Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Mask daryl Call mandalorian money space boomers Superpele ghoul upgrades wolfenstein dead Ryse Gear boom riot NPCs Reforged hunk machine khan marvel commonwealth FCOM vault body
Latest topics
» Modder looking for gun mods
Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies Emptyby Bset Yesterday at 7:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies Emptyby Smash96 Yesterday at 6:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:29 am

» Late Introduction
Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:29 pm

» Greetings!
Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:01 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies Emptyby DoxxxBoxx Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:33 pm

» hi i'm new person
Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies Emptyby Jackfishproductions Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:15 am

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:37 pm

» Fallout Screenshots XIV
Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies Emptyby Smellen D'generes Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:06 pm

» New person
Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies Emptyby W0NDER0FY0U Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:29 pm

» Howdy pardners.
Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies Emptyby DVAted Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:06 am

» Suggestions for a Halo Themed TTW Playthrough
Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies Emptyby apatheticman Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:44 am

» who here is a mandalorian??
Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies Emptyby chazmister Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:13 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies Emptyby Ndf Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:29 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Grimmex

Grimmex

Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies Empty
PostSubject: Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies   Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 2:13 pm

hey everyone, i was just thinking about this and figured it would make a good discussion topic.

As we all know, Far Harbor is going to be released relatively soon and i'm sure we are all giddy with anticipation. What kinds of locations and styles of areas would you like to come across in your travels to the island of Far Harbor? What types of new enemies or variations of enemies would you like to see? What kinds of weapons do you want added to the game? Anything you would like to see in the upcoming DLC, i want to hear about it Smile

I personally really hope it's something similar to Point Lookout, where it's not scary, but has a sort of eerie vibe to it, what with the fog everywhere and what not. I would like it to be less sparse than Point Lookout was, however, and have more towns or even just more buildings laying around. Underwater elements would be a nice touch as well, with some new types of mirelurks or something. As for weaponry, i just want some kind of a lever action gun, like the ones we had in New Vegas and like the one we found in Point Lookout.

Let me know what any of you would like to see in Far Harbor!

The killer_rifle18

PostSubject: Re: Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies   Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 2:19 pm

I want to see some real assault rifles added to the game, not some Black Ops 2 MG08 bullsh*t. As far as enemies go, I'd like to fight those weird dolphin/shark things you find on the beaches sometimes. They seem like they could be like an underwater deathclaw.
Back to top Go down
Gyrard

Gyrard

PostSubject: Re: Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies   Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 2:41 pm

I want to see a specialized diving power armor suit and a harpoon gun with some underwater ruins or facilities that we explore while fighting off mutated fish/sharks/dolphins.

Something like this.
Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies YzgRZDc4OW6a-hcppYjVnwUN48BTAIcDC0ctq0CURhA

Other than that, I want to see more skill/speech checks for things besides charisma, like intelligence or strength. I really miss that from older Fallout games.

BoomBewm

Character sheet
Name: Levski
Faction: Bulgaria
Level: 79

PostSubject: Re: Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies   Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 3:17 pm

Wel first and probably VERY important H.P Lovecraft reffernces,quests,monsters,weapons and even some special mystical armor because you know a Colony of Synths cant be there for nothing, they must be worshipping something there, something Lovecraft-ish, also as Gyrard said other speech checks than charisma, I really hope Bethesda are learning from their mistakes and will probably fix this with the Automatron DLC, and of course lets not forget the giant sea monster which was cut from the main game and this also goes to the H.P Lovecraft catogory and overall I just want more,more and more H.P Lovecraft in Fallout 4 because its just amazing to immortalise such a legendary writer in to a game.
Back to top Go down
William Lionheart

William Lionheart

Character sheet
Name: William Lionheart
Faction:
Level: 56

PostSubject: Re: Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies   Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 3:29 pm

Some part of me is wishing for something kinda like this.

Spoiler:

MUTANT KILLER WHALE!

In all seriousness a mixture between Fallout and Bioschock would be nice. Underwater base and what not. Seeing diving suits that @Gyrard posted would be awesome too.

I don't know who still remembers the village of Hackdirt back in Oblivion, but it's pretty much based of a story made by H.P Lovecraft. It was an awesome side quest and I wish they would do something like this but for Fallout.

