Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
machine NPCs commonwealth money Reforged khan boom Call marvel Overhaul hunk Ryse Mask daryl riot Gear power dead wolfenstein body mandalorian boomers ghoul gauss Superpele vault
Latest topics
» Afterlife discord
Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 Emptyby DionysusDreams Yesterday at 8:34 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 Emptyby HunterWorld Sat May 18, 2024 10:57 pm

» How to change the UI sound fx placed by a mod?
Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 Emptyby immortallegion Sun May 12, 2024 7:40 pm

» big red exclamation marks
Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 Emptyby teslatest Sun May 12, 2024 1:02 pm

» [FNV] Menu and cursor doesnt show up
Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 Emptyby Anesthatic Sat May 11, 2024 5:20 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 Emptyby Allthis Fri May 10, 2024 3:20 pm

» The Next fallout
Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 12:13 am

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 12:08 am

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 Emptyby Luke Priefer Thu May 09, 2024 6:16 pm

» Starfield
Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 Emptyby Velken Wed May 08, 2024 11:34 pm

» Not new, but been a long time
Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 12:31 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 1:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:21 am

» Hey guys!!!
Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:46 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:42 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Comic books Anyone?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mandalore

Mandalore

Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic books Anyone?   Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 1:25 am

Hmm good question. Though I will say I most enjoyed the Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic Comic Series, great one.

Star Wars Dark Times was also awesome, had great characters.

Overall it was Star Wars comic books that got my attention.
Back to top Go down
Ted Sheckler

Ted Sheckler

PostSubject: Re: Comic books Anyone?   Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 2:23 am

Matt Wagner's Grendel, from the Original Hunter Rose to the spin-off Grendel Tales I've enjoyed every version of Grendel since the original, not many books have kept my attention as much as Grendel.

BITBUT

PostSubject: Re: Comic books Anyone?   Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 2:44 am

I thoroughly enjoyed The Killing Joke,although I am not a big fan of comic books and batman I'm general but this one is the 'shit'. It shows the Joker in his darkest form yet.And they are gonna make a episode of this on the CN but I'm worried that it will be too disturbing for kids thus dumbing it down.Oh how I wish they would have made into movie instead.
Back to top Go down
Neo-Rex

Neo-Rex

PostSubject: Re: Comic books Anyone?   Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 8:33 am

Well, I have been reading some of the classic Jurassic Park comics,mostly the "Raptor's" series.

TheThompsonBoss

PostSubject: Re: Comic books Anyone?   Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2016 9:13 am

I haven't read them in a while, but when I was in Middle School/High School I loved reading Ultimate Spider-Man! I felt the modern twist on Spider-Man worked so well and some of the enemies in my opinion were down right improvements. Venom and Green Goblin are good instances of this, so is Electro. Carnage was a little disappointing since he's really just a failed lab experiment, but most of the villains's new looks were incredible!

The storylines were good too. Most of the time it felt legitimate. You usually have comic book writers who try to portray teenagers, but end up failing because they go for all the stereotypes. However in Ultimate Spider-Man the teenagers felt real. Brian Micheal Bendis really knew what he was doing.

Besides the Ultimate Spider-Man stuff I don't really read any long going storylines or any particular comic series. Mostly I just pick up what I hear is good or I think looks interesting.

Actually I did read all of Blackest Night (Not counting the tie ins), and a bit of Marvel Zombies. I prefer Blackest Night, but both were interesting.
Back to top Go down
andresgrimm

andresgrimm

PostSubject: Re: Comic books Anyone?   Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 7:34 pm

I recommend Alan Moore's run on Swamp Thing, it made me fall in love with the character.

If you like Stephen King, then you should try The Dark Tower comics, it is a prequel to the books, and fills in a few things from them. (they are overseen by King himself)

His son Joe Hill is pretty good too, and you can tell that his style was influenced by his father, give Locke & Key a try if you enjoy that.

