Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
marvel khan hunk Reforged boom Superpele space boomers Call ghoul dead commonwealth riot money body NPCs Mask FCOM mandalorian machine daryl vault Ryse Gear upgrades wolfenstein
Latest topics
» Your favorite mods for F:NV
New dialog in Fallout 4 Emptyby ZedraxStereo Today at 2:44 am

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
New dialog in Fallout 4 Emptyby john96 Yesterday at 5:53 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
New dialog in Fallout 4 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:43 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
New dialog in Fallout 4 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:26 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
New dialog in Fallout 4 Emptyby Lupinboi Yesterday at 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
New dialog in Fallout 4 Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
New dialog in Fallout 4 Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
New dialog in Fallout 4 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
New dialog in Fallout 4 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
New dialog in Fallout 4 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
New dialog in Fallout 4 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
New dialog in Fallout 4 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
New dialog in Fallout 4 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
New dialog in Fallout 4 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
New dialog in Fallout 4 Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
New dialog in Fallout 4 Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» hi i'm new person
New dialog in Fallout 4 Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
New dialog in Fallout 4 Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
New dialog in Fallout 4 Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
New dialog in Fallout 4 Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

New dialog in Fallout 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Elroy911

Elroy911

New dialog in Fallout 4 Empty
PostSubject: New dialog in Fallout 4   New dialog in Fallout 4 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 7:28 pm

Fallout 4 intodruces a new dialog mechanic that we propably all have seen in action... what is your opinion on the minimalistic dialog options? Also what is your opinion in voiced dialogue in fallout in general?

squigglysheep

PostSubject: Re: New dialog in Fallout 4   New dialog in Fallout 4 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 7:38 pm

I like it, and I'm used to it since I've played all of the Mass Effect games; which it is similar to. As for voiced dialogue. It doesn't bother me at all if my character is voiced or not. Personally, a voice brings more emotion to your character and makes the scenes better, but that's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Elroy911

Elroy911

PostSubject: Re: New dialog in Fallout 4   New dialog in Fallout 4 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 7:39 pm

squigglysheep wrote:
I like it, and I'm used to it since I've played all of the Mass Effect games; which it is similar to. As for voiced dialogue. It doesn't bother me at all if my character is voiced or not. Personally, a voice brings more emotion to your character and makes the scenes better, but that's just my opinion.  
Yeah but arent you worried that it will limit your dialogue choices?

squigglysheep

PostSubject: Re: New dialog in Fallout 4   New dialog in Fallout 4 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 7:47 pm

@"Elroy911" If the dialog system is like Mass Effect's, and being able to branch off into more dialog, depending on who you're talking to, then no, I'm not worried.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New dialog in Fallout 4   New dialog in Fallout 4 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 7:52 pm

There's nothing 'minimalistic' about FO4's dialogue.  Both the male and female PC voice actors recorded over 13,000 lines apiece.

Last edited by Tesvixen on Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Elroy911

Elroy911

PostSubject: Re: New dialog in Fallout 4   New dialog in Fallout 4 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 7:54 pm

Tesvixen wrote:
There's no 'minimalistic' dialogue.  Both actors recorded over 13,000 lines apiece.
I meant the choices in fallout 3/NV you saw what you were going to say in Fallout 4 you see ()Positive ()Negative ()What is Newspaper ()Flirt or stuff like that

PostSubject: Re: New dialog in Fallout 4   New dialog in Fallout 4 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 8:00 pm

As long as the dialogue is a good approximation of the 'abbreviated' version then I don't care at all about that.  If I pick 'Hostile Response' and my character says "Back off before I ****ing kill you!" that's totally fine with me.

And as far as voiced dialogue goes, I'm 100% in favor of it.  I cannot stand when games have fully voiced NPCs but a silent PC.  I get the allure of it (easier to 'RP' as your own character when you can imagine the voice as you want it) but its still annoying as hell to me.  

For everything that Dragon Age 2 allegedly did wrong, Hawke being a fully voiced character was a great choice and made the character much more well-rounded/memorable than the 'Warden' in Origins.
Back to top Go down
Evmeister

Evmeister

PostSubject: Re: New dialog in Fallout 4   New dialog in Fallout 4 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 8:09 pm

One thing to mention also is the 13,000 lines of dialogue is a drop in the bucket compared to what was recorded for everything else. As both Brian, Courtenay, and Kal El said their lines are a very small portion of the dialogue in the game.

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Elroy911

Elroy911

PostSubject: Re: New dialog in Fallout 4   New dialog in Fallout 4 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 8:41 pm

Archi wrote:
I don't really have that much problem with style they went with but still...
It's little painful that all dialogs will be cuted to just topic. Well...
I think It's good until the talking options will be replaced with 2 emojis TongueTril
Haha yeah i think i saw that visualized with a screenshot from The Road somwhere

gabet347

PostSubject: Re: New dialog in Fallout 4   New dialog in Fallout 4 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 8:50 pm

I like the dialogue wheel, however, I hate how the spoken dialogue does not exactly match the options in the dialogue wheel. Really don't like that. CDprojekt did the same thing in witcher 3, but it seems like its worse in Fallout 4. I wanna know exactly what my character is going to say, not be shown some paraphrased/ abbreviated option. Like in the witcher, I'd press an option and then Geralt would say something and I'd be like well I wouldn't have chosen that option if I knew that that's what he was actually going to say. Because of that, I had to reload the game on numerous occasions to replay dialogue exchanges. Pretty annoying IMO.

