Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
marvel vault riot machine Call mandalorian Superpele boomers money NPCs Gear dead space commonwealth body hunk wolfenstein daryl ghoul FCOM Mask Ryse khan upgrades Reforged boom
Latest topics
» Modder looking for gun mods
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:13 pm

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:29 am

» Late Introduction
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:29 pm

» Greetings!
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:52 pm

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:01 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 Emptyby DoxxxBoxx Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:33 am

» hi i'm new person
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:37 am

» Fallout Screenshots XIV
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 Emptyby Smellen D'generes Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:06 am

» New person
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 Emptyby W0NDER0FY0U Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:29 am

» Howdy pardners.
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 Emptyby DVAted Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:06 pm

» Suggestions for a Halo Themed TTW Playthrough
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 Emptyby apatheticman Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:44 pm

» who here is a mandalorian??
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 Emptyby chazmister Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:13 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 Emptyby Ndf Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:29 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Would you like a character voice for fallout 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Yes, I love the new Idea!
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 I_vote_lcap30%Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 I_vote_rcap
 30% [ 27 ]
No, But if we do. We riot!
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 I_vote_lcap11%Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 10 ]
If there were options...maybe
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 I_vote_lcap51%Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 I_vote_rcap
 51% [ 46 ]
Calm down! Your character won't be voiced.
Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 I_vote_lcap8%Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 91

AuthorMessage
Svide

Svide

Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 Empty
PostSubject: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 1:08 am

I saw the trailer and almost cried. I had a smile on my face the whole way through till I heard the vault dweller Talk. Then It when to a straight frown. (I'm dead serious)

Like this idea is worse than the paid mod Idea.....Just saying...

Note:
I've posted this on bethesda's forums and alot of good feedpack with the polls and comment.s so I thought I would bring it on here to see what you guys think.
Back to top Go down
NKR2015

NKR2015

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 1:11 am

Honestly, the voice would kill the immersion for me. Seriously I'd rather just have no voice for my character than have a voice GIVEN to me. That would be insufferable for the countless hours I would be playing that game.
Back to top Go down
Svide

Svide

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 1:14 am

NKR2015 wrote:
Honestly, the voice would kill the immersion for me. Seriously I'd rather just have no voice for my character than have a voice GIVEN to me. That would be insufferable for the countless hours I would be playing that game.

I totally agree, I want to play as "myself" It's like me playing as bethesda's character and not mine. And Knowing that Troy baker pulled that one liner at the end of the trailer I know for a fact that he'll be your voice.
Back to top Go down
sweetbutteryjesus

sweetbutteryjesus

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 1:14 am

I think it should be optional.
I mean, a voice would add character depth if you'd rather play as someone rather than immerse yourself. I mean, in tonnes of other RPG's characters have voices, including Witcher and Mass Effect.
A choice would be good to appease all sides, though.

Rubarbsm

I dont get why people love silent characters, that is what breaks immersion for me is when the character is dead silent all the time, also its incredibly boring. Which is why I hope if the character is voiced it will be like Mass Effect style. I have no trouble 'role-playing' a character opposed to making the character into me.

But from a modding perceptive a fully voiced character maybe difficult to create custom content for.

story of my life
Back to top Go down
Svide

Svide

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 1:17 am

sweetbutteryjesus wrote:
I think it should be optional.
I mean, a voice would add character depth if you'd rather play as someone rather than immerse yourself. I mean, in tonnes of other RPG's characters have voices, including Witcher and Mass Effect.
A choice would be good to appease all sides, though.
Yes, But it's like say we're playing as "Troy baker" Other than ourselves. and there is no customization for witcher. No, face change nor voice change. It's just that typical singleplayer game. And mass effect has that set of the character too. Posters, fan art, calanders. ect. Will always have the defult shepard.
Back to top Go down
Tactical308

Tactical308

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 1:24 am

Only if they had multiple voices to choose from, like saints row did. Also an option for a silent protagonist for those who prefer it that way. Also I think a silent character would cater better to mods

NKR2015

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 1:35 am

The idea of someone else voicing MY character just feels weird, but if some people want a voiced character Bethesda totally should make it optional and let you choice voices like you said. I know I'll have a silent protagonist for sure.
Back to top Go down
farlas816

farlas816

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 7:19 am

I agree with the people saying yes if they do something like Saints Row and let you choose from am multitude of voices, and slo give you the option of no voice.

Zer0rbiculus

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 7:38 am

Yeah definitely player choice oriented voice would be best. Gruff, silent, peppy, etc. That'd really beg the player choice aspect scores for them.

dingledong123

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 7:55 am

I think Mass Effect did a good job of making a character talk, but still allowing us to make the character the way we choose.

But with Fallout? It's more of a role-playing game, and it's not like you always play the game as Commander Shepard, you are who ever you want to be, just thrown into the same situation (A courier or w/e).

