Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
Superpele Mask boomers Call boom daryl NPCs mandalorian ghoul machine vault marvel commonwealth hunk Reforged Ryse wolfenstein Overhaul khan dead gauss Gear body money power riot
Latest topics
» Afterlife discord
Weird messed up LOD problem - Page 2 Emptyby DionysusDreams Yesterday at 1:34 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Weird messed up LOD problem - Page 2 Emptyby HunterWorld Yesterday at 3:57 am

» How to change the UI sound fx placed by a mod?
Weird messed up LOD problem - Page 2 Emptyby immortallegion Mon May 13, 2024 12:40 am

» big red exclamation marks
Weird messed up LOD problem - Page 2 Emptyby teslatest Sun May 12, 2024 6:02 pm

» [FNV] Menu and cursor doesnt show up
Weird messed up LOD problem - Page 2 Emptyby Anesthatic Sat May 11, 2024 10:20 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
Weird messed up LOD problem - Page 2 Emptyby Allthis Fri May 10, 2024 8:20 pm

» The Next fallout
Weird messed up LOD problem - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 5:13 am

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
Weird messed up LOD problem - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 5:08 am

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
Weird messed up LOD problem - Page 2 Emptyby Luke Priefer Thu May 09, 2024 11:16 pm

» Starfield
Weird messed up LOD problem - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Thu May 09, 2024 4:34 am

» Not new, but been a long time
Weird messed up LOD problem - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 5:31 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Weird messed up LOD problem - Page 2 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 6:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Weird messed up LOD problem - Page 2 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
Weird messed up LOD problem - Page 2 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Weird messed up LOD problem - Page 2 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Weird messed up LOD problem - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Weird messed up LOD problem - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Weird messed up LOD problem - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Weird messed up LOD problem - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Weird messed up LOD problem - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 am

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Weird messed up LOD problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eridonn

Eridonn

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

Weird messed up LOD problem - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weird messed up LOD problem   Weird messed up LOD problem - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2019 6:44 pm

Rerunning FNVLODgen fixed this issue with me, im sure youve tried this before, but make sure u create a mod from ur overwrite and make SURE its ticked.

Sonichu_fanboy

PostSubject: Re: Weird messed up LOD problem   Weird messed up LOD problem - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2019 9:51 pm

@Gamb_of_Lod I have a good feeling it's a save issue. Last time this happened to me, I just gave up, and un-installed the game. Re-installed it about a year later, on a whim, and played a bit earlier save, just to test some things, game worked up until now. I got plenty of other saves I will test out, hence why I wanted somebody to test a save file of mine, to see if they get this issue

Honestly, I am done with the game at this point, so starting the game is a moot point, problem is that if it will keep happening over and over, I need to know the issue

My rig is fine, game worked fine for about 20 days worth of gametime, so I know how it's supposed to run

@Eridonn
Is it supposed to create an ESP? I'm not getting anything. Also, I'm trying Fallout 4 version

Gamb_of_Lod

Character sheet
Name: Mike
Faction: BoS
Level: 30

PostSubject: Re: Weird messed up LOD problem   Weird messed up LOD problem - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2019 10:02 pm

@"Sonichu_fanboy" What point in the game does it let you get to?

Sonichu_fanboy

PostSubject: Re: Weird messed up LOD problem   Weird messed up LOD problem - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2019 10:16 pm

@Gamb_of_Lod Oh, it's very random. I have my own thread for it, but pretty much, it happens mid game, and persists in that save file forever. Problem is that this time, I tried loading previous saves, and I get the same results, it really baffles me what it could actually be. Again, about 20 days worth of playtime, hundreds of hours, and it just happens without warning

I'm trying things on my end, little by little, to see what could be the culprit. Do you have a copy of F4? Fastest way to narrow down the culprit would be for someone else to test the save and see if their rig/settings will make any difference

Gamb_of_Lod

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Weird messed up LOD problem   Weird messed up LOD problem - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2019 10:45 pm

Huh, maybe after roughly 20 hours it uses up all your video memory or something? I'm not sure but I'd be happy to try it on my copy of Fallout 4. I've got quite a lot of work to do but whenever I get the chance to test it I'll send the results in this thread if you send me the save file.

