Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
body mandalorian commonwealth hunk Call vault riot boomers marvel Superpele khan ghoul money boom Mask NPCs wolfenstein machine Overhaul FCOM dead Ryse Reforged Gear daryl Armor
Latest topics
» Howdy from grandmastoes
Most Trusted Companion Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Most Trusted Companion Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Most Trusted Companion Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Most Trusted Companion Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 am

» Hello from nexus
Most Trusted Companion Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Most Trusted Companion Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Most Trusted Companion Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Most Trusted Companion Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Most Trusted Companion Emptyby CosmoMods Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:52 am

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Most Trusted Companion Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 4:11 pm

» Guns you want in Fallout
Most Trusted Companion Emptyby Lupinboi Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:21 am

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Most Trusted Companion Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:27 pm

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Most Trusted Companion Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Most Trusted Companion Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Most Trusted Companion Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Most Trusted Companion Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:29 am

» Late Introduction
Most Trusted Companion Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:29 pm

» Greetings!
Most Trusted Companion Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:01 pm

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Most Trusted Companion Emptyby gamerdude7892 Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:48 am

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Most Trusted Companion Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:50 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Most Trusted Companion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
MrObamatron

MrObamatron

Most Trusted Companion Empty
PostSubject: Most Trusted Companion   Most Trusted Companion EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 1:39 am

What's your favorite companion in FO3/FNV? Whether a vanilla or a mod companion, I don't mind.

I'll start...
FO3 Vanilla: Dog Meat
I just like dogs.
FO3 Mod: I haven't really messed around with companions mods for FO3.

FNV Vanilla: Rex
Again, I just like dog companions in general.
FNV Mod: Niner.
He's pretty cool and interesting. He reminds me of my cousin: always getting high and dragging me around everywhere.

Furente7

PostSubject: Re: Most Trusted Companion   Most Trusted Companion EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 2:17 am

The Daughters of Ares companions I made myself with the Geck. It might just be because of my mods, but damn they are crackshots. One has an M16A1 and the other a shotgun, think it was Benelli, and both can headshot targets 20+ metres away in less than half a second. Also they don't follow regular follower protocol and they will damnwell follow me EVERYWHERE, including into TTW F3 and back, all restricted zones like Lucky 38 e.c.t.
I've had them for over a year, but soon they will finally be getting voices from my wonderful friend, and then I will probably upload them for others to enjoy.
I never really did like companions that could die, or animals. The latter are somewhat useless in my game, and the former is just a pain having to reload if I want them to stay alive (Bloody Boone).
I really hate companions that constantly talk when you're not talking to them. Annoying remarks and such. The only exception is Skyrim's Sofia, she's frigging hilarious. When I finish the vocals for my companions, I'll probably make and personally use a version where they don't yap every 5 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Great Teacher Alex

Great Teacher Alex

PostSubject: Re: Most Trusted Companion   Most Trusted Companion EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 2:41 am

For Fallout 3 I loved Fawkes as a companion but I never really used companion mods for fallout 3.

In Fallout new vegas my favourite companion is Boone but when using mods my favourite is Russell from Some Guys Russell mod.
Back to top Go down
GamerRaizen

GamerRaizen

Character sheet
Name: Marcus Adeyemi
Faction: Followers of the Apocalypse
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Most Trusted Companion   Most Trusted Companion EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 2:52 am

FO3: Dog meat. I too love dogs.

New Vegas: Ed-E.....Who doesn't love him? I mean it's Ed-E. Cass too, because whiskey.

MorningCoffee
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Trusted Companion   Most Trusted Companion EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 4:08 am

Probably sounds like I'm tooting my own kazoo here, but my favorite companions are some of the ones I've created/added to the game myself. I spend a lot of time on things like personality and dialogue, so that even little things like asking them for ammo or to switch combat styles might have a humorous or interesting result.

Specifically, though? There's the hyper-aggressive clone of Shepard who yells at me, sighs when I walk past because she doesn't want to be bothered, says "ohhhh happy day..." in the most sarcastic voice imaginable when I do recruit her (if she doesn't say no... which she sometimes does). Oh and when I tell her I'm running low on ammo? "You'll live." I literally have to bitch and explain that no, actually I will not live without ammo before she gives me any. closed eyes smile

There's a dialogue option which makes her ease off some, but I honestly like her better when she's all mean and jerk-like.

As far as the default companions go.. I like Cass and Veronica, and ED-E. I'm not into NV nearly as much as I am Fallout 3, but I agree that it has far better companions.

