Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
hunk khan Ryse NPCs ghoul mandalorian dead Reforged Call wolfenstein boomers commonwealth body Superpele daryl marvel Mask riot Armor boom Overhaul vault machine Gear money FCOM
Latest topics
» Howdy from grandmastoes
Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? Emptyby noacctname1 Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:54 am

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:06 pm

» The Next fallout
Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:29 am

» Late Introduction
Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:29 pm

» Greetings!
Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:50 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MrObamatron

MrObamatron

Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? Empty
PostSubject: Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul?   Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 8:17 pm

Something that's been on my mind since Fallout 4 rumors stuck there heads out is the expected engine overhaul that Bethesda (or whoever is developing it this time) plans on revealing. As much as I love FNV and FO3, you can't deny that some things feel stiff without the use of mods.

Heck for all we know, Fallout 4 could just as well return to its original style, in other words, like Fallout 1 and 2. Not that there's anything wrong with that style, I mean I absolutely adore Wasteland 2 but I've grown accustomed to the more recent Fallout series.
I guess what my question boils down to is if Fallout 4 (assuming it's gameplay is similar to FNV) will have the engine overhaul we all want but also make it flexible enough so that it's as mod friendly as FNV and FO3 have.

What do you guys and gals think?
Back to top Go down
gav07Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul?   Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 8:20 pm

Bethesda is going to use an updated version of the Creation engine (Skyrim).

Source:
Code:
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOvh_w4TzJE
I'd subscribe to him if I were you. Good source of Fallout news
Back to top Go down
http://twitch.tv/gavinmurphy
MrObamatron

MrObamatron

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul?   Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 8:29 pm

Well here's to hoping they work out the kinks that were in Skyrim. That and that they use a better character creator engine or whatever it's called because man oh man, some of their in-game characters look like they're beginning to mutate from all that radiation...

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul?   Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 8:39 pm

MrObamatron wrote:
Well here's to hoping they work out the kinks that were in Skyrim. That and that they use a better character creator engine or whatever it's called because man oh man, some of their in-game characters look like they're beginning to mutate from all that radiation...

Bethesda knows what they're doing. I think with what we saw from a modded PC Skyrim that was originally held back by 10 year old hardware (360 & PS3) we can get really good models and textures from BGS. Also, look what we got from FO3 and FNV. They both ran on Gamebryo. FO3 was just a slightly upgraded version of Oblivion and FNV was a slightly upgraded version of FO3. I guess the point that I am trying to get across is, with what recreational modders can do, I think people doing this for a living can get definitely get it done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul?   Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 10:33 pm

Aye, Bethesda confirmed a while ago that their next game would also use Skyrim's engine.

Skyrim does look fantastic with mods that push the PC's capabilities like Gav said, so hopefully we get something that doesn't scream 'half-assed console port!' this time.
Back to top Go down
MrObamatron

MrObamatron

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul?   Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 11:49 pm

Amen to that. Just hoping mods can be ported over easily...

YohanC

Location : Capital Wasteland,Vault 108: Currently looking for a---"GARY!?!"

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul?   Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 12:14 am

Hey guys!
I'm actually new here, but this topic really caught my attention. I've played Fallout 3 and NV both. In fact, I made sure they were listed as two games on a relatively large list of games I have got to buy(along with Skyrim) when I bought my first gaming PC. A lot of my friends actually told me not to buy NV and certainly not FO3 because the "graphics were really crappy, and you can't run in it". I bought em anyway, and modded the daylights out of both games. I did realize though that the mods made it feel like a more complete game. By no means were they BAD games before; but after modding them- they felt like really great games. I really enjoyed my first playthroughs of both games, but I never got the chance to play it through all the way- completely vanilla. I hope that they improve the engine, but I'm pretty sure Bethesda will know what to do. I'm probably still gonna mod FO4 pretty hard when it does come out, new engine or not.

P.S.
Was the "A Tale of Two Wastelands" mod only possible cause the engine was the same for both games? I hope someone will eventually make a mod for FO4 so you can go back to D.C. and New Vegas again. It'd be fun to see them on a new engine.

-Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Back to top Go down
ZorkyTheDude

ZorkyTheDude

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul?   Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 5:38 am

Tesvixen wrote:
Aye, Bethesda confirmed a while ago that their next game would also use Skyrim's engine.

Skyrim does look fantastic with mods that push the PC's capabilities like Gav said, so hopefully we get something that doesn't scream 'half-assed console port!' this time.