Manga-wise
I'll never not recommend Berserk and Tekkonkinkreet

Can't think of anything else off the top of my head atm, it's easier to remember great storylines in comics for me, because it's rare that a comic stays great through the entire series.

I haven't read Fables yet, but for several years now, I've been nagged to read it by a few friends.
Think I'll get to that soon.
Back to top Go down
Great Teacher Alex

Great Teacher Alex

PostSubject: Re: Comic books Anyone?   Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 EmptyThu May 19, 2016 11:55 pm

When it comes to punisher I recommend the MAX run and welcome back frank plus volume 8 from 2011 and the punisher warzone run from 2012.

Other recomendations I'd give are preacher, Jeremiah harm and fables.
Back to top Go down
thegreataimbottio

thegreataimbottio

PostSubject: Re: Comic books Anyone?   Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 12:24 am

I love comic books, especially the DC universe and Superman is my favorite character. Now that I'm older I honestly don't have the money or patience to wait for individual issues to come out and I don't like buying books for other heroes I'm not interested in so I like else-worlds stories/individual books that can stand alone as its own storyline.

That being said, I just read All-Star Superman and it was really good, I'm wondering now if anyone else can recommend any other comics that are just one storyline.
Back to top Go down
LukaTheJawa

LukaTheJawa

Character sheet
Name: Jawa Thief
Faction: Anti stormtrooper fedaration
Level: 15

PostSubject: Re: Comic books Anyone?   Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 1:35 am

Great Teacher Alex wrote:
When it comes to punisher I recommend the MAX run and welcome back frank plus volume 8 from 2011 and the punisher warzone run from 2012.

Other recomendations I'd give are preacher, Jeremiah harm and fables.

Have you read some of his war journals from the nineties ? there really good as well.
Back to top Go down
Great Teacher Alex

Great Teacher Alex

PostSubject: Re: Comic books Anyone?   Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 12:27 pm

lukaboot wrote:

Have you read some of his war journals from the nineties ? there really good as well.
I read the war journal run from 1988 to 1990 couple of years ago, its what got me back into reading comics.
Back to top Go down
GenericRifleman

GenericRifleman

PostSubject: Re: Comic books Anyone?   Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 12:39 pm

@Great Teacher Alex @lukaboot @Brigand231

Saw y'all talkin' bout my boy Frank Castle. Had some recommendations. The best run is the recent Edmonson Gerads run. It's not as brutal as the MAX run, but it's just as good. I've had the fortune of reading both. The Rucka Checchetto run is also really great. Now I have to say, the Edmonson run was much better in terms of creating a more realistic Frank Castle. So if you prefer him jumping through windows, gunning things down with two M60s, you're gonna have a bad time. This one is more precise and tactical, like a damn Navy SEAL (or as they claim he is in this iteration, he's an Ex-MSOR Marine.) Can't recommend this enough you guys, best punisher story by far and does major respect to the Real World military legacy the Punisher has.

Oh and I have all three volumes. Volume 1 & 3 are the best. The second one bridges the gap but it's not as good, so by all means, if you only have enough for two of the issues, get the first and third volumes.

@DVAted On Marvel's website, they have an online subscription service for 9 US dollars a month, basically lets you read most comics published in the last few years. It's not a comic in your hands, but I figure I'd let you know in case you wanted to have a full comic experience regardless. Smile (and no horrible advertisements which kill the mood on every other page which is a major plus.)
Back to top Go down
rojok2

rojok2

Character sheet
Name: Johan
Faction: New California Republic
Level: 25

PostSubject: Re: Comic books Anyone?   Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 EmptyFri May 20, 2016 10:52 pm

im a huge fan of judge dredd and all of the 2000 ad comic series. Another favorite is "The war that Time Forgot" its a collection of dc comics taking place on an uncharted island featuring us soldiers fighting dinosaurs during ww2.
Back to top Go down
GenericRifleman

GenericRifleman

PostSubject: Re: Comic books Anyone?   Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 EmptySat May 21, 2016 7:56 pm

rojok2 wrote:
im a huge fan of judge dredd and all of the 2000 ad comic series. Another favorite is "The war that Time Forgot" its a collection of dc comics taking place on an uncharted island featuring us soldiers fighting dinosaurs during ww2.

