Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
vault money Reforged body Superpele commonwealth wolfenstein ghoul khan boom Mask space Gear dead riot upgrades Call machine NPCs boomers Ryse mandalorian daryl hunk marvel FCOM
Latest topics
» Modder looking for gun mods
Wattz laser weapons Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Wattz laser weapons Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Wattz laser weapons Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:29 am

» Late Introduction
Wattz laser weapons Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:29 pm

» Greetings!
Wattz laser weapons Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Wattz laser weapons Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Wattz laser weapons Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Wattz laser weapons Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Wattz laser weapons Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:01 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Wattz laser weapons Emptyby DoxxxBoxx Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:33 pm

» hi i'm new person
Wattz laser weapons Emptyby Jackfishproductions Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:00 pm

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Wattz laser weapons Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:15 am

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Wattz laser weapons Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Wattz laser weapons Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:37 pm

» Fallout Screenshots XIV
Wattz laser weapons Emptyby Smellen D'generes Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:06 pm

» New person
Wattz laser weapons Emptyby W0NDER0FY0U Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:29 pm

» Howdy pardners.
Wattz laser weapons Emptyby DVAted Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:06 am

» Suggestions for a Halo Themed TTW Playthrough
Wattz laser weapons Emptyby apatheticman Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:44 am

» who here is a mandalorian??
Wattz laser weapons Emptyby chazmister Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:13 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Wattz laser weapons Emptyby Ndf Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:29 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Wattz laser weapons

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ededed117

ededed117

Wattz laser weapons Empty
PostSubject: Wattz laser weapons   Wattz laser weapons EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 4:41 am

Anyone here is the fan of the Wattz laser weapons from the original Fallout series? Personally I like them way better than the AER9 type in FO3, especially after bethesda get lazy and decided that every single fucking laser weapons in the world now use that stupid looking square standardize laser barrel, even the musket (seriously, it looks like I have every single part of a functioning laser rifle, but imma decided to be wastelandishy and disassemble it and put it together in some sort of weird contraption and a crank). I personally like the wattz 2000 rifle the most. I wanna hear what other people think about energy weapons in FO3/FNV/FO4. What do you think can be improve/add on?
Wattz laser weapons 2580563-1398871157
Back to top Go down
GenericRifleman

GenericRifleman

PostSubject: Re: Wattz laser weapons   Wattz laser weapons EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 12:13 pm

I'm... I'm quite glad someone mentioned that about the musket. It seems like a complete waste of material. I could understand if the minutemen upgraded its power with those modifications, but otherwise it feels completely aesthetic and practically useless.

However, it feels more streamlined with the majority of laser weapons using that module, the block-esc one. In real life, I could totally see the military implementing that into multiple designs, and from that aspect it makes total sense. The musket is just an unfortunate side effect. I think they're just fine, to be honest. But you do have a point. There should be more variety. Even in fallout, real gun companies like Glock exist and they created their own energy weapons for military and civvie use (BECAUSE AMERICA.) Wattz is no different, except that they were founded on energy weapons, rather than projectile firearms. I would definitely like to see updated versions of the original energy weapons in a DLC or even by a talented modder. With some actual concept art, because let's face it, a 1:1 recreation will look nowhere near as good as a faithful redesign/recreation.
Back to top Go down
Pickpox111

Pickpox111

PostSubject: Re: Wattz laser weapons   Wattz laser weapons EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 8:08 pm

That rifle looks awesome. Reminds me of what they did with the sniper rifle in FNV. I feel like the modding community isn't as interested in energy weapons nearly as much as the most beloved pistols, rifles and shotguns.

I can say I do notice a huge difference in FO4 using right weapon on mobs with resistances. That's pretty cool making use of your arsenal instead of just picking a favorite to coast through the whole game.

The wind up musket is not a favorite for me either. I try to pick something with as much punch as possible but also has a decent fire rate. I hate auto weapons. Nice spray but I go for accuracy and I hate wasting ammo.

