Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Armor wolfenstein Overhaul boomers money FCOM NPCs dead commonwealth Gear vault khan mandalorian riot marvel boom hunk Mask machine Ryse Call ghoul Superpele daryl body Reforged
Latest topics
» Howdy from grandmastoes
So many red exclaimation points Emptyby Apoc Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:06 am

» armor slot changing in creation kit
So many red exclaimation points Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
So many red exclaimation points Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
So many red exclaimation points Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:42 am

» Hello from nexus
So many red exclaimation points Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
So many red exclaimation points Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:06 pm

» The Next fallout
So many red exclaimation points Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
So many red exclaimation points Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
So many red exclaimation points Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
So many red exclaimation points Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
So many red exclaimation points Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
So many red exclaimation points Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
So many red exclaimation points Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
So many red exclaimation points Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
So many red exclaimation points Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
So many red exclaimation points Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:29 am

» Late Introduction
So many red exclaimation points Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:29 pm

» Greetings!
So many red exclaimation points Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
So many red exclaimation points Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
So many red exclaimation points Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:50 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

So many red exclaimation points

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
alpha115

alpha115

So many red exclaimation points Empty
PostSubject: So many red exclaimation points   So many red exclaimation points EmptyTue May 27, 2014 2:12 am

So it finally happened, I ended up breaking fallout new vegas. Now all the textures in my game are horribly messed up. This all started after I decided to try and find a good mod to change the way Cass looks ingame. After installing the better cass mod, Cass did look nicer except now all the females in the game were missing their heads. So i decide to uninstall the mod and install fallout character overhaul http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/54460/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fnewvegas%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D54460%26preview%3D&pUp=1 and uninstall the better cass mod. Now everything is broken.

here is my load order if anyone can help
load order:
Back to top Go down
maybenexttime

maybenexttime

Character sheet
Name: Nova
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 70

PostSubject: Re: So many red exclaimation points   So many red exclaimation points EmptyTue May 27, 2014 3:21 am

FIRST, do you install with FOMM or do you drag and drop.

Because if you drag and drop you can overwrite textures with different mods that can cause red exclamation points to come out.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxYtkZcLsMZbIKBe6Z35liA
alpha115

alpha115

PostSubject: Re: So many red exclaimation points   So many red exclaimation points EmptyTue May 27, 2014 4:53 am

maybenexttime wrote:
FIRST, do you install with FOMM or do you drag and drop.

Because if you drag and drop you can overwrite textures with different mods that can cause red exclamation points to come out.
I drag and dropped. I kind of dont know how to use Fomm to install a mod.
Back to top Go down
maybenexttime

maybenexttime

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So many red exclaimation points   So many red exclaimation points EmptyTue May 27, 2014 5:50 am

Yeah, you should stop drag and dropping.

When you drag and drop you can possibly rewrite existing texture files. So if you turn a texture mod off, you will get angry exclamation marks.

Unfortunately, some of your texture files are long gone and I would suggest you to reinstall the game. Disabling and removing mods won't do anything but may cause even further problems.

If you don't want to reinstall, I'd suggest installing popular texture packs such as NMC or Ojo, that should remove some of the red exclamation marks.

To install by FOMM (don't use NMM), click on package manager, than create FOmod, than add FOmod.

Than you look for the rar files you want to install, click on it and than activate it. This way it when you uninstall mods, it will save old overwritten files and put them back in the game.

ritualclarity

ritualclarity

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: So many red exclaimation points   So many red exclaimation points EmptyTue May 27, 2014 6:13 am

Ok .. you are in trouble..

First you need to learn how to use a mod manager. If FOMM is the one you will be using for FNV then go here. Lots of info there. Read it and try to understand most of the basics like how to open a package manager and add, remove and alter mods. You can eventually even extract them.. Trust me .. If you are dedicated you can easily learn the basics.
You need to use a manager because it manages the files and allows you to remove them if they need removing. It is a very useful tool if you don't have the experience to hunt down all the files involved and manually fix them. Trust me.. it is a real pain in the A**

Secondly.. If you have been installing mods manually chances are other aspects of FNV is messed up as well. You need to repair the data folder. This is sort of bad and can cause problems later but as a last resort.. follow the instructions next:

Make sure you have a good internet and steam installed for FNV.. (should unless it is pirated)

Open up your FNV folder. Find the "Data" folder inside it .. Where the Fallout New Vegas.exe can be found. Open that up. See all the nice BSA and folders and esp and esms. Much like what you were dumping in there when you manually loaded these files. Unless it is one of the files that are part of FNV (esp, esm. or a BSA from Fallout NV) delete it..

here is what I have on a clean FNV folder
Spoiler:

Don't worry about accidentally deleting something that is part of FNV. If in doubt delete. it.

Next open Steam and navigate to FNV. right click. Choose properties. find "local files" Finally choose verify integrity of Game Cache.

The process you did removing all the suspected files was to clean up the folder of any possible contamination. You could essentially delete everything and steam would restore the files properly. Then you can reinstall any tools like NVSE and other things when it is finished if needed.

