Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Gear commonwealth Call body money upgrades mandalorian boom ghoul daryl riot vault boomers wolfenstein NPCs machine FCOM Superpele khan Ryse dead hunk Reforged Mask space marvel
Latest topics
» Modder looking for gun mods
Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:13 pm

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:29 am

» Late Introduction
Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:29 pm

» Greetings!
Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:50 am

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction? Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:52 pm

» So I tried my hand at modding...
Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction? Emptyby Bset Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:01 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction? Emptyby DoxxxBoxx Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:33 am

» hi i'm new person
Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction? Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction? Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction? Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction? Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:37 am

» Fallout Screenshots XIV
Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction? Emptyby Smellen D'generes Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:06 am

» New person
Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction? Emptyby W0NDER0FY0U Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:29 am

» Howdy pardners.
Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction? Emptyby DVAted Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:06 pm

» Suggestions for a Halo Themed TTW Playthrough
Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction? Emptyby apatheticman Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:44 pm

» who here is a mandalorian??
Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction? Emptyby chazmister Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:13 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction? Emptyby Ndf Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:29 pm

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

What faction should I attack next?
Legion
Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction? I_vote_lcap56%Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction? I_vote_rcap
 56% [ 10 ]
NCR
Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction? I_vote_lcap28%Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction? I_vote_rcap
 28% [ 5 ]
BoS
Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction? I_vote_lcap16%Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction? I_vote_rcap
 16% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
ddark16

ddark16

Character sheet
Name: Jodo Cast
Faction: The Empire
Level: 37

Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction? Empty
PostSubject: Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction?   Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 4:19 am

So my question is this, is it possible to completely eliminate (kill off) a faction in fallout NV.  A bit of backstory.

My current main character, works for the empire (yes from star wars).  He leads an elite team of shadow troopers, that have been tasked with conquering lands for the empire.   I run quite a few mods, but one I use primarily is enclave commander, however I have replaced the enclave with a star wars faction, most notably storm troopers of all types.  

I am waging a personal war against the wasteland, and thus far have conquered many different areas.  I have completely eliminated the following factions, and absorbed their territory.

Great Khans (nuked them and then carpet bombed, shortly after I sent in a squad of 50 storm troopers, eliminated all their assets and leaders, I have since stationed a garrison of troops on their land)

Vipers (hit their den with my character, and a small group of elite dark troopers, we eliminated all of their troops, and killed their leader Vex)

Jakals (I used a similar tactic on them, but found they are more wide spread, so there may be remnants out there that need to be taken care of.)

Kings Gang (I personally took out this gang, killed their leader, and claimed their building for myself, I have since stationed some troops there)  

Right now, I am taking on NCR.  I took over the NCR outpost, using about 30 storm troopers, and scout trooper snipers, I also Helios One with a group of commandos, and took it for myself.

To give you an idea I run IWSpawns which adds many more faction units, and even adds patrols.   The issue I'm having is will I continue to have to garrison troops in order to keep the areas i've claimed?      

What types of tactics would you guys use to keep the remaining troops at bay, I know NCR is going to take some time to kill off.

Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction? Tumblr_nh3xiwUWLE1r0j0yso2_400
Back to top Go down
Zinitrad

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction?   Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 5:40 am

No, it really isn't possible to kill off a faction in New Vegas, because of the way the game will spawn them in. I suppose you could go an fight every single faction npc in the game and kill them, but that still wouldn't stop the random encounter hit squads and the like. Not only that, but after 31 days in game time all the unnamed npcs will respawn anyways, and regardless of whether you have npcs stationed there, the unnamed faction mooks will be back in full force.

So, no, its not really possible to utterly remove an in game faction from the world. Not without mods.
Back to top Go down
BlackTemplar

BlackTemplar

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction?   Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 5:46 am

Since you can't really kill the factions off for good, I would set up small patrols around areas you have already conquered. Base your troops in those areas and they'll push your enemies off your turf.

ddark16

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction?   Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 5:57 am

Liking the suggestion blacktemplar patrols of my own are a good idea. What troop type would you suggest? Also, I'm going to look into modifying re spawn timers, so they aren't getting a constant influx of new troops.

Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction? Tumblr_nh3xiwUWLE1r0j0yso2_400
Back to top Go down
BlackTemplar

BlackTemplar

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction?   Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 6:41 am

I advise using basic Stormtroopers with at least 2 Stormtrooper Captains for areas of minor importance. Attach at least 2-3 Scout Troopers as you feel are necessary.

Areas of high value, such as Helios One, I suggest leaving Shadow Troopers along with 2-3 specialized units like Incinerator Troopers. Same applies for Scout Troopers.

I haven't used the Enclave Commander mod with the Star Wars troopers, so I'm unsure of what is readily available to you, so I'm only suggesting what I would use.

ddark16

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction?   Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction? EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 1:50 pm

All those troops are available to me, thank you very much for your suggestion, im going to work on setting up these units now. Smile hopefully I can maintain my territory. Even if they get "reinforcements" I think it will make for an interesting battle, cant wait to be able to post screens!

My troop list:

Stormtrooper Commando: basically a higher ranking storm trooper, alittle beefier armor, and blaster rifle.

Scout Trooper Sniper: Sniper unit, long range energy sniper rifle, and scout armor

Heavy Trooper: This trooper uses heavy laser weapons, and tesla weapons, has heavy armor

Dark Trooper Commando: I made this true to lore, this unit is an android, with black storm trooper armor, and a high cap laser rifle, they are harder to take down, and have the damage resistance of what you would expect out of metal.

Dark trooper Wraith: Similar to above, but they use stealth technology for infiltration, and also have a gauss sniper rifle.

Imperial officer: These guys use a standard storm trooper pistol, and are mainly for science/repair and commanding other groups.

Back to top Go down
BlackTemplar

BlackTemplar

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction?   Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction? EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 1:41 am

ddark16 wrote:
All those troops are available to me, thank you very much for your suggestion, im going to work on setting up these units now.  Smile hopefully I can maintain my territory.  Even if they get "reinforcements" I think it will make for an interesting battle, cant wait to be able to post screens!

My troop list:

Stormtrooper Commando: basically a higher ranking storm trooper, alittle beefier armor, and blaster rifle.

Scout Trooper Sniper: Sniper unit, long range energy sniper rifle, and scout armor

Heavy Trooper: This trooper uses heavy laser weapons, and tesla weapons, has heavy armor

Dark Trooper Commando: I made this true to lore, this unit is an android, with black storm trooper armor, and a high cap laser rifle, they are harder to take down, and have the damage resistance of what you would expect out of metal.

Dark trooper Wraith: Similar to above, but they use stealth technology for infiltration, and also have a gauss sniper rifle.

Imperial officer: These guys use a standard storm trooper pistol, and are mainly for science/repair and commanding other groups.

I look forward to seeing those screens! Good luck in your Imperial Takeover of the Mojave!

ddark16

ddark16

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction?   Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction? EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 3:46 am

Ericbaum Ten wrote:
I like you're playthrough, sounds great. Might do something similar once I can get access to the star wars mods and the other lovely mods that can be found here.

Man i remember this post... the answer is yes. all 3 of those factions are gone in my game, once I killed NCR's president and took their areas, I removed them in the GECK no more NCR, BoS got wrecked and same with legion for the most part haha.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction?   Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is it possible to completely eliminate a faction?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1