Plus honestly, when you choose your dialogue it's like you're picking your characters conscience, you already know what they're going to say, so why hear it anyway?
Back to top Go down
Ethan Grant

Ethan Grant

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 9:38 am

It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me, however I would prefer that my character be silent. It would be best if it was just generic dialogue, and not fully voiced, because then it would be a lot easier to make it an option that can be toggled on and off.

TWKUK

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 10:48 am

I rethought my stance on it a bit, and I think I'd be cool with an SRIV-type voice/pitch/etc. selection, IF it was limited to a few standard lines for various in-game circumstances like entering combat, seeing specific enemies, entering certain places, etc.; while actual conversational dialogues stay unvoiced.

Basically what I'm saying is every game needs to copy Killing Floor.
Back to top Go down
SupaDupaFee

SupaDupaFee

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 11:31 am

Honestly, if there is a voice for your character, someone is just gonna make a mod to re-arrange that lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 11:35 am

One line of dialogue in a trailer is hardly confirmation of a speaking player character, but if we end up getting that, I couldn't be happier about it.

As I've said elsewhere, I can't stand a silent protagonist in a world of speaking NPCs.  Like Half-Life 2... it drove me nuts.  All these people care about Gordon and talk about how great he is and yet... we never hear a word from him.  Makes it difficult to buy into the whole 'he's the best!' thing.

I totally understand that some people don't like this, and why.  But I'll take a Shepard/Hawke-type character over 200+ hours of playing as an expressionless mute any day of the week.
Back to top Go down
Legend

Legend

Character sheet
Name: Legend
Faction: Brotherhood of Plastic
Level: Windows 10

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 11:48 am

Eh, honestly It depends on the game for me. Mass Effect? I don't mind a voice in my character. A game like Skyrim however had you shouting things, and that didn't break immersion for me any more than a fully-speaking character would have. I figure if it bothers people enough, they can always just throw a "Shut Up Vaulter" mod in for kicks... depending on how soon-ish the GECK 3.0 comes out for use.

Alternatively, it's probably just for "show" for the announcement trailer and no worries should be had. Nothing worse than a knee-jerk reaction.
Back to top Go down
flamenx01

flamenx01

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 12:06 pm

I'd rather that there was no voice. There is a difference between a silent protagonist (like Gordon Freeman) and a RPG main character. In an RPG like fallout you voice the main character by choosing the options (or talking to your computer TongueTril ) and the NPCs respond.

If there does have to be a voice they should go saints row style and have multiple actors with an option to have no voice. Also if there is a voice it will be bad for mods since they will have to have the character unvoiced for quests or custom companions which may be jarring for players who are used to the character being voiced.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 12:18 pm

I respect that opinion, but can't say I (fully) agree with it. The Mass Effect Trilogy and Dragon Age 2/Inquisition are great examples of RPGs with voiced protagonists that work just fine.

Commander Shepard as a mute, Bethesda-style character would have been lame... and I definitely prefer Hawke/Inquisitor to the mostly-silent Warden of DA Origins.

I do agree that the best option is multiple voice 'packs' (including a silent option for those who want it), SR-style, as Flamen said.
Back to top Go down
TWKUK

TWKUK

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 12:36 pm

Tesvixen wrote:
I respect that opinion, but can't say I (fully) agree with it.  The Mass Effect Trilogy and Dragon Age 2/Inquisition are great examples of RPGs with voiced protagonists that work just fine.  

Commander Shepard as a mute, Bethesda-style character would have been lame... and I definitely prefer Hawke/Inquisitor to the mostly-silent Warden of DA Origins.

See, the difference is, Shepard and Hawke aren't really your character. They're characters that you play the role of, but they aren't a character you yourself made. You can choose to play them as good/neutral/asshole Shepard/Hawke, yeah, but in the end their personality is entirely predetermined.

Whereas with a silent protag, like 99% of their characterization exists solely in your own imagination, so the character is basically whoever y'want them to be.
Back to top Go down
flamenx01

flamenx01

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 12:49 pm

Tesvixen wrote:
I respect that opinion, but can't say I (fully) agree with it.  The Mass Effect Trilogy and Dragon Age 2/Inquisition are great examples of RPGs with voiced protagonists that work just fine.  

I do agree that the best option is multiple voice 'packs' (including a silent option for those who want it), SR-style, as Flamen said.

I 100% agree that it was the voice that made commander shepard and the character would not be as awesome without it.

The problem is a voice gives them a personality (though limited dialogue can also do that) which means it makes them a character designed by the game designers, rather than a character designed by the player. I loved commander shepard but he/she was always commander shepard, just as in saints row 3 voice 3 was always the english bloke. Without a voice your brain makes the characters voice, it's almost the differece between reading a book and watching a film some of the imagination is taken out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you like a character voice for fallout 4   Would you like a character voice for fallout 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next