Back to top Go down
Furente7

Furente7

PostSubject: Re: Most Trusted Companion   Most Trusted Companion EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 4:30 am

Tesvixen wrote:
Probably sounds like I'm tooting my own kazoo here, but my favorite companions are some of the ones I've created/added to the game myself.  I spend a lot of time on things like personality and dialogue, so that even little things like asking them for ammo or to switch combat styles might have a humorous or interesting result.

Specifically, though?  There's the hyper-aggressive clone of Shepard who yells at me, sighs when I walk past because she doesn't want to be bothered, says "ohhhh happy day..." in the most sarcastic voice imaginable when I do recruit her (if she doesn't say no... which she sometimes does).  Oh and when I tell her I'm running low on ammo?  "You'll live."  I literally have to bitch and explain that no, actually I will not live without ammo before she gives me any.  closed eyes smile

There's a dialogue option which makes her ease off some, but I honestly like her better when she's all mean and jerk-like.

As far as the default companions go.. I like Cass and Veronica, and ED-E.  I'm not into NV nearly as much as I am Fallout 3, but I agree that it has far better companions.

Sounds like a real renegade

I'm sorry. But seriously though. Might I suggest Paragon/Renegade variants?
Back to top Go down
FNVCourier

FNVCourier

PostSubject: Re: Most Trusted Companion   Most Trusted Companion EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 4:33 am

If we are only talking about vanilla companions here I would have to go with Boone. I rarely will ever play without him. Now ik that he has his drawbacks, believe me, I really wish since he was sniper he could put a few more kill shots in, but he has always been my favorite.

AS for F3 I would have to say that i don't really care for any of the companions in it. None of them really did anything and i almost always preferred to play alone anyways. I just really felt that it was the only way you should be traveling around the DC Wasteland anyways.

Modded companions of course bring a whole other level of companions to the table. Ive really liked playing with Russell from the Someguy Series and of course there is Willow as well. But besides those two very well known characters I really liked playing with the Desmond companion for FNV a lot too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Most Trusted Companion   Most Trusted Companion EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 4:51 am

Furente7 wrote:
Sounds like a real renegade

I'm sorry. But seriously though. Might I suggest Paragon/Renegade variants?

I laughed, I can't lie. closed eyes smile

But yeah, no need for variants as the Commander Shepard companion is very much a Paragon - very helpful and polite until given reason not to be. The clone was meant to be an antithesis to that - while listening through thousands of Shepard's dialogue files from ME-ME3 along with all the DLC, I realized there were enough 'jerk' renegade lines to make a completely different, standalone version of Shepard.

The clone was originally going to be a boss, but I thought the idea of a companion using that personality would be much more interesting than pressing V and targeting her face a couple hundred times.
Back to top Go down
Dienekes

Dienekes

PostSubject: Re: Most Trusted Companion   Most Trusted Companion EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 8:18 am

In Fallout 3, my favorite companion was probably Charon. I don't know what it is about him, but he just fit my style perfectly for most of the playthrough. He isn't too talkative, he didn't seem to disapprove of my actions, and he was damn good with that combat shotgun. Being his employer gave me a distinctly mafioso feeling too.

In New Vegas, it's Boone. He's a quiet professional, but realistic enough to have his own demons and doubts to the point where it's almost annoying. I would like Russell most, but I'm pro-NCR and Russell is anything but. Terrific character, though.
Back to top Go down
MrObamatron

MrObamatron

PostSubject: Re: Most Trusted Companion   Most Trusted Companion EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 4:13 pm

Furente7 wrote:
The Daughters of Ares companions I made myself with the Geck. It might just be because of my mods, but damn they are crackshots. One has an M16A1 and the other a shotgun, think it was Benelli, and both can headshot targets 20+ metres away in less than half a second. Also they don't follow regular follower protocol and they will damnwell follow me EVERYWHERE, including into TTW F3 and back, all restricted zones like Lucky 38 e.c.t.
I've had them for over a year, but soon they will finally be getting voices from my wonderful friend, and then I will probably upload them for others to enjoy.
I never really did like companions that could die, or animals. The latter are somewhat useless in my game, and the former is just a pain having to reload if I want them to stay alive (Bloody Boone).
I really hate companions that constantly talk when you're not talking to them. Annoying remarks and such. The only exception is Skyrim's Sofia, she's frigging hilarious. When I finish the vocals for my companions, I'll probably make and personally use a version where they don't yap every 5 minutes.

Yea, figured that personal characters are the most fun. After all, you get to add your own quirks to him/her Very Happy

MrObamatron

PostSubject: Re: Most Trusted Companion   Most Trusted Companion EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 4:20 pm

GamerRaizen wrote:
FO3: Dog meat. I too love dogs.

