Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
hunk wolfenstein mandalorian Superpele daryl FCOM Reforged upgrades Mask commonwealth Ryse vault Gear Call khan money ghoul boom marvel boomers dead body space machine NPCs riot
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
big red exclamation marks Emptyby ZedraxStereo Yesterday at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
big red exclamation marks Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
big red exclamation marks Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
big red exclamation marks Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
big red exclamation marks Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
big red exclamation marks Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
big red exclamation marks Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
big red exclamation marks Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
big red exclamation marks Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
big red exclamation marks Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
big red exclamation marks Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
big red exclamation marks Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
big red exclamation marks Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
big red exclamation marks Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
big red exclamation marks Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
big red exclamation marks Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
big red exclamation marks Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
big red exclamation marks Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
big red exclamation marks Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
big red exclamation marks Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

big red exclamation marks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
theoldwise

theoldwise

big red exclamation marks Empty
PostSubject: big red exclamation marks   big red exclamation marks EmptyThu May 05, 2016 10:13 pm

hey guys, i run into this problem before but know i have no clue which mods causes this. so far i found two hats causing the red exclamation mark to pop up. It's a leather hat and a festive hat. Any idea how to fix it withou having each mod turned on and off to find the problem? Thank you in advance!

edit: funny thing is that these hats do not show the problem when they are lying on the floor - as soon as i or a NPC wears them the red exclamation mark shows up. would be awesome if this could be fixed with having to turn  all mods on and off again..Smile

big red exclamation marks Doom10
Back to top Go down
Lillandoniril

Lillandoniril

PostSubject: Re: big red exclamation marks   big red exclamation marks EmptyThu May 05, 2016 11:23 pm

When I had this problem in NV I solved it by merging ESPs because I had too many

theoldwise

PostSubject: Re: big red exclamation marks   big red exclamation marks EmptyThu May 05, 2016 11:50 pm

@Lillandoniril okay thanks - is merging esps not the same as an merged patch done with FNVedit? thanks for your help mate!

Back to top Go down
rower97

rower97

PostSubject: Re: big red exclamation marks   big red exclamation marks EmptyThu May 05, 2016 11:55 pm

Hey man, yeah it's different to a merged patch, you merge plugins using this: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69905?

It's pretty easy to do, just follow the video guide Smile
Back to top Go down
theoldwise

theoldwise

PostSubject: Re: big red exclamation marks   big red exclamation marks EmptyFri May 06, 2016 12:12 am

@rower97 thanks mate. I'll check it tomorrow evening. Now it's time to sleep and i'lm have to work tomorrow. Any idea why it only happens to these two hats? EVerything else is okay (at least so far)

Back to top Go down
ritualclarity

ritualclarity

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: big red exclamation marks   big red exclamation marks EmptyFri May 06, 2016 2:23 am

theoldwise wrote:
hey guys, i run into this problem before but know i have no clue which mods causes this. so far i found two hats causing the red exclamation mark to pop up. It's a leather hat and a festive hat. Any idea how to fix it withou having each mod turned on and off to find the problem? Thank you in advance!

edit: funny thing is that these hats do not show the problem when they are lying on the floor - as soon as i or a NPC wears them the red exclamation mark shows up. would be awesome if this could be fixed with having to turn  all mods on and off again..Smile

I believe the "world model" is different than the worn model. you have something wrong with the worn model. You can try to command from nvse to get the item number than perhaps check the FNVedit if you find the item number you should be able to find the mod holding that item. I haven't done it but believe that would be a solution to find the exact item and mod related. Sorry I currently forget the command to get the item number when using NVSE.

I believe it is GBO (get base object) or "showinventory" command on the npc that has the problem and check from that what the item code is then check / search for it in FNV edit and find the offending mod. In theory that is. Never had the problem you are having.

mpaz96

PostSubject: Re: big red exclamation marks   big red exclamation marks EmptyFri May 06, 2016 4:08 am

@theoldwise That's usually a problem when having too many active plugins. The limit is somewhere between 140 or so but all computers are different, my old laptop could handle about 180 but this new laptop can handle about 100 Mad .

Merging plugins can and probably will fix this problem.

In the case it doesn't fix the problem then it's probably that some mod alter those hats models, in which case you could go in GECK and just select the model manually.

By the way, as @ritualclarity said, the "world model" and the "worn model" are different.

theoldwise

PostSubject: Re: big red exclamation marks   big red exclamation marks EmptyFri May 06, 2016 7:31 am

@ritualclarity thank you very much - just to make sure i understood you correctly. I open command enter the showinventory and click on the hat on a npc wearing it?

@mpaz96 thank you! GECK? oh man i am screwed - i have no clue how the GECK works. I'll try the FNV Edit hint from ritualclarity. I didn't install any new mods since 5 days and had no trouble at all - now those leather hats are all over the place and mess with my wasteland:) To narrow my options down: does this have to be a armor mod or can any mod alter hat models? (which would make no sense for me - but it's just i did not install any armor mods since a week or so)

thanks again guys!

EDIT:
@ritualclarity i found it. it says dragbody/underground/armorpack33/CoJFestivehat.nif
now what? i cannot disable dragbody's armor - no no i need them:)

Back to top Go down
ritualclarity

ritualclarity

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: big red exclamation marks   big red exclamation marks EmptySat May 07, 2016 2:36 am

Quote :
@theoldwise That's usually a problem when having too many active plugins. The limit is somewhere between 140 or so but all computers are different, my old laptop could handle about 180 but this new laptop can handle about 100 Mad .
Your issue might be the thread count settings. Try dialing it back to single or duel.

