Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Superpele space money vault upgrades marvel boom Gear machine riot mandalorian khan Ryse commonwealth daryl hunk boomers Reforged dead ghoul body FCOM NPCs Call Mask wolfenstein
Latest topics
» Modder looking for gun mods
New Vegas fresh re-install help Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:33 pm

» schorched enclave officer
New Vegas fresh re-install help Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:13 pm

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
New Vegas fresh re-install help Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:29 pm

» Late Introduction
New Vegas fresh re-install help Emptyby Battleclad Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:29 am

» Greetings!
New Vegas fresh re-install help Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
New Vegas fresh re-install help Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
New Vegas fresh re-install help Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:50 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
New Vegas fresh re-install help Emptyby DireTheRed Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:52 pm

» So I tried my hand at modding...
New Vegas fresh re-install help Emptyby Bset Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:01 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
New Vegas fresh re-install help Emptyby DoxxxBoxx Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:33 am

» hi i'm new person
New Vegas fresh re-install help Emptyby Jackfishproductions Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:00 am

» What Fallout 4 Armor Mod is This?
New Vegas fresh re-install help Emptyby Skroge Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:15 pm

» [FNV] Weird facial problem when using Dragbody overhaul
New Vegas fresh re-install help Emptyby CommunistDragon Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:18 pm

» [FNV] Some help with placing npcs in wasteland pls
New Vegas fresh re-install help Emptyby TimvorixosGR Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:37 am

» Fallout Screenshots XIV
New Vegas fresh re-install help Emptyby Smellen D'generes Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:06 am

» New person
New Vegas fresh re-install help Emptyby W0NDER0FY0U Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:29 am

» Howdy pardners.
New Vegas fresh re-install help Emptyby DVAted Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:06 pm

» Suggestions for a Halo Themed TTW Playthrough
New Vegas fresh re-install help Emptyby apatheticman Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:44 pm

» who here is a mandalorian??
New Vegas fresh re-install help Emptyby chazmister Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:13 am

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
New Vegas fresh re-install help Emptyby Ndf Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:29 am

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

New Vegas fresh re-install help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Marcos A

Marcos A

New Vegas fresh re-install help Empty
PostSubject: New Vegas fresh re-install help   New Vegas fresh re-install help EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 1:30 am

So ive gotten to the point where ive run into a decent amount of problems and to where im not completly satisfied with my performance ingame. Some textures are missing and are shown as a big exclamation with a red triangle.I also get game crashes now and then.I would like to know if someone can give me a guide on how to properly uninstall all mods and game data so i can re-install the game as if it was a fresh install.
Back to top Go down
boxez408

boxez408

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas fresh re-install help   New Vegas fresh re-install help EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 1:34 am

if you got the game from steam just unninstall it from your steam library by right clicking it or uninstall using control panel. redownload it and i recomend before you do any modding copy the folder for new vegas found under steam apps and make a copy of it so you know what a vanilla copy looks like. and i suggest using the fallout mod manager for fallout 3 (works with new vegas) found in the nexus site
Back to top Go down
boxez408

boxez408

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas fresh re-install help   New Vegas fresh re-install help EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 1:40 am

Was i clear man? do you need more help or are you good?
Back to top Go down
Marcos A

Marcos A

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas fresh re-install help   New Vegas fresh re-install help EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 1:53 am

The only problem is that i read somewhere that just going to steam and uninstalling wont delete every mod and upon reinstallation they reappear, i read some have experienced those problems. I know what i said may sound stupid but im just trying to not screw up the whole process
Back to top Go down
boxez408

boxez408

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas fresh re-install help   New Vegas fresh re-install help EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 2:01 am

Marcos A wrote:
The only problem is that i read somewhere  that just going to steam and uninstalling wont delete every mod and upon reinstallation they reappear, i read some have experienced those problems. I know what i said may sound stupid but im just trying to not screw up the whole process

It doesnt sound stupid at all. If you unninstall the game it will remove all files from your computer. If you reinstall it it will add only the vanilla files. After that Just make a copy of the folder with the files you downloaded and rename the folder Vanilla New Vegas. That way you have a Copy of the vanilla game incase anything goes wrong. If you begin to mod and mess up and cant undo it just erase everything in the folder and replce it with your vanilla copy and you should be good I see what you did t

I recomend getting a mod manager those help out alot so you dont have to keep reinsalling the game.

HAPPY MODING!
Back to top Go down
Acies

Acies

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas fresh re-install help   New Vegas fresh re-install help EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 2:10 am

Steam doesn't uninstall fallout mods, you have to go to the fallout folder and remove them manually. You can go to the install folder by going to steam library, right click at the game, properties, local files and see local files.

boxez408

boxez408

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas fresh re-install help   New Vegas fresh re-install help EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 2:12 am

Acies wrote:
Steam doesn't uninstall fallout mods, you have to go to the fallout folder and remove them manually. You can go to the install folder by going to steam library, right click at the game, properties, local files and see local files.

