Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
wolfenstein Call money machine ghoul mandalorian Overhaul dead Mask marvel vault daryl power Ryse riot khan commonwealth boom Reforged hunk Gear Superpele gauss NPCs boomers body
Latest topics
» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby HunterWorld Today at 3:57 am

» Afterlife discord
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby brivonu Today at 12:38 am

» How to change the UI sound fx placed by a mod?
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby immortallegion Mon May 13, 2024 12:40 am

» big red exclamation marks
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby teslatest Sun May 12, 2024 6:02 pm

» [FNV] Menu and cursor doesnt show up
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby Anesthatic Sat May 11, 2024 10:20 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby Allthis Fri May 10, 2024 8:20 pm

» The Next fallout
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 5:13 am

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 5:08 am

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby Luke Priefer Thu May 09, 2024 11:16 pm

» Starfield
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby Velken Thu May 09, 2024 4:34 am

» Not new, but been a long time
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 5:31 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 6:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
So long, and thanks for all the fish Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 am

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

So long, and thanks for all the fish

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

So long, and thanks for all the fish Empty
PostSubject: So long, and thanks for all the fish   So long, and thanks for all the fish EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 8:10 pm

2 years ago, my friend xxShepardxx suggested that I sign up for a little site called VGU.  Some of you may have heard of it.

And now, 2 years later, the time has come to say goodbye.  I had originally typed up a massive, 1400+ word post detailing the reasons behind this decision - but as I proofread and revised it, I decided the original was just too negative.  The short, polite version of that wall of text is that the 'modding' chapter of my life has come to an end.  And with it, my tenure here should as well.

I've dedicated nearly 5 years to this hobby, learning what seemed like an endless amount of stuff.  In the past 2 especially, I achieved some things that I'm very proud of.  But Fallout 4 is upon us, a game that I don't particularly like now that the hype has worn off.  And so instead spending years pouring stuff into yet another game, I'm going to focus my energy on other things.  Like writing and fitness, both of which I've grown increasingly obsessed with in recent months.

So, to the friends I've made here, thank you for being amazing people that helped make this place one of my favorite to visit.  Thanks for sharing your knowledge, and for treating me with enough respect to allow me to share mine.  I'm not always an easy person to deal with - no one knows that better than I do.  But I've never had anything but the best interests of this place at heart.

And to the select few who sign up with malicious intent (leaking mods)... there are a whole lot of awesome projects, for many games, that will never be publicly released because of people like you.  So maybe instead of being ***holes, try to show the people that do this stuff a little respect.  

I'm not fishing for comments (good or bad) or 'testimonials' or whatever by making this topic, and so my final act as a sentinel of GUN will be to lock it - and I request that it remain locked.  The only reason I am posting this at all, is because I've been here long enough that it would be lame to permanently disappear without explanation.  There's a few PMs I need to send, so I may be around here and there for a day or so.  Probably should have done that first but hey, I'm nothing if not ass-backwards.

Anyway, with those things said, goodbye, GUN.  It was mostly a lot of fun... mostly.

Tesvixen
Back to top Go down

So long, and thanks for all the fish

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1