Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Reforged Call space Ryse vault commonwealth body Superpele Gear ghoul Mask riot marvel khan boomers FCOM hunk upgrades dead boom daryl machine wolfenstein mandalorian NPCs money
Latest topics
» Modder looking for gun mods
Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!! Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!! Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:13 pm

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!! Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:29 pm

» Late Introduction
Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!! Emptyby Battleclad Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:29 am

» Greetings!
Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!! Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!! Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!! Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:50 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!! Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:52 pm

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!! Emptyby Bset Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:01 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!! Emptyby DoxxxBoxx Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:33 pm

» hi i'm new person
Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!! Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!! Emptyby Skroge Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:15 am

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!! Emptyby CommunistDragon Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:18 am

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!! Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sun Feb 18, 2024 7:37 am

» Fallout Screenshots XIV
Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!! Emptyby Smellen D'generes Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:06 am

» New person
Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!! Emptyby W0NDER0FY0U Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:29 am

» Howdy pardners.
Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!! Emptyby DVAted Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:06 am

» Suggestions for a Halo Themed TTW Playthrough
Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!! Emptyby apatheticman Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:44 am

» who here is a mandalorian??
Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!! Emptyby chazmister Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:13 am

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!! Emptyby Ndf Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:29 am

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
smokey.0010

smokey.0010

Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!!   Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!! EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 1:38 am

SPOILERS Hey Everybody I was just wondering who do you think the good guys in Fallout 4 are, the choices, for me at least, seem very grey. The BOS seem much more like the Outcast and Western Brotherhood but not like the Lyon's pride. Please give me your thoughts on the rest of the factions, they all seem like something is wrong with them.

smokey.0010

smokey.0010

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!!   Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!! EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 2:18 am

See I never thought to call the BOS Nazis, but that's a really good point they are really biased and closed minded, I finished with the railroad ending I'm not gonna say anything, but I actually like the railroad the most. I mean I love the really grey areas but there seems to be no really "good" ending, (not that the slideshow matters which pissed me off) but there seems to be only less worse endings.

Also that mod is really really funny haha Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!! 1f605

Doggo

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!!   Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!! EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 2:47 am

So I see a lot of BoS fascist comparisons, and I can see that. However they are doing more to help the people than anyone and have the armaments to make the commonwealth better. They send patrols to eliminate raiders and super mutants. The railroad ONLY cares about the synths and it reminds me a lot about some current political issues where a place is more worried about a small minority than everyone else's safety. The minutemen are the most morally white, they don't do anything bad, they just don't do a whole lot. I dislike them because they're really boring. The institute does a ton wrong and could help the commonwealth but decided not to. They have no overarching goal besides existing.
Back to top Go down
geminispark262

geminispark262

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!!   Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!! EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 5:45 am

In a short run, the minutemen has the best interest for the commonwealth, but just like Doggo said, they don't do a lot because they don't have the resources. I feel what is best for the minutemen is to join/allied w/ BoS just like Nevada Rangers merged into NCR.
Back to top Go down
D7Rock88

D7Rock88

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!!   Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!! EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 7:17 am

Well I think the BOS and minutemen are the good guys, though I personally prefer the BOS.  Now I know that they're pretty racist against ghouls, super mutants, and synths, but its not without reason.  When it comes to the super mutants, you have to remember that the East Coast BOS have not had the same interaction with them as the West Coast BOS.  I remember in New Vegas when McNamara sends you to Black Mountain he mentions that they originally left the place alone out of respect, because of Marcus leading the mutants there, but once Marcus was gone and Tabitha took over and they became hostile it was different story.  My point is, the west coast has plenty of friendly super mutants, whereas the East Coast seems to only have super mutants interested in eating and killing humans, Fawkes of course being an exception and perhaps the only one (I don't think Strong really qualifies since he still seems interested in eating and killing other humans except you)  So yeah is it a little easier to see why the East Coast BOS wants to wipe out the super mutants now?  Also a fun fact, the super mutants in the Common Wealth see themselves as the superior race and all other races as lesser fit only to be eaten or killed.  Seems to me like they're Nazi-ish themselves, yep...big dumb Nazis.

As for the ghouls well despite what a lot of people seem to think, the BOS may infact be racist towards them, but they are still very clearly able to see that there is a difference between the normal ghouls and feral ghouls.  Just listen to what the BOS say.  Anytime they talk about killing ghouls they always state either "Feral ghouls" or "ferals" they never once state anything along the lines of "Death to all ghouls including the normal ones!" (or alteast I've never heard them say anything like that.)  So yeah, they may not like normal ghouls, but they will not go out of there way to kill them unless they turn feral, and at that point I'm pretty sure no one is going to have a problem with it.  Now when it comes to a place like the Slog (the all ghoul settlement) for example coming under attack I don't know that the BOS will ever go out of their way to help them, but they won't kill them...if something else does however I'm certain the BOS won't complain.

Now for synths its very easy to understand, they are machines with free thinking AI, which is a dangerous thing, and even though it hasn't really led to much trouble thus far, its more than possible for it go in that direction.  Now it is a bummer the BOS want to kill all of them just for what they are and I certainly don't agree with it, but I also don't think they're wrong in wanting to destroy the institute and stop their production of synths.

So yeah the BOS are definitely racist, but as for being Nazis well...they're still no where near the Enclave's level.  Atleast in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
vandenburger

vandenburger

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!!   Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!! EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 10:32 am

I find that all the factions have elements of good/evil and lets face it. Its all subjective. The ones i find run closest to being "good guys" are the railroad. BOS have some shady ideals and so do the Minutemen later on that make them less black and white.

Institute well lets be honest on the face of it straight up bad. their ideology might be to make the world a better place but the way they go about it is exceedingly questionable
Back to top Go down
Evmeister

Evmeister

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!!   Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!! EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 10:52 am

I hate how Bethesda chose a black and white approach to the BOS and the Institute. They could have made to where you felt more control of the organization and the direction you take after you over. I didn't play the after missions before starting a new play through but I doubt they did. They could have furthered the storyline where you can continue the Institute as is or change things. Make it a true savior to all. Instead of destroying the railroad they could have worked with them and changed the way synths were created and treated. Having Desdemona heading like a oversight committee.

Then the BOS, imagine those two factions working together. The BOS using the technology of the Institute to restore the commonwealth and the rest of the US. But No, Institute bad, kill kill kill! Maxson needed to die for that to happen and there is even evidence that might have been because there are many spoken lines by Danse referring to it because Danse was a Synth and the only way to come back to the BOS.

The grey area and the options that come with it is what makes Fallout great. For example, if you were able to bring the Geth and Quarians together in ME3, for me it was extremely satisfying, and would have been awesome if you could have done something similar with the BOS/Institute.

The Minutemen are the most good but seriously lacking with no real storyline to speak of. Huge missed opportunity by Beth but I think they might have had something bigger for them but ran out of time or budget or both to implement it. Or it didn't mesh with the other faction campaigns.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!!   Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout 4 Good Guys thoughts? SPOILERS!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1