Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
khan money dead gauss Reforged marvel body power Overhaul ghoul Gear boomers commonwealth boom daryl machine NPCs Superpele Call mandalorian vault Mask Ryse riot wolfenstein hunk
Latest topics
» Afterlife discord
Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 Emptyby DionysusDreams Today at 1:34 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 Emptyby HunterWorld Today at 3:57 am

» How to change the UI sound fx placed by a mod?
Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 Emptyby immortallegion Mon May 13, 2024 12:40 am

» big red exclamation marks
Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 Emptyby teslatest Sun May 12, 2024 6:02 pm

» [FNV] Menu and cursor doesnt show up
Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 Emptyby Anesthatic Sat May 11, 2024 10:20 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 Emptyby Allthis Fri May 10, 2024 8:20 pm

» The Next fallout
Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 5:13 am

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 5:08 am

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 Emptyby Luke Priefer Thu May 09, 2024 11:16 pm

» Starfield
Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 Emptyby Velken Thu May 09, 2024 4:34 am

» Not new, but been a long time
Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 5:31 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 6:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 am

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Fallout 4 Discussion.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Soju

Soju

Character sheet
Name: ----------------------
Faction: ---------------------
Level: ----------------------

Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 5:02 am

I think Boone in Fallout New Vegas does, sure it wasn't made by them but, surely they could at least get some idea from it. He has some depth at least and we get to learn his backstories.

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 5:05 am

New Vegas had some awesome companions for sure, Wolf. That's actually my favorite aspect of the game.
Back to top Go down
FieldPyro

FieldPyro

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 5:30 am

Hopefully it will be seamless indoor to outdoor transitions. No loading screens I hope.

blaze1514

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 5:55 am

alonewolf003 wrote:
I think Boone in Fallout New Vegas does, sure it wasn't made by them but, surely they could at least get some idea from it. He has some depth at least and we get to learn his backstories.

From what I am speculating, companions in general will be dumbed down even more... I bet you can get some of these random settlement people to be your companions. However I do believe there will be other companions that are more fleshed out. Maybe the important companions will give you perks as well, while "settlement Guard 371" might be way weaker with no perks... That is what I am expecting, although it is just speculation.

However I do hope that they have legitimate love interests/romantic followers. I don't want another "Cass". I am tired of the implied feelings. I want a full 10 or more fleshed out companions, where at least 4 are "romance interests". Even Serana, arguably the best companion Bethesda has made, wouldn't accept a romantic interest... Which, in my book is just sad.
Back to top Go down
Niik Havod

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 11:43 am

Wow, Bethesda really killed it at E3 this year! When they showed off Fallout 4, I could not believe what I was seeing.

Fallout 4 really just looks amazing to me in every way. The graphics, gameplay, environment were all fantastic. Additionally, something that really stood out was the crafting and building system. Fallout 4 displayed one of the best crafting systems I've ever seen.  For example, it really looks like you can make an average pistol into a unrecognizable deadly killing machine.  Also, the ability to create your own base or even community is very interesting and could add a really unique experience. However, the customizable power armor did it for me. Seriously, I did not think Power Armor could look so sexy.

In terms of the Dialogue and voiced protagonist, I have to say that I don't mind. I am aware and understanding of the things a voiced protagonist can limit but I am going to give it a chance. I also feel that having a character voice is better for a more complex story.

Overall, Fallout 4 looks like everything I wanted it to be and it's coming out this Year! My only hope for the game is to improve on their characters as I had trouble caring for the characters and companions in the past. Although Fallout New Vegas really improved on their companions, it could have been better in my opinion.  All that aside, it is a really great time to be a gamer!
Back to top Go down
usiel

usiel

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 10:22 pm

donta1979 wrote:

3. Stop complaining it will add more immersion look at the witcher 3 more story will be conveyed and you will actually care about your character because he will have a voice that expresses thoughts and feelings.

Witcher 3 is a horrible example. You're playing Geralt no matter how you look at it. Geralt is Geralt, and will always be Geralt. It's like Shepard. Shepard is still Shepard. Shepard kills Reapers. The Warden does his thing. Geralt is a Monster hunter for hire.

When I played Skyrim I was able to be Lady of the Reach, I was able to become a Seraphim. I could become an Assassin, or a master thief. Hell If I wanted I didn't have to become the Dovakiin and become the The Windhelm Butcher. With New Vegas there is similarities. I could be a psycho Pyromaniac, I could be a Prostitute, a Soldier because I can build those bonds with those characters. I can make up the voice for each character and apply it.

Hey look if you like the voice, that's fine, congrats you'll have a blast, but that doesn't mean that other people who do not like it should just be quiet. I am hoping there will be a way to remove the voice, because that is a personal choice. I'll still play it, it does look amazing, no doubt, but the voice part is very important to me.

EDIT: Not saying it's a bad game, it's a beautiful game and I love 99% of what is brought in. Hell I don't even mind that there's no skills (from what people suspect) and it just being perks. I can't formulate an opinion on it until I actually play it and then we can see how different we can make characters.
Back to top Go down
Devinfallout

Devinfallout

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 2:06 am

GUYS, This is for the Pip Boy edition!
It's a petition wanting Bethesda to produce more editions! Those dirty eBay resellers...
Anyways, this petition may be silly to sign, and may not work, but it will show that we want more.
Link? Ah.. uh.. sure! https://www.change.org/p/bethesda-fallout-4-pip-boy-edition-manufacture-more-pip-boy-editions-71651a00-291a-4912-a67b-a50baacb4e9f

Have fun.