Really? I did not know that guess ill have to try when i get home i was sure of it. so then yea he only other option would be uninstalling through control panel
Back to top Go down
Marcos A

Marcos A

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas fresh re-install help   New Vegas fresh re-install help EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 2:13 am

So since i have both Fallout manager and nexus manager should i deactivate and uninstall the mods before uninstalling fallout?. Thanks for the info guys.
Back to top Go down
boxez408

boxez408

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas fresh re-install help   New Vegas fresh re-install help EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 2:14 am

Since you wont lose your mods i would play it safe and just uninstall them and re install them once you have the game but try and find which mods are causing the issue
Back to top Go down
Gedor

Gedor

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas fresh re-install help   New Vegas fresh re-install help EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 6:05 am

Yea like the other guys sad, just go into your Mod Manager, select option disable all mods, go into steam and delete local content. Than after u reinstall New Vegas just open NMM and select game folder and you will have all your mods deactivated, activate them again and viola. If u have missing textures and mod conflicts my advice is to install big mods first, like texture packs, and then let other smaller mods overwrite the big ones. And the best solution you can have is to understand what each mod add, so u don't have 5 mods that change same thing, that is where most conflicts are

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/gedoracroable
ritualclarity

ritualclarity

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas fresh re-install help   New Vegas fresh re-install help EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 6:32 am

You can verify the cache of a Steam game and not have to delete and download the files again. Nuke option is the last option when nothing else works.

You stated you have two managers if I understand it correctly.. That is a no, no unless you really know what you are doing. If you did.. you wouldn't have the problems you have and / or not need to ask.. Wink.
Choose one manager. FOMM is very good and has added tools that you would find useful. BSA browser and BSA creator..

I you choose the NUKE option you will need to go into Steam/common yada yada and find the game folder and delete it. There are .txt and other crap that is there. Also keep in mind any saves you have might be also considered to delte as sometimes crap ends up stuck in the save as well causing problems or the save is corrupted etc.

Installation. Well I install the tools like FNVedit, NVSE (must now) and GECK if you plan on doing any modifications of the game files (customizations etc) It isn't just needed for Modders. you can use it for some special customization instead of wasting a plugin slot.. Keep in mind many players experience problems when they start to reach ~120-140 plugins even though technically you can go way above that.

Once those are installed plan out the installation you will be doing. The least important first then the most important last.. See this means that what you most want or desire will overwrite the less important mods. Wink. So if you like a set of replament armors but really like a particular armor.. install the replacement armors first then ... install the favored armor later overwriting the previous mods.

If you keep that in mind you can easily install and get the desired results with less mess and fuss. If you make a mistake.. Try to un-install the mods in reverse order to help the manager remove and replace them properly. Most can handle them out of order but sometimes things go wrong.

Best rule of thumb is to run as few mods as needed for that game play .. Don't need to load up the kitchen sink if you aren't going to wash dishes. Same as no need to install a ... say companion if you have no intention of using him/her in that play. Same with textures etc. Keep in smaller and simpler and you will have a better experience and you can at any time reactivate the mods you want Wink. So nothing really lost.

Now more advanced tricks .. remember my comment on less plugins ? Well you can use the tool FNVedit to merge simple mods (more advanced ones as well but require more understanding of what you are doing to get it to work correctly) Armor mods and weapon mods are excellent choices for these. This means that you can lower the plugin limit and still keep all those tasty armors and weapons that are so prevalent around this site.. Banana Dance

The GECK is useful for those few minor things that need fixing like you want a perk every level or some hidden perks etc. Just create a simple esp etc and place your personal settings into it and load it every time. AS you get better you can even start to copy over the records from other mods and add it to your own customization base esp.. TongueTril

This is more that you asked for but hopefully gives you a good understanding on some possibilities and step to further enjoy your experience with Fallout 3 and Fallout NV.

Marcos A

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas fresh re-install help   New Vegas fresh re-install help EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 10:56 am

Well the only reason i have two mod managers is because some mods required FOMM i didnt know there would be problems Facepalm my god i should do more research. Thanks for the tips everyone first im going to try to find the root cause of my crashes if not then i will try the other steps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas fresh re-install help   New Vegas fresh re-install help EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 11:09 am

If nothing else works and you really want to start fresh, you can always delete your Data folder's contents and have Steam check the integrity which should add only the vanilla files.
Back to top Go down
FNVCourier

FNVCourier

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas fresh re-install help   New Vegas fresh re-install help EmptyTue Mar 03, 2015 11:57 pm

I would, in this situation, First uninstall all mods through your selected mod managers. After that go to where your game is located (whether it be in steam or elsewhere) and just delete the entire Fallout New Vegas folder. Following that I would do the "official uninstall through say steam. After that go back and check to see if any fallout folder for new Vegas still exists. Following that I would go and find you mod managers folders and uninstall those as well. Yes this may seem tedious but definitley something you may want to try. Following that go to your documents and make sure you saved game files, auto save files and other folders are deleted as well. Following all this return to steam and reinstall the game. Make sure to use the FNV launcher first ao default settings can be detected for your rig. I'm sure this has been detailed before but just putting in my normal steps for full fresh reinstall.

Cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
Soju

Soju

Character sheet
Name: ----------------------
Faction: ---------------------
Level: ----------------------

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas fresh re-install help   New Vegas fresh re-install help EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 1:33 am

Uninstall the game through Control Panel, then remove the entire folder, also remove the ones in My Documents/My Games/Fallout New Vegas.

Topic moved from Fallout Discussion to Troubleshooting.

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas fresh re-install help   New Vegas fresh re-install help Empty

Back to top Go down

New Vegas fresh re-install help

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1