Sonichu_fanboy

PostSubject: Re: Weird messed up LOD problem   Weird messed up LOD problem - Page 2 EmptyWed May 08, 2019 11:10 pm

@Gamb_of_Lod Thanks

Here it is
https://ufile.io/n354v8v0
It's more like 17 days worth of game time, but might as well be 20. I tried doing this without any mods, even without any official DLC, and results were pretty much the same, so just ignore all the missing mods you probably don't have

Anyways, you will be in croup manor. There is only one way from there to commonwealth mainland and vice versa, and that's that thin road, one with a ship on the side. Run all the way thru it, sprinting as much as you can. When you start approaching the beach, one with ruined houses and what not, you should see a corpse of a glowing milelurk hunter. Sometimes, it spawns far away from me, sometimes, it spawns very close to me, but more often than not, it simply doesn't spawn, I have to stand there, and let the game remember that it was supposed to spawn it(It also spawns some bushes and a few cars at the same time)

Continue running towards the ironworks, by the junkyard. I made these places my settlements via mods, so you shouldn't be running into any trouble thru out this journey. I stop by the ironworks, running thru the little creek at the side, and entering thru the bit of ruined fence. By this point, the stairs in my game that lead to the roof simply do not spawn, they are low quality LOD textures, without any actual physical meshes, many people experience this glitch, and it seems to have no relevance on actual amount of memory they have, when it happens, or what rig they have. Anyways, since the ironworks are also a settlement, I build a whole bunch of stuff here, the most obvious problem for me was a floating bed, that I build on top of one of those guard posts with stairs. Raiders I have running the place usually also spawn in after a few seconds of just standing there, along with everything else

Tell me if you encounter problems with the mirelurk/stairs/floating bed, and observe the background as you run to your objective(Is the canned food factory loading in? At which point does it look "Complete"? How far can you see the commonwealth load in ect)

Gamb_of_Lod

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Weird messed up LOD problem   Weird messed up LOD problem - Page 2 EmptyFri May 10, 2019 7:11 pm

@"Sonichu_fanboy" Didn't encounter any problems on your save mate. I think it might be the mods you have installed you might either be running out of video memory or your card is dying. I can't think of anything else man but if you find the cause let me know.

Sonichu_fanboy

PostSubject: Re: Weird messed up LOD problem   Weird messed up LOD problem - Page 2 EmptyFri May 10, 2019 11:37 pm

@Gamb_of_Lod Thanks for letting me know

What settings did you use? Rig? Would you mind sending me the .ini. file for the settings? Same goes for ENB, if you use it. Might be worth a shot, if not, I will do what I did last time, simply re-install and check every save file, to see which ones work

Gamb_of_Lod

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Weird messed up LOD problem   Weird messed up LOD problem - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2019 1:47 pm

@Sonichu_fanboy I currently don't have any mods or ENBs installed on Fallout 4 as I have been playing 3 and New Vegas mainly. I can send you my .ini file but it should be default unless I edited some things a while ago that I've forgotten about and these would have been slight tweaks which wouldn't have affected gameplay. I used max settings across the board and played in 1920x1080.

My rig:
Spoiler:

Added Spoilers to your post to save page loading time from long post.
-Hoppyhead

burner9875

Character sheet
Name: Raul Alfonso Tejada
Faction: Vaquero
Level: 37

PostSubject: Re: Weird messed up LOD problem   Weird messed up LOD problem - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 14, 2019 3:50 am

Yes this issue in my experience only occurs when there is a glitch/issues whilst generating lod re-genning should fix it instantly.

Weird messed up LOD problem - Page 2 7a996912
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weird messed up LOD problem   Weird messed up LOD problem - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Weird messed up LOD problem

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2