Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Superpele FCOM NPCs Overhaul Call boom Ryse Gear mandalorian Reforged dead daryl machine commonwealth boomers body riot Mask khan marvel Armor money ghoul vault wolfenstein hunk
Latest topics
» Howdy from grandmastoes
GTAV Base? Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
GTAV Base? Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:22 am

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
GTAV Base? Emptyby gavin gold Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:22 am

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
GTAV Base? Emptyby HardComma Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:42 pm

» Hello from nexus
GTAV Base? Emptyby noacctname1 Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:54 pm

» Who Would Win: Ulysses or Joshua Graham?
GTAV Base? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:06 pm

» The Next fallout
GTAV Base? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:01 pm

» Your favorite mods for F:NV
GTAV Base? Emptyby BellToadTall Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:55 pm

» Whats the Number 1 mod you really want? (NV)
GTAV Base? Emptyby CosmoMods Mon Apr 01, 2024 5:52 pm

» Unpopular Opinion: Too many mods ruin the game
GTAV Base? Emptyby Evmeister Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:11 am

» Guns you want in Fallout
GTAV Base? Emptyby Lupinboi Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:21 pm

» black doors in sierra madre bug
GTAV Base? Emptyby Wɪmzɪkl Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:27 am

» Any Titanfall mods out their that have the female sniper armor?
GTAV Base? Emptyby john96 Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:14 am

» Modder looking for gun mods
GTAV Base? Emptyby Bset Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:33 am

» schorched enclave officer
GTAV Base? Emptyby Smash96 Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:13 am

» Sup everyone (link funny shorts here)
GTAV Base? Emptyby DHB00P Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:29 am

» Late Introduction
GTAV Base? Emptyby Battleclad Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:29 pm

» Greetings!
GTAV Base? Emptyby Primus_Daibhidh Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:01 am

» Fallout New Vegas Stuttering And LOD Problems
GTAV Base? Emptyby gamerdude7892 Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:48 pm

» hello, here for porting tips and tricks to fnv
GTAV Base? Emptyby uxof Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:50 am

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

GTAV Base?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Soju

Soju

Character sheet
Name: ----------------------
Faction: ---------------------
Level: ----------------------

GTAV Base? Empty
PostSubject: GTAV Base?   GTAV Base? EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 7:58 pm

I just received an email today from a closed group called "GTA5 Base", a Partnership offering. I'm not sure if this site is legit or not.
I'm guessing they sent me this email based on my account on gta4-mods.com. Basically, it's similar to Youtuber partnership, where each view you get earn you money. This is exactly that, or that's what it said. Basically, they offer to pay modders, each download their mods get. Sounds like a dream, so I checked out their website, I see they also offer youtube partnership, but I still have my doubts.

GTA5 Base wrote:
In connection with the upcoming release of Grand Theft Auto 5 for PC, we plan to create a huge database of files modifying the original version of the game. Our site will be a source of everything you need for Grand Theft Auto 5 for PC: mods, tools, vehicles, textures, weapons, cheats and much more. The site launches on March 24, 2015. This is also the official release date of the game.

Who are we looking for?

If you are keen on developing game mods this offer is for you. GTA5Base will be a closed group of game Modders, which means that you need to register and we need to confirm your registration. We have introduced this policy in order to create a reliable and trusted professional community.

What are we offering?

How are we different from other services offering mods downloads? We are the only mods portal actually paying for downloads of your files.

Here are our rates for downloads:
0,20$ PER 1 DOWNLOAD (from 1 to 1000 downloads)
0,30$ PER 1 DOWNLOAD (from 1000 to 10000 downloads)
0,50$ PER 1 DOWNLOAD (more than 10000 downloads)

For example:
If your file is downloaded 2000 times, we pay you 500$ (200$ for 1000 downloads, and 300$ for 1000 downloads).

How does it work?