Quote :
EDIT:
@ritualclarity i found it. it says dragbody/underground/armorpack33/CoJFestivehat.nif
now what? i cannot disable dragbody's armor - no no i need them:)
Now you know the exact mod and the exact files that are causing problems. From there you can request support from the author or others to get more fine tuned fix. It is possible that there might be a world model and worn model issue with this file that nobody else has reported.

Also with this info you know which mod is acting up. My suggestion is to backup your running system (assuming everything else is running great) and then reinstall this mod or the mod that holds the assets that are having problems (if using FOMM / NMM) if using MO then move the entire mod from the left side down to the very bottom or as far down as you can beyond all the other mods that list conflicts for this mod. It could be a conflict. Moving it down the list on MO or reinstalling it causing it to overwrite all files that could have overwrtten it would resolve the last question if it was indeed a mod conflict. If this don't work it must be some glitch or bad file etc and might need mod author support or someone that knows GECK to get a proper setup of the files. They might just be there (I assume they are) but not addressed correctly or perhaps the actual download you have is bad. Perhaps re-download this exact mod and reinstall it to be sure.

Believe it or not ruling out the various conflicts or bad file downloads is so very important in getting proper support from the author or other mod authors (with skill to help) having a very clear issue like this for them is a simple fix or check. It is greatly appreciated when someone goes that extra step or steps.

theoldwise

PostSubject: Re: big red exclamation marks   big red exclamation marks EmptySat May 07, 2016 12:15 pm

@ritualclarity thank you for the detailed info and help. As both messed up hats are cowboy hats with different colors i simply copied the only working cowboy hat nif and renamed it to the ones missing. Now it works perfect:) i will still merge the esps like you suggested because i am way over 100 esps at the moment. Thanks again and have a nice weekend

Back to top Go down
LukaTheJawa

LukaTheJawa

Character sheet
Name: Jawa Thief
Faction: Anti stormtrooper fedaration
Level: 15

PostSubject: Re: big red exclamation marks   big red exclamation marks EmptySat May 07, 2016 12:21 pm

theoldwise wrote:
@ritualclarity thank you for the detailed info and help. As both messed up hats are cowboy hats with different colors i simply copied the only working cowboy hat nif and renamed it to the ones missing. Now it works perfect:) i will still merge the esps like you suggested because i am way over 100 esps at the moment. Thanks again and have a nice weekend

The esp issue should never be the culprit if not close to 130 esp's active
Back to top Go down
theoldwise

theoldwise

PostSubject: Re: big red exclamation marks   big red exclamation marks EmptySat May 07, 2016 2:45 pm

@lukaboot as i mentioned i am way over 100. Its 118 mods ans something like 145 plugins. I check the missing stuff again in nvedit and saw that it is not dragbodys mod it is an integration mod for drags armors i found here. Anyway the trick with the copied nif works so far and i think i give the merged esps a try anyway. There are still so many great mods to add:)

Back to top Go down
mpaz96

mpaz96

PostSubject: Re: big red exclamation marks   big red exclamation marks EmptySat May 07, 2016 8:19 pm

@theoldwise Is it the armor integration by Tiam, because if it is, then your better off using the one by FoVet20 since the one by Tiam have a LOT of problems like that.

theoldwise

PostSubject: Re: big red exclamation marks   big red exclamation marks EmptySat May 07, 2016 9:08 pm

@mpaz96 oh okay - i didnt know that. i saw the one from FoVet20 but thought it looks like the other one uses more different armors. I'll give it a try - thanks for letting me know!

Back to top Go down
LukaTheJawa

LukaTheJawa

Character sheet
Name: Jawa Thief
Faction: Anti stormtrooper fedaration
Level: 15

PostSubject: Re: big red exclamation marks   big red exclamation marks EmptySat May 07, 2016 9:43 pm

theoldwise wrote:
@mpaz96 oh okay - i didnt know that. i saw the one from FoVet20 but thought it looks like the other one uses more different armors. I'll give it a try - thanks for letting me know!

Indeed there different , but a working mod is always better than a broken one

You can try suredude's version as well
Back to top Go down
theoldwise

theoldwise

PostSubject: Re: big red exclamation marks   big red exclamation marks EmptySat May 07, 2016 9:58 pm

@lukaboot that's true:) i tried suredude's version first but he changed too much for me. Khan NPCs look like indians and the guys guarding the caravan camp HQ (forgot the name) look really weird with their shiny white helmets so i unistalled it and gave the other one a try. Any idea what would happen if one uses several of the integration mods together?

Back to top Go down
mpaz96

mpaz96

PostSubject: Re: big red exclamation marks   big red exclamation marks EmptySun May 08, 2016 2:33 am

@theoldwise One of the mods would take priority over the other ones depending on the load order you arranged them to be. TongueTril

ritualclarity

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: big red exclamation marks   big red exclamation marks EmptySun May 08, 2016 4:27 am

theoldwise wrote:

Smile ... Glad I could help

theoldwise

PostSubject: Re: big red exclamation marks   big red exclamation marks EmptySun May 08, 2016 8:19 am

@mpaz96 they would not add up? if one mod does not alter the outfits of a specif group of NPCs - could the other take over? that would be awesome:) thanks again for your help!

Back to top Go down
mpaz96

mpaz96

PostSubject: Re: big red exclamation marks   big red exclamation marks EmptySun May 08, 2016 2:33 pm

@theoldwise Oh, I see what you're asking now. I think it would add up, it could crash, but I don't think so.

You would have to arranged them in a way where the one that alters the least should take priority in your load order so that the ones that alter the most can work the NPCs that outfits weren't changed by the one that has priority.

Does this make any sense? TongueTril

PostSubject: Re: big red exclamation marks   big red exclamation marks Empty

Back to top Go down

big red exclamation marks

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next