Console Modding Fiasco    Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 6:50 am

The console players/modders that are acting immature and or stealing mods are going to ruin console modding for the rest of the players, because at this rate i doubt the next Bethesda title will include console modding.

Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  Gunetw10
"Leaving this world isn't as scary as it sounds"
Back to top Go down
FoVet20

FoVet20

Character sheet
Name: Cain Reaver
Faction: none
Level: 167

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Console Modding Fiasco    Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 7:08 am

@rebillion76

no matter what if they stopped console modding they'd be pretty stupid to do so, even though paid mods are gone they still make a crap load of money from new vegas and skyrim on steam due to console players switching to PC and buying the games and getting the DLC's to fulfill mod requirements,

a good example of this is the FO4 wasteland workshop DLC its pretty terrible and doesn't add all that much but if there is a popular mod that requires it you can bet a lot of people will pay for it,

around 3 or 4 years ago when i started pc modding (properly) i bought skyrim and NV on pc and spent around 80 euro on all the dlc just to cover mod requirements as i had them all on console i still have yet to complete the skyrim DLC on pc,

sorry for rambling but what im trying to say is mods on pc or console will always have a huge profit for bethesda and from a financial standpoint they wouldn't dare remove it,

and those users who are doing all this mod stealing and trying to use PC mods on console will only have themselves to blame when they're mods destroy the xbox one they spent 300+ euro/dollars on.

but also remember console mods are in the infant phase and bethesda will eventually get everything stable and moderate the mod flow a lot better Smile

and sorry if im not making much sense closed eyes smile
Back to top Go down
FafnirEtherion

FafnirEtherion

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Console Modding Fiasco    Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 7:12 am

@FoVet20 You do make sence ^^

And yeah, It's still the very beginning of Console Modding after all ! Let's stay optimistic... Maybe the morons who stole mods will come to their senses and remove them, since the true authors and their supporters are taking drastic measures to keep everything in order

My mods :

Fallout New Vegas:

Skyrim:
Back to top Go down
Havoc

Havoc

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Console Modding Fiasco    Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 7:16 am

I think the problem now is that there are so many people that are stealing mods and upploading them to beth net. This does cause anger amongst pc player which is no supprise. But i believe many are worried about relasing them for consoles before testing the mods properly on those platforms. Dont quote me on that but i think ive read it several times from various modders

FoVet20

FoVet20

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Console Modding Fiasco    Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 7:22 am

@Havoc

i noticed a lot of mod reviewers are saving for consoles and especially mod authors such as gopher to test they're mods on pc and console before releasing them,

the fact people are stealing mods is quiet stupid im guessing they think that because bethesda.net is new they are more relaxed with the rules,

it is true that bethesda.net may overlook some mods not knowing they are stolen but when they catch on im expecting a wave of idiots getting strikes or bans from bethesda.

@FafnirEtherion

lol im glad someone understood me pal closed eyes smile Smile
Back to top Go down
darkjak94

darkjak94

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Console Modding Fiasco    Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 7:23 am

Woah I wasn't following the console mod thing but it can't be THAT chaotic.

Stealing mod has always existed (even here people upload private mod on other site) and will always exist. People wanted mod on console for a long time and the only source of comparison was the pc, where you can do nearly anything, and that's what they fought they could have but the console are showing their limit and people were not prepare to face those limit (the first thing I heard about the 2gb limit was "there's going to be a mod to unlock that")

In my opinion console player are in majority younger than the pc player and a lot of them bought the game because mod thinking they are going to get all the mod without any limit or problem.

Does anyone has a gaming press article or reddit post doing a good summary of the situation ?

FoVet20

FoVet20

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Console Modding Fiasco    Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 7:32 am

@darkjak94

here is a decent one i read saying how some mod authors are actually hiding they're mods (in the comment mainly)
https://www.reddit.com/r/FalloutMods/comments/4mq4nu/fo4_whats_with_all_the_hoopla_surrounding/

and when i heard the 2GB limit i thought that was ridiculous so i understand why it may piss some people off my fallout 4 alone is nearing 80GB in size with my current mods

i love consoles played fallout 3 for 4 yrs without mods and know where the console players are coming from, but these mod thieves are making it all worse for pc and console users

and you are right about mods are always being stolen and uploaded else where but the original sites always have ways to police those situations which bethesda.net has still not gotten the hang of
Back to top Go down
FafnirEtherion

FafnirEtherion

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Console Modding Fiasco    Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 7:36 am

@darkjak94 Unfortunately... It IS that chaotic as you can see XD

My mods :

Fallout New Vegas:

Skyrim:
Back to top Go down
Saintxandrews

Saintxandrews

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Console Modding Fiasco    Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 7:44 am

Bethesda F*cking things up for everyone
Back to top Go down
FafnirEtherion

FafnirEtherion

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Console Modding Fiasco    Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 7:47 am

Nah, I don't think it's Bethesda's fault... They just introduced Modding to Console players... What's wrong with that ? As I said, they are the cause of the problem, but it's not like they encouraged console " modders " to steal mods !

These mod stealers are to blame, for me...