That is how to repair the FNV folder. Other choice is to go to Steam. FNV game right click .. delete local content . Open the steam folder find The FNV folder.. Delete anything left in that folder. (stuff that wasn't part of FNV game ) and then go back and verify cache or use a backup that you have made through steam. Install your tools again.. Then the mod manager of choice. Then finally the mods. keep in mind that these mods need to be installed in the order of priority.. Least important to most. (relationship to the texture files.) that is if you need to overwrite a face texture you install it after any other mods that make changes to the face.

Why the wall of text?
As you get better ( or other readers here that are better) you might only have some loose files (folders) that have been contaminated with files or whatnot. Then you can delete that folder and use the verify cache function and take less time recovering. In your case I would recomend a fresh clean start and use a mod manager from the start ( after the tools have been installed. Can't use a manager for those. Those have to be manually installed)

Hope the moderators don't mind the novel Smile

alpha115

PostSubject: Re: So many red exclaimation points   So many red exclaimation points EmptyTue May 27, 2014 6:27 am

Well I am taking both of your guys advice. It hurts to delete all of my mods and uninstall the game but its the right thing to do. I should not have manually installed all of those mods I should have learned how to use FOMM and installed them. its going to suck reinstalling some of my favorite mods but I messed up so I have to fix my mistake.
Back to top Go down
maybenexttime

maybenexttime

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: So many red exclaimation points   So many red exclaimation points EmptyTue May 27, 2014 7:57 am

Well honestly, I'd suggest trying Ritualclarity's methods first. He's the tech support wizard.

ritualclarity

ritualclarity

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: So many red exclaimation points   So many red exclaimation points EmptyTue May 27, 2014 8:22 am

If you installed all the mods manually. You should follow the second suggestion and delete all the files and assets from the FNV folder. Delete the files through steam first then go and delete the files from the actual FNV folder. It isn't that bad. You can have it downloading while at work, school or even asleep. Then use the mod manager exclusively where ever possible. There are people and web sites that can help guide you in the way use FOMM. It is older manager and well established. Lots of videos and help on the web to get you up to speed. You really only need to know how to install, uninstall and activate archive invalidation and you should be pretty good to go. Then you can learn all the other features and functions that it has ..

this time make a steam back up copy of the FNV folder and do this with any game you mod. The rest shouldn't matter as you aren't changing the files on those games so space will be spared. You can always verify cache those games if they act up..

Finally after downloading the fresh install I also verify cache again to make sure that the download went as it should. Sometimes it messes up and new files need to be gotten. If it repeats a 400 kp file a time or two don't worry. That is normal. At least with me.

While you are at it.. keep a copy of all the mods you download. Many times those mods go missing or get removed. This happened with VGU as well. This way you always have a good copy to return to and your favorites will continue to be able to be used. (I also make a copy for FOMM when prompted .. this way I can reinstall easily without having to go and get my backup copy. )

alpha115

PostSubject: Re: So many red exclaimation points   So many red exclaimation points EmptyTue May 27, 2014 9:36 am

ritualclarity wrote:
If you installed all the mods manually. You should follow the second suggestion and delete all the files and assets from the FNV folder. Delete the files through steam first then go and delete the files from the actual FNV folder. It isn't that bad. You can have it downloading while at work, school or even asleep. Then use the mod manager exclusively where ever possible. There are people and web sites that can help guide you in the way use FOMM. It is older manager and well established. Lots of videos and help on the web to get you up to speed. You really only need to know how to install, uninstall and activate archive invalidation and you should be pretty good to go. Then you can learn all the other features and functions that it has ..

this time make a steam back up copy of the FNV folder and do this with any game you mod. The rest shouldn't matter as you aren't changing the files on those games so space will be spared. You can always verify cache those games if they act up..

Finally after downloading the fresh install I also verify cache again to make sure that the download went as it should. Sometimes it messes up and new files need to be gotten. If it repeats a 400 kp file a time or two don't worry. That is normal. At least with me.

While you are at it.. keep a copy of all the mods you download. Many times those mods go missing or get removed. This happened with VGU as well. This way you always have a good copy to return to and your favorites will continue to be able to be used. (I also make a copy for FOMM when prompted .. this way I can reinstall easily without having to go and get my backup copy. )

I basically uninstalled the game and deleted everything left in the Data folder reinstalling the game now. I will definitely make a backup copy of the default data folder and keep it tucked away somewhere safe. I also figured out how to install mods using FOMM and its not as complicated as I once thought it to be. though I am also going to try and cut down on the mods I use.
Back to top Go down
ritualclarity

ritualclarity

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: So many red exclaimation points   So many red exclaimation points EmptyWed May 28, 2014 12:36 am

When you start feeling comfortable with the new process you are using. check in to FNVedit. You can merge weapons armors mods together that can lower your esp load keeping you in the "Working" zone. Could come in handy with the various rips found here on this site. Don't use it for regular mods.. you really need to know exactly what you are doing for those and when you do.. other mods that access them most likely won't work anymore.

I am building my FNV folder as I type here. When I am done the next thing I will likely do is check out that feature.. could be a god send with the various mods I can get here. Running TTW and various patches already takes a large number of my available esp/esm slots.

PostSubject: Re: So many red exclaimation points   So many red exclaimation points Empty

Back to top Go down

So many red exclaimation points

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1