Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
riot upgrades vault space Superpele hunk Call daryl mandalorian boomers NPCs ghoul dead khan body commonwealth money Gear machine wolfenstein Ryse boom Mask marvel FCOM Reforged
Latest topics
» Modder looking for gun mods
Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:52 am

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:01 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. Emptyby DoxxxBoxx Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:33 am

» hi i'm new person
Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:37 pm

» Fallout Screenshots XIV
Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. Emptyby Smellen D'generes Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:06 am

» New person
Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. Emptyby W0NDER0FY0U Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:29 pm

» Howdy pardners.
Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. Emptyby DVAted Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:06 pm

» Suggestions for a Halo Themed TTW Playthrough
Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. Emptyby apatheticman Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:44 pm

» who here is a mandalorian??
Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. Emptyby chazmister Wed Jan 24, 2024 8:13 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. Emptyby Ndf Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:29 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Monstermen

Monstermen

Character sheet
Name: Jake Lord
Faction: independent
Level: 50

Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. Empty
PostSubject: Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4.   Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 9:52 pm

I'm thinking of a deathclaw companion or even maybe a feral ghoul with some sort of device like helmet making the ghoul co-exist with humans, deleting his reasons for attacking innocent travelers and putting a modest behavior of loyalty. A character like a ghoul or mentioned an android who has been here since the war, and maybe he has information on the origins of what happened during that time.

These are just my wants nothing more!
Back to top Go down
https://instagram.com/monstermen_111/

PostSubject: Re: Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4.   Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 10:33 pm

For me, I think It'd be cool to have an android as a Companion. You may rescue them and they become a companion for you.
Perhaps, it'd be cool if you could somehow build your own android or something and make them fight at your side.
Back to top Go down
The New Skynet

The New Skynet

PostSubject: Re: Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4.   Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 10:50 pm

An android would be super cool. Androids are one of the things I'm most excited for in Fallout 4. Ever since that mission in Fallout 3, I've wanted to go and visit The Institute and all their advanced tech.

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.
Back to top Go down
Tekkers

Tekkers

PostSubject: Re: Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4.   Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 10:58 pm

All chances of having a deathclaw, (or an intelligent one atleast) are unlikely, due to this statement:

'' The Fallout Bible is mixed as to whether Xarn and Goris could reproduce and save the intelligent deathclaw breed. In a March 11, 2002 update, John Deiley (the creator and designer of much of the talking deathclaw content) wrote:

In any case, there is a chance that two intelligent deathclaws survived to continue on the species. I realize that they are both males, but that is fine. When they were engineered by the Enclave, the intelligence gene was made male specific and dominant. What this means is: Any intelligent male that mated with a non-intelligent female would (most likely) produce intelligent offspring.

However, in a later (July 10, 2002) update of the Fallout Bible, Chris Avellone denied that the intelligent deathclaws lived, writing:
BTW, the talking deathclaws were destroyed at the end of Fallout 2. Xarn and Goris did not go on to create a new species. They are gone. Kaput. Icon sic Goodbye. In fact, any mutant animal that talks can safely be assumed to have died at the end at the exact minute that Fallout 2 was over.
Any last words, talking animals?
I thought not.''

I would be hyped up for an android companion, it'd just be an interesting experience if executed right.

Any companion that has strong personality is a good one.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.meatspin.com
dingledong123

dingledong123

PostSubject: Re: Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4.   Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 2:21 am

look let's not beat around the bush here, the best reason to get a companion is to increase your carry weight and haul more loot out of raider dens.

so I want a pack brahmin Betsy was supposed to be a companion in New Vegas but was cut due to time restraints so hopefully Fallout 4 will let us have some kind of mule companion to use.

Hell maybe we can get something badass like a pack Yao Guai.  

lol!

Last edited by dingledong123 on Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ryumera

Ryumera

PostSubject: Re: Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4.   Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 2:31 am

An Android with a very high carry capacity. Need them to hold all my loot. Must be willing to wear power armor and like fancy things....

ANDROID DEATHCLAW!?

L33tWolf1775

PostSubject: Re: Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4.   Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 3:22 am

Wouldn't mind a Enclave Remnant or another uncommon companion like a Radscorpian (Giant) or something around there. I get tired of the same ole' humans, and what not.

I see what you did t Just a bored Star Wars fan, looking forward to some nice mods for Fallout and a generally nice community.
P.S: LONG LIVE THE C.I.S!
Back to top Go down
lilbost4

lilbost4

PostSubject: Re: Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4.   Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 4:46 am

Even though this has been done in past fallout games i would say either a super mutant or a paladin of the BoF. Think about it Fawkes in fallout 3 was a best and no one could even hurt you, plus he had a very decent carry weight. The paladin is the same way, a person supped up in power armor with a giant gun of some sorts.

But from what I've read on here alot of you guys have many great ideas.
Back to top Go down
benn33

benn33

PostSubject: Re: Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4.   Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 5:55 am

I'm really hoping for a strong silent type like Charon. He's such a badass. He can deal out so much damage while being calm and collected. But although, it'd be better if he was a little more... personal able, not like a statue. Other than that I hope there is a goal companion! Waving Smiley

MiGCAP

PostSubject: Re: Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4.   Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 6:02 am

The Lone Wanderer from FO3 in NPC form Banana Dance
Back to top Go down
VATROU

VATROU

PostSubject: Re: Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4.   Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 6:26 am

A Clone of Theodore Roosevelt. For reasons. I honestly think he would be a Badass and the next leader of the Enclave.

