Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
money NPCs riot Gear marvel gauss Reforged daryl boomers dead hunk machine Ryse wolfenstein body Overhaul Mask power ghoul khan mandalorian boom Superpele Call commonwealth vault
Latest topics
» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 Emptyby HunterWorld Today at 2:57 am

» Afterlife discord
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 Emptyby brivonu Yesterday at 11:38 pm

» How to change the UI sound fx placed by a mod?
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 Emptyby immortallegion Sun May 12, 2024 11:40 pm

» big red exclamation marks
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 Emptyby teslatest Sun May 12, 2024 5:02 pm

» [FNV] Menu and cursor doesnt show up
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 Emptyby Anesthatic Sat May 11, 2024 9:20 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 Emptyby Allthis Fri May 10, 2024 7:20 pm

» The Next fallout
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 4:13 am

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 4:08 am

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 Emptyby Luke Priefer Thu May 09, 2024 10:16 pm

» Starfield
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 Emptyby Velken Thu May 09, 2024 3:34 am

» Not new, but been a long time
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 4:31 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 5:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:42 pm

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

FO3 or NV?
Fallout 3
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 I_vote_lcap37%Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 I_vote_rcap
 37% [ 55 ]
Fallout New Vegas
Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 I_vote_lcap63%Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 I_vote_rcap
 63% [ 93 ]
Total Votes : 148

AuthorMessage

Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 11:50 am

FO3 was never my cup of tea to the point where I, in my opinion, completely deny that there is a video game called Fallout 3.
For me New Vegas is a proper "next gen" title in the Fallout series.
Better story, setting, music, generally its a major improvement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 12:04 pm

I could hit the 'word cap' disagreeing with Raze, but I respect his opinion as he's entitled to it.

To me Fallout 3 is a better game in practically every regard, and almost all of New Vegas' notable improvements were Fallout 3 mods that Obsidian baked into the game (weapon mods for example).

I prefer the atmosphere and setting of Fallout 3 to NV... every location in FO3 reminds you that you're standing in a place where bombs fell.  Radiation, shattered buildings, old bunkers, burned skeletons in their beds or by rubble... New Vegas starts you out in a perfectly intact home, and sends you to a saloon.  Okay.

And then there's the story of Fallout 3, which has you fleeing Vault 101 to find your dad, who is trying to give pure water to a wasteland accustomed to radiation and poison.  In New Vegas you're a messenger who gets shot, patched up, and works his/her way through a game of faction feud that ends with an laughably anti-climactic 'battle' at Hoover Dam - after which you can't even continue your game.  Smooth.

So yeah, Fallout 3 all the way for me.  New Vegas is a fine game in and of itself... but it feels like some odd Fallout 3 total conversion to me more than a standalone game.
Back to top Go down
DimDim009

DimDim009

Character sheet
Name: Clark
Faction: BoS
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 5:22 pm

personally, only played Fallout 3 so far... Waiting to purchase it on steam, hoping it will go on sale soon Very Happy

But Fallout 3 was great, and based on the screenshots on here, I can only assume NV is jsut as good or better

"Not to me. And not to any clone."
Back to top Go down
Reactorcore

Reactorcore

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 6:31 pm

Hard to say. The atmosphere and story of Fallout 3 was incredible, but also I like the "new features"/recycled mods in New Vegas. TTW gives me the best of both worlds, but out of the two (vanilla) I'd have to go with FO3 as well. I'm not a very big fan of the western themes in NV either.

Jordingdong

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 6:51 pm

Depends Fallout new Vegas had a better weapon list, the armor was not as good as Fallout 3. Fallout new Vegas had a ok story but Fallout 3 had a much better main quest line and finally Fallout new Vegas had better mechanics e.g. hard-core and iron sights without a mod. Overall I have personally had more fun on Fallout 3 so that wins out.
Back to top Go down
gaw72290

gaw72290

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 7:20 pm

i did like FNV's improved interface and gameplay additions, as well as more equipment and armor.

but i really loved the story and feel of FO3, as well as the lone wanderer. Maybe my favorite thing about FO3 though was how you really did feel like a scavenger for much of the game. It was not out of the question to run out of ammo in the middle of a firefight and be forced to switch to that random sledgehammer you found in a building 20 mins ago.

thesmallprint

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 7:47 pm

Tricky to say. 3 felt more 'full' in that your character had a better story arc and relations with other characters (your dad, Amata etc.). It also felt more desperate and dire. NV had a warmer feel to it but a more confused and disjointed story line. It also had a better engine: built in a lot of mod features like food, water, sleep etc.

The most important thing about both of them though, and really all Bethesda games is their modability. I mean, it's prety unlikely people would still be playing them if they were not moddable, and for that, Bethsoft, I salute you.
Back to top Go down
gamer9421

gamer9421

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 3:31 pm

I preffer the fallout new vegas because it has better armors , weapons , better locations and a better story in my oppinion

snowglobecollector

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 6:24 pm

I prefer New vegas since fallout 3 got unplayable.But if there were the same mods for fallout 3 as for new vegas I would like fallout 3 much more than Vegas (I heard of ttw,but I heard of the possible problems too TongueTril )
Back to top Go down
ZeroParticle

ZeroParticle

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 8:19 pm

The thing I liked about New Vegas was that your narrative choices, especially in the main story, had a lot more impact. You are in essence the king maker. You alone decide who wins, who loses, who lives and who dies. This is also the reason they can't let you keep playing after the ending - your choices have changed the Mojave so drastically that it would be very difficult and time consuming for the aftermath of your choices to show up in game.