My mods :

Fallout New Vegas:

Skyrim:
Back to top Go down
darkjak94

darkjak94

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Console Modding Fiasco    Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 7:48 am

@FoVet20 Thanks for the reddit post Thumbs Up
To be honest I just checked my data folder and yeah I have 30GB of mod and I only keep the one I'm using so ... yeah I can understand the 2GB limit (sorry console player).

Same as you I played Fo3 for 3 years on PS3 before getting a PC when FoNV came out.

Ps: That TL;DR was so good I'm keeping it in a text file Very Happy

@FafnirEtherion Yeah it's as chaotic as the street of Paris since the flooding ^^ (inside french joke)

FafnirEtherion

FafnirEtherion

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Console Modding Fiasco    Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 7:51 am

@darkjak94 Our cops are looking desperate, trying to navigate across the streets with boats they can't even stand on XD Anyway, we are getting off topic...

I'd recommand checking Elianora's Facebook Page, since she likes to share her opinion ( And other modder's )... Reading her updates on the event is a great way to see things through a Modder's Point of view ( Elianora's Creations )

My mods :

Fallout New Vegas:

Skyrim:
Back to top Go down
gabet347

gabet347

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Console Modding Fiasco    Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 8:23 am

It's pretty unfortunate. More and more people are stealing mods. One guy in particular got caught and was sent a copyright strike. He then went on to say he did it as a sort of 'political statement' to spite the PC community. More players are getting behind the thieves by either doing it themselves, or spreading bs among their community about how they're totally justified in doing it since the mod authors do not really own the mod. Work should not be stolen and credit should be given, no matter the mod. Theft happens on PC, too, but it doesn't seem to be this big of an issue and the community as a whole, including websites moderators, seem pretty good at taking action against thievery.

More people want to take extra steps to protect their mods by for example either making f4se a requirement so they cannot be played on consoles and.or purposely implementing a script that would ensure corrupt saves. Authors bring us free, amazing content. They help make it happen on consoles and get disrespected through theft and getting discredited for their hard work. I know it's not the majority of console users though, and I hope it works out in the end so everyone can enjoy the game+mods, but I hope changes are made as the least anyone could do for a mod author is to respect their work and give some thanks. Seems like common courtesy to me. Bethesda promises this feature for console users that is solely based on the willingness of people who do this for free for the most part. I hope they respect the PC community enough to step in.

FafnirEtherion

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Console Modding Fiasco    Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 8:58 am

@gabet347 Exactly !
While I deeply think that it's not Beth's fault at all, they have to take measures nonetheless ! But, well... Bethesda is among the most community-friendly company I've seen in Gaming ! ( Correct me if I'm wrong )

My mods :

Fallout New Vegas:

Skyrim:
Back to top Go down
PROROOK363

PROROOK363

Character sheet
Name: Shiromara
Faction: Headhunters
Level: 7

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Console Modding Fiasco    Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 10:10 am

As an avid console gamer, no one should be stealing another author's mod an put it up because they simply can't wait.

Limitlessness

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Console Modding Fiasco    Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 10:35 am

I have been following this fiasco for a while and am not surprised by the result in the slightest. I had a feeling that console modding would have its drawbacks however I never thought that the console community would become a childish and entitled clusterfuck that would support copyright infringement under a Robin Hood esque mentality. I fully support the mod authors decisions to hide their mods in the meantime in order to dampen the amount of mod theft. As a matter of fact I happended to have watched DDProductions response to this right before logging onto GUN just now.
DDProductions Response:

I support his decision and have a feeling that many other modders in the PC community will discontinue their plans to mod for consoles in the meantime. I also feel that we have reached a new point in modding where quasi forms of DRM will be implemented. The fact that so many Beth Net users supported mod theft and felt that the PC modding community wasn't publishing mods for the sake of "PC Elitism" is absolutely infantile! Even if a mod author does not want to publish console mods, their decision should at the very least be respected. I know this portion is a vocal minority but their actions are damaging.

@FafnirEtherion, I disagree with what you said regarding Bethesda and the community. They will use words yet perform lackluster action in response. Unlike the Nexus and GUN, mod theft is actively discouraged; so much as mentioning these actions will yield a negative response from both the community and moderators. Beth Net has a very useless report function in comparison. Some mods require assets created by the mod authors. By stealing these asset dependent mods the Beth Net community is actively engaging in copyright infringement and Bethesda has done little to alleviate this issue. If Bethesda truly cared about the our modding community, then they would have consulted and engaged with users and modders in the first place. Bethesda did not take many measures at all.

In the current case, I think that mod authors flooding Beth Net with DMCA claims for assets is the only method to get Bethesda to take action. This is a truly sad moment for Fallout 4 modding. Beth Net is a work in progress and should have remained such until completion. For all intensive purposes Beth Net is not ready and should not have been released to the public. I hope this moratorium ends promptly, however this is more or less a community strike from modders. If the community gets its voice heard then perhaps something good can be salvaged.

Mod theft was already and issue before Beth Net. The problem is that Beth Net has helped this proliferate further.

In the meantime we must wait and see or get our concerns heard BrickWall Headbutt

PostSubject: Re: Fallout Console Modding Fiasco    Fallout Console Modding Fiasco  Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout Console Modding Fiasco

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next