It ‘s simple! After registration you just upload your mods to our site, then we verify their functionality and if they work fine, we publish them on GTA5Base. You keep your copyrights for the files but we would like you not to publish these works anywhere else while using our service. This means that we have an exclusive license for publication of your mods, but they are still yours.

After you upload a mod on our site you will receive your personal download link. Using this link you will get 100% of our rates for downloads. You can promote it by yourself, on YouTube, with your friends, on blogs etc. However, on GTA5Base there will also be a button called: “PROMOTE THIS MOD”. It will be an application for Youtubers who want to promote mods uploaded by our Modders. You decide if you want to cooperate with them or not. If yes, each “your” Youtuber will get another link to your mod to promote. For each download of your mod through a Youtuber’s link you will get 50% of the download rate and he/she gets 50% . But you still get 100% for downloads through your personal link. You can cooperate with as many Youtubers as you want to. Also you need to determine with “your” Youtubers who would make a promotional video about your mods.

Now with GTA5Base you can earn real money doing what you like doing and what you have already been doing for fun.
Don’t miss the chance! For more details contact us at:

Mail: contact@gta5base.com
Twitter: @GTA5Base

So, anyone got a clue as of if they're trustworthy? If they are, that means modders can start earning money for their hard-worked mods. But again, I am unsure of this closed group, whether it's trustworthy or not.

Website if you want to check it out: http://gta5base.com

Ansari

Character sheet
Name: John Marston
Faction: Van Der Linde Gang
Level: 22

GTAV Base? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTAV Base?   GTAV Base? EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 9:35 pm

You know this email is written so well it may seem legit to lot of people, Come on man just check GTA4-MODS there are mods which have more than 100000 downloads, this is gonna be the same with V when modders get to learn more of the game e.g. in 2009 we didn't have scripts mods and car mods as good as the one's that are releasing today (So that means the more advanced the mods get the more they will be downloaded), if the website starts to pay modders, then some modders Like ac.amir, JulioNIB, Smokey8808... will be millionaires and to keep the website alive they have to rely on ads, lot's of ads, seems impossible to me...

They can't pay the money of the domain and the modders at the same time, It's possible but they really need to start with a very high budget to keep the host and the modders fed, imagine if Nexus payed modders for each time their mod is downloaded; they would go bankrupt in a month, so this seems non-legit to me. But that's just my opinion.

P.S. 500 bucks is a lot of money, They can't be throwing that amount cash at modders for just 2000 downloads, it's stupid, and if they are going to pay you, they will ask for your Credit Card/PayPal info so the way I see it, it's a internet scam.

BTW what's the username of the guy which sent you the PM on GTA4-MODS?

Last edited by Ansari on Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Trentosss

Trentosss

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

GTAV Base? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTAV Base?   GTAV Base? EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 11:01 pm

"exclusive license for publication of your mods, but they are still yours." That sentence right there is sketchy enough to for most people to say no, this as well as the fact that we do not have confirmation that GTA V is modifiable. If this was an effort by GTA4-mods, and GTA INSIDE the validity would seem acceptable, whilst going against those sites and trying to compete on a large scale would be pretty difficult.

Yet I remember reading somewhere that it's illegal to charge for GTA mods which is the only way I can fathom that they are going to be able to pay modders that much for people downloading their content. From my opinion, when it's too good to be true, it usually is.
Back to top Go down
gav07Gaming

GTAV Base? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTAV Base?   GTAV Base? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 1:19 pm

Ansari wrote:
You know this email is written so well it may seem legit to lot of people, Come on man just check GTA4-MODS there are mods which have more than 100000 downloads, this is gonna be the same with V when modders get to learn more of the game e.g. in 2009 we didn't have scripts mods and car mods as good as the one's that are releasing today (So that means the more advanced the mods get the more they will be downloaded), if the website starts to pay modders, then some modders Like ac.amir, JulioNIB, Smokey8808... will be millionaires and to keep the website alive they have to rely on ads, lot's of ads, seems impossible to me...