Check out my Fallout Alaska Fan Lore Master Thread 2, pop in, leave a suggestion, or simply comment. Why is it called a Master Thread? Well because it's where all my updates will go first.

Like Fallout Fan Fiction!? Check out Explorers of the New World Updated regularly. It's about Alaska and the Wackiness that ensues therein.
Back to top Go down
ApexEmissary

ApexEmissary

PostSubject: Re: Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4.   Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 6:36 am

I want to see a follower similiar to Boone attitude wise. Theres just a little bit of a charm with boone that i would miss moving onto fallout 4.
Back to top Go down
Tekkers

Tekkers

PostSubject: Re: Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4.   Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 11:27 am

Personally, I believe a sequels should explore new atmospheres, personalties, and character types.
So it'd make sense for me not to like a clone of Boone.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.meatspin.com
TheHermit

TheHermit

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level: 33

PostSubject: Re: Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4.   Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 11:35 am

I think it's highly likely that an android companion is already in the game and I hope it brings a story that wrestles with ideas of transhumanism, artificial intelligence, and ghost in the machine type themes - bringing in questions of ethics, evolution, nature, etc... (think Deus Ex)
Something like that would be awesome.

I'd also love to see some kind of punk or redneck character... a simpleton or something.

MY MODS & MODS I'VE CONTRIBUTED TO:

Back to top Go down
https://thehermit.bio.link/
LightTofu

LightTofu

Character sheet
Name: Haruka
Faction: Raider
Level: 56

PostSubject: Re: Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4.   Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 12:45 pm

Well, I would want something out of the norm. Preferably a companion who isn't exactly trained in combat or just coming along for the ride.
It would be nice to see a companion like Ellie from The Last of Us, Elizabeth from BioShock Infinite, or Clementine from the first Telltale's The Walking Dead in Fallout 4. Players have to take up a bodyguard role, meaning players will be the "Fighter" type of the duo, while the other one is the "Support."

I don't know, I would like that in Fallout 4.

Last edited by OhSoulless on Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
noodles1976

noodles1976

PostSubject: Re: Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4.   Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 2:00 pm

Honestly, none. No companions. They just get in the way. They're only useful as bullet sponges and pack mules...beyond that, I'd rather not be bothered with them at all. At least, that's how I feel about all the followers/companions in the previous Fallout games, in their un-modded form.

If Bethesda makes Fallout 4's companions behavior adjustable to your play style in it's initial release, as in an AI preset for stealth, commando and chicken-sh!t, then I'd say whatever the game throws at you. I'm not particular so long as the companions have some kind of separate story line to explore that has nothing to do with the main quest. The more side quests, the better.

N~dles

tehuitzaldebamf

tehuitzaldebamf

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4.   Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 2:15 pm

noodles1976 wrote:
Honestly, none. No companions. They just get in the way. They're only useful as bullet sponges and pack mules...beyond that, I'd rather not be bothered with them at all. At least, that's how I feel about all the followers/companions in the previous Fallout games, in their un-modded form.

If Bethesda makes Fallout 4's companions behavior adjustable to your play style in it's initial release, as in an AI preset for stealth, commando and chicken-sh!t, then I'd say whatever the game throws at you. I'm not particular so long as the companions have some kind of separate story line to explore that has nothing to do with the main quest. The more side quests, the better.

N~dles

Sometimes I feel like the only one who plays without a companion. Anyway, I agree with your statement. Usually when I'm trying to do an important quest, I'll have ED-E blocking the damn door or getting me shot for no good reason. Sometimes they venture off and do their own thing and ruin the lonely feel of the game. One of the reason's I play fallout is for the desolation, because the feeling of loneliness and having the whole world against you for survival makes the game feel more authentic.
Back to top Go down
noodles1976

noodles1976

PostSubject: Re: Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4.   Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 2:47 pm

^ I agree with you 100% tehuitzaldebamf! It was worse in FO3...you're the Lone Wanderer for Pete's sake! I've only ever used Willow as a companion for FNV, and she got on my nerves after a while...it's a great mod, don't get me wrong. I just kind of like being an army of one. Plus, I've always added my own custom .esp files that up the weapon damage for all the guns and melee weapons...so a single bullet or two will kill you deader than Caesar's Ghost...and a numpty follower skipping along, singing oldies and drawing the attention of nearly every armed maniac in the wasteland is a 'very bad thing' Smile I just didn't have the heart to tell her to shut up, so I just removed the mod instead!

Okay...thread derailment over, back on topic!

N~dles

Shadowvalor

Shadowvalor

PostSubject: Re: Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4.   Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 4:47 pm

Springboarding from what we know about Boston so far, I'd like to see a set of companions that come down to a choice. We know that there are renegade androids and bounty hunters; I think having a turning point quest where we get one or the other based on what "side" we choose during the quest line.

war1915

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4.   Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. EmptyFri Jun 12, 2015 7:04 pm

I'd like to have a android that has ran away from the Commonwealth much like Harkness in Fallout 3. And you could go around and possibly find upgrades for his systems and such.

PostSubject: Re: Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4.   Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4. Empty

Back to top Go down

Ideas of what type of companion you want in fallout 4.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next