I have no knowledge of anything made by Lovecraft but I have to say it was an amazing quest and seems to leave great ideas for mods.

Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Grimmex

Grimmex

PostSubject: Re: Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies   Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 4:18 pm

BoomBewm wrote:
Wel first and probably VERY important H.P Lovecraft reffernces,quests,monsters,weapons and even some special mystical armor because you know a Colony of Synths cant be there for nothing, they must be worshipping something there, something Lovecraft-ish, also as Gyrard said other speech checks than charisma, I really hope Bethesda are learning from their mistakes and will probably fix this with the Automatron DLC, and of course lets not forget the giant sea monster which was cut from the main game and this also goes to the H.P Lovecraft catogory and overall I just want more,more and more H.P Lovecraft in Fallout 4 because its just amazing to immortalise such a legendary writer in to a game.

I completely agree! If we could get some really nice H.P Lovecraft references and that giant sea monster, that would make this expansion perfect.
and in regards to what Gyrard was saying about with the addition of something similar to that concept art of the institute power armor, that would make the underwater elements a really interesting feature. Having underwater institute facilities or something creepy and derelict to explore while fighting off those creepy dolphin things would be really neat Smile

You all have some really nice ideas, let's keep em coming!

ElderFreak

PostSubject: Re: Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies   Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 10:30 pm

I would love to see some Bioshock references! It would go great like maybe place it under water somewhere. I also want to see a player home in a ship. It sounds like they would put one so I have high hopes.

MercUpForHire23

MercUpForHire23

PostSubject: Re: Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies   Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies EmptyMon Mar 07, 2016 11:43 pm

I have a feeling it's going to be filled with Lovecraft references. Especially Call of Cthulu,Shadow over Innsmouth and Dagon. Maybe even a Necronomicon reference for the hell of it Very Happy

Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies 3854DF272AA9367538A711203253F093AAF0BD16
Back to top Go down
BITBUT

BITBUT

PostSubject: Re: Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies   Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 2:51 am

I want it go full on spooky, imagine a foggy weather and some crazy dudes with melee weapons sneak up to you now that is the experience I want. Also more aquatic enemies should be added just as @William Lionheart a damn muntant water Killer Whale, not really from America but mutant crocodile should be a cool addition.
Back to top Go down
beardofsocrates

beardofsocrates

PostSubject: Re: Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies   Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 3:33 am

I hope they bring out some sort of proper build-up with a sea creature. Mutated Dolphins with large bites in them, all across Boston, has got to be something intimidating.

By build-up something similar to the salamander from Resident Evil 4. You'd find passages referring to it, but never expect what sort of creature would be lurking out in the murky waters. If you were bold enough to stand at the dock long enough, without getting into the boat, it would instantly jump out of the water and kill you in less than a second. When I first experienced that I jumped out of my seat, and made me nervous patrolling the water.

Maybe this could be the opening for the DLC. Your boat approaches dock through increasingly violent waves. The captain shouts down to you exclaiming of something swimming ahead of the boat. All you see through the fog is an obscured dark hump larger than your vessel. The hump disappears below the waves giving way to an uncanny moment of relief that is short lived. A twisted echo of a once peaceful giant bellows bellows below as the animal slams your vessel under the hull, sending it off course into the rocky shoreline. The crew has survived, shocked from the events that transpired. The captain, depending on synth tech for navigation leaves you to not only your intended mission, but to obtain the new equipment while he and his fellow sailors free the ship. You head towards town hearing the distinct sound of the corrupt animal, echoing for all to hear, as if it challenges you to dare traverse its water again.

That's all I got. =/

Please don't disappoint.

T.A.Z

PostSubject: Re: Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies   Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 10:04 am

To be completely honest I don't expect much from the DLC. The newer Beth games just seem lazy to me.
Fallout 4 uses a ton of recycled assets, has (imo) not many memorable quests and lacks in the technical aspect. I kinda felt the same with Skyrim, but Skyrim still had more to offer through the guild questlines and shrine quests.
It really bothers me if I think what kind of potential this game actually has, but who knows maybe this DLC can draw me back in.

