Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Info Panel

GUNinsider
Fallout Miami: Mika999
Stay Connected

GUNetwork
Keywords
money NPCs Call Gear Superpele mandalorian Reforged boomers machine khan gauss hunk power boom marvel Overhaul ghoul dead riot body commonwealth wolfenstein vault Mask daryl Ryse
Latest topics
» Afterlife discord
Do you prefer lore-friendly mods? - Page 2 Emptyby DionysusDreams Today at 1:34 pm

» The Fallout TV show destroyed NV. I'm done with Todd.
Do you prefer lore-friendly mods? - Page 2 Emptyby HunterWorld Today at 3:57 am

» How to change the UI sound fx placed by a mod?
Do you prefer lore-friendly mods? - Page 2 Emptyby immortallegion Mon May 13, 2024 12:40 am

» big red exclamation marks
Do you prefer lore-friendly mods? - Page 2 Emptyby teslatest Sun May 12, 2024 6:02 pm

» [FNV] Menu and cursor doesnt show up
Do you prefer lore-friendly mods? - Page 2 Emptyby Anesthatic Sat May 11, 2024 10:20 am

» Just a tired engineer with too little free time
Do you prefer lore-friendly mods? - Page 2 Emptyby Allthis Fri May 10, 2024 8:20 pm

» The Next fallout
Do you prefer lore-friendly mods? - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 5:13 am

» (FO4) FO76 BOS Objects
Do you prefer lore-friendly mods? - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Fri May 10, 2024 5:08 am

» Announcement: The Winds of Change
Do you prefer lore-friendly mods? - Page 2 Emptyby Luke Priefer Thu May 09, 2024 11:16 pm

» Starfield
Do you prefer lore-friendly mods? - Page 2 Emptyby Velken Thu May 09, 2024 4:34 am

» Not new, but been a long time
Do you prefer lore-friendly mods? - Page 2 Emptyby john96 Sat May 04, 2024 5:31 am

» Hey everyone, I've missed this place so much.
Do you prefer lore-friendly mods? - Page 2 Emptyby Xehonort Wed May 01, 2024 6:33 pm

» Hello, can anyone help me with the load order?
Do you prefer lore-friendly mods? - Page 2 Emptyby Elean Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:21 pm

» Hey guys!!!
Do you prefer lore-friendly mods? - Page 2 Emptyby SilverInc Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:39 pm

» The Legion are fascists, let's discuss it.
Do you prefer lore-friendly mods? - Page 2 Emptyby monke gaming Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:56 am

» A long overdue introduction
Do you prefer lore-friendly mods? - Page 2 Emptyby Athallah Akbar Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:46 pm

» (Fo4) fo76 Steel Dawn Weapons and Armor ports
Do you prefer lore-friendly mods? - Page 2 Emptyby Nicward Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:50 pm

» Howdy from grandmastoes
Do you prefer lore-friendly mods? - Page 2 Emptyby Apoc Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:06 pm

» armor slot changing in creation kit
Do you prefer lore-friendly mods? - Page 2 Emptyby Meno Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:22 pm

» {Multi Choice POLL} Fallout 3 or Fallout NV music?
Do you prefer lore-friendly mods? - Page 2 Emptyby HardComma Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:42 am

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
_
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Do you prefer lore-friendly mods?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ViruzZ

ViruzZ

Character sheet
Name: Character
Faction:
Level:

Do you prefer lore-friendly mods? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer lore-friendly mods?   Do you prefer lore-friendly mods? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 18, 2020 9:42 pm

Only lore friendly, all others annoy me, especially idiotic mods that port from unrelated games like star wars etc, totally idiotic.
Back to top Go down
Arcades

Arcades

Character sheet
Name: Noah
Faction: L E G I O N
Level: 25

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer lore-friendly mods?   Do you prefer lore-friendly mods? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 18, 2020 10:32 pm

ViruzZ wrote:
Only lore friendly, all others annoy me, especially idiotic mods that port from unrelated games like star wars etc, totally idiotic.