My first Fallout game was FNV, then I got FO3. Not familiar with it's earlier releases. I really like that look of that laser rifle though. I'll have to see it in action on Youtube.

William Lionheart

Character sheet
Name: William Lionheart
Faction:
Level: 56

PostSubject: Re: Wattz laser weapons   Wattz laser weapons EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 4:18 am

I'm not really fond of those blocky models either, sure realistic speaking that is the kind of design we will be seeing in the first stages of real life laser weapons.

Honestly I prefer regular guns over laser weapons: Kill cam and just hearing the gun fire is what I love.

Tried doing a laser tech only playthrough in NV but that was rather hard seeing as I barely found any ammo......

Have yet to try it in Fallout 4 though.

As for the musket, I think they where inspired by it or at least they remind me of the musket laser rifle from futurama.

Hell they already made a sound mod for it and it basically is spot on.

Last edited by William Lionheart on Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ededed117

ededed117

PostSubject: Re: Wattz laser weapons   Wattz laser weapons EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 5:54 am

@"Pickpox111" There should be a FO3 and FNV version of that rifle on nexus, check it out bro, I recommend you to play the original Fallout 1 n 2 as well

@"AceofSnakes" Lol yeah the concept for these been around since 1997, so yeah i'd love to see some adjustment to fit modern aesthetic a lilttle bit.

@"William Lionheart" Hahahaha i didn'r remember that. Now I have to go watch it again
Back to top Go down
Distortion

Distortion

Character sheet
Name: Distortion
Faction: of none of your damn business
Level: two fitty

PostSubject: Re: Wattz laser weapons   Wattz laser weapons EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 10:57 am

I am a man of options, I love having the original laser rifles on top of the wattz laser rifle. Energy weapons are kind of a soft spot for me lol but, nevertheless i liked them both even though bethesda is kind of lazy with the design.
Back to top Go down
ededed117

ededed117

PostSubject: Re: Wattz laser weapons   Wattz laser weapons EmptyTue Jan 26, 2016 11:21 am

@"craigross93" That is true. I guess don't entirely discount the AER series,but i hate how it became like the default laser tech of FO world. I guess it's rational, like how the Magrail became standardize on many assault rifle. I just hate seeing that blocky laser barrel on everything from musket to gatling.
Back to top Go down
deathcast

deathcast

Character sheet
Name: deathcast
Faction: Brotherhood Of Steel , New York Chapter
Level: 78

PostSubject: Re: Wattz laser weapons   Wattz laser weapons EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 8:39 am

I didn't play any fallout before Fallout 3. I know a mod that has the Weapons from the Interplay owned Fallout(s) here's a link http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/37002/?

MickyJim

MickyJim

PostSubject: Re: Wattz laser weapons   Wattz laser weapons EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 1:09 pm

That model looks very nice! Make an option to Polymerise it in crafting for added whumph.

Would be neat to have the more "traditional" rifle grip one from the original games as an alternative as well. You could maybe have those ones as a civilian version (Wattz Sunbeam, the alternative name for it in F1) and this one as the militarised version (Wattz M-2071, more upgradeable, fully automatic as an option, more damage), sort of like the difference between an M1A and EBR.

And yeah, as someone said, it's good to at least have the option of the AER-19. Variety is the spice of life and all that.

Generally, though, I tend to avoid energy weapons. I don't know, I just feel like they lack the punch and feel of conventional kinetics, and I tend to feel more, for want of a more original word, immersed if I know the gun actually exists. I get more of a sense of weight and reactivity from them. Plus, in previous games, the energy weapon sounds have just been... blugh. Pew pew pew, no punch at all. Give me the crack of gunpowder any day of the week. Fallout 4 was a massive improvement in this regard, but I still find myself drifting towards conventional firearms.

Don't get my started on the plasma weapons though. No Looks like something an 11-year old glued together with dishsoap bottles and spent batteries.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wattz laser weapons   Wattz laser weapons Empty

Back to top Go down

Wattz laser weapons

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1