New Vegas: Ed-E.....Who doesn't love him? I mean it's Ed-E. Cass too, because whiskey.
E-DE is such an interesting character (because he, well, floats) in general but his perception perk gets annoying when you think there's people close by but end up being far away from you.

PostSubject: Re: Most Trusted Companion   Most Trusted Companion EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 7:27 pm

New Vegas base game: Raul
Love Raul's story so much. And his armor that you can unlock. Can you say mariachi?

New Vegas DLC: Lonesome Road EDE
LR EDE was sooo much better than vanilla EDE. LR EDE had such a personality. And felt terrible when he risked himself to stop the nukes.

New Vegas Mods: Axe Man
Cuz, uh, you know. Axes & AlChestBreach
Back to top Go down
http://twitch.tv/gavinmurphy
maybenexttime

maybenexttime

Character sheet
Name: Nova
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Level: 70

PostSubject: Re: Most Trusted Companion   Most Trusted Companion EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 10:14 pm

I use no one. My most trust companion is the perk called "Lonesome Road".

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxYtkZcLsMZbIKBe6Z35liA
tru3th

tru3th

PostSubject: Re: Most Trusted Companion   Most Trusted Companion EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 11:13 pm

I have to agree with maybenexttime, no companions is the way for me. Having a partner takes away the lone wanderer feel that I love so much about fallout. Sometimes I will get dog meat or Rex, but the often get in the way of my screenshots.

https://m.youtube.com/user/slim117shady/feed
Paladinx829

Paladinx829

Character sheet
Name: Samael
Faction: Galapagos
Level: 50

PostSubject: Re: Most Trusted Companion   Most Trusted Companion EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 11:19 pm

Ede. Just Ede in general. He's a walking (More floating?) reloading bench, crafting table, and weapon repair kit.

Modded, I really like Vanessa because she honestly reminds me of one of my real life besties.

https://www.f-list.net/c/samael%20tarkington

PostSubject: Re: Most Trusted Companion   Most Trusted Companion EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 11:23 pm

tru3th wrote:
I have to agree with maybenexttime, no companions is the way for me. Having a partner takes away the lone wanderer feel that I love so much about fallout. Sometimes I will get dog meat or Rex, but the often get in the way of my screenshots.

Get Groovatron and you can use the 'G' key to grab and drag any NPC/creature where you need them to be.
Back to top Go down
dantaefetticus

dantaefetticus

Character sheet
Name: Samson Ramsey
Faction: Independent
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Most Trusted Companion   Most Trusted Companion EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 1:30 am

For vanilla FO3, I would have to go with Dogmeat. I just love him too much.

For modded FO3, I don't really have any companion mods, but if anyone wants to recommend any, you're welcome.

For vanilla FNV, I would have to go with Boone. His story in New Vegas ties in so well with the main story. I would even go as far to say he has the best story in New Vegas right besides E-DE.

For modded FNV, I would have to go with Willow. She is probably the most advanced Follower mod New Vegas ever had. She fits right and well with Fallout New Vegas. She is an essential mod for my load order. She is like Inigo in a way. She slowly becomes your best friend...and/or your lover if you want. My other favorite is Delilah. She is basically your medic, which is amazing because you don't have to go to a ding dang doctor all the damn time just to get healed. She also can make custom chems for you...which also adds to the greatness. She is also the niece of Sulik from the old Fallout games...which also, again adds to the awesomeness.
Back to top Go down
liljonesy04

liljonesy04

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Most Trusted Companion   Most Trusted Companion EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 1:37 am

Fallout 3 I literally never had any companions but in Fallout NV my most trusted Vanilla is Boone cause I know he will take his shots and make them count and modded would be Desmond Harper because he has a nice back story and the accent is soothing to me.

Back to top Go down
tru3th

tru3th

PostSubject: Re: Most Trusted Companion   Most Trusted Companion EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 1:38 am

Tesvixen wrote:
tru3th wrote:

Get Groovatron and you can use the 'G' key to grab and drag any NPC/creature where you need them to be.
I know but I'm not that big of a fan of groovatron, my load order is already to large anyway.

https://m.youtube.com/user/slim117shady/feed
TheLoneSurvivor

TheLoneSurvivor

PostSubject: Re: Most Trusted Companion   Most Trusted Companion EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 1:58 am

My favourite fallout 3 companion is Dogmeat. He has decent features for a vanilla companions being able to find items around to help you survive and i felt bad for him when I first came across him

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most Trusted Companion   Most Trusted Companion Empty

Back to top Go down

Most Trusted Companion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next