That's a bit harsh imo - I don't really use those super unlore-friendly mods all that much but there's definitely a place for them - they can be fun to mess around with even if you aren't going to use them for a full playthrough

ViruzZ

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer lore-friendly mods?   Do you prefer lore-friendly mods? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 18, 2020 10:55 pm

Arcades wrote:
ViruzZ wrote:

That's a bit harsh imo - I don't really use those super unlore-friendly mods all that much but there's definitely a place for them - they can be fun to mess around with even if you aren't going to use them for a full playthrough

To me it feels like sacrilege, I play Fallout games because I love the world, there is nothing that special in gameplay but the game pulls me in, music, style, lore.
But I also dont cheat in games and I dont install mods say that add modern or OP weapons and weapons/items that NPCs cant use its not that I take gaming serious, but I prefer to play games as intended by the dev and balanced.
All my the mods that I use are basically making the game look better, more detailed and higher quality, also I install bug fixes and features that modernize the UI.
And good DLC like mods that add some story/mission etc but i filter it out and only use ones that dont rain loot, have items that shouldn't be at that level.
There are tons of people trying to do DLC for FNV but little quality stories that have both voice acting, balance and something interesting to do, AL ChestBreach plays everything made for NV and when i looked for mods I seen his videos, mostly just random junk kids made, lacks voice acting and has OP weapons or fileld iwth bugs, very few quality mods.
Cant wait for Project Brazil to finalize, its already playable but they fixing it and adding stuff to do, so its one that I want to play.
And Checking Frontier discord every day, its THE most quality and biggest NV DLC type of mode, should be good.

Back to top Go down
Arcades

Arcades

Character sheet
Name: Noah
Faction: L E G I O N
Level: 25

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer lore-friendly mods?   Do you prefer lore-friendly mods? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 18, 2020 11:04 pm

ViruzZ wrote:
Arcades wrote:
ViruzZ wrote:

To me it feels like sacrilege, I play Fallout games because I love the world, there is nothing that special in gameplay but the game pulls me in, music, style, lore.
But I also dont cheat in games and I dont install mods say that add modern or OP weapons and weapons/items that NPCs cant use its not that I take gaming serious, but I prefer to play games as intended by the dev and balanced.
All my the mods that I use are basically making the game look better, more detailed and higher quality, also I install bug fixes and features that modernize the UI.
And good DLC like mods that add some story/mission etc but i filter it out and only use ones that dont rain loot, have items that shouldn't be at that level.
There are tons of people trying to do DLC for FNV but little quality stories that have both voice acting, balance and something interesting to do, AL ChestBreach plays everything made for NV and when i looked for mods I seen his videos, mostly just random junk kids made, lacks voice acting and has OP weapons or fileld iwth bugs, very few quality mods.
Cant wait for Project Brazil to finalize, its already playable but they fixing it and adding stuff to do, so its one that I want to play.
And Checking Frontier discord every day, its THE most quality and biggest NV DLC type of mode, should be good.

I definitely understand that sentiment, overhauling FNV with a vanilla flavor can be really fun. I think for me I give mods a bit more leeway in terms of what they add to my game because I've played it so much that a bit of lore-unfriendliness doesn't bother me too much anymore (it spices up the world a bit). Again, quest mods are the biggest hit or miss for me, but I admittedly haven't tried out those large scale DLC-sized mods, though I know I should. In my experience so many of those custom quest mods just miss the mark of normal FNV quests in a way that leaves a bad taste in my mouth, even if they're technically well made and voice acted. I'm always looking for more quest mods that feel like they could have been included in the base game, but so many that I install just never quite get it right.

TastyHands

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer lore-friendly mods?   Do you prefer lore-friendly mods? - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 18, 2020 11:52 pm

I enjoy mods that fit in the game, whether they're "Lore friendly" or not. I'm moreso looking for lore plausible.

Like a previous reply said. an MP40. It hasn't appeared in a fallout game and there's no record of one in lore. But it would absolutely fit the game's theme, and there's nothing saying an MP40 DIDN'T exist. If it fits aesthetically or thematically, and doesn't contradict existing lore, It's fine in my books. I have to agree with a bunch of other posts saying that adding modern armor and guns to the NCR isn't exactly my thing though.
Back to top Go down
d_ahat

d_ahat

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer lore-friendly mods?   Do you prefer lore-friendly mods? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 19, 2020 5:20 am

That's exactly what i mean, when i say, that do not like to hear "lore - friendly".
U can have Power armor, but u cannot have ...let say modern SWAT armor. No, that's not lore?!?!?!
U can have Anti-material rifle, LMG, Service rifle, Laser and Plasma, but not AK, M16, AWP. Not lore again.
Armor from other games? Well some of them fits so perfect in Fallout world, like they are made for it. Like Tusken Armor. But, since you know it's from other place, they are not lore again.
U can kill a Power armor wearing opponent with a black powder revolver - but yes, that's lore.
And lot and lot of other stuff.
A lot of so called no-lore friendly mods, adds stuff, that is logical to be in there. A lot of, what u call lore, just cannot exist in Fallout world.If we just think logical.