EDIT: It says they'll be making a better, revised petition soon. For now this is the petition we have.

SuperDuperMutant

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 3:02 am

I don't think I've been as hyped for a game in the last few years as I am for Fallout 4. I am extremely exciting for the level of customizing that you can do to your weapons and equipment.

The only thing I'm not sure about, and hope will be cleared up in the future, was the way power armor was portrayed. I'm sure I'm wrong with it, but it felt like it was more of a "power up" than equippable armor.

Oh, there's two more things I don't like about the reveal. The waiting and the knowledge that I'm going to be ignoring life for a while.

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 4:43 am

Don't you think that a voiced main character will complicate quest création with Creation Kit ?
Back to top Go down
Soju

Soju

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 6:39 am

Marchiavel wrote:
Don't you think that a voiced main character will complicate quest création with Creation Kit ?

I'm sure people won't have a problem with an unvoiced main character like they did with the old Fallout. There will probably option for a muted protagonist for ones who likes them, if not, there will be a mod for it. Otherwise they're probably just going to have to deal with it I guess TongueTril .

Gyrard

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 6:47 am

I'm more upset with the character having a pre-determined past beyond something vague like being a courier. Feels like you're playing Bethesda's character, not your character. Fallout 3 pulled it off well because of the premise and Liam ****ing Neeson. We'll see how they do in Fallout 4, I suppose.

usiel

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 10:06 pm

Ya I Hear ya there Gyrard. I'm also saddened by that as well. Feels like I'll be playing "Their" character, make the choices "they" want.

I digress, I'm curious about something, making Armour Mods seems pretty straight forward, it's a more advanced version of Skyrim, which seems cool, but what about weapon Mods? How do you think that'll come into play because it looks like the "Modifications" of weapons is being removed (I'm speculating of course) and is being replaced to the whole "Build your own weapon" system. Not saying it's bad, not by a long shot, I love the build your own weapon idea, just curious on if there will be normal weapons with 3 Modifications.
Back to top Go down
blaze1514

blaze1514

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 10:53 pm

usiel wrote:
Ya I Hear ya there Gyrard. I'm also saddened by that as well. Feels like I'll be playing "Their" character, make the choices "they" want.
And is that truly a sad thing. Yes its not going to be as much your character anymore, however I am slightly exited. We all know that Bethesda's talent is storytelling, so I cannot wait to see what kind of story they want to tell with this character.

MiGCAP

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 11:14 pm

I'm hoping that every conversation won't be locked to four responses. Bethesda should make it so that if a conversation has more than four responses, three of those responses should be shown on the dialogue wheel, and then the fourth response would be replaced by an option to switch to another page of responses.
Back to top Go down
blaze1514

blaze1514

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 11:16 pm

MiGCAP wrote:
I'm hoping that every conversation won't be locked to four responses. Bethesda should make it so that if a conversation has more than four responses, three of those responses should be shown on the dialogue wheel, and then the fourth response would be replaced by an option to switch to another page of responses.
Or depending on what they used the Dpad for, some of the extra responses could be mapped to that.

donta1979

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 12:18 am

MiGCAP wrote:

You do realize to do that with a full voiced hero character is asking a lot right? The voice recording is done, you will get what they give you, like it or not at this point. Be thankful they gave us all they did during E3 they could had pulled a bone head publisher move like many did showed us a video and said ok we are done.

blaze1514

blaze1514

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 12:31 am

donta1979 wrote:
MiGCAP wrote:

You do realize to do that with a full voiced hero character is asking a lot right? The voice recording is done, you will get what they give you, like it or not at this point. Be thankful they gave us all they did during E3 they could had pulled a bone head publisher move like many did showed us a video and said ok we are done.

The thing about this is, most of the community seems to not have even wanted the voiced character in the first place. So saying that "Its asking a lot because of the voice character" is probably just making that sentiment even stronger.

Keevs

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 12:36 am

There would probably be an option to turn off the voice thing if people really want to, saying as there has been sooo much arguing for and against it, pretty much everywhere, but guess we need to wait till it's out to see...

Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 7MakDJW
Back to top Go down
blaze1514

blaze1514

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 12:56 am

Ahsoka wrote:
There would probably be an option to turn off the voice thing if people really want to, saying as there has been sooo much arguing for and against it, pretty much everywhere, but guess we need to wait till it's out to see...
I doubt that... They would have shown or mentioned it at E3. However I do beleave there will be mods to do that

Probably a mod that overhauls the look of the dialogue system, and that adds the full amount of what you are saying.
And then another mod that will silence the voice entirely.

Soju

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 EmptySat Jun 20, 2015 5:35 am

Gyrard wrote:
I'm more upset with the character having a pre-determined past beyond something vague like being a courier. Feels like you're playing Bethesda's character, not your character. Fallout 3 pulled it off well because of the premise and Liam ****ing Neeson. We'll see how they do in Fallout 4, I suppose.

Not really that much of a past, you have a wife, you have a child, you own a house, you have a Mr.Handy named Codsworth, they all died except Codsworth.

Fallout NV:
You're a courier for the Mojave Express, you don't have a wife, no children, you deliver a special chip, you got robbed and shot in the head, got rescued by Mr.House's robot.

FNV gives you more insight on your past if you ask me.

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Discussion.   Fallout 4 Discussion. - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout 4 Discussion.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next