Woah... that sounds ridiculously hardcore. Really, really have to read this.
Back to top Go down
Mercy

Mercy

Character sheet
Name: Slan
Faction: Futadroids
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Comic books Anyone?   Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 EmptySat May 21, 2016 8:07 pm

People have already mentioned Preacher, which by the way on Sunday (tomorrow) is going to be showing the first episode of the live action depiction, prepare for awfulness.
Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 428
Back to top Go down
Deathstalker

Deathstalker

PostSubject: Re: Comic books Anyone?   Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 1:51 am

the only CBs i like are The Walking Dead. i watched the show 1st then read them

let me tell you this CB Governor is insane, Negan is pure awesome, Andrea is pure badass, and Rick is fallible

PROROOK363

Character sheet
Name: Shiromara
Faction: Headhunters
Level: 7

PostSubject: Re: Comic books Anyone?   Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 2:04 am

Absolutely in love with Transformers MTMTE (MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE). It has its ups and downs, but its definitely worthwhile.

LukaTheJawa

Character sheet
Name: Jawa Thief
Faction: Anti stormtrooper fedaration
Level: 15

PostSubject: Re: Comic books Anyone?   Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2016 6:31 am

deathstalker wrote:
the only CBs i like are The Walking Dead. i watched the show 1st then read them

let me tell you this CB Governor is insane, Negan is pure awesome, Andrea is pure badass, and Rick is fallible

I know dude once I read 100 walking dead comics on one day closed eyes smile
Back to top Go down
Deathstalker

Deathstalker

PostSubject: Re: Comic books Anyone?   Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 8:32 pm

lukaboot wrote:

I know dude once I read 100 walking dead comics on one day closed eyes smile

heh me too but not in one day, i got pdf's of the volumes in my ipod 5g. last summer
everyday i would read them in bed until i would go to sleep (or decide to get
some sleep because sometimes id just read them until dawn lol). i usually
blew past one volume a night- until i decided i should savor them and read them
when i go jogging with my brother during my cooldown and then finish them
at night.

have you caught up to the most recent issue?

MojavePlasma

Character sheet
Name: Alone at Hopesgrain
Faction: Lewd
Level: -10

PostSubject: Re: Comic books Anyone?   Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 10:16 pm

I'm a huge Batman fan, so I will tell some Comic Books that are my favorite:

The Killing Joke, Arkham Asylum (A serious house on serious Earth) , Gotham by Gaslight, Hush, Court of Owls and many others. Very Happy

I've read many others that are not my favorites but are pretty good (eg; Dark Knight Returns, Year One, etc...)

Discord: renaissance#1866
Back to top Go down
Alixen

Alixen

PostSubject: Re: Comic books Anyone?   Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 11:54 pm

What graphic novels do you enjoy the most? WHAT GRAPHIC NOVELS?! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhahahahahahahaha. Oh, god, I'm sorry, but I can't even begin to broach that question without dipping into insanity. I've been a comic nerd since I was child, and now as an adult with no sense and periods with some disposable income... well... just look...

My collection /or/ This could have gone towards my retirement:

And that's not even with my Berserk and Role-Playing shelf, where I keep my Fantasy Flight 'Star Wars' books and World of Darkness books.

As you can see in the second picture, I went to the effort just prior to the Disney buy out to grab pretty much every SW graphic novel ever released. So, I guess Star Wars would be the right answer? That said, I have a real soft spot for my Jessica Jones/Alias trades, and X-23. Brian Azzarello's Joker and Injustice also have places of pride on the top shelf too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Comic books Anyone?   Comic books Anyone? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Comic books Anyone?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next