I would hope for some deeper, more mature quests that actually feel like they impact the gameworld and since it would fit the theme some elaborate mysteries. I still remember how much fun it was to go easteregg/mystery hunting in Halo 3, there was so much to explore lorewise and it truly helped to make the game universe feel alive.

Either way, I'll still play FO4 from time to time, but as it stands now it's just a modding sandbox to me.

For Skyrim mods
For Fallout 4 mods
Back to top Go down
Grimmex

Grimmex

PostSubject: Re: Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies   Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 1:54 pm

beardofsocrates wrote:
I hope they bring out some sort of proper build-up with a sea creature. Mutated Dolphins with large bites in them, all across Boston, has got to be something intimidating.

By build-up something similar to the salamander from Resident Evil 4. You'd find passages referring to it, but never expect what sort of creature would be lurking out in the murky waters. If you were bold enough to stand at the dock long enough, without getting into the boat, it would instantly jump out of the water and kill you in less than a second. When I first experienced that I jumped out of my seat, and made me nervous patrolling the water.

Maybe this could be the opening for the DLC. Your boat approaches dock through increasingly violent waves. The captain shouts down to you exclaiming of something swimming ahead of the boat. All you see through the fog is an obscured dark hump larger than your vessel. The hump disappears below the waves giving way to an uncanny moment of relief that is short lived. A twisted echo of a once peaceful giant bellows bellows below as the animal slams your vessel under the hull, sending it off course into the rocky shoreline. The crew has survived, shocked from the events that transpired. The captain, depending on synth tech for navigation leaves you to not only your intended mission, but to obtain the new equipment while he and his fellow sailors free the ship. You head towards town hearing the distinct sound of the corrupt animal, echoing for all to hear, as if it challenges you to dare traverse its water again.

That's all I got. =/

Please don't disappoint.

Okay, i read that and got chills. That would honestly be such an awesome cinematic intro to the DLC. Bethesda really needs to have more exciting intros to their content, not just some basic loading screen with words on it or a narrator talking. I totally get that it's Bethesda's style to have a narrator, but leave it for the end of a DLC, not the beginning. Again, really good idea!

MercUpForHire23

PostSubject: Re: Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies   Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies EmptyTue Mar 08, 2016 2:08 pm

beardofsocrates wrote:

That's all I got. =/

Please don't disappoint.

I'm gonna be really disappointed now if it isn't anything close to this lol. RIP

Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies 3854DF272AA9367538A711203253F093AAF0BD16
Back to top Go down
beardofsocrates

beardofsocrates

PostSubject: Re: Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies   Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 1:08 am

After browsing around youtube, I came across an interesting conversation between a couple of NPCs.

Spoiler:

Methinks we'll finally get our first true sea monster. Please Bethesda, make the waters actually exciting and terrifying!

PostSubject: Re: Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies   Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 3:06 am

Dolphin shark goddamit. GIVE US THE DOLPHIN SHARK.
About the rest of the DLC... Location as a whole will be bigger than Shivering Isles so I wouldnt be surprised if there was more than one player house. Living on a pre-war yacht would be nice.
Hopefully the harbor town will be alive, maybe changes depending on what happens in the DLC, would suck if we get another empty Point Lookout.
Speaking of which, they better NOT introduce frikkin hillbilly ghouls and redneck mutants again, it was just bloody...just no. As far as enemies go, I wont mind some mutated fish people or sea monsters that you hunt to get wall mounted trophies :3 as long as they dont just go and say "Cthulhu is real in Fallout" I'm good with some new postapoc mutated foes.
About armor, we did get a Tesla Armor addition in Automatron so I really wouldnt be surprised if Harbor gets a nice Fallout style diving suit. And the harpoon gun we all know about already Very Happy
Aside the underwater PA I wish we'd get some nice classy and marinistic outfits =/ NOT armor attachments but actual outfits. And it just now hit me what kind of armor attachments we might get....FISH SKULL HELMET!
Back to top Go down
Grimmex