I personally hope that bethesda don't use the skyrim engine, i prefer the Rage idTech 5 because it's an amazing engine and well optimized, yeah also the skyrim engine is but if they manage to adapt idtech 5 on a game like fallout... jesus christ that'll be amazing.

Cook-Cook

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul?   Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 7:26 am

I think it will be a more buggy engine, cause Bethesda sucks working with Obsidian
Back to top Go down
bloodshot79

bloodshot79

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul?   Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 4:05 pm

I hope its just as modible as always i cant wait to play it
Back to top Go down
gav07Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul?   Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 5:20 pm

Cook-Cook wrote:
I think it will be a more buggy engine, cause Bethesda sucks working with Obsidian

What? Obsidian made Fallout New Vegas, Obsidian is not the engine. The engine is Gamebryo, used in a lot of games. And how does them sucking when working with Obsidian have to do with the new fallout 4 engine/creation engine? Most likely Obsidian isn't involved with anything Fallout right now because of Pillars of Eternity, and the free-to-play tank game. And they have discussed with Polygon they are looking to make a sequel.
Back to top Go down
Tuckerthecatfish

Tuckerthecatfish

Character sheet
Name: King C of FI
Faction: The Kingz of FI
Level: 060

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul?   Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 9:16 pm

I hope they don't mess up the gun play so its like call of duty you know like a straight line of bullets i liked that guns were not to on point like real life
Back to top Go down
gav07Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul?   Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 9:19 pm

thebabyjebus wrote:
I hope they don't mess up the gun play so its like call of duty you know like a straight line of bullets i liked that guns were not to on point like real life

They won't. All Bethesda games have that 'Bethesda' feel, and Todd Howard wouldn't allow a release if it didn't have that feel.
Back to top Go down
Decker2468

Decker2468

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul?   Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 10:21 pm

I think they should make a new engine design specify for Fallout and future Fallout games. While it will be interesting for them to use the engine from Skyrim. But I still think they should make a new engine.
Back to top Go down
gav07Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul?   Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 10:25 pm

Decker2468 wrote:
I think they should make a new engine design specify for Fallout and future Fallout games. While it will be interesting for them to use the engine from Skyrim. But I still think they should make a new engine.

I wish they would make a new engine, but sadly they won't. An engine that fully utilizes next engine technology would be amazing.
Back to top Go down
MrObamatron

MrObamatron

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul?   Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 9:56 pm

gav07NewVegas wrote:
Decker2468 wrote:

I wish they would make a new engine, but sadly they won't. An engine that fully utilizes next engine technology would be amazing.

It would be but that would be almost pointless when there's already a perfectly fine engine they could use.
Back to top Go down
jaffa_5

jaffa_5

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul?   Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 10:25 pm

Tesvixen wrote:

I'll agree that skrim wasn't exactly the benchmark when it came to graphics. how ever Bethseda do give us Large worlds to explore. id much rather them spend time, filling the game with things to do and explore, rather than making something like assasins creed that looks amazing but is rather devoid of things to do out side of the main story and a few side quests.

Back to top Go down
FuzzedUpDude94

FuzzedUpDude94

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul?   Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 11:47 pm

gav07NewVegas wrote:
Bethesda is going to use an updated version of the Creation engine (Skyrim).

Source:
Code:
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOvh_w4TzJE
I'd subscribe to him if I were you. Good source of Fallout news

I watch Matty also! Very Happy

yougotbeaten

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul?   Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 11:02 am

jaffa_5 wrote:
Tesvixen wrote:

I'll agree that skrim wasn't exactly the benchmark when it came to graphics. how ever Bethseda do give us Large worlds to explore. id much rather them spend time, filling the game with things to do and explore, rather than making something like assasins creed that looks amazing but is rather devoid of things to do out side of the main story and a few side quests.

I agree Jaffa. Sure I want the new fallout 4 to look as good as it can but one of the defining parts of fallout is how expansive it is.i rather have a huge game that looks like skyrim than a game that focuses on grafics but there isn't much deviation from the main story line
Back to top Go down
weijiesen

weijiesen

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul?   Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 12:01 pm

Let me say this... if Fallout 4 used Skyrim's engine, and was moddable... then all the next-gen stuff I've made for FNV would seem like child's play. As far as VFX are concerned, Skyrim is leaps and bounds beyond FNV/FO3.
So I'd be perfectly fine with that!!!

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul?   Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul? Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout 4 Engine Overhaul?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next