PostSubject: Re: New dialog in Fallout 4   New dialog in Fallout 4 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 8:56 pm

Evmeister wrote:
One thing to mention also is the 13,000 lines of dialogue is a drop in the bucket compared to what was recorded for everything else. As both Brian, Courtenay, and Kal El said their lines are a very small portion of the dialogue in the game.

Correct.  FO4 has more dialogue than Skyrim and FO3 combined.

gabet347 wrote:
I like the dialogue wheel, however, I hate how the spoken dialogue does not exactly match the options in the dialogue wheel. Really don't like that. CDprojekt did the same thing in witcher 3, but it seems like its worse in Fallout 4. I wanna know exactly what my character is going to say, not be shown some paraphrased/ abbreviated option. Like in the witcher, I'd press an option and then Geralt would say something and I'd be like well I wouldn't have chosen that option if I knew that that's what he was actually going to say. Because of that, I had to reload the game on numerous occasions to replay dialogue exchanges. Pretty annoying IMO.

Hey, you could always mod it when the Creation Kit comes out! Its only 13,000 lines to correct!
Back to top Go down
gabet347

gabet347

PostSubject: Re: New dialog in Fallout 4   New dialog in Fallout 4 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 9:03 pm

@Tesvixen

Haha, I don't think it'd be worth the time. But then again.. It just irks me not knowing exactly what the character is going to say. I also dislike how some options for dialogue are simple "Yes", or "No"s. Not very informative choices. Hopefully there is not as big of a mismatch between options and actual dialogue as I think there'll be.

Last edited by gabet347 on Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Evmeister

Evmeister

PostSubject: Re: New dialog in Fallout 4   New dialog in Fallout 4 EmptySat Nov 07, 2015 9:58 pm

Tesvixen wrote:
Hey, you could always mod it when the Creation Kit comes out!  Its only 13,000 lines to correct!

Challenge accepted! Thumbs Up

Doggo

Doggo

PostSubject: Re: New dialog in Fallout 4   New dialog in Fallout 4 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 4:43 am

Its more or less the same as it has been. Go talk to some NPC's in new vegas or 3 and you'll realize its very similar (Positive, Negative, Neutral, ask to elaborate). It's actually a bit better this time around it seems, as people who have the game early (no spoilers) said that once you start a conversation with a certain tone (positive/negative) you have to stick to that. So you can't say "hey fuck you" then be like "oh I love your hat).
Back to top Go down
Mr_Lowrie

Mr_Lowrie

PostSubject: Re: New dialog in Fallout 4   New dialog in Fallout 4 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 8:13 am

I hope it doesn't feel like we are all playing the same character. I know they're is a vast amount of customization with faces and such but watching playthroughs and videos with the same voice. It might just ruin what fallout 3 and NV did for me which was feel like I was my own character. I love open world games but I hate sharing a character with people hopefully I am wrong and I will not get this feeling as I play fallout 4.

Legend

Character sheet
Name: Legend
Faction: Brotherhood of Plastic
Level: Windows 10

PostSubject: Re: New dialog in Fallout 4   New dialog in Fallout 4 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 8:21 am

Eh... chances are it will be modded anyway. That, or we see a few billion "Using my voice instead" mods pasted over the original content. At least then we can hear ourselves, I suppose. Recording over 13,000 lines though... good lord. I could also (hilariously, but seriously) see people taking the official PC-dialogue lines and making "voiced" dialogue a la SFM-style so that it fits. I remember seeing a few RPG Maker titles where the heroes were voiced using snippets of dialogue from their official counterparts. I see this as an interesting challenge presented to modders; one which I will quite enjoy taking on myself.

Mr_Lowrie

PostSubject: Re: New dialog in Fallout 4   New dialog in Fallout 4 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 8:23 am

Legend wrote:
Eh... chances are it will be modded anyway. That, or we see a few billion "Using my voice instead" mods pasted over the original content. At least then we can hear ourselves, I suppose. Recording over 13,000 lines though... good lord. I could also (hilariously, but seriously) see people taking the official PC-dialogue lines and making "voiced" dialogue a la SFM-style so that it fits. I remember seeing a few RPG Maker titles where the heroes were voiced using snippets of dialogue from their official counterparts. I see this as an interesting challenge presented to modders; one which I will quite enjoy taking on myself.

What would be really awesome is if someone got the voice actor of three dog to do a voice replacer Wink

PostSubject: Re: New dialog in Fallout 4   New dialog in Fallout 4 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 9:12 am

Legend wrote:
Eh... chances are it will be modded anyway. That, or we see a few billion "Using my voice instead" mods pasted over the original content.

I doubt it. Personally speaking I wouldn't record 13,000 lines of dialogue if you paid me, much less for free. closed eyes smile

Back to top Go down
aerystmd

aerystmd

PostSubject: Re: New dialog in Fallout 4   New dialog in Fallout 4 EmptySun Nov 08, 2015 10:17 am

I be practicing my Schwarzenneger voice with MC's dialogue script once it comes out. Probably won't be good but I be like reading it more as a hobby every free time I get. 13,000 lines? Seems like good reading while in the toilet.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSxiWxc620dpLFj4nUt_bqA
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New dialog in Fallout 4   New dialog in Fallout 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

New dialog in Fallout 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next