OverTheTop123

Character sheet
Name: Agent Ming
Faction: Chinese Remnants/The Shi
Level: 23

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer lore-friendly mods?   Do you prefer lore-friendly mods? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 19, 2020 5:28 am

Depends on the play-through I'm feeling honestly. I usually keep it simple, but occasionally I find it fun to go all out.
Back to top Go down
Nord Ronnoc

Nord Ronnoc

Character sheet
Name:
Faction:
Level: 12

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer lore-friendly mods?   Do you prefer lore-friendly mods? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 19, 2020 6:55 am

Does that include those skimpy outfit mods? I hate those. I could never find a mod modest outfit that I can fit under my character's armor without clipping.

Evmeister

Evmeister

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer lore-friendly mods?   Do you prefer lore-friendly mods? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 19, 2020 7:05 am

I do enjoy lore friendly mods that fit more seamlessly with the game as if they were part of it. However, I enjoy mods that add in more modern things too.

njmanga097

njmanga097

Character sheet
Name: Captain Wick
Faction: Wildfire
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer lore-friendly mods?   Do you prefer lore-friendly mods? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 19, 2020 9:51 am

Yeah I do. Mods that add assets from other games is something I'm very picky about too. I always consider the question "Would it fit the environment and setting?" If I could think of a reason for it fitting the game, I then consider putting it in.

What about the mods that adds batman armor and halo armors? These mods are well made, but sorry I don't like them because of how out of place they are. If I was playing GTA or Saints Row, I'll gladly put them in lol

What about survarium armors? It depends on which armors we're talking about here. Some armors don't look like they fit in the mojave wasteland and some don't fit the aesthetic of the capital wasteland.

Legion Will Ryse? NCR Overhaul? Boomers Go Boom and the others? They're pretty good mods. I used to download these mods all the time back then, but now I just stick with the original art direction and models of the game because nothing can make fallout feel fallout than the original stuff the developers made for the game. I am a huge sucker for gameplay enhancement mods though hahahaha
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/noel.manga.art
ViruzZ

ViruzZ

Character sheet
Faction:
Level:

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer lore-friendly mods?   Do you prefer lore-friendly mods? - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 19, 2020 6:27 pm

d_ahat wrote:
That's exactly what i mean, when i say, that do not like to hear "lore - friendly".
U can have Power armor, but u cannot have ...let say modern SWAT armor. No, that's not lore?!?!?!
U can have Anti-material rifle, LMG, Service rifle, Laser and Plasma, but not AK, M16, AWP.  Not lore again.
Armor from other games? Well some of them fits so perfect in Fallout world, like they are made for it. Like Tusken Armor. But, since you know it's from other place, they are not lore again.
U can kill a Power armor wearing opponent with a black powder revolver - but yes, that's lore.
And lot and lot of other stuff.
A lot of so called no-lore friendly mods, adds stuff, that is logical to be in there. A lot of, what u call lore, just cannot exist in Fallout world.If we just think logical.

2 rules
1) Fallout world is 40s and 50s and bit of 60s old USA without Transistors, everything that wasn't made back then or based on Transistor technology doesn't belong.
2) In that period USA was almost fully Isolated, by Isolated I mean people Americans prefer Made In USA over import goods, due to national pride, post world war 2 economy but mainly national pride.
In Fallout world this isolationism is 10 fold worse, so non American weapons of that era are, do not fit the world, of course there are some exceptions to the rule, but mainly almost everything we see in Fallout games is Made in USA.
Back to top Go down
Voyevoda1

Voyevoda1

Character sheet
Name: Eli Sawyer
Faction: Independent
Level: 48

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer lore-friendly mods?   Do you prefer lore-friendly mods? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 20, 2020 7:35 am

Nord Ronnoc wrote:
Does that include those skimpy outfit mods? I hate those. I could never find a mod modest outfit that I can fit under my character's armor without clipping.

That's one of the biggest issues I have modding Skyrim, the whole "Sexy" side of modding never appealed to me, each to their own but it's just never something that interested me.

Same goes for modern weaponry in any fallout game. I love the faded paint jobs and makeshift elements to most of the vanilla weapons, the look they went for is just so fitting for Fallout that anything else just looks totally out of place

"We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing I was ever good at...but atleast I fought for what I believed in."
Back to top Go down
https://account.xbox.com/en-gb/Profile?xr=mebarnav&rtc=1
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you prefer lore-friendly mods?   Do you prefer lore-friendly mods? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you prefer lore-friendly mods?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2