Grimmex

PostSubject: Re: Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies   Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 1:42 pm

raze4573 wrote:
Dolphin shark goddamit. GIVE US THE DOLPHIN SHARK.
About the rest of the DLC... Location as a whole will be bigger than Shivering Isles so I wouldnt be surprised if there was more than one player house. Living on a pre-war yacht would be nice.
Hopefully the harbor town will be alive, maybe changes depending on what happens in the DLC, would suck if we get another empty Point Lookout.
Speaking of which, they better NOT introduce frikkin hillbilly ghouls and redneck mutants again, it was just bloody...just no. As far as enemies go, I wont mind some mutated fish people or sea monsters that you hunt to get wall mounted trophies :3 as long as they dont just go and say "Cthulhu is real in Fallout" I'm good with some new postapoc mutated foes.
About armor, we did get a Tesla Armor addition in Automatron so I really wouldnt be surprised if Harbor gets a nice Fallout style diving suit. And the harpoon gun we all know about already Very Happy
Aside the underwater PA I wish we'd get some nice classy and marinistic outfits =/ NOT armor attachments but actual outfits. And it just now hit me what kind of armor attachments we might get....FISH SKULL HELMET!

Those sound like some nice ideas. I agree with you on the whole point lookout thing. that map was really nice, but way too empty. from what i have seen so far there is definitely going to be some interesting things involved with the water. I'll put it in a spoiler in case people don't want to see it because from what i can tell, it's actually going to be in the DLC

Spoiler:

Stormlord

PostSubject: Re: Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies   Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 2:23 pm

My guess is that there will be a ton of Lovecraft references, more likely to Dagon. Some kind of unknown cult, like Dark Corners of the Earth. It would be cool to have underwater base building, but i think it's not going to happen. Also a decent storyline with a bunch of new companions and equipment, they already said that this dlc is similar in size to Shivering Isles. We'll see....
Back to top Go down
D7Rock88

D7Rock88

PostSubject: Re: Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies   Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies EmptyMon Mar 28, 2016 10:56 pm

Well if the Children of Atom are involved I imagine there will be plenty of Lovecraft references, because personally I think they're linked to some dark entity. I mean seriously, they are completely immune to radiation and are not ghouls. See here's what I think, sometime shortly after the events of Fallout 3 those crazies in Megaton went out and found something that was likely similar to that Obelisk that gave off radiation, if not the obelisk itself, and like the crazies they are they started worshipping it. Then something spoke to them, in other words 'Atom' which may actually be some dark entity like Quag'tuloth or was it Quag'loth? Quagmire'loth of the Giggity Goo, whatever I forget the name. Anyway then this 'Atom' made them immune to radiation in exchange for serving him and spreading his 'glory' and influence across the wasteland. After all they did say their immunity was a gift from Atom.

So yeah that's a little theory of mine on the CoA. I believe we will actually find out the truth about them when we get to Far Harbor, and that there will be Lovecraft references galore! Hey who knows...maybe we'll even meet 'Atom.'
Back to top Go down
Grimmex

Grimmex

PostSubject: Re: Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies   Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies EmptyTue Mar 29, 2016 7:49 pm

D7Rock88 wrote:
Well if the Children of Atom are involved I imagine there will be plenty of Lovecraft references, because personally I think they're linked to some dark entity.  I mean seriously, they are completely immune to radiation and are not ghouls.  See here's what I think, sometime shortly after the events of Fallout 3 those crazies in Megaton went out and found something that was likely similar to that Obelisk that gave off radiation, if not the obelisk itself, and like the crazies they are they started worshipping it.  Then something spoke to them, in other words 'Atom' which may actually be some dark entity like Quag'tuloth or was it Quag'loth?  Quagmire'loth of the Giggity Goo, whatever I forget the name.  Anyway then this 'Atom' made them immune to radiation in exchange for serving him and spreading his 'glory' and influence across the wasteland.  After all they did say their immunity was a gift from Atom.

So yeah that's a little theory of mine on the CoA.  I believe we will actually find out the truth about them when we get to Far Harbor, and that there will be Lovecraft references galore!  Hey who knows...maybe we'll even meet 'Atom.'

Woah, that is one interesting theory. That actually sounds like it would be really cool to see, especially if we got a quest to stop them or something. It is kind of odd that they are immune. i never really put much thought into it but you could certainly be on to something!

PostSubject: Re: Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies   Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies Empty

Back to top Go down

Far Harbor Locations, Weapons, Enemies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next