Fallout 3 had much better atmosphere and a more poignant plot. But that came at the expense of narrative freedom. It feels as though they wrote the story first from start to finish, with choices being tacked on.

Which, I think, is why there was a few illogical "but thou must" moments in the story - for instance, the fact that in the original game, despite having potentially 3 companions who could have activated Project Purity without any negative effect, you are the one who must do it. Or the end of Broken Steel, when you can choose to blow up the Brotherhood with no real logical justification in game.

New Vegas is also better at portraying factions with varying degree of moral grayness. Where as NCR, House, and even Caesar's Legion all had their good and bad, things feels much more black and white in Fallout 3. The BOS is pretty much the pinnacle of justice with very little fault, where as evil factions have almost no redeeming quality - super mutants, slavers, the Enclave.
Back to top Go down
thesmallprint

thesmallprint

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 8:28 pm

ZeroParticle wrote:
The BOS is pretty much the pinnacle of justice with very little fault, where as evil factions have almost no redeeming quality - super mutants, slavers, the Enclave.

Hah, you say that. Have a look in the 'Enclave vs BOS' thread (or something along those lines). There are quite a few people in there arguing that the Enclave's plan to eliminate the entire population bar themselves is somehow not black but grey.

I agree though. I liked the fact that the NCR was not whiter than white - Boone's story showed that up.
Back to top Go down
ZeroParticle

ZeroParticle

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 8:35 pm

thesmallprint wrote:
ZeroParticle wrote:
The BOS is pretty much the pinnacle of justice with very little fault, where as evil factions have almost no redeeming quality - super mutants, slavers, the Enclave.

Hah, you say that. Have a look in the 'Enclave vs BOS' thread (or something along those lines). There are quite a few people in there arguing that the Enclave's plan to eliminate the entire population bar themselves is somehow not black but grey.

I agree though. I liked the fact that the NCR was not whiter than white - Boone's story showed that up.

Yeah, I saw that. My point is more about moral grayness in game. Outside of the game, we could discuss the merits of the Enclave plan (if any). In game though, pretty much everyone and their dog hated the Enclave's gut. It's been some time, but I can't recall any non-Enclave NPC saying stuff like "you know, the Enclave aren't actually that bad if you think about it".

In New Vegas though, a lot of NPC will say good and bad things about every faction. For instance, Raul talks about how Caesar's Legion actually made Arizona less of a hellhole. Or Cass admitting the Legion makes travel safe, etc. Pretty much the only human faction depicted as irredeemably evil is the Fiends.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Crepsley

Mr. Crepsley

Character sheet
Name: Fried Chicken Man
Faction: Factions? pffffffffffffff
Level: 0.0000000001

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 11:24 pm

Well, I liked Fallout 3 more than New Vegas more before on the consoles but ever since I got NV for PC I've been thinking about deleting FO3 TongueTril since I barely play it at all now. And New Vegas was able to run an ENB for me while FO3 couldn't. But I love both games! Smile so I'll just leave it at that.

mpaz96

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 11:49 pm

I think "vanilla" Fallout 3 is better than New Vegas, but New Vegas with mods makes it better than Fallout 3.

Irishblood101

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 12:10 am

Fallout 3 had a better atmosphere to it in my opinion, it looked and felt like a barren wasteland, and DC felt like a well and truely destroyed city, I liked the extra skills in the game too, that said, it had its share of problems, a lot of them, an hour in I had a set of power armour and a mininuke, which is derp, and I was never too keen on the railroaded story or that horrifically bugged out end battle with Liberty Prime.

On the other hand, Fallout NV had way more options, in terms of the weapon mods, ammo, weapons themselves, hardcore, etc, the story branches out and involves like a half dozen factions, decisions you make matter and the game play and characters were all pretty solid, also some of the DLCs were killer. The downside, I bought that piece of buggy crap at release and hated having to wait for patches and mods to make it playable, and I did not get into the whole "old west" feel of it, though the latter is a personal taste thing.

None of it really matters though if you just get TOTW lol.
Back to top Go down
DesertRanger2281

DesertRanger2281

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 12:52 am

Personally I have to go with New Vegas, and although Fallout 3 is a great game, New Vegas brings you to a more modernized setting of the desert from the first two games, surviving in a dusty desert looking for water and bullets for your favorite revolver. That's the classic Fallout setting
Back to top Go down
kasupon57

kasupon57

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 11:57 am

FO3 is world design and presence of BoS like
NV is systems and many Mods like better than
Back to top Go down
bloodshot79

bloodshot79

PostSubject: Fallout 3 or Fallout New vegas   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 11:29 pm

Which one was your favorite for me its hard to decide I loved the first games atmosphere and story, nothing was better than fighting mutants in a bombed out D.C but i also loved New vegas because it made me feel like a lawless outlaw in the New wild west where anything was a possibility.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 EmptySun Feb 01, 2015 11:34 pm

There's already a couple of topics like this, Blood - this being the most current one.

http://vgunetwork.forumotion.net/t675-do-you-prefer-fallout-3-or-new-vegas#

(not griping at you, just steering you toward an already active conversation on the matter)

Staff Edit: Topics Merged Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?   Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas? - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you prefer Fallout 3 or New Vegas?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next