They can't pay the money of the domain and the modders at the same time, It's possible but they really need to start with a very high budget to keep the host and the modders fed, imagine if Nexus payed modders for each time their mod is downloaded; they would go bankrupt in a month, so this seems non-legit to me. But that's just my opinion.

P.S. 500 bucks is a lot of money, They can't be throwing that amount cash at modders for just 2000 downloads, it's stupid, and if they are going to pay you, they will ask for your Credit Card/PayPal info so the way I see it, it's a internet scam.

Like Ansari said, they would need a boat load of money to keep the website a-float (pun intended)
Back to top Go down
http://twitch.tv/gavinmurphy
Soju

Soju

Character sheet

GTAV Base? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTAV Base?   GTAV Base? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 1:40 pm

Ansari wrote:

ac.amir only port models from other games, which might not be accepted because of legal issues with the developers of that game, but I'm not sure about that.

I know it's stupid, but just look at youtube partnership. They pay about the same amount of money for each view. Plus, if they get 2000 downloads and lots of ads, then they can make more than you, say, for example, they make 1000 and give you half, or they could make more idk.

And true I am aware of the credit/paypal scam, there are too many things on the internet to even determine what is legit and what is fake now. And he did not send me the pm from gta4 mod, it's an email, and the emailer has no custom name, it's just "GTA5 Base Crew", I'm just saying that I guessed he found out my email through my gta4-mod account, which I published a few GTA4 mods.

@Trentoss: There is a law for that? Since it's the modder's work, worked by themselves, they have the right to publish it freely or else. I've never know of a law that forbid people from selling their own product, though.

Please keep in mind I am not defending this site, just pointing out some flaws here, I am unsure about this site myself, while some of you got good points, I am still feeling mixed about it.

Ansari

Character sheet

GTAV Base? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTAV Base?   GTAV Base? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 2:01 pm

alonewolf003 wrote:
Ansari wrote:

ac.amir only port models from other games, which might not be accepted because of legal issues with the developers of that game, but I'm not sure about that.

I know it's stupid, but just look at youtube partnership. They pay about the same amount of money for each view. Plus, if they get 2000 downloads and lots of ads, then they can make more than you, say, for example, they make 1000 and give you half, or they could make more idk.

And true I am aware of the credit/paypal scam, there are too many things on the internet to even determine what is legit and what is fake now. And he did not send me the pm from gta4 mod, it's an email, and the emailer has no custom name, it's just "GTA5 Base Crew", I'm just saying that I guessed he found out my email through my gta4-mod account, which I published a few GTA4 mods.

@Trentoss: There is a law for that? Since it's the modder's work, worked by themselves, they have the right to publish it freely or else. I've never know of a law that forbid people from selling their own product, though.

Please keep in mind I am not defending this site, just pointing out some flaws here, I am unsure about this site myself, while some of you got good points, I am still feeling mixed about it.

I Know that he ports models from other games, But as far as I know he hasn't got in any legal issues.

YouTube partnership is completely different since it's coming from Google which is a company which has a very very high budget and it's worth billions, but this "GTA5 Base Crew" as they call themselves, have no record of doing legal or even illegal movements (If you know what I mean) So they are new and we since we can't trust them I strongly recommend that you stay away from them because it smells like a hoax. :stabby:

And they are not selling mods, They are getting payed by the publisher for each download they get and this is unlike real life which the author pays the publisher.
Back to top Go down
Soju

Soju

Character sheet

GTAV Base? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTAV Base?   GTAV Base? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 2:06 pm

Ansari wrote:
alonewolf003 wrote:
Ansari wrote:

I Know that he ports models from other games, But as far as I know he hasn't got in any legal issues.

YouTube partnership is completely different since it's coming from Google which is a company which has a very very high budget and it's worth billions, but this "GTA5 Base Crew" as they call themselves, have no record of doing legal or even illegal movements (If you know what I mean) So they are new and we since we can't trust them I strongly recommend that you stay away from them because it smells like a hoax. :stabby:

And they are not selling mods, They are getting payed by the publisher for each download they get and this is unlike real life which the author pays the publisher.

Got some good points there, I don't intend to join them since I don't have any bank card, yet.

And I know they are not selling it closed eyes smile. I'm thinking of it like a trade-off, by uploading your mod to their site and make it exclusive on their site, you'd help advertise their site, and they pay you for it. Still, a man can dream closed eyes smile.

jaffa_5

GTAV Base? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTAV Base?   GTAV Base? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 2:07 pm

My advice would be to hold off and wait till a month or two after the web site has launched. it'll become pretty clear if they're legit or not. it's best to let some other poor sucker take the hit if its a scam.

Back to top Go down
Ansari

Ansari

Character sheet

GTAV Base? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTAV Base?   GTAV Base? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 2:23 pm

alonewolf003 wrote:
Ansari wrote:
alonewolf003 wrote:
Ansari wrote:

Got some good points there, I don't intend to join them since I don't have any bank card, yet.

And I know they are not selling it closed eyes smile. I'm thinking of it like a trade-off, by uploading your mod to their site and make it exclusive on their site, you'd help advertise their site, and they pay you for it. Still, a man can dream closed eyes smile.

Let them go man, just like Jaffa said we'll have to wait if this is true or not, if it turned out to be true and they are paying the modders, hell imma go myself and join 'em straight ahead. lol!
Back to top Go down
GTA5Base

GTA5Base

GTAV Base? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTAV Base?   GTAV Base? EmptyWed May 27, 2015 11:46 am

Hi guys!
I hope you're doing well.

We've just sent out the first payment!
The lucky guy was JulioNIB and I hope you are ready to join our community!

Here is some Julio's testimonial:
facebook . com/GtaIVScripting/posts/963117077088334

GTAV Base? 10645278_865181280221083_2958836781409737338_n

We are waiting for you!
Back to top Go down
Soju

Soju

Character sheet

GTAV Base? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTAV Base?   GTAV Base? EmptyWed May 27, 2015 11:52 am

GTA5Base wrote:
Hi guys!
I hope you're doing well.

We've just sent out the first payment!
The lucky guy was JulioNIB and I hope you are ready to join our community!

Here is some Julio's testimonial:
facebook . com/GtaIVScripting/posts/963117077088334

GTAV Base? 10645278_865181280221083_2958836781409737338_n

We are waiting for you!

Well I'll be damned. I might just learn to mod GTA V when it's available just for this TongueTril.
Thanks for the reply, I'd have never would figure it out since I don't really subscribe to his facebook.

P.s: May I ask how did you find this site though? closed eyes smile Or is it already in your scope when you first open your project? It's a modding friendly site after all.

GTA5Base

GTAV Base? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTAV Base?   GTAV Base? EmptyWed May 27, 2015 1:36 pm

That is correct Wink
We were looking for an rumours connected with our site. And we've found it.
We hope in nearly future we will payout much more, but so far we hope that this payment to trusted modder (JulioNIB) is enough to consider GTA5Base as a real, paying site.

For now we have beneficial referral program. If you have connections you can get paid just for inviting friends to our community Smile
Back to top Go down
Soju

Soju

Character sheet

GTAV Base? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTAV Base?   GTAV Base? EmptyFri May 29, 2015 10:10 am

GTA5Base wrote:
That is correct Wink
We were looking for an rumours connected with our site. And we've found it.
We hope in nearly future we will payout much more, but so far we hope that this payment to trusted modder (JulioNIB) is enough to consider GTA5Base as a real, paying site.

For now we have beneficial referral program. If you have connections you can get paid just for inviting friends to our community Smile

Thanks for the quick reply. You see, this is what Valve and Bethesda shoulda think about closed eyes smile.

GTAV Base? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTAV Base?   GTAV Base? Empty

Back to